Skip to content

Baker take lesson from James Conner?

The Browns Board
16 10 476 1
  • He needs to shut his mouth.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    He needs to shut his mouth.

    No....Baker needs to be Baker and Baker does not shut his mouth. He needs that chip on his shoulder.  

    What he needs is a better offensive scheme to operate in, and better O linemen in front of him.

  • He needs to shut his mouth.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    He needs to shut his mouth.

    I liked his moxie up until now. I thought his passion and confidence were genuine and a breath of fresh air. I don't mind "cocky" when it is deserved. I actually get a kick out of it. But I feel Baker should take a step back from it for a while, wait until they win some, at least. I'd love him to respond with "words are shallow, it's time for actions to speak" kind of thing. 

  • Baker.. Keep being who you are.. Never compromise.. The nay sayers can go hug Rex Ryans hairy balls...

  • When the media asked Conner about the Steelers poor start, JC said, "I'm done talking. We need less words and more actions."

    So, Baker got into another war of words, this time with Rex Ryan (Rex said Baker was "overrated as hell" and BM countered saying it's no wonder Rex isn't coaching anywhere).

    Should Baker perhaps shut his mouth? Do you think his cockiness is only making teams extra motivated to put hits on him and/or be extra ampled to beat the Browns?

    Some Ravens have come out saying all the Browns hype has made them extra motivated to beat on them. 

    @icecube said:

    Do you think his cockiness is only making teams extra motivated to put hits on him and/or be extra ampled to beat the Browns?

    Probably.  To some degree.  With some players.

    It is what it is.  They're going to keep putting a microphone in front of him and asking leading questions....so....he's going to keep answering I guess.

  • I gotta admit that l’d like to see Baker take the high road from time to time and simply ignore some bullshit. That’s all this kind of stuff is to me. Shit that gets said on Twitter bores the hell outta me and has nothing to do with my enjoyment of football.

    All he’s doing is setting himself up on a tee for the next talking head who wants to take a shot at him, and because he allows himself to be baited into this bullshit, it makes him a soft target, and the bullshit never ends.

    So this means joe fan like myself has to deal with and read about the barrage of extra bullshit that inevitably gets generated from the original bullshit of he said she said, and it’s fucking dumb. 

    I really like Baker’s moxy, and of course l want him to crack the ceiling with success, but l desperately would like to see this kinda stuff take a back seat.

  • Rex Ryan says, Baker's as overated as hell.

    And Baker says,  Freddie says, if you don't wear brown and orange then you don't matter.  And he's not wearing any colors for a reason.

    .......not for nothin' though, you gotta love that comeback.  lol   Yeah, we want him to be quiet.......but that was a good one.  🙂

    -------

    In reality, Rex should've said, He's having trouble living up to the hype right now.....or most anything other than what he said.  It's just not nice.  Rex can say that to his friends at the card table....but not into a microphone.  It's not cool.

  • Wish his play on the field would do some talkin...  

  • Rex Ryan says, Baker's as overated as hell.

    And Baker says,  Freddie says, if you don't wear brown and orange then you don't matter.  And he's not wearing any colors for a reason.

    .......not for nothin' though, you gotta love that comeback.  lol   Yeah, we want him to be quiet.......but that was a good one.  🙂

    -------

    In reality, Rex should've said, He's having trouble living up to the hype right now.....or most anything other than what he said.  It's just not nice.  Rex can say that to his friends at the card table....but not into a microphone.  It's not cool.

    @orion said:

    Rex Ryan says, Baker's as overated as hell.

    And Baker says,  Freddie says, if you don't wear brown and orange then you don't matter.  And he's not wearing any colors for a reason.

    .......not for nothin' though, you gotta love that comeback.  lol   Yeah, we want him to be quiet.......but that was a good one.  🙂

    -------

    In reality, Rex should've said, He's having trouble living up to the hype right now.....or most anything other than what he said.  It's just not nice.  Rex can say that to his friends at the card table....but not into a microphone.  It's not cool.

    Rex was trying to be current, make noise. That's wht Baker should have just not even responded. But if it fuels him, then go for it. Baker might just win Monday. 

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    He needs to shut his mouth.

    I liked his moxie up until now. I thought his passion and confidence were genuine and a breath of fresh air. I don't mind "cocky" when it is deserved. I actually get a kick out of it. But I feel Baker should take a step back from it for a while, wait until they win some, at least. I'd love him to respond with "words are shallow, it's time for actions to speak" kind of thing. 

    @icecube said:

    I liked his moxie up until now. I thought his passion and confidence were genuine and a breath of fresh air. I don't mind "cocky" when it is deserved. I actually get a kick out of it. But I feel Baker should take a step back from it for a while, wait until they win some, at least. I'd love him to respond with "words are shallow, it's time for actions to speak" kind of thing. 

    Well after three games Baker is in a sophomore slump. And he is going to get pot shots taken at him- until he starts playing like the runner up OROTY level he was at last year. Goes with the territory. 

  • Rex Ryan says, Baker's as overated as hell.

    And Baker says,  Freddie says, if you don't wear brown and orange then you don't matter.  And he's not wearing any colors for a reason.

    .......not for nothin' though, you gotta love that comeback.  lol   Yeah, we want him to be quiet.......but that was a good one.  🙂

    -------

    In reality, Rex should've said, He's having trouble living up to the hype right now.....or most anything other than what he said.  It's just not nice.  Rex can say that to his friends at the card table....but not into a microphone.  It's not cool.

    @orion said:

    Rex Ryan says, Baker's as overated as hell.

    And Baker says,  Freddie says, if you don't wear brown and orange then you don't matter.  And he's not wearing any colors for a reason.

    .......not for nothin' though, you gotta love that comeback.  lol   Yeah, we want him to be quiet.......but that was a good one.  🙂

    This...

    That was quality shade Baker threw in Sexy Rexy direction.

    Plus I agree with the "Baker's got to be Baker" crowd. It's who he is.

    While it "wears" better in victory and glory than it does defeat and despair... it is who he is.

  • Interesting quarter-by-quarter breakdown of Baker's performance...

    If NFL games were half as long, we might not be talking about Baker Mayfield’s disappointing second season quite so much.

    • Mayfield has an 86.0 PFF grade in the first quarters of games so far this season, best among qualified quarterbacks.
    • That drops to a still-good 80.9 in second quarters,
    • 69.1 in third quarters and
    • 40.0 in fourth quarters that is the fourth-worst at the position.

    Of course we've largely been playing from behind late so Ds have been ignoring the run... especially in the Titan game in which we were well behind early which heavily influences this three-game sample.

  • Zombo said:

    Conners is a pussy. Let Baker be Baker. He does not back down from reporters questions or give safe generic answers.

    I watched both of our losses, and I can assure you they had nothing to do with anything he said to the media.

    Z

    The GOAT (Brady) never runs his mouth, ever. He's only won 6 rings and has been to 9 SBs. 

  • Wish his play on the field would do some talkin...  

    @falcon7 said:

    Wish his play on the field would do some talkin...  

    That's  all it will  take to shut up the  background  chatter. And shockingly, on the  drive  up to  Cleveland Baker hatah #1 Colin you know who was almost nice, saying  this mess isn't  all His fault. FWIW, Bucky Brooks  chimed in on the show saying the Browns have gotten away from the offensive scheme that they were using with a  lot of success  last  season. Is Freddie outsmarting  himself? 

  • Just media hype BS for ratings. Baker said nothing wrong by repeating what his HC says.