Skip to content

Shakegate

The Browns Board
109 31 4.1k 1
  • @gunz41 said:

    Exactly how did you miss the part of "maybe I misunderstood." 

    And again, PLEASE find where I took up for Sherman in the slightest? You won't find it. 

    But go ahead and think that it all would have come to if he didn't tell the reporter (who is ALSO wrong for not checking the story before writing it) and also tell me that this reporter being real close to Hue had NOTHING to do with it 

    Hue Jackson had absolutely NOTHING to do with it. 

    @bjh2130 said:

    Hue Jackson had absolutely NOTHING to do with it. 

    No, maybe you should read. I never said Hue himself had anything to do with it. From what I heard/read, the reporter is close with Hue, so that COULD have been a reason the reporter ran with the story without verifying it.

  • Ya.... Sherman complaining about the way someone else acts..... I'll move along now.

    @hx214 said:

    Ya.... Sherman complaining about the way someone else acts..... I'll move along now.

    I’ll quote myself from the first page of posts before the video came out showing he is a lying piece of shit. 

    What I wrote is all any reporter, columnist, blogger, twitter user needs to write about the guy. He had his day in the sun when he played for Seattle. He looks like the worst CB the 49ers have on the roster. 

    Everybody and their mom wants to write and talk shit about Baker. He could go to church before the game and help clean up with the ball boys after and some Troll like Mary Kay or Rex Ryan would take a shot or ask some loaded question and he would say he doesn’t care what other people think about him and it would snowball out if control. 

    When he wins, everybody loves Bake. When he loses he is an assclown. The guy is a baby faced 24 year old kid that had massive success last year, that everybody hyped up and he’s  trying to lead the second youngest team in the NFL with a rookie head coach. Flame on now, it’s only going to get hotter until after the Pats game. They rip off 4-5 wins in a row playing a bunch of cupcake teams that will have already booked their tickets to Hawaii or Cuba for the offseason and everything will be Sunshine and Butterfly farts again and everybody will say.... “That’s just Baker being Baker”

    Winning changes the narrative. 

  • @bjh2130 said:

    Hue Jackson had absolutely NOTHING to do with it. 

    No, maybe you should read. I never said Hue himself had anything to do with it. From what I heard/read, the reporter is close with Hue, so that COULD have been a reason the reporter ran with the story without verifying it.

    @gunz41 said:

    No, maybe you should read. I never said Hue himself had anything to do with it. From what I heard/read, the reporter is close with Hue, so that COULD have been a reason the reporter ran with the story without verifying it.

    Ok neither hue Jackson nor his relationships had anything to do with this story being published. All you have to do is look around all news stories not just sports. It's all about getting the story out as quickly as possible.  You get a quote that going to get eyeballs you run the story before anyone else breaks it. Not saying its right but its common practice in the media right now with a majority of journalists. So mike Silver's relationship (if he has one I'll just take your word for it) with hue Jackson had nothing to do with him publishing a story.  Baker moves the needle. Look at colin cowherd or rex Ryan. These guys aren't criticizing Baker because they're close to hue. They do it because Baker is a polarizing figure and if they offer a take its going to get eyeballs. 

  • @bjh2130 said:

    He brought it out to the reporter, a flat out lie.  The reporter didn't say "hey did Baker shake your hand?"  He posted photos on his twitter of when the supposed shake was suppose to have happened.  It was all Sherman making it up. 

    If this is proven to be 100% true it will be a big black eye for Sherman and anyone else who is associated with this little"caper".  I guess we all just wait and see.......and hope that is the case.

    Will Mayfield be completely exonerated in this?  Maybe.

    @mjp28 said:

    If this is proven to be 100% true it will be a big black eye for Sherman and anyone else who is associated with this little"caper".  I guess we all just wait and see.......and hope that is the case.

    Will Mayfield be completely exonerated in this?  Maybe.

    Yup, was a blurb on NFL Total Access tonight. Over and done with. Sherman apologized. 

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000001064035/Mayfield-reacts-to-talk-of-Sherman-handshake-snub

  • And I came on here expecting mjp38 to give us a new recipe for a super duper gameday chocolate malt shake. What a downer!!?

  • And I came on here expecting mjp38 to give us a new recipe for a super duper gameday chocolate malt shake. What a downer!!?

    @texasag1969 said:

    And I came on here expecting mjp38 to give us a new recipe for a super duper gameday chocolate malt shake. What a downer!!?

    Hmmmmm, I could probably do that. They have some super high power chocolate protein shakes here but they taste like crap.

