Negativity
-
I more than anyone believe the refs or nfl execs have it out for the browns, but dam fellas the negativity is bad. I can tell you this the boys played really well this week. The line is playing great and getting better every week. Chubb is a stud and hunt is on the way. Obj and baker looked a little bit more gelled and seals jones has played better the njoku. They are close very close. And the horrible calls didn’t help and are hard to overcome especially the ones that kept Seattle on the field. But look out when they play a clean game someone’s ass is getting whooped and I have a feeling it’s the pats. Cleveland 38 pats 17
....... Cleveland 38 pats 17
It almost started to make sense, but lost all credibility right there.?
-
....... Cleveland 38 pats 17
It almost started to make sense, but lost all credibility right there.?
It almost started to make sense, but lost all credibility right there.?
Ya never know, any given Sunday
-
It almost started to make sense, but lost all credibility right there.?
Ya never know, any given Sunday
-
Defense will need to swarm the ball better and stop having guys take themselves out of the play via bad positioning. Hopefully the starting corners are back.
Offense will likely have Higgins back and hopefully Coach Freddy realizes not to give the ball to Brady with 2 minutes or less thinking our defense will forcibly stop him....
-
I haven't given up on Kitchens and I think he will grow into a better coach with time. He has the team competitive with some of the best teams in the NFL but he hasn't gotten over the hump with finding ways to win winnable games. Some of it is out of his hands such as players dropping passes, fumbles, TERRIBLE officiating etc...and that is exactly what this team needs to learn. Overcoming adversity. Part of the problem is also at times the play calling and bad clock management and those are the things he can control. I was disappointed Greg Williams was not named HC this year. I thought he earned it with taking over the team last season and the improvement the team showed after he took the reigns. That is water under the bridge now. With some breaks the team would not be 2-4 but 4-2. My hope is the team learns to overcome the adversity and not use bad officiating as an excuse for failure. All the NFL teams are dealing with bad officiating and although some teams seem to get bad officiating more than others I cannot believe there is any kind of conspiracy by the refs going on.
Maybe lightning will strike in a bottle and the Browns beat the Patriots after the bye week. The odds are highly against it but I don't put it out of the realm of possibility if this team plays according to it's potential. They have enough talent. Wouldn't that turn things around ASAP?
-
....... Cleveland 38 pats 17
It almost started to make sense, but lost all credibility right there.?
It almost started to make sense, but lost all credibility right there.?
I'm sure he meant Patriots 38 Browns 17.
-BUT- we're the Cleveland Browns dammit and we go our own way! BROWNS by a safety!
-
I haven't given up on Kitchens and I think he will grow into a better coach with time. He has the team competitive with some of the best teams in the NFL but he hasn't gotten over the hump with finding ways to win winnable games. Some of it is out of his hands such as players dropping passes, fumbles, TERRIBLE officiating etc...and that is exactly what this team needs to learn. Overcoming adversity. Part of the problem is also at times the play calling and bad clock management and those are the things he can control. I was disappointed Greg Williams was not named HC this year. I thought he earned it with taking over the team last season and the improvement the team showed after he took the reigns. That is water under the bridge now. With some breaks the team would not be 2-4 but 4-2. My hope is the team learns to overcome the adversity and not use bad officiating as an excuse for failure. All the NFL teams are dealing with bad officiating and although some teams seem to get bad officiating more than others I cannot believe there is any kind of conspiracy by the refs going on.
Maybe lightning will strike in a bottle and the Browns beat the Patriots after the bye week. The odds are highly against it but I don't put it out of the realm of possibility if this team plays according to it's potential. They have enough talent. Wouldn't that turn things around ASAP?
My hope is the team learns to overcome the adversity and not use bad officiating as an excuse for failure. All the NFL teams are dealing with bad officiating and although some teams seem to get bad officiating more than others I cannot believe there is any kind of conspiracy by the refs going on.
Yep, there was a conspiracy of bad calls against the Lions last night. Two hands to the face on crucial downs that were clearly hands to the chestplate. A non-call PI on a 3rd down the idiot Lions coach should have challenged. It was clear there that the Lions receiver had a pull on his upper chest before the ball arrived that made him miss the catch. And a call for illegal hit when it was obvious the Lions DB was trying to catch the ball in front of the receiver who ran into him. Again it should have been challenged, but the Lions just don't get the meaning of that apparently. All those cost them the game in GB.
-
My hope is the team learns to overcome the adversity and not use bad officiating as an excuse for failure. All the NFL teams are dealing with bad officiating and although some teams seem to get bad officiating more than others I cannot believe there is any kind of conspiracy by the refs going on.
