Nick Chubb-Should we call him Teddy?
-
-
My thoughts on him exactly. You could get that by watching him on Mic’d Up this week. I’ll never forget the scene in the airport on hard knocks when they were coming in and everyone was slobbing over Bakers knob. He stood quietly while one guy came and asked “Are you a player? What’s your name?” “Nick.” Couldn’t believe people didn’t either know who he was or didn’t care. Always knew this kid was going to be a beast.
-
Teddy? How dare a man, lasting more than 4 hours ever change his name from Chubb...
A Dawg named Sue..Get Out!!
-
He's perfect for us. The anti-Baker.
I've said in other threads 'Is he fast or what'? And he's a powerful runner. He can catch. He's a good, and a smart, blocker. He is just what we need at RB. - I was scared shitless when Dorsey didn't draft him at the top of round 2.
-
He's perfect for us. The anti-Baker.
I've said in other threads 'Is he fast or what'? And he's a powerful runner. He can catch. He's a good, and a smart, blocker. He is just what we need at RB. - I was scared shitless when Dorsey didn't draft him at the top of round 2.
He's perfect for us. The anti-Baker.
I've said in other threads 'Is he fast or what'? And he's a powerful runner. He can catch. He's a good, and a smart, blocker. He is just what we need at RB. - I was scared shitless when Dorsey didn't draft him at the top of round 2.
I've thought about this before and again during the last game that he reminds me of Jim Brown......only faster!
-
He's perfect for us. The anti-Baker.
I've said in other threads 'Is he fast or what'? And he's a powerful runner. He can catch. He's a good, and a smart, blocker. He is just what we need at RB. - I was scared shitless when Dorsey didn't draft him at the top of round 2.
He's perfect for us. The anti-Baker.
I've said in other threads 'Is he fast or what'? And he's a powerful runner. He can catch. He's a good, and a smart, blocker. He is just what we need at RB. - I was scared shitless when Dorsey didn't draft him at the top of round 2.
Me too. I host a 3 day draft party & I was really upset when they took an OL instead of Chubb with that 1st 2nd round pick. Sheer luck that we got him.
Mike
-
He's perfect for us. The anti-Baker.
I've said in other threads 'Is he fast or what'? And he's a powerful runner. He can catch. He's a good, and a smart, blocker. He is just what we need at RB. - I was scared shitless when Dorsey didn't draft him at the top of round 2.
Me too. I host a 3 day draft party & I was really upset when they took an OL instead of Chubb with that 1st 2nd round pick. Sheer luck that we got him.
Mike
Me too. I host a 3 day draft party & I was really upset when they took an OL instead of Chubb with that 1st 2nd round pick. Sheer luck that we got him.
Mike
My wife was asking why I was yelling at the Browns for the unknown OL pick. "They are crazy. The only great RB left is sitting right there in their hands and they take a 4th rounder at best!!" Then she heard the audible, "Oh thank God. They finally get one right!" Of course this past year I was going bananas that Wilson was still unpicked through the 4th.
But I am still most famous here for my Derrick Henry rants! Can you imagine having both of those guys!? No one could stop us in the 4th Q. EDIT: Coleman, they took f'n Coleman! And the Ogbah!?? Insanity reined then in the Cleveland draft room.
-
He's perfect for us. The anti-Baker.
I've said in other threads 'Is he fast or what'? And he's a powerful runner. He can catch. He's a good, and a smart, blocker. He is just what we need at RB. - I was scared shitless when Dorsey didn't draft him at the top of round 2.
I've thought about this before and again during the last game that he reminds me of Jim Brown......only faster!
-
He's perfect for us. The anti-Baker.
I've said in other threads 'Is he fast or what'? And he's a powerful runner. He can catch. He's a good, and a smart, blocker. He is just what we need at RB. - I was scared shitless when Dorsey didn't draft him at the top of round 2.
Me too. I host a 3 day draft party & I was really upset when they took an OL instead of Chubb with that 1st 2nd round pick. Sheer luck that we got him.
Mike
Me too. I host a 3 day draft party & I was really upset when they took an OL instead of Chubb with that 1st 2nd round pick. Sheer luck that we got him.
Mike
How was it sheer luck? The giants were the only draft pick between our two picks and had already picked Barkley. They weren't going running back again....
-
Me too. I host a 3 day draft party & I was really upset when they took an OL instead of Chubb with that 1st 2nd round pick. Sheer luck that we got him.
Mike
How was it sheer luck? The giants were the only draft pick between our two picks and had already picked Barkley. They weren't going running back again....
How was it sheer luck? The giants were the only draft pick between our two picks and had already picked Barkley. They weren't going running back again....
NYG could have traded that pick to a team with a chubby for our Nick...
Four picks later TB took Ronald Jones... and maybe he was their guy... but maybe he was their guy after Chubb.