    And I'm mjp28, also mjp.38 is my cousin but he's in jail for using his .38.    😆

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And I came on here expecting mjp38 to give us a new recipe for a super duper gameday chocolate malt shake. What a downer!!?

    Hmmmmm, I could probably do that. They have some super high power chocolate protein shakes here but they taste like crap.

    And I'm mjp28, also mjp.38 is my cousin but he's in jail for using his .38.    😆

    @mjp28 said:

    Hmmmmm, I could probably do that. They have some super high power chocolate protein shakes here but they taste like crap.

    And I'm mjp28, also mjp.38 is my cousin but he's in jail for using his .38.    😆

    Guess I should have said mjp.357 then.??

  • @mjp28 said:

    Hmmmmm, I could probably do that. They have some super high power chocolate protein shakes here but they taste like crap.

    And I'm mjp28, also mjp.38 is my cousin but he's in jail for using his .38.    😆

    Guess I should have said mjp.357 then.??

    @texasag1969 said:

    Guess I should have said mjp.357 then.??

    That'll work.  But I do like my old .38 revolver as dependable and reliable as an old dog.   😉

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Guess I should have said mjp.357 then.??

    That'll work.  But I do like my old .38 revolver as dependable and reliable as an old dog.   😉

    @mjp28 said:

    That'll work.  But I do like my old .38 revolver as dependable and reliable as an old dog.   😉

    An old dog for an old dog. Makes sense. I have an old .357 3 screw single action Ruger. A lot more valuable now than when I bought it as a young pup. Can't say the same for the owner however. Where'd I leave those reading glasses dammit??

  • @mjp28 said:

    That'll work.  But I do like my old .38 revolver as dependable and reliable as an old dog.   😉

    An old dog for an old dog. Makes sense. I have an old .357 3 screw single action Ruger. A lot more valuable now than when I bought it as a young pup. Can't say the same for the owner however. Where'd I leave those reading glasses dammit??

    @texasag1969 said:

    An old dog for an old dog. Makes sense. I have an old .357 3 screw single action Ruger. A lot more valuable now than when I bought it as a young pup. Can't say the same for the owner however. Where'd I leave those reading glasses dammit??

    Old .357 prices are insane I only wish I had bought a few .357 Pythons when I had a chance.....back when.

    And speaking of insane and not to stray too far off of the Richard Sherman Insanity stunt of the year, well you know this will be a humourous story for a long time.  😆

  • @texasag1969 said:

    An old dog for an old dog. Makes sense. I have an old .357 3 screw single action Ruger. A lot more valuable now than when I bought it as a young pup. Can't say the same for the owner however. Where'd I leave those reading glasses dammit??

    Old .357 prices are insane I only wish I had bought a few .357 Pythons when I had a chance.....back when.

    And speaking of insane and not to stray too far off of the Richard Sherman Insanity stunt of the year, well you know this will be a humourous story for a long time.  😆

    @mjp28 said:

    Old .357 prices are insane I only wish I had bought a few .357 Pythons when I had a chance.....back when.

    And speaking of insane and not to stray too far off of the Richard Sherman Insanity stunt of the year, well you know this will be a humourous story for a long time.  😆

    Those white guys look all the same to him. Easy mistake.? 

    And before the bigot police try to make something of this, I'm 1/4 Spanish according to DNA results. My people have been here since 1492. ??

  • @gunz41 said:

    No, maybe you should read. I never said Hue himself had anything to do with it. From what I heard/read, the reporter is close with Hue, so that COULD have been a reason the reporter ran with the story without verifying it.

    Ok neither hue Jackson nor his relationships had anything to do with this story being published. All you have to do is look around all news stories not just sports. It's all about getting the story out as quickly as possible.  You get a quote that going to get eyeballs you run the story before anyone else breaks it. Not saying its right but its common practice in the media right now with a majority of journalists. So mike Silver's relationship (if he has one I'll just take your word for it) with hue Jackson had nothing to do with him publishing a story.  Baker moves the needle. Look at colin cowherd or rex Ryan. These guys aren't criticizing Baker because they're close to hue. They do it because Baker is a polarizing figure and if they offer a take its going to get eyeballs. 

    @bjh2130 said:

    Ok neither hue Jackson nor his relationships had anything to do with this story being published. All you have to do is look around all news stories not just sports. It's all about getting the story out as quickly as possible.  You get a quote that going to get eyeballs you run the story before anyone else breaks it. Not saying its right but its common practice in the media right now with a majority of journalists. So mike Silver's relationship (if he has one I'll just take your word for it) with hue Jackson had nothing to do with him publishing a story.  Baker moves the needle. Look at colin cowherd or rex Ryan. These guys aren't criticizing Baker because they're close to hue. They do it because Baker is a polarizing figure and if they offer a take its going to get eyeballs. 