Yep, there was a conspiracy of bad calls against the Lions last night. Two hands to the face on crucial downs that were clearly hands to the chestplate. A non-call PI on a 3rd down the idiot Lions coach should have challenged. It was clear there that the Lions receiver had a pull on his upper chest before the ball arrived that made him miss the catch. And a call for illegal hit when it was obvious the Lions DB was trying to catch the ball in front of the receiver who ran into him. Again it should have been challenged, but the Lions just don't get the meaning of that apparently. All those cost them the game in GB.
Yep, there was a conspiracy of bad calls against the Lions last night. Two hands to the face on crucial downs that were clearly hands to the chestplate. A non-call PI on a 3rd down the idiot Lions coach should have challenged. It was clear there that the Lions receiver had a pull on his upper chest before the ball arrived that made him miss the catch. And a call for illegal hit when it was obvious the Lions DB was trying to catch the ball in front of the receiver who ran into him. Again it should have been challenged, but the Lions just don't get the meaning of that apparently. All those cost them the game in GB.
I don't know what the answer is but the NFL has got to clear up all these penalties that are ruining football. From my point of view the simple fix is quit with the ticky tack penalties and only have penalties for the obvious ones...if it is a close call don't throw a flag. Also I think any play should be reviewable and bad calls reversed. No more penalties that aren't reviewable. Make all plays reviewable.
-
How many teams in the NFL can go into Foxborough as the favorite?
-
Hopefully Baker, being the franchise QB he is, can audible from now on.
And waste the clock before giving the ball back to an elite QB.
What’s Freddie gonna do? Fire him?
And yea Lions got robbed on those calls. The PI wouldn’t have been overturned. They haven’t been overturning those soft ones.
-
How many teams in the NFL can go into Foxborough as the favorite?
How many teams in the NFL can go into Foxborough as the favorite?
From Forbes a nice place for unusual sports information. January 2019.
The New England Patriots and the Kansas City Chiefs will play in the AFC Championship on Sunday. The Patriots opened as 3-point underdogs, marking the first time since Sept. 20, 2015, that the Patriots have been installed as underdogs with Tom Brady at quarterback.
According to the BetDSI sportsbook, Brady has been favored in 67 straight starts including the playoffs. The betting-favorite streak has been alive for 174 weeks, or 1,218 days.
New England was an underdog in Week 1 of 2016 when Brady was suspended for the season's first four games. The Patriots won that game, 23-21, as a 9-point underdog at Arizona, with Jimmy Garoppolo making his starting debut at quarterback. So the Patriots had been favored in 52 straight games overall, including the playoffs, until this week.
This is also just the second time since 2007 that New England has been a playoff underdog. The Patriots had been favored in 23 of their last 24 postseason games overall, with their lone underdog role coming in the 2014 AFC Championship; Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos beat the Patriots in that game, 26-16, as 5-point favorites.The over/under in that playoff game was 56.5, the second-highest in Brady’s playoff career until this week. The 2017 Super Bowl between the Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons opened as high as 59 and closed at 57.5—the highest posted total in Super Bowl history. New England rallied for a remarkable 34-28 win in the first-ever Super Bowl to go to overtime.
-
Has nothing to do with Browns and conspiracies.
I think the level of officiating has dropped considerably and the rules are more ambiguous than they have ever been- due mostly because of safety concerns.
Personal fouls in QBs, catches, illegal crack backs, horse collars, PI reviews now it needs to blatant although the rule defines that act of interfering. Holding is called wildly inconsistent within the game. My head is spinning.
What doesn’t help matters - and within our control- we have guys on the field “showing up” the refs and trying to make calls for them. They should shut up and play and Kitchens needs to control that.
-
How many teams in the NFL can go into Foxborough as the favorite?
How many teams in the NFL can go into Foxborough as the favorite?
Right now none. As mjp posted they've been favored in every game Brady has started almost forever. I expect the line on the game will have the Browns as at least +7 dogs.
-
I haven't given up on Kitchens and I think he will grow into a better coach with time. He has the team competitive with some of the best teams in the NFL but he hasn't gotten over the hump with finding ways to win winnable games. Some of it is out of his hands such as players dropping passes, fumbles, TERRIBLE officiating etc...and that is exactly what this team needs to learn. Overcoming adversity. Part of the problem is also at times the play calling and bad clock management and those are the things he can control. I was disappointed Greg Williams was not named HC this year. I thought he earned it with taking over the team last season and the improvement the team showed after he took the reigns. That is water under the bridge now. With some breaks the team would not be 2-4 but 4-2. My hope is the team learns to overcome the adversity and not use bad officiating as an excuse for failure. All the NFL teams are dealing with bad officiating and although some teams seem to get bad officiating more than others I cannot believe there is any kind of conspiracy by the refs going on.