-
How was it sheer luck? The giants were the only draft pick between our two picks and had already picked Barkley. They weren't going running back again....
NYG could have traded that pick to a team with a chubby for our Nick...
Four picks later TB took Ronald Jones... and maybe he was their guy... but maybe he was their guy after Chubb.
NYG could have traded that pick to a team with a chubby for our Nick...
They could have but I imagine Dorsey did his homework and called gettleman about if they were thinking about trading out of that pick. If some think it was luck he slid to the 2nd round I'll buy that but I dont buy this notion we were lucky and should have drafted him at 33 instead of 35. I had very little concern or thought the giants were trading out then because they were still in win now mode and I'm sure Dorsey had more information than us.
-
-
Me too. I host a 3 day draft party & I was really upset when they took an OL instead of Chubb with that 1st 2nd round pick. Sheer luck that we got him.
Mike
My wife was asking why I was yelling at the Browns for the unknown OL pick. "They are crazy. The only great RB left is sitting right there in their hands and they take a 4th rounder at best!!" Then she heard the audible, "Oh thank God. They finally get one right!" Of course this past year I was going bananas that Wilson was still unpicked through the 4th.
But I am still most famous here for my Derrick Henry rants! Can you imagine having both of those guys!? No one could stop us in the 4th Q. EDIT: Coleman, they took f'n Coleman! And the Ogbah!?? Insanity reined then in the Cleveland draft room.
My wife was asking why I was yelling at the Browns for the unknown OL pick. "They are crazy. The only great RB left is sitting right there in their hands and they take a 4th rounder at best!!" Then she heard the audible, "Oh thank God. They finally get one right!" Of course this past year I was going bananas that Wilson was still unpicked through the 4th.
But I am still most famous here for my Derrick Henry rants! Can you imagine having both of those guys!? No one could stop us in the 4th Q. EDIT: Coleman, they took f'n Coleman! And the Ogbah!?? Insanity reined then in the Cleveland draft room.
Um, ya know Ag, if he stays out of trouble, week nine we get this Kareem Hunt feller back. I've heard he's pretty good too.
-
I was freaking elated that Chubb was there in the second round. Amazed, too. Canton Mike kept telling me the Browns were going to draft Baker, but I was not sure on Baker for a good while, then I came around a bit more....and Ward was a no-brainer.
then, they drafted Corbett with that second round pick, and I could have choked on my root beer, but I was eating a pretzel at the time. I was sure, like Tour mentioned, that another team could have traded in-between the Browns two picks and nabbed Chubb. I think I said "I sure hope he's another Bitonio". He isn't.
Now, most teams in the NFL wish they could go back and draft Chubb much higher, I'll bet.
2: Nick Chubb — who had an 88-yard touchdown run against the Ravens — now has two touchdown runs of 85 yards or more in his first two NFL seasons (he also had a 92-yard touchdown run in Week 10 of last season). Chubb joins Bob Hoernschemeyer (remember him? He had two such TD runs from 1946-47) and Chris Johnson (three from 2008-09) as the only players with at least two touchdown runs of 85 yards or more in their first two seasons.
To.
— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) September 29, 2019
The.
House.@NickChubb21, everybody. pic.twitter.com/RCeJGdSsaX -
My wife was asking why I was yelling at the Browns for the unknown OL pick. "They are crazy. The only great RB left is sitting right there in their hands and they take a 4th rounder at best!!" Then she heard the audible, "Oh thank God. They finally get one right!" Of course this past year I was going bananas that Wilson was still unpicked through the 4th.
But I am still most famous here for my Derrick Henry rants! Can you imagine having both of those guys!? No one could stop us in the 4th Q. EDIT: Coleman, they took f'n Coleman! And the Ogbah!?? Insanity reined then in the Cleveland draft room.
Um, ya know Ag, if he stays out of trouble, week nine we get this Kareem Hunt feller back. I've heard he's pretty good too.
Um, ya know Ag, if he stays out of trouble, week nine we get this Kareem Hunt feller back. I've heard he's pretty good too.
Wow it's already week 5 time flies I almost forgot about Mr Hunt....... hopefully he comes back rested and with his head screwed on right. Might be a deadly running attack to go with the passing attack. Whoa.
-
Um, ya know Ag, if he stays out of trouble, week nine we get this Kareem Hunt feller back. I've heard he's pretty good too.
Wow it's already week 5 time flies I almost forgot about Mr Hunt....... hopefully he comes back rested and with his head screwed on right. Might be a deadly running attack to go with the passing attack. Whoa.
Wow it's already week 5 time flies I almost forgot about Mr Hunt....... hopefully he comes back rested and with his head screwed on right. Might be a deadly running attack to go with the passing attack. Whoa.
I think Hunt and Chubb in the backfield at the same time has to be a scary thought to defenses.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

