Skip to content

Corbett traded to LA Rams

The Browns Board
37 20 853 2
  • For an undisclosed draft pick. 

  • Bet: a 7th. 

    He didn't win a spot even when we were running thin of Olinemen. That tells you a lot. 

  • Just read that. Think we must get the news quicker this side of the atlantic ?

  • Dorseys drafting hasn’t been as stellar as people like to make out. 

  • Just read that. Think we must get the news quicker this side of the atlantic ?

    @claretbrown said:

    Just read that. Think we must get the news quicker this side of the atlantic ?

    The locals are still at work ?

  • FBB39027-B0B4-4429-8E33-A2A634BB2CFD.png

  • Dorseys drafting hasn’t been as stellar as people like to make out. 

    @londonbrown said:

    Dorseys drafting hasn’t been as stellar as people like to make out. 

    I was just going to post that his 2018 Draft isn't looking as Steelers 1974 Draft-like anymore. 

    (The Steelers drafted like 34 future HOFers that year) 

  • So long Austin, we barely knew ya

  • Ok, Corbett was a miss. I applaud Dorsey for getting SOMETHING for him & admitting he was a "miss" by trading him. Our previous GMs would hang onto mistakes forever rather than admit they were mistakes. I'll live with Dorsey's track record...NOBODY is right all the time.

    Mike

  • Corbett traded to Rams for a 5th rounder in 2021 Draft

  • A 5th rounder in 2021 is like a 7th in 2020 in trading standards, right? 

  • Ok, Corbett was a miss. I applaud Dorsey for getting SOMETHING for him & admitting he was a "miss" by trading him. Our previous GMs would hang onto mistakes forever rather than admit they were mistakes. I'll live with Dorsey's track record...NOBODY is right all the time.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Ok, Corbett was a miss. I applaud Dorsey for getting SOMETHING for him & admitting he was a "miss" by trading him. Our previous GMs would hang onto mistakes forever rather than admit they were mistakes. I'll live with Dorsey's track record...NOBODY is right all the time.

    Mike

    I agree that we should be glad that he didn't keep him around because it was 'his pick', but drafting with the 33rd overall pick (one pick away from being a first rounder) a guy and 6 weeks into his second year trading him after 15 snap counts as a Brown (per Pro Football Reference) while having concerns and injuries in the Oline is a big miss in my opinion. 

    Today is not a day to applaud Dorsey. 

  • A 5th rounder is at best a future Genard Avery.. another guy who has lost PT to some combination of Chad Thomas and UDFA Adarius Taylor. 

    Arguably Higgins, also a 5th-rounder, is in a better position but he was cut before he stuck.

  • A 5th rounder in 2021 is like a 7th in 2020 in trading standards, right? 

    @nero said:

    A 5th rounder in 2021 is like a 7th in 2020 in trading standards, right? 

    I guess that is the old saying... I never understood the thinking behind that though.

    A 5th round pick is a 5th round pick when it is used, one year from now or 40 years from now. 

  • Well, glad to see him gone.......finally.

    I was pushing for him to not make the final roster and was a bit miffed when he did. Hopefully, we didnt cut someone who could have helped(doubt it tho)

    I will say Id MUCH rather get a 5th rounder over cutting a guy.....so theres that.....

  • @nero said:

    A 5th rounder in 2021 is like a 7th in 2020 in trading standards, right? 

    I guess that is the old saying... I never understood the thinking behind that though.

    A 5th round pick is a 5th round pick when it is used, one year from now or 40 years from now. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I guess that is the old saying... I never understood the thinking behind that though.

    A 5th round pick is a 5th round pick when it is used, one year from now or 40 years from now. 

    Well, it makes sense for me. Current money has more value than future money, because it gives you option now. It's like having 1000 in cash instead of 1100 in unpaid bills by your employers. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I guess that is the old saying... I never understood the thinking behind that though.

    A 5th round pick is a 5th round pick when it is used, one year from now or 40 years from now. 

    Well, it makes sense for me. Current money has more value than future money, because it gives you option now. It's like having 1000 in cash instead of 1100 in unpaid bills by your employers. 

    @nero said:

    Well, it makes sense for me. Current money has more value than future money, because it gives you option now. It's like having 1000 in cash instead of 1100 in unpaid bills by your employers. 

    I'm a big picture, long game type of fella....?

  • @nero said:

    Well, it makes sense for me. Current money has more value than future money, because it gives you option now. It's like having 1000 in cash instead of 1100 in unpaid bills by your employers. 

    I'm a big picture, long game type of fella....?

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm a big picture, long game type of fella....?

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm a big picture, long game type of fella....?

    Everyone is like that untill you don't have money to pay your OWN bills and the bank is at the door. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm a big picture, long game type of fella....?

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm a big picture, long game type of fella....?

    Everyone is like that untill you don't have money to pay your OWN bills and the bank is at the door. 

    @nero said:

    Everyone is like that untill you don't have money to pay your OWN bills and the bank is at the door. 

    We Italians are usually the ones showing up at people's door to collect money, though. ?

  • @nero said:

    Everyone is like that untill you don't have money to pay your OWN bills and the bank is at the door. 

    We Italians are usually the ones showing up at people's door to collect money, though. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    We Italians are usually the ones showing up at people's door to collect money, though. ?

    LOL. In some kind of sense, the mob was a bank at certain points in time...