Maybe lightning will strike in a bottle and the Browns beat the Patriots after the bye week. The odds are highly against it but I don't put it out of the realm of possibility if this team plays according to it's potential. They have enough talent. Wouldn't that turn things around ASAP?
I haven't given up on Kitchens and I think he will grow into a better coach with time. He has the team competitive with some of the best teams in the NFL but he hasn't gotten over the hump with finding ways to win winnable games. Some of it is out of his hands such as players dropping passes, fumbles, TERRIBLE officiating etc...and that is exactly what this team needs to learn. Overcoming adversity. Part of the problem is also at times the play calling and bad clock management and those are the things he can control. I was disappointed Greg Williams was not named HC this year. I thought he earned it with taking over the team last season and the improvement the team showed after he took the reigns. That is water under the bridge now. With some breaks the team would not be 2-4 but 4-2. My hope is the team learns to overcome the adversity and not use bad officiating as an excuse for failure. All the NFL teams are dealing with bad officiating and although some teams seem to get bad officiating more than others I cannot believe there is any kind of conspiracy by the refs going on.
Maybe lightning will strike in a bottle and the Browns beat the Patriots after the bye week. The odds are highly against it but I don't put it out of the realm of possibility if this team plays according to it's potential. They have enough talent. Wouldn't that turn things around ASAP?
He already looks like a halloween pumpkin how much more can he grow??
-
I haven't given up on Kitchens and I think he will grow into a better coach with time. He has the team competitive with some of the best teams in the NFL but he hasn't gotten over the hump with finding ways to win winnable games. Some of it is out of his hands such as players dropping passes, fumbles, TERRIBLE officiating etc...and that is exactly what this team needs to learn. Overcoming adversity. Part of the problem is also at times the play calling and bad clock management and those are the things he can control. I was disappointed Greg Williams was not named HC this year. I thought he earned it with taking over the team last season and the improvement the team showed after he took the reigns. That is water under the bridge now. With some breaks the team would not be 2-4 but 4-2. My hope is the team learns to overcome the adversity and not use bad officiating as an excuse for failure. All the NFL teams are dealing with bad officiating and although some teams seem to get bad officiating more than others I cannot believe there is any kind of conspiracy by the refs going on.
Maybe lightning will strike in a bottle and the Browns beat the Patriots after the bye week. The odds are highly against it but I don't put it out of the realm of possibility if this team plays according to it's potential. They have enough talent. Wouldn't that turn things around ASAP?
He already looks like a halloween pumpkin how much more can he grow??
He already looks like a halloween pumpkin how much more can he grow??
I thought we requested you talk about trump on the political board.??
EDIT: I'm sorry some bait is just irresistible.??
-
I know I can be a bit abrasive and negative at times, but there's no denying my feelings for this team. That being said, we turned it over 4 times and had a punt blocked. I don't want to HEAR about us playing well. I don't even want to hear it, not one bit. Yeah, we played BETTER, but then again, that bar wasn't exactly HIGH from last week in San Fran, was it?
You play to win the game. Baker played much better, but the loss is squarely on his shoulders. He NEVER should have thrown that awful ball to Landry in the endzone. He wasn't open, Baker's feet were messed up, and when things aren't going well, the ball isn't finding the turf...it's finding the defender's hands. That one throw was SO TERRIBLE, that it's safe to blame the entire game on him. We lead the league with 3 red zone interceptions. That's loser ball. Yeah, the Chubb fumble was a killer, but it's his ONE fumble in two years. Baker has 11 INT's...what in the actual FREAK man.
Play better for 4 quarters, don't turn it over, and WIN the game. There are no moral victories, not anymore.
-
I know I can be a bit abrasive and negative at times, but there's no denying my feelings for this team. That being said, we turned it over 4 times and had a punt blocked. I don't want to HEAR about us playing well. I don't even want to hear it, not one bit. Yeah, we played BETTER, but then again, that bar wasn't exactly HIGH from last week in San Fran, was it?
You play to win the game. Baker played much better, but the loss is squarely on his shoulders. He NEVER should have thrown that awful ball to Landry in the endzone. He wasn't open, Baker's feet were messed up, and when things aren't going well, the ball isn't finding the turf...it's finding the defender's hands. That one throw was SO TERRIBLE, that it's safe to blame the entire game on him. We lead the league with 3 red zone interceptions. That's loser ball. Yeah, the Chubb fumble was a killer, but it's his ONE fumble in two years. Baker has 11 INT's...what in the actual FREAK man.
Play better for 4 quarters, don't turn it over, and WIN the game. There are no moral victories, not anymore.
I know I can be a bit abrasive and negative at times, but there's no denying my feelings for this team. That being said, we turned it over 4 times and had a punt blocked. I don't want to HEAR about us playing well. I don't even want to hear it, not one bit. Yeah, we played BETTER, but then again, that bar wasn't exactly HIGH from last week in San Fran, was it?
