Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Shakegate

Shakegate

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
109 Posts 31 Posters 4.1k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 5k Posts
    • 1k Reputation
    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/08/richard-sherman-annoyed-at-baker-mayfields-handshake-snub/

    To date, every team we've faced has had players come out and say they've been motivated by:

    1) the hype of this squad (not really anyone's fault, but still)

    and much more importantly

    2) Baker talking shit or doing shit like this

    I'm not comparing them on the field, but this sort of thing is quickly turning Johnny-esque. I get that this stuff "motivates" Mayfield, but if you act like you gotta back it up. Bosa embarrassed Baker (and by extension, the Browns) in his post game comments as well (also completely accurate).

    The problem is, who is the dude to get into his face about it? We all know buddy Kitchens ain't the dude. I just hope someone does-to give any team an "edge" to play with in football is just plain dumb, especially when you're playing poorly. 

    B 1 Reply Last reply
    👍
    Quote Reply
    • Babernakle B
      • 393 Posts
      • 45 Reputation
      B Babernakle wrote on last edited by
      #2

      That game was lost on purpose.  Don’t know why but the browns played at half speed last night.  Beckham dropped what 4 balls.  They looked like they didn’t want to be there or they where being told what to do.  San Fran is not a great team.  # Kylehasbeenonhisknees

      IbleedbrownI I 2 Replies Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Ibleedbrown IbleedbrownI Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 5k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I count myself among those that are weary of this shit. I look forward to the evolution of Baker Mayfield and him finding more adult ways to show someone up and inspire himself and his team. 

        The guy could conceivably play into his 30s, and l get the “Baker gotta be Baker” stuff, and even found this sort of thing refreshing for a time. But we all evolve. We have to. What worked a few years ago may not work today, and this kind of thing doesn’t seem to be working now.

        1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • B Babernakle

          That game was lost on purpose.  Don’t know why but the browns played at half speed last night.  Beckham dropped what 4 balls.  They looked like they didn’t want to be there or they where being told what to do.  San Fran is not a great team.  # Kylehasbeenonhisknees

          Ibleedbrown IbleedbrownI Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 5k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @babernakle said:

          That game was lost on purpose.  Don’t know why but the browns played at half speed last night.  Beckham dropped what 4 balls.  They looked like they didn’t want to be there or they where being told what to do.  San Fran is not a great team.  # Kylehasbeenonhisknees

          You get my vote for jivest comment of the day so far. But it’s early and a long day ahead. I mean, are we really talking “Brown Sox scandal” here? 

          You also get my vote for most bizarre hashtag reference l’ve seen in a while. What does that even mean? 

          B 1 Reply Last reply
          😂
          Quote Reply
          • hx214 hx214H One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 1k Posts
            • 474 Reputation
            hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Ya.... Sherman complaining about the way someone else acts..... I'll move along now.

            jrb12711J F hx214H 3 Replies Last reply
            👍 😂
            Quote Reply
            • Kvoethe KvoetheK Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 3k Posts
              • 924 Reputation
              KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Bosa's comments after the game...wow...in bakers head.  Brutal.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • 7moses7 7 Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 1k Posts
                • 248 Reputation
                7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Baker Mayfield ???????????????????????????????????????????

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • hx214H hx214

                  Ya.... Sherman complaining about the way someone else acts..... I'll move along now.

                  jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 5k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @hx214 said:

                  Ya.... Sherman complaining about the way someone else acts..... I'll move along now.

                  Go into more detail about one thing he said that isn't pretty on the nose. I'll wait. I don't disagree (generally) but this time dude is 100% spot on.

                  @kvoethe said:

                  Bosa's comments after the game...wow...in bakers head.  Brutal.

                  Nothing short of embarrassing for him and the team really. I really, really hope that humbles him a bit, but I'm not optimistic. 

                  hx214H IbleedbrownI 2 Replies Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • hx214H hx214

                    Ya.... Sherman complaining about the way someone else acts..... I'll move along now.

                    Furious Styles F
                    • 456 Posts
                    • 65 Reputation
                    F Furious Styles wrote on last edited by Furious Styles
                    #9

                    @hx214 said:

                    Ya.... Sherman complaining about the way someone else acts..... I'll move along now.

