Skip to content

Christian Kirksey undergoing season-ending surgery

The Browns Board
16 13 780 1
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Wow tough break for the BROWNS and Christian hope all is well.

    CARRY ON BROWNS!

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #6

    How many can be brought back from IR now? Used to be one, but was increased before '18 season IIRC...

    I highlighted the question... right clicked... selected "search with Google" and wha-la...

    The NFL recently changed the IR-return designation so that teams are allowed to bring two players back from IR. Previously, the rule allowed just one player to return from the list, though most teams have more than one injured player capable of returning at some point in the season.Sep 3, 2017

    So is now 2 and change was made at start of '17 season.

  • Glad my favorite player from this year's draft is here to replace him. 5th round was ridiculous. Steal of the decade for the Browns.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @texasag1969 said:

    Glad my favorite player from this year's draft is here to replace him. 5th round was ridiculous. Steal of the decade for the Browns.

    I think he can & will be the dominant, physical LB I have wanted here for YEARS! Sorry for the Kirksey injury, but happy for Mack. I am another who can't believe he lasted 'till round 5.

    Mike

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Things that shaped the 2019 BROWNS season.

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS
    #9

    Why did we disrespect Joe Haden? We could’ve had Joe and Ward? Or am I missing something.. we released him due to a 4 million dollar paycut that he didn’t want to take....

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #10

    Good enough of a guy, but he was barely average his last full season 2 years ago, and we have bigger needs elsewhere.. can't pay 8.2M to a backup LB who's a liability in coverage.

    We'll save 7.5 from the cap by cutting him before 6/1, and I'd be double shocked if that isn't what happens.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #11

    The Browns are paying 27 MILLION Dollars in dead money this year, next year it drops to 3 million. No need to cut anybody, we need to keep this unit together.

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Tbh, Kirksey is the most expensive cheerleader ever. 

    I love the guy, not the player. 

  • Why did we disrespect Joe Haden? We could’ve had Joe and Ward? Or am I missing something.. we released him due to a 4 million dollar paycut that he didn’t want to take....

    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Why did we disrespect Joe Haden? We could’ve had Joe and Ward? Or am I missing something.. we released him due to a 4 million dollar paycut that he didn’t want to take....

    Freakn  Haden and that INT that sealed the game for them. I just wished he didn't go to the stealers. You just knew sooner or later  he'd make a big play against us.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Big play? Haden was in a freakin' deep zone and the ball was thrown to his area...

    Joe was a borderline great CB early in his career. We got the best he had to offer and moved on. He's now a good, vet CB nothing more.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #15

    some folks need to remember, Haden had a lift put in his ankle, that I thought he'd never be the same player ever again..Good on Joe! he's clearly worked his tail off to get back to the close as Joe Haden..  also,

    This should Surprise no one...We offered Haden the Same amount of money that Pittsburgh ended up paying.  7M.  The Problem was we* were the team telling Joe he was not playing up to his previous contract..  and he was not

  • Tbh, Kirksey is the most expensive cheerleader ever. 

    I love the guy, not the player. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @nero said:

    Tbh, Kirksey is the most expensive cheerleader ever. 

    I love the guy, not the player. 

    Been hurt the last two years, I  won't be  surprised at all  if he gets released.  Ray Lewis  he's not.