Skip to content

WEEK 6 - TOP 25 RANKINGS AND TV SCHEDULE and other stuff you need to know!.... including sports betting!

College Football Forum
20 3 361
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #9

    One other thought New Jersey has passed Nevada in sports betting and unlike before this supreme Court ruling.

    ALL nongambling states are bordered by gambling states people might just say "road trip" and take a casino holiday similar to what Nevada had and go spend their money in a neighborhing state.

    That won't fly forever.

    Screenshot_2019-10-04_101436.jpg

  • @the-gipper said:

     But....it is NOT yet legal in all 50 states.   Many states have not yet passed legislation....to authorize and manage it.

    Yes and no......sorta'.

     ......The Supreme Court of the United States lifted the federal ban on sports betting on May 14, 2018. 

    In a 6-3 decision, the Supreme Court ruled that the PASPA was unconstitutional because it infringed upon states' rights......

    As a result, states are free to decide whether they want to pass legislation to legalize sports betting. 

    Yes it is legal to have sports betting in all 50 states depending on if and when states like Utah do it.

    42 states (84%) have at least started the process the other 8 will eventually realize that they are missing out on extra state revenues and probably will do it........ similar to the state lotteries now.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @mjp28 said:

    Yes and no......sorta'.

     ......The Supreme Court of the United States lifted the federal ban on sports betting on May 14, 2018. 

    In a 6-3 decision, the Supreme Court ruled that the PASPA was unconstitutional because it infringed upon states' rights......

    As a result, states are free to decide whether they want to pass legislation to legalize sports betting. 

    Yes it is legal to have sports betting in all 50 states depending on if and when states like Utah do it.

    42 states (84%) have at least started the process the other 8 will eventually realize that they are missing out on extra state revenues and probably will do it........ similar to the state lotteries now.

    Yes...it is now not prohibited from having sports gambling....but it is still not legal until enabling legislation is passed.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Yes and no......sorta'.

     ......The Supreme Court of the United States lifted the federal ban on sports betting on May 14, 2018. 

    In a 6-3 decision, the Supreme Court ruled that the PASPA was unconstitutional because it infringed upon states' rights......

    As a result, states are free to decide whether they want to pass legislation to legalize sports betting. 

    Yes it is legal to have sports betting in all 50 states depending on if and when states like Utah do it.

    42 states (84%) have at least started the process the other 8 will eventually realize that they are missing out on extra state revenues and probably will do it........ similar to the state lotteries now.

    Yes...it is now not prohibited from having sports gambling....but it is still not legal until enabling legislation is passed.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #11

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes...it is now not prohibited from having sports gambling....but it is still not legal until enabling legislation is passed.

    Yes.  If you think you can open up your own sports betting place that would be illegal unless it's under some state control.

    And 42 states have sports gambling or it's in the works  and that number might be 47 before too long the last 3 will probably capitulate and join in.......or miss out on millions in revenues.

    Another thing if 42 or 47 or 50 states get sports betting you might hit an oversaturation point and those great revenues will probably decrease.  HOWEVER the problems with gambling addictions and related financial fallout from it will undoubtedly increase.

    Some people should never gamble it's a very tough game and most of the time people lose money, casinos don't. I've seen it I'm really careful with my money but I enjoy a small amount of lottery or football. Some people blow paychecks.

    I've always told young people "don't bet the rent and grocery money unless you like to be wet and hungry".

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes...it is now not prohibited from having sports gambling....but it is still not legal until enabling legislation is passed.

    Yes.  If you think you can open up your own sports betting place that would be illegal unless it's under some state control.

    And 42 states have sports gambling or it's in the works  and that number might be 47 before too long the last 3 will probably capitulate and join in.......or miss out on millions in revenues.

    Another thing if 42 or 47 or 50 states get sports betting you might hit an oversaturation point and those great revenues will probably decrease.  HOWEVER the problems with gambling addictions and related financial fallout from it will undoubtedly increase.

    Some people should never gamble it's a very tough game and most of the time people lose money, casinos don't. I've seen it I'm really careful with my money but I enjoy a small amount of lottery or football. Some people blow paychecks.

    I've always told young people "don't bet the rent and grocery money unless you like to be wet and hungry".

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @mjp28 said:

    Yes.  If you think you can open up your own sports betting place that would be illegal unless it's under some state control.

    And 42 states have sports gambling or it's in the works  and that number might be 47 before too long the last 3 will probably capitulate and join in.......or miss out on millions in revenues.

    Another thing if 42 or 47 or 50 states get sports betting you might hit an oversaturation point and those great revenues will probably decrease.  HOWEVER the problems with gambling addictions and related financial fallout from it will undoubtedly increase.

    Some people should never gamble it's a very tough game and most of the time people lose money, casinos don't. I've seen it I'm really careful with my money but I enjoy a small amount of lottery or football. Some people blow paychecks.

    I've always told young people "don't bet the rent and grocery money unless you like to be wet and hungry".

    Where do you fall on the control.....Lottery Commission, or  Casino Control  Commission?  I guess that is the holdup.

    I come down on the side of the Casino Control.  I think the sports books should only be managed at casinos....or maybe racinos.  I would not want every fucking Tom, Dick, or Mary who sells lottery tickets to be involved in sports wagering.   