                    Curious as to what you disagree with in these particular Sherman comments ?

                    https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/richard-sherman-rips-baker-mayfield-after-pre-game-handshake-snub/1w9ji6myx5e8s1o5xb1sqn7q9j

                    Defenders can absolutely be motivated to a higher sense of aggression and Baker seems to bring that out of these men. This ain't vs TCU anymore.

                    hx214H 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • MDDawg M Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 860 Posts
                      • 351 Reputation
                      M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Baker's our QB but he's an *ss. Friend of mine was a guest of Ogunjobi at last season' KC game, asked Baker to sign a jersey for me and flat out refused to sign it or be pleasant about it.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • jrb12711J jrb12711

                        @hx214 said:

                        Ya.... Sherman complaining about the way someone else acts..... I'll move along now.

                        Go into more detail about one thing he said that isn't pretty on the nose. I'll wait. I don't disagree (generally) but this time dude is 100% spot on.

                        @kvoethe said:

                        Bosa's comments after the game...wow...in bakers head.  Brutal.

                        Nothing short of embarrassing for him and the team really. I really, really hope that humbles him a bit, but I'm not optimistic. 

                        hx214 hx214H One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 1k Posts
                        • 474 Reputation
                        hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by hx214
                        #11

                        @jrb12711 said:

                        Go into more detail about one thing he said that isn't pretty on the nose. I'll wait. I don't disagree (generally) but this time dude is 100% spot on.

                        Nothing short of embarrassing for him and the team really. I really, really hope that humbles him a bit, but I'm not optimistic. 

                        Type "Richard Sherman is an" into google and the first thing that pops up from the computer is "asshole" Feel free to click on any of the links presented to you and you'll have reading material for days.  He literally has nothing to say about anybody for doing anything the rest of his career that I'd even stop to listen to. 

                        jrb12711J 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • F Furious Styles

                          @hx214 said:

                          Ya.... Sherman complaining about the way someone else acts..... I'll move along now.

                          Curious as to what you disagree with in these particular Sherman comments ?

                          https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/richard-sherman-rips-baker-mayfield-after-pre-game-handshake-snub/1w9ji6myx5e8s1o5xb1sqn7q9j

                          Defenders can absolutely be motivated to a higher sense of aggression and Baker seems to bring that out of these men. This ain't vs TCU anymore.

                          hx214 hx214H One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 1k Posts
                          • 474 Reputation
                          hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by hx214
                          #12

                          @furious-styles said:

                          Curious as to what you disagree with in these particular Sherman comments ?

                          https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/richard-sherman-rips-baker-mayfield-after-pre-game-handshake-snub/1w9ji6myx5e8s1o5xb1sqn7q9j

                          Defenders can absolutely be motivated to a higher sense of aggression and Baker seems to bring that out of these men. This ain't vs TCU anymore.

                          Nah. That dude was the biggest piece of crap when he played for the Seahawks.  He literally has nothing to say about anybody for doing anything the rest of his career that I'd even stop to listen to, click on and read, etc.

                          F 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • hx214H hx214

                            @furious-styles said:

                            Curious as to what you disagree with in these particular Sherman comments ?

                            https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/richard-sherman-rips-baker-mayfield-after-pre-game-handshake-snub/1w9ji6myx5e8s1o5xb1sqn7q9j

                            Defenders can absolutely be motivated to a higher sense of aggression and Baker seems to bring that out of these men. This ain't vs TCU anymore.

                            Nah. That dude was the biggest piece of crap when he played for the Seahawks.  He literally has nothing to say about anybody for doing anything the rest of his career that I'd even stop to listen to, click on and read, etc.

                            Furious Styles F
                            • 456 Posts
                            • 65 Reputation
                            F Furious Styles wrote on last edited by Furious Styles
                            #13

                            @hx214 said:

                            Nah. That dude was the biggest piece of crap when he played for the Seahawks.  He literally has nothing to say about anybody for doing anything the rest of his career that I'd even stop to listen to, click on and read, etc.

                            Ok. I get it. Don't let specifics get in the way of a narrative. There's some truth to the statement that defenders appear to want to and are extra motivated to humble Baker. Sometimes you have to put the pom poms down and see whats really happening.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • hx214H hx214

                              @jrb12711 said:

                              Go into more detail about one thing he said that isn't pretty on the nose. I'll wait. I don't disagree (generally) but this time dude is 100% spot on.

                              Nothing short of embarrassing for him and the team really. I really, really hope that humbles him a bit, but I'm not optimistic. 

                              Type "Richard Sherman is an" into google and the first thing that pops up from the computer is "asshole" Feel free to click on any of the links presented to you and you'll have reading material for days.  He literally has nothing to say about anybody for doing anything the rest of his career that I'd even stop to listen to. 

                              jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 5k Posts
                              • 1k Reputation
                              jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @hx214 said:

                              Type "Richard Sherman is an" into google and the first thing that pops up from the computer is "asshole" Feel free to click on any of the links presented to you and you'll have reading material for days.  He literally has nothing to say about anybody for doing anything the rest of his career that I'd even stop to listen to. 