    You obviously aren't getting the point. There are MANY things that are told to reporters that don't come out.

    Case in point Andrew Luck. Everyone was shocked. But Jay Glazer kind of knew before hand.

    Again Richard Sherman was wrong, 100%. But if you think that history/personal relationships/etc couldn't have factored in then I dunno what to tell you. I haven't said that IT WAS the reason, just that it COULD have contributed. I have no reason to go against reporters wanting to get it out quickly, but that doesn't apply here. Silver is the one that Sherman told, so there was nobody to compete with.

    And you using the happens all the time, etc. Yep it does, but there are different sectors who will report things differently because of their relationships, affiliation, etc.

    Again the Hue thing is just what I read. If true, Baker put Hue in a bad situation. As a friend, Silver thought he had ammunition to make Baker look bad. Do you think he would have been as quick to release something negative about Hue (or anyone else he has a relationship with)? Or would Cowherd be quick to release something negative about Sam Darnold? Or how about Rex releasing something about Rob? Or Skip Bayless about anything Cowboys or Tom Brady

  • @texasag1969 said:

    An old dog for an old dog. Makes sense. I have an old .357 3 screw single action Ruger. A lot more valuable now than when I bought it as a young pup. Can't say the same for the owner however. Where'd I leave those reading glasses dammit??

    Old .357 prices are insane I only wish I had bought a few .357 Pythons when I had a chance.....back when.

    And speaking of insane and not to stray too far off of the Richard Sherman Insanity stunt of the year, well you know this will be a humourous story for a long time.  😆

    @mjp28 said:

    Old .357 prices are insane I only wish I had bought a few .357 Pythons when I had a chance.....back when.

    And speaking of insane and not to stray too far off of the Richard Sherman Insanity stunt of the year, well you know this will be a humourous story for a long time.  😆

    Oy!! I just looked  up the price on that 6" blue python I used to own. Guess my brother  made out quite well on that trade. He had a mountain bike  he wasn't  riding, and I was too lazy to clean  the python  after shooting  it. So we swapped. Yup super accurate.  I had a friend  shoot offhand a  4" pattern at 25 yards. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Old .357 prices are insane I only wish I had bought a few .357 Pythons when I had a chance.....back when.

    And speaking of insane and not to stray too far off of the Richard Sherman Insanity stunt of the year, well you know this will be a humourous story for a long time.  😆

    Oy!! I just looked  up the price on that 6" blue python I used to own. Guess my brother  made out quite well on that trade. He had a mountain bike  he wasn't  riding, and I was too lazy to clean  the python  after shooting  it. So we swapped. Yup super accurate.  I had a friend  shoot offhand a  4" pattern at 25 yards. 

    @hoorta said:

    Oy!! I just looked  up the price on that 6" blue python I used to own. Guess my brother  made out quite well on that trade. He had a mountain bike  he wasn't  riding, and I was too lazy to clean  the python  after shooting  it. So we swapped. Yup super accurate.  I had a friend  shoot offhand a  4" pattern at 25 yards. 

    Oh yes!  Back when guns were guns with walnut handles and the whole 9 yards.  Now they're made of plastic and look like a cheap kids toy....... just sayin'.

    (oh what was the going price......if you could find one)

  • Ok I had to take a trip down memory lane on this one:

    What makes this classic revolver the “queen” of a collection?

    • The Colt Python was released in 1955 and is consider by many the best gun made by the company.
    • The revolver was built on the Colt I-frame, also known as the “old .41 frame.”
    • In the Python’s early years it ran a mere $125.
    • Presently, it’s not unusual for the .357 Magnum to demand $3,000 to $4,000.......I've heard some are even more!
    • What makes the Colt Python desirable is its tight tolerances, hand-fitting and hand-polishing.
    • The revolver was produced up to 1996 and by special order until 2005.
    Documented Rare Colt Engineering Archive Python Elite Double Action Revolver with Factory Letter and Box
    Estimate Price: $14,000 - $20,000
  • Here we go back in our league.

    Screenshot_2019-10-10_144207.jpg

  • @hoorta said:

    Oy!! I just looked  up the price on that 6" blue python I used to own. Guess my brother  made out quite well on that trade. He had a mountain bike  he wasn't  riding, and I was too lazy to clean  the python  after shooting  it. So we swapped. Yup super accurate.  I had a friend  shoot offhand a  4" pattern at 25 yards. 

    Oh yes!  Back when guns were guns with walnut handles and the whole 9 yards.  Now they're made of plastic and look like a cheap kids toy....... just sayin'.

