Skip to content

WEEK 4 - MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SPECIAL - One man's opinion on Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

The Browns Board
134 28 2.9k
  • WEEK 4 - MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SPECIAL - One man's opinion on Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

    Yesterday in the NFL, there was an 0-3 home favorite with a proud post-season past expected to win because they were home and playing a weak opponent. That was Denver, against Jacksonville. They didn’t win. They lost. Had a lead, too, in Mile High Stadium, such a hard place for a visitor to win. 

    The Steelers are an 0-3 home favorite with a proud playoff past expected to win because they are playing at home — on Monday Night, no less, the franchise’s historically dominant evening — against a weak opponent. But Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell aren’t walking through that door and if Big Ben does, he won’t be in uniform. Like the Broncos’ pretty logo, Pittsburgh’s familiar black-and-gold colors can’t perform for them. 

    The players they have, have not either.

    SO what to do?  Easy again all you BROWNS fans TAKE CINCINNATI AND THE POINTS plus maybe the UNDER and enjoy the game. Who knows maybe they will  tie 0-0.  😆

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #3

    @mjp28 said:

    WEEK 4 - MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SPECIAL - One man's opinion on Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

    Yesterday in the NFL, there was an 0-3 home favorite with a proud post-season past expected to win because they were home and playing a weak opponent. That was Denver, against Jacksonville. They didn’t win. They lost. Had a lead, too, in Mile High Stadium, such a hard place for a visitor to win. 

    The Steelers are an 0-3 home favorite with a proud playoff past expected to win because they are playing at home — on Monday Night, no less, the franchise’s historically dominant evening — against a weak opponent. But Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell aren’t walking through that door and if Big Ben does, he won’t be in uniform. Like the Broncos’ pretty logo, Pittsburgh’s familiar black-and-gold colors can’t perform for them. 

    The players they have, have not either.

    SO what to do?  Easy again all you BROWNS fans TAKE CINCINNATI AND THE POINTS plus maybe the UNDER and enjoy the game. Who knows maybe they will  tie 0-0.  😆

    I take issue with one point:   In what world do you think that the Broncos have a pretty logo?  😆

  • Now Pittsburgh is a 3 point favorite and the O/U is 45....... just FYI.

    Anyone going to watch?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @mjp28 said:

    Now Pittsburgh is a 3 point favorite and the O/U is 45....... just FYI.

    Anyone going to watch?

    I will, on tape delay for kicks and giggles.... I don't put money on games, but I fully expect the Steelers to win......  but that's OK, because they'll be 1-5 at the bye after they lose to the Ravens and Chargers the next two weeks.....  

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I think Cincy Pussycats get the upsets over the peestains at Heinz. 

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I actually think it may be a decent game. 2 teams trying to find their way in significantly new situations. One of them is bound to see the light right? Or maybe some light? I dunno

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I wish I they could both lose. 

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Dalton has to be better than Rudolph I think. I'm gonna pick the bungles. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    WEEK 4 - MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SPECIAL - One man's opinion on Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

    Yesterday in the NFL, there was an 0-3 home favorite with a proud post-season past expected to win because they were home and playing a weak opponent. That was Denver, against Jacksonville. They didn’t win. They lost. Had a lead, too, in Mile High Stadium, such a hard place for a visitor to win. 

    The Steelers are an 0-3 home favorite with a proud playoff past expected to win because they are playing at home — on Monday Night, no less, the franchise’s historically dominant evening — against a weak opponent. But Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell aren’t walking through that door and if Big Ben does, he won’t be in uniform. Like the Broncos’ pretty logo, Pittsburgh’s familiar black-and-gold colors can’t perform for them. 

    The players they have, have not either.

    SO what to do?  Easy again all you BROWNS fans TAKE CINCINNATI AND THE POINTS plus maybe the UNDER and enjoy the game. Who knows maybe they will  tie 0-0.  😆

    I take issue with one point:   In what world do you think that the Broncos have a pretty logo?  😆

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @the-gipper said:

    I take issue with one point:   In what world do you think that the Broncos have a pretty logo?  😆

    Well maybe some think it's pretty?

    fuck-zike-me-aww-s-well-and-fopu-denver-broncos-52682532.png

  • I wish I they could both lose. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I wish I they could both lose. 

    I guess that a scoreless tie would be nice too.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I wish I they could both lose. 

    I guess that a scoreless tie would be nice too.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @mjp28 said:

    I guess that a scoreless tie would be nice too.

    Doesn't have to be scoreless, but a tie works for me.... 

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Tie score and several new names on IR

  • Tie score and several new names on IR

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Tie score and several new names on IR

    And an outbreak of the crabs too.   😮

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I just want Mason Rudolph to NOT be the next big thing for the steelers.

  • GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Monday night pillow fight..lol

  • I just want Mason Rudolph to NOT be the next big thing for the steelers.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @orion said:

    I just want Mason Rudolph to NOT be the next big thing for the steelers.

    In judging just from his 4 year contract for nearly $4M and being behind big Ben maybe he can show something this year but unless #7 retires I don't know when he will get a shot with a decent contending Steeler team.  Still not too bad for a 3rd rounder.....from Spotrac:

    Screenshot_2019-09-30_185539.jpg

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #17

    fuck the squeelers hope they lose and their players get hurt and then a fire in the stands that burns that shit hole place to the fucking ground

  • fuck the squeelers hope they lose and their players get hurt and then a fire in the stands that burns that shit hole place to the fucking ground

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @atom said:

    fuck the squeelers hope they lose and their players get hurt and then a fire in the stands that burns that shit hole place to the fucking ground

    They do have a pretty good fire suppression system there. Shitty but true

    B0C05C55-6766-46F1-9A95-90FF05E94941.png

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Joe Haden dropping a pick go figure.  He has to be a leader in that category 

  • Joe Haden dropping a pick go figure.  He has to be a leader in that category 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Joe Haden dropping a pick go figure.  He has to be a leader in that category 

    I thought the same thing. 

    Reminds me of the old saying: "If DBs had good hands they would play offense"

  • bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    That James connor td should have been called back.  They should have called ineligible player downfield but even after they missed that should have been o.p.i. on the lineman that went down field and blocked number 55 for the pussycats

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Joe Haden dropping a pick go figure.  He has to be a leader in that category 

    I thought the same thing. 

    Reminds me of the old saying: "If DBs had good hands they would play offense"

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @dutch-oven said:

    I thought the same thing. 

    Reminds me of the old saying: "If DBs had good hands they would play offense"

    Yes and maybe a few former BROWNS WRs might have made good DBs? Eh?  😆