You play to win the game. Baker played much better, but the loss is squarely on his shoulders. He NEVER should have thrown that awful ball to Landry in the endzone. He wasn't open, Baker's feet were messed up, and when things aren't going well, the ball isn't finding the turf...it's finding the defender's hands. That one throw was SO TERRIBLE, that it's safe to blame the entire game on him. We lead the league with 3 red zone interceptions. That's loser ball. Yeah, the Chubb fumble was a killer, but it's his ONE fumble in two years. Baker has 11 INT's...what in the actual FREAK man.
Play better for 4 quarters, don't turn it over, and WIN the game. There are no moral victories, not anymore.
I thought Antonio Cromartie, a very smart NFL veteran retired player, made a great point. He said Baker was forcing the ball to OBJ and Landry - despite them not being open. Something like that. That can be fixed.
I remember Terry Bradshaw saying he played so bad, he nearly got booed out of PIttsburg his first three years. Chuck Noll's first three years - 1-13, 5-9, 6-8. But they kept adding talent, and had the time to gel together, learn what worked, what didn't, etc.
-
I know I can be a bit abrasive and negative at times, but there's no denying my feelings for this team. That being said, we turned it over 4 times and had a punt blocked. I don't want to HEAR about us playing well. I don't even want to hear it, not one bit. Yeah, we played BETTER, but then again, that bar wasn't exactly HIGH from last week in San Fran, was it?
You play to win the game. Baker played much better, but the loss is squarely on his shoulders. He NEVER should have thrown that awful ball to Landry in the endzone. He wasn't open, Baker's feet were messed up, and when things aren't going well, the ball isn't finding the turf...it's finding the defender's hands. That one throw was SO TERRIBLE, that it's safe to blame the entire game on him. We lead the league with 3 red zone interceptions. That's loser ball. Yeah, the Chubb fumble was a killer, but it's his ONE fumble in two years. Baker has 11 INT's...what in the actual FREAK man.
Play better for 4 quarters, don't turn it over, and WIN the game. There are no moral victories, not anymore.
I thought Antonio Cromartie, a very smart NFL veteran retired player, made a great point. He said Baker was forcing the ball to OBJ and Landry - despite them not being open. Something like that. That can be fixed.
I remember Terry Bradshaw saying he played so bad, he nearly got booed out of PIttsburg his first three years. Chuck Noll's first three years - 1-13, 5-9, 6-8. But they kept adding talent, and had the time to gel together, learn what worked, what didn't, etc.
I thought Antonio Cromartie, a very smart NFL veteran retired player, made a great point. He said Baker was forcing the ball to OBJ and Landry - despite them not being open. Something like that. That can be fixed.
I remember Terry Bradshaw saying he played so bad, he nearly got booed out of PIttsburg his first three years. Chuck Noll's first three years - 1-13, 5-9, 6-8. But they kept adding talent, and had the time to gel together, learn what worked, what didn't, etc.
I actually like what you are saying. The funny thing is, Baker WASN'T forcing it to those guys and THAT screwed us. Remember throwing it to Demetrius Harris every time in the red zone when OBJ was open? Yeah, so I guess we can't find the right mix.
Let me tell you a really big secret. Freddie Kitchens is NOT going to be around much longer IF things don't change. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...he's a goner if he can't change his clock management, his personnel groupings, and rectify some of the poor decisions he's making. That complete shit at the end of the first half would've made me think about firing him. That combined with the Rams game snafu, I'd be close to cutting him loose.
For those of you who aren't familiar with the aforementioned "shit" before halftime, allow me to enlighten you very briefly. We had the ball at the Seattle 12 yard line at the 2 minute warning, 1st and 10, up 20 to 12. Yes, your Cleveland Browns were actually UP 20-12 after playing a near flawless first half. Good right? Wrong.
Even armed with the full compliment of 3 timeouts, Freddie elected to run the ball ONCE (a gain of only 2) and then decided to pass the ball. Now, why did he decide to pass the ball when Chubb is obviously our best weapon? Man, I'm so glad you asked! Kitchens said he wanted to save his 3 timeouts so we could score a TD, stop the Seahawks on 3 straight plays, and then go score another TD.
AHAHAHAHA! So let me get this straight. You're 2-3, you just had the best half of football of the entire season, you're in position to go up 23-12 (if not 27-12), and you take this lead into half knowing that Seattle gets the ball at the start of the 2nd half. I'm not kidding, this really happened. In the NFL. Our coach really did this. Like his country ass was playing Madden.
I'm sorry, but that's inexcusable. And just like in Madden, when you do something stupid, the game bites you in the ass. Now, many of you watched the game and already know this, but for those of you who didn't, you now know why I'm beyond furious with our idiot coach.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login