    (oh what was the going price......if you could find one)

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh yes!  Back when guns were guns with walnut handles and the whole 9 yards.  Now they're made of plastic and look like a cheap kids toy....... just sayin'.

    (oh what was the going price......if you could find one)

    Don't remember, but I think I paid around $300 for it from a gun dealer second hand- like new. Previously owned by a Dayton police officer who had slicked up the action. Talk about a hair trigger when you cocked it. Only added the red ramp sights, and swapped out the rubber duty handle for walnut.  

    A quick Google showed an identical python offered for $3,200. That mountain bike I got in exchange is still worth around $300 bucks. Oh well, it was a fair trade- at the time. If I only knew....  I'll have to tell my brother to have it insured. He also has possession of my Dad's Model 12 Winchester. Straight production run, but I checked it out, and custom versions are going for the high side of $10,000. I gave up hunting long ago, I'm not going to kill it if I'm not going to eat it. 

  • $3,200 if only we knew!  I had a real gun nut buddy I went to college and worked down the mill with. He offered to sell me all kinds of his extra or unwanted guns,  Colt.357, 22 ga,, .410, all kinds including a beautiful Spanish double barreled 12 ga shotgun......oh my.    🙁

    I also had a friend who collected some Colt Pythons better than money in the bank.

    I could have bought a S&W Model 29 in the wooden show case before Dirty Harry came out for $200, thought it might be hot so I passed.......duh.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Oh yes!  Back when guns were guns with walnut handles and the whole 9 yards.  Now they're made of plastic and look like a cheap kids toy....... just sayin'.

    (oh what was the going price......if you could find one)

    Don't remember, but I think I paid around $300 for it from a gun dealer second hand- like new. Previously owned by a Dayton police officer who had slicked up the action. Talk about a hair trigger when you cocked it. Only added the red ramp sights, and swapped out the rubber duty handle for walnut.  

    A quick Google showed an identical python offered for $3,200. That mountain bike I got in exchange is still worth around $300 bucks. Oh well, it was a fair trade- at the time. If I only knew....  I'll have to tell my brother to have it insured. He also has possession of my Dad's Model 12 Winchester. Straight production run, but I checked it out, and custom versions are going for the high side of $10,000. I gave up hunting long ago, I'm not going to kill it if I'm not going to eat it. 

    @hoorta said:

    Don't remember, but I think I paid around $300 for it from a gun dealer second hand- like new. Previously owned by a Dayton police officer who had slicked up the action. Talk about a hair trigger when you cocked it. Only added the red ramp sights, and swapped out the rubber duty handle for walnut. 

    My Original Ruger .357 has the walnut handles and came with a very minimal pull trigger which makes it a great shooter because every time it fires it's always a surprise. If your trigger finger just itches, it fires. LOL. I also got good advice from an expert who does a lot on youtube. Ruger came out with a free safety transfer bar installment because if you keep a bullet in the chamber under the hammer, a drop could cause firing. He advised me just to keep that chamber empty (which I was already doing), because the 3 screw original Ruger Blackhawk is worth a lot more in original condition. And it is without a doubt the most accurate revolver I have ever fired. Now I have a Ruger .22 pistol with a 4X scope on it that is even more accurate, but it's my "cheater" pistol. LOL!?

  • @hoorta said:

    Don't remember, but I think I paid around $300 for it from a gun dealer second hand- like new. Previously owned by a Dayton police officer who had slicked up the action. Talk about a hair trigger when you cocked it. Only added the red ramp sights, and swapped out the rubber duty handle for walnut. 

    My Original Ruger .357 has the walnut handles and came with a very minimal pull trigger which makes it a great shooter because every time it fires it's always a surprise. If your trigger finger just itches, it fires. LOL. I also got good advice from an expert who does a lot on youtube. Ruger came out with a free safety transfer bar installment because if you keep a bullet in the chamber under the hammer, a drop could cause firing. He advised me just to keep that chamber empty (which I was already doing), because the 3 screw original Ruger Blackhawk is worth a lot more in original condition. And it is without a doubt the most accurate revolver I have ever fired. Now I have a Ruger .22 pistol with a 4X scope on it that is even more accurate, but it's my "cheater" pistol. LOL!?

    @texasag1969 said:

    My Original Ruger .357 has the walnut handles and came with a very minimal pull trigger which makes it a great shooter because every time it fires it's always a surprise. If your trigger finger just itches, it fires. LOL. LOL!?

    Ohhhhhh itchy trigger finger like in the movies can be a dangerous thing.   😮