Browns at 49ers - Official MNF thread
-
I don't know why you guys are getting all heated up and bent out of shape. I'm just telling you guys how your team's viewed by the rest of the league. As long as most people alive can remember, the Browns have been non-contenders..the current ones and the ones that moved here. Well, the ones that moved here UNTIL they moved here. Because as we all know, once they moved to Baltimore, it didn't take long for them to become a real team. Then once you guys got your beloved Browns back, the team started where they left off, and had the rest of the league laughing at them again. Since then, what'd you guys have, 2 winning seasons? TWO, in 20 years. And I'm not saying the Ravens don't have their own problems this year...we recognize that we do. But they are correctable problems. Cleveland's problems are that they are just a loser franchise, and that's much harder to correct. One thing is for sure when it comes to the two teams: Baltimore's franchise, the entire organization all the way down to the players, are well respected around the league...the Cleveland Browns are not. Your team is viewed as one big disaster after another. Sorry you fans can't handle that, but it's the truth. And it will take a ton more than one good game to change anybody's opinion of that. I mean, look what they did the very next week, right after a game you guys were riding high on for about 5 minutes...they fuckin lay an egg. I mean, not just got beat, but got their asses handed to them. Mayfield actually lost points in fantasy...I don't know if that's ever happened before. But that is the epitome of the Cleveland Browns. That's what you guys are.
I don't know why you guys are getting all heated up and bent out of shape. I'm just telling you guys how your team's viewed by the rest of the league. As long as most people alive can remember, the Browns have been non-contenders..the current ones and the ones that moved here. Well, the ones that moved here UNTIL they moved here.
Cleveland's problems are that they are just a loser franchise, and that's much harder to correct. One thing is for sure when it comes to the two teams: Baltimore's franchise, the entire organization all the way down to the players, are well respected around the league...the Cleveland Browns are not.
Once upon a time, I felt really bad for the city/loyal fan base of Baltimore when they lost the Colts to Indy. I thought the owner was an epic scum bag to do that to you guys. When the very next owner wired exactly like Irsay does the same thing moving his franchise from Cleveland to Baltimore - he's your hero?
BTW, the Browns were 11-5 and beat the NE Patriots in a Wild Card Game just 1 season before Modell sold his soul. Modell being Modell, didn't think Belichick was a good enough Head Coach to keep. Just out of curiosity, what NFL Head Coach has the best record and most Superbowl Championships in the last 20 years? I'll give you a hint: he's not coaching in Baltimore...
In their first 10 years of existence, the Cleveland Browns participated in every Pro Football Championship Game possible (winning 7 Pro Football Championships with 3 of those in the NFL). The Cleveland Browns only won 1 NFL Championship when Modell was here which increased their overall sum of Pro Football Championship Trophies to 8 up against 2 Superbowl Trophies for the Baltimore Ravens. What storied franchise would you rather be? I'll take the 8 Pro Football Championships...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login