    I would want it like they do in Nevada:   A casino set up, with big screens to watch games....and to show odds and other results.  Where you could spend an afternoon...betting on games or hitting the slots in between.   (and yes....for this afternoon, you set a budget and you do not overshoot it.)

  • @mjp28 said:

    Yes.  If you think you can open up your own sports betting place that would be illegal unless it's under some state control.

    And 42 states have sports gambling or it's in the works  and that number might be 47 before too long the last 3 will probably capitulate and join in.......or miss out on millions in revenues.

    Another thing if 42 or 47 or 50 states get sports betting you might hit an oversaturation point and those great revenues will probably decrease.  HOWEVER the problems with gambling addictions and related financial fallout from it will undoubtedly increase.

    Some people should never gamble it's a very tough game and most of the time people lose money, casinos don't. I've seen it I'm really careful with my money but I enjoy a small amount of lottery or football. Some people blow paychecks.

    I've always told young people "don't bet the rent and grocery money unless you like to be wet and hungry".

    Where do you fall on the control.....Lottery Commission, or  Casino Control  Commission?  I guess that is the holdup.

    I come down on the side of the Casino Control.  I think the sports books should only be managed at casinos....or maybe racinos.  I would not want every fucking Tom, Dick, or Mary who sells lottery tickets to be involved in sports wagering.   

    I would want it like they do in Nevada:   A casino set up, with big screens to watch games....and to show odds and other results.  Where you could spend an afternoon...betting on games or hitting the slots in between.   (and yes....for this afternoon, you set a budget and you do not overshoot it.)

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @the-gipper said:

    Where do you fall on the control.....Lottery Commission, or  Casino Control  Commission?  I guess that is the holdup.

    I come down on the side of the Casino Control.  I think the sports books should only be managed at casinos....or maybe racinos.  I would not want every fucking Tom, Dick, or Mary who sells lottery tickets to be involved in sports wagering.   

    I would want it like they do in Nevada:   A casino set up, with big screens to watch games....and to show odds and other results.  Where you could spend an afternoon...betting on games or hitting the slots in between.   (and yes....for this afternoon, you set a budget and you do not overshoot it.)

    These turf wars can border on just stupidity and egos at times and can unnecessarily delay things getting done.......hey that kinda' sounds like politics today.

    I think that the casino control would be better period besides the lottery commission has their own domain already running the multimillion dollar Lottery games.  If you're interested go to the ohiolottery.com and check the daily or drawing date payouts and see how much money they payout each day or drawing it's huge. Remember too they take in at least what they payout or more on each game. Leave the sportsbook business to the casino guys.

    Whenever there is money involved especially big money there will be differences of opinions on how to run things.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Just FYI and to understand this college and professional football world the sportsbooks watch and analyze everything, here's an example as a tool in picking games. Much more in the link........     http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/story.cfm/story/1984086

    Best OVER Schools

    5-0 - Charlotte, SMU

    4-0 - LSU

    4-1 - Louisiana-Lafayette, Massachusetts, Miami-Ohio, Mississippi State

    Best UNDER Schools

    4-0 - Tulsa, San Diego State, Old Dominion, Liberty, East Carolina

    4-1 - Arizona State, Arkansas, California, North Carolina State, Pittsburgh, South Alabama, UCLA, Utah

    It's on to Week 6's plays though, as just like every week in college football, there have been plenty of total moves already

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #15

    My Saturday college TV viewing:

    Noon a mix between Michigan and others

    3::30 BGSU @ ND

    5 YSU @ UNI the penguins haven't won there since 1999, at 4-0 a shot today

    7:30 MST @ The OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

    10 my west coast games

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149
    #16

    I moved to WV. Fanduel lets you make bets here. It is run by Greenbriar casino. Draftkings is run by Hollywood casino in Charlestown 

    The phone or device must have location settings on and in WV when the bet is made. 

    You can also go to the casino on bet there

  • I moved to WV. Fanduel lets you make bets here. It is run by Greenbriar casino. Draftkings is run by Hollywood casino in Charlestown 

    The phone or device must have location settings on and in WV when the bet is made. 

    You can also go to the casino on bet there

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @browns149 said:

    I moved to WV. Fanduel lets you make bets here. It is run by Greenbriar casino. Draftkings is run by Hollywood casino in Charlestown 

    The phone or device must have location settings on and in WV when the bet is made. 

    You can also go to the casino on bet there

    Sure makes it easy maybe too easy to just log on and bet......not advisable after too many beers!

  • @browns149 said:

    I moved to WV. Fanduel lets you make bets here. It is run by Greenbriar casino. Draftkings is run by Hollywood casino in Charlestown 

    The phone or device must have location settings on and in WV when the bet is made. 

    You can also go to the casino on bet there

    Sure makes it easy maybe too easy to just log on and bet......not advisable after too many beers!

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @mjp28 said:

    Sure makes it easy maybe too easy to just log on and bet......not advisable after too many beers!

    I haven’t tried it.  Seems an easy way to give money away fast

  • @mjp28 said:

    Sure makes it easy maybe too easy to just log on and bet......not advisable after too many beers!

    I haven’t tried it.  Seems an easy way to give money away fast

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #19

    @browns149 said:

    I haven’t tried it.  Seems an easy way to give money away fast

    You can put your money in the toilet and flush.....it's easy and quick also. Seriously though have a good budget and decide if you want to bet and how much before you start.

    Never go double or nothing if you start losing or you can get in over your head........ advice for anyone.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    ..