I think you can Stop saying blaming the refs is an excuse
-
Hate to say it but seems nfl is fixing games anymore!!!! Ever notice refs never call those horrid calls on the patriots?
-
Just stop.
The refs suck. They make bad calls. This is not a conspiracy.
How in the hell do you "fix" a regional or nationally televised football game with cameras on everything?
And who's on this fix payroll? With all of the internet and media scrutiny and leaks everywhere it wouldn't last 10 minutes.
I guess some people just like juicy stories to talk about, ok here's one I heard "professional" wrestling is fixed......oh wait, everyone already knows that.

Hey I heard the moon landing was fake and Bigfoot is real.
.
Next story.
-
No one can watch MNF and leave thinking there is some grand NFL conspiracy against the browns lol
-
No one can watch MNF and leave thinking there is some grand NFL conspiracy against the browns lol
No one can watch MNF and leave thinking there is some grand NFL conspiracy against the browns lol
Right! Unless the NFL is fixing games all over just to mess with everyone.

-
Just stop.
The refs suck. They make bad calls. This is not a conspiracy.
Are you denying that conspiracies are a real thing altogether... or just not in the holy NFL?
-
Just stop.
The refs suck. They make bad calls. This is not a conspiracy.
Are you denying that conspiracies are a real thing altogether... or just not in the holy NFL?
-
Just stop.
The refs suck. They make bad calls. This is not a conspiracy.
Are you denying that conspiracies are a real thing altogether... or just not in the holy NFL?
-
My Dad talked about how the refs called a penalty on the 1950 Browns over and over as Otto repeatedly threw TDs. The Eagles were NFL royalty and the Browns were from the merger. The fact that they won the other league every year caused the nfl to believe the league was inferior not that the Browns were superior. Look at the Packer game, same thing.
-
Yeah, total BS for sure. Maybe the Lions get another apology letter...they got screwed vs the Chiefs by officiating a couple weeks ago.
Why is it that Green Bay, Denver, New England and Pittsburgh get "opportune calls" while Cle, Detroit, and Oakland get jobbed every season?
Refs gave GB the game. I'm not a Lions fan but it pissed me off so bad I had trouble getting to sleep.
It's getting old NFL.
-
Although the Browns have gotten more than their fair share of bad calls with terrible officiating I can't believe this is some kind of conspiracy against the Browns. All the teams are getting bad calls. The good teams learn to over come it and the Browns have to do it. It's hard to do. I get as mad as anyone to see the terrible calls the Browns have gotten but the Browns are going to have overcome it and not use it as an excuse for failure.
Although the Browns have gotten more than their fair share of bad calls with terrible officiating I can't believe this is some kind of conspiracy against the Browns. All the teams are getting bad calls. The good teams learn to over come it and the Browns have to do it. It's hard to do. I get as mad as anyone to see the terrible calls the Browns have gotten but the Browns are going to have overcome it and not use it as an excuse for failure.
I tried to convince myself with your logic, well-reasoned writings many many times.
After last seasons hosings in New Orleans and Oakland, and now on Sunday, I am convinced there's a memo signed by Paul Tagliabue in the league office...." Give Cleveland their name and colors, a franchise back, and nothing else until 2059."
-
Although the Browns have gotten more than their fair share of bad calls with terrible officiating I can't believe this is some kind of conspiracy against the Browns. All the teams are getting bad calls. The good teams learn to over come it and the Browns have to do it. It's hard to do. I get as mad as anyone to see the terrible calls the Browns have gotten but the Browns are going to have overcome it and not use it as an excuse for failure.
I tried to convince myself with your logic, well-reasoned writings many many times.
After last seasons hosings in New Orleans and Oakland, and now on Sunday, I am convinced there's a memo signed by Paul Tagliabue in the league office...." Give Cleveland their name and colors, a franchise back, and nothing else until 2059."
I tried to convince myself with your logic, well-reasoned writings many many times.
After last seasons housings in New Orleans and Oakland, and now on Sunday, I am convinced there's a memo signed by Paul Tagliabue in the league office...." Give Cleveland their name and colors, a franchise back, and nothing else until 2059."
LOL. Stay with your logic and reasoning. The reasons for the Browns failures since 99 rest mainly with bad decisions by the Browns organization IMO.
-
Just another example of traditional "big time" franchises getting the breaks the others dont. Nothing to see here though, right?
-
Yeah, total BS for sure. Maybe the Lions get another apology letter...they got screwed vs the Chiefs by officiating a couple weeks ago.
Why is it that Green Bay, Denver, New England and Pittsburgh get "opportune calls" while Cle, Detroit, and Oakland get jobbed every season?
Refs gave GB the game. I'm not a Lions fan but it pissed me off so bad I had trouble getting to sleep.
It's getting old NFL.
Yeah, total BS for sure. Maybe the Lions get another apology letter...they got screwed vs the Chiefs by officiating a couple weeks ago.
Why is it that Green Bay, Denver, New England and Pittsburgh get "opportune calls" while Cle, Detroit, and Oakland get jobbed every season?
Refs gave GB the game. I'm not a Lions fan but it pissed me off so bad I had trouble getting to sleep.
It's getting old NFL.
I just wonder. What teams make the NFL the most money? Detroit vs Green Bay?
Maybe those teams that have been to superbowls?
don't know. Just...something isn't right. There has to be some reason Goodhell does not hold his referees accountable.
-
Does anyone have a link to the Landry play that wasn't ruled a touchdown? I can't find a link that shows the different angles, but apparently people say he got in?
-
Yeah, total BS for sure. Maybe the Lions get another apology letter...they got screwed vs the Chiefs by officiating a couple weeks ago.
Why is it that Green Bay, Denver, New England and Pittsburgh get "opportune calls" while Cle, Detroit, and Oakland get jobbed every season?
Refs gave GB the game. I'm not a Lions fan but it pissed me off so bad I had trouble getting to sleep.
It's getting old NFL.
I just wonder. What teams make the NFL the most money? Detroit vs Green Bay?
Maybe those teams that have been to superbowls?
don't know. Just...something isn't right. There has to be some reason Goodhell does not hold his referees accountable.
I just wonder. What teams make the NFL the most money? Detroit vs Green Bay?
Maybe those teams that have been to superbowls?
don't know. Just...something isn't right. There has to be some reason Goodhell does not hold his referees accountable.
Yeah something isn't right. I see players ripping their helmets off all the time, but only once it was penalized (Browns).
1-800-HELP-USS
-
I just wonder. What teams make the NFL the most money? Detroit vs Green Bay?
Maybe those teams that have been to superbowls?
don't know. Just...something isn't right. There has to be some reason Goodhell does not hold his referees accountable.
Yeah something isn't right. I see players ripping their helmets off all the time, but only once it was penalized (Browns).
1-800-HELP-USS
Yeah something isn't right. I see players ripping their helmets off all the time, but only once it was penalized (Browns).
1-800-HELP-USS
My theory is that refs are trained outside the guise of how it should to be look for certain things for certain teams/players more closely. For an easy example, the refs definitely look at Burifct hits under a microscope based on his past behavior. I strongly believe they are "encouraged" to look for ticky tack calls against the NFL darlings to save them from injury (Tom Brady, cough). Essentially, because the teams like the Browns are "bad", they are more likely to commit penalties so they look at that team closely.
Further, in the NFL specifically I think referees just hold bias against certain franchises and players. In every other sport by in large can mitigate this because of how games happen in the schedule. The problem is that Goddell won't hold them accountable, it's going to take the owners pushing on him to do so. I really, really hope if this crap continues that they do.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login