                              Yes, I do indeed follow the NFL so I don't need to do that. You're being short-sighted though to not read what he said and digest he's really spot on where #6 is right now though.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • jrb12711J jrb12711

                                @hx214 said:

                                Ya.... Sherman complaining about the way someone else acts..... I'll move along now.

                                Go into more detail about one thing he said that isn't pretty on the nose. I'll wait. I don't disagree (generally) but this time dude is 100% spot on.

                                @kvoethe said:

                                Bosa's comments after the game...wow...in bakers head.  Brutal.

                                Nothing short of embarrassing for him and the team really. I really, really hope that humbles him a bit, but I'm not optimistic. 

                                Ibleedbrown IbleedbrownI Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 5k Posts
                                • 2k Reputation
                                IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @jrb12711 said:

                                Nothing short of embarrassing for him and the team really. I really, really hope that humbles him a bit, but I'm not optimistic. 

                                I’m optimistic. Baker has been adapting most of his adult life. He really has no choice in the matter, unless he wants to stop playing professional football. 

                                I kinda think Baker’s at an impasse. The whole newlywed, insurance commercial, stardom galore wildness and its weights. It’s heavy, and a pretty clear acknowledgement of success for a guy who has a reputation for fueling himself with perceived slights. 

                                I think he’ll figure it out.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Ibleedbrown IbleedbrownI Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 5k Posts
                                  • 2k Reputation
                                  IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @raven5220 said:

                                  It won't, because he sucks...but your Browns have always had overrated players.  You should be used to this by now. 

                                  You’re mama’s a man

                                  R 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown

                                    @raven5220 said:

                                    It won't, because he sucks...but your Browns have always had overrated players.  You should be used to this by now. 

                                    You’re mama’s a man

                                    Raven5220 R Banned
                                    • 29 Posts
                                    • 7 Reputation
                                    R Raven5220 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @ibleedbrown said:

                                    You’re mama’s a man

                                    good one!!!

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 2k Posts
                                      • 390 Reputation
                                      CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      He shook hands, there are videos of it.

                                      Now Sherman is saying it was how Mayfield didn’t hang out and interact after shaking hands. Time to move on..

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 11k Posts
                                        • 4k Reputation
                                        gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                             think the shake & ?'s tell the story...F'k Mike Silver

                                        Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                                        PoeticGP 1 Reply Last reply
                                        😂
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • jrb12711J jrb12711

                                          https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/08/richard-sherman-annoyed-at-baker-mayfields-handshake-snub/

                                          To date, every team we've faced has had players come out and say they've been motivated by:

                                          1) the hype of this squad (not really anyone's fault, but still)

                                          and much more importantly

                                          2) Baker talking shit or doing shit like this

                                          I'm not comparing them on the field, but this sort of thing is quickly turning Johnny-esque. I get that this stuff "motivates" Mayfield, but if you act like you gotta back it up. Bosa embarrassed Baker (and by extension, the Browns) in his post game comments as well (also completely accurate).

                                          The problem is, who is the dude to get into his face about it? We all know buddy Kitchens ain't the dude. I just hope someone does-to give any team an "edge" to play with in football is just plain dumb, especially when you're playing poorly. 

                                          browns52 B Banned One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 1k Posts
                                          • 123 Reputation
                                          B browns52 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @jrb12711 said:

                                          https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/08/richard-sherman-annoyed-at-baker-mayfields-handshake-snub/

                                          To date, every team we've faced has had players come out and say they've been motivated by:

                                          1) the hype of this squad (not really anyone's fault, but still)

                                          and much more importantly

                                          2) Baker talking shit or doing shit like this

                                          I'm not comparing them on the field, but this sort of thing is quickly turning Johnny-esque. I get that this stuff "motivates" Mayfield, but if you act like you gotta back it up. Bosa embarrassed Baker (and by extension, the Browns) in his post game comments as well (also completely accurate).

                                          The problem is, who is the dude to get into his face about it? We all know buddy Kitchens ain't the dude. I just hope someone does-to give any team an "edge" to play with in football is just plain dumb, especially when you're playing poorly. 

                                          our coaching staff looks completly lost....i wouldn't say baker is johnnyesque....yet....at least he studies the playbook...but yeah, i could see all this falling apart....defense really sucks...i know we have some injuries, but they are not on the line...they really suck....db's that are in there now cannot tackle worth a fucking shit....this is the same shit now for 20 yrs on the d.....

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate