I think you can Stop saying blaming the refs is an excuse
-
That's exactly what I was saying. Find a way to overcome it, or just get back to being the lovable losers. I'm tired of complaining about the refs, the difficult schedule, the teams that get more rest than us, or whatever excuse of the day we have going.
Just win already. Nothing else matters and I'm tired of hearing excuses.
That's exactly what I was saying. Find a way to overcome it, or just get back to being the lovable losers. I'm tired of complaining about the refs, the difficult schedule, the teams that get more rest than us, or whatever excuse of the day we have going.
Just win already. Nothing else matters and I'm tired of hearing excuses.
But where do you draw the line?? How many is it possible to overcome? At what point is the shit officiating simply too much to defeat? We could play a perfect game and it appears to me they would just make more shit calls to screw us. The calls yesterday weren't questionable, they weren’t a coin toss they were absolutely egregious calls that leave you wondering if they were intentional. Seriously picking just two the Landry TD with the nose of the ball on the goal line in a clear picture and the crackback block where the other player run into Jarvis leading with his shoulder and the penalty called on us were ridiculous.
I think owners and coaches should band together , belly up to pay the fines and start to aggressively call out the bad calls until the NFL fixes the shit show their officiating has become. ALL calls should be watched and immediately overturned by league office in game when its so obvious a review shouldn't have even been necessary.
-
I just watched the entire game and I see what you mean, but we still lost the game. We had so many chances, man. So yes, while the officiating was abysmal, we could have still won IF we made the plays. We didn't. We didn't catch the ball too many times. We forced the ball to covered receivers in the end zone that resulted in a pick. We dropped the ball that lead to a pick. We threw the awful pass that resulted in the ball bouncing off Hilliard's hands.
Here's what I want to know. I didn't get a clear replay, but did Metcalf catch that last 3rd and 7 at the end of the game? The ball popped out of his hands and he didn't make a football move or anything. How was it a catch? Was it reviewed? Why didn't our defense stop them when they ran the exact same RPO run every single time?
The funny thing about the game is that it never really felt like we were going to win, ya know? It felt so MUCH like a Hue Jackson game! We fought hard but we simply could NOT make a play when we needed it. We couldn't get pressure on two of their TDs when Wilson sat back there, had some coffee, did some sudoku, and then finally found an open receiver for the score. And what's with the drops? Did I see Calloway clang another one of his hands? OBJ with several more drops? A TE with a terrible botch? And Mack Wilson potentially losing the game by himself by missing a tackle in the backfield with around 6 minutes to go on 2nd and 8? Jesus.
Here's pretty much the best way to describe this team, and it really hurts my heart. Down 4, 3 minutes to go....penalty on 1st down. Then 5 yards. Then pick. This team has no magic. Nobody watching the game EVER felt like we were going to win, ya know? Just like the Rams game. I never expected us to score, and THAT'S how you describe us. The team that can't make it happen when it needs to, and it's just painful and disheartening.
The refs really hurt us, no question, but WE lost the game. We're just not good...yet.
-
Yes baker throw three int’s, yes Chubb fumbled.and there was sloppy play, but and here the but a lot of this stems from the refs and there unprecedented hatred of the browns. And as your reading this your say it’s not the refs, but have your ever really thought about the consequences of their call. One bad call that turns into two not only stops drives but it pisses the players off and yes this shouldn’t bother them but when it happens over and over agin shit adds up and soon it’s what’s on there mind instead of football leading to bad play. As in today’s game the blind side block call stalled there drive that is a fact. Weather they would have scored is anybody’s guess. And we do know that the Seahawks where pretty much gifted a 75 yard drive. And with that comes added plays for you d which makes them tired. But at this point the calls are no longer Subtle. Why iS no one looking into this, or atleast asking the league what the hells going on. This is like the 8th game the refs have had a profound impact on the browns game. It’s my opinion But it’s hard to sustain winning when your not playing with the same rules. I watch other teams and the stuff the browns get flagged for does not happen to other teams
Everyone thinks their team is screwed by the refs, from the Sharon Tigers to the Dallas Cowboys. Listen to Skip Bayless after the Cowboys loose, a team that gets every conceivable break but he rails about every game.
Walsh said to the Montana 9ers that bad calls are just another thing to overcome. Thats all. Kitchen's challenge was idiotic and that can be fixed. He should never have been hired. Emotional overreactions don't win the game.
Everyone thinks their team is screwed by the refs, from the Sharon Tigers to the Dallas Cowboys. Listen to Skip Bayless after the Cowboys loose, a team that gets every conceivable break but he rails about every game.
Walsh said to the Montana 9ers that bad calls are just another thing to overcome. Thats all. Kitchen's challenge was idiotic and that can be fixed. He should never have been hired. Emotional overreactions don't win the game.
Your quoting a coach that had a team loaded with hall of famers and were together for like 10 years and back then there was not all these subjective bullshit penalties the refs could pull out of thin air. This is the nfl and this year finally the browns can say they are as good or close at anyone they play. One call can make or break the game or season ask the saints
-
-
Hate to say it but seems nfl is fixing games anymore!!!! Ever notice refs never call those horrid calls on the patriots?
-
Just stop.
The refs suck. They make bad calls. This is not a conspiracy.
How in the hell do you "fix" a regional or nationally televised football game with cameras on everything?
And who's on this fix payroll? With all of the internet and media scrutiny and leaks everywhere it wouldn't last 10 minutes.
I guess some people just like juicy stories to talk about, ok here's one I heard "professional" wrestling is fixed......oh wait, everyone already knows that.

Hey I heard the moon landing was fake and Bigfoot is real.
.
Next story.
-
-
No one can watch MNF and leave thinking there is some grand NFL conspiracy against the browns lol
-
No one can watch MNF and leave thinking there is some grand NFL conspiracy against the browns lol
No one can watch MNF and leave thinking there is some grand NFL conspiracy against the browns lol
Right! Unless the NFL is fixing games all over just to mess with everyone.

-
Just stop.
The refs suck. They make bad calls. This is not a conspiracy.
Are you denying that conspiracies are a real thing altogether... or just not in the holy NFL?
-
Just stop.
The refs suck. They make bad calls. This is not a conspiracy.
Are you denying that conspiracies are a real thing altogether... or just not in the holy NFL?
-
Just stop.
The refs suck. They make bad calls. This is not a conspiracy.
Are you denying that conspiracies are a real thing altogether... or just not in the holy NFL?
-
My Dad talked about how the refs called a penalty on the 1950 Browns over and over as Otto repeatedly threw TDs. The Eagles were NFL royalty and the Browns were from the merger. The fact that they won the other league every year caused the nfl to believe the league was inferior not that the Browns were superior. Look at the Packer game, same thing.
-
Yeah, total BS for sure. Maybe the Lions get another apology letter...they got screwed vs the Chiefs by officiating a couple weeks ago.
Why is it that Green Bay, Denver, New England and Pittsburgh get "opportune calls" while Cle, Detroit, and Oakland get jobbed every season?
Refs gave GB the game. I'm not a Lions fan but it pissed me off so bad I had trouble getting to sleep.
It's getting old NFL.
-
Although the Browns have gotten more than their fair share of bad calls with terrible officiating I can't believe this is some kind of conspiracy against the Browns. All the teams are getting bad calls. The good teams learn to over come it and the Browns have to do it. It's hard to do. I get as mad as anyone to see the terrible calls the Browns have gotten but the Browns are going to have overcome it and not use it as an excuse for failure.
Although the Browns have gotten more than their fair share of bad calls with terrible officiating I can't believe this is some kind of conspiracy against the Browns. All the teams are getting bad calls. The good teams learn to over come it and the Browns have to do it. It's hard to do. I get as mad as anyone to see the terrible calls the Browns have gotten but the Browns are going to have overcome it and not use it as an excuse for failure.
I tried to convince myself with your logic, well-reasoned writings many many times.
After last seasons hosings in New Orleans and Oakland, and now on Sunday, I am convinced there's a memo signed by Paul Tagliabue in the league office...." Give Cleveland their name and colors, a franchise back, and nothing else until 2059."
-
Although the Browns have gotten more than their fair share of bad calls with terrible officiating I can't believe this is some kind of conspiracy against the Browns. All the teams are getting bad calls. The good teams learn to over come it and the Browns have to do it. It's hard to do. I get as mad as anyone to see the terrible calls the Browns have gotten but the Browns are going to have overcome it and not use it as an excuse for failure.
I tried to convince myself with your logic, well-reasoned writings many many times.
After last seasons hosings in New Orleans and Oakland, and now on Sunday, I am convinced there's a memo signed by Paul Tagliabue in the league office...." Give Cleveland their name and colors, a franchise back, and nothing else until 2059."
I tried to convince myself with your logic, well-reasoned writings many many times.
After last seasons housings in New Orleans and Oakland, and now on Sunday, I am convinced there's a memo signed by Paul Tagliabue in the league office...." Give Cleveland their name and colors, a franchise back, and nothing else until 2059."
LOL. Stay with your logic and reasoning. The reasons for the Browns failures since 99 rest mainly with bad decisions by the Browns organization IMO.
-
-
Just another example of traditional "big time" franchises getting the breaks the others dont. Nothing to see here though, right?
-
Yeah, total BS for sure. Maybe the Lions get another apology letter...they got screwed vs the Chiefs by officiating a couple weeks ago.
Why is it that Green Bay, Denver, New England and Pittsburgh get "opportune calls" while Cle, Detroit, and Oakland get jobbed every season?
Refs gave GB the game. I'm not a Lions fan but it pissed me off so bad I had trouble getting to sleep.
It's getting old NFL.
Yeah, total BS for sure. Maybe the Lions get another apology letter...they got screwed vs the Chiefs by officiating a couple weeks ago.
Why is it that Green Bay, Denver, New England and Pittsburgh get "opportune calls" while Cle, Detroit, and Oakland get jobbed every season?
Refs gave GB the game. I'm not a Lions fan but it pissed me off so bad I had trouble getting to sleep.
It's getting old NFL.
I just wonder. What teams make the NFL the most money? Detroit vs Green Bay?
Maybe those teams that have been to superbowls?
don't know. Just...something isn't right. There has to be some reason Goodhell does not hold his referees accountable.
-
Does anyone have a link to the Landry play that wasn't ruled a touchdown? I can't find a link that shows the different angles, but apparently people say he got in?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login





