Skip to content

Corbett traded to LA Rams

The Browns Board
37 20 855 2
  • For an undisclosed draft pick. 

    @londonbrown said:

    For an undisclosed draft pick. 

    Amazed we got more than a sack of seeds for him....  It's been noted in the past Dorsey's talent for drafting OL is as bad as it is good at other positions. No one bats 1.000 in the draft, and if you made a mistake, ship it out. Wonder if Dorsey will be working the phones during the bye week to see if there's any OL talent out there that's available at a decent cost.  

    @nero said:

    Bet: a 7th. 

    He didn't win a spot even when we were running thin of Olinemen. That tells you a lot. 

    That we got a 5th is pretty amazing.... I thought the Rams were going to eat a lot of his rookie deal, but not the case.  He only makes a little over $500k this year, and the Rams can tell him adios next year for slightly more than that.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I guess that is the old saying... I never understood the thinking behind that though.

    A 5th round pick is a 5th round pick when it is used, one year from now or 40 years from now. 

    Well, it makes sense for me. Current money has more value than future money, because it gives you option now. It's like having 1000 in cash instead of 1100 in unpaid bills by your employers. 

    @nero said:

    Well, it makes sense for me. Current money has more value than future money, because it gives you option now. It's like having 1000 in cash instead of 1100 in unpaid bills by your employers. 

    Wait, wut? 😉 

  • A 5th rounder in 2021 is like a 7th in 2020 in trading standards, right? 

    @nero said:

    A 5th rounder in 2021 is like a 7th in 2020 in trading standards, right? 

    Actually a 6th in 2020. The value drops by one round per year.  If it were a 5th in 2022 it would be like a 7th this year.

  • @nero said:

    Everyone is like that untill you don't have money to pay your OWN bills and the bank is at the door. 

    We Italians are usually the ones showing up at people's door to collect money, though. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    We Italians are usually the ones showing up at people's door to collect money, though. ?

    Remember.. We Italians don't like any witnesses , let alone Jehovahs witness!

  • Way to go Dorsey.  Also, you really nailed the 3rd round pick with Chad Thomas.  I believe he got his first tackle this year!  Yay!

    At least he drafted Chubb in the second round, so he didn't completely screw up.  And at least we have Duke Johnson to help with...oh...never mind.

  • Way to go Dorsey.  Also, you really nailed the 3rd round pick with Chad Thomas.  I believe he got his first tackle this year!  Yay!

    At least he drafted Chubb in the second round, so he didn't completely screw up.  And at least we have Duke Johnson to help with...oh...never mind.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Way to go Dorsey.  Also, you really nailed the 3rd round pick with Chad Thomas.  I believe he got his first tackle this year!  Yay!

    At least he drafted Chubb in the second round, so he didn't completely screw up.  And at least we have Duke Johnson to help with...oh...never mind.

    We won't miss Duke when Hunt starts to play. 

    EDIT: GB has two very effective backs sharing time in Jones and Williams. there is no reason we can't do the same with Chubb and Hunt.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Way to go Dorsey.  Also, you really nailed the 3rd round pick with Chad Thomas.  I believe he got his first tackle this year!  Yay!

    At least he drafted Chubb in the second round, so he didn't completely screw up.  And at least we have Duke Johnson to help with...oh...never mind.

    We won't miss Duke when Hunt starts to play. 

    EDIT: GB has two very effective backs sharing time in Jones and Williams. there is no reason we can't do the same with Chubb and Hunt.

    @texasag1969 said:

    We won't miss Duke when Hunt starts to play.

    I can't wait!  I think it's safe to say that we needed Duke in our first 8 games, and Hilliard didn't give us what we needed.  Duke was really good in pass protection and a beast catching the rock. 

  • Way to go Dorsey.  Also, you really nailed the 3rd round pick with Chad Thomas.  I believe he got his first tackle this year!  Yay!

    At least he drafted Chubb in the second round, so he didn't completely screw up.  And at least we have Duke Johnson to help with...oh...never mind.

    @jiggins7919 said:

      And at least we have Duke Johnson to help with...oh...never mind.

    I think youve forgotten that Duke was begging to leave.....a distraction to a team getting ready to improve.....he'd probably still be here if not for his whining.....

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I can't wait!  I think it's safe to say that we needed Duke in our first 8 games, and Hilliard didn't give us what we needed.  

    Gotta disagree here too.....Chubb is carrying the load(not Hilliard)....that includes the short passing game.......Chubbs already exceeded his total catches from last season and the main reason is that he's handling the responsibilities that had been Dukes role....

    Right now, Chubb has more catches for more yards than Duke does ...... would you rather sit Chubb to play Duke on passing downs? Cause thats a signal to the other team and, right now, keeping Chubb in makes it harder for them to know whats coming....

    The Duke deal worked out great.....we got 4 good years from him and then traded to get ALLLLLL our money back.....and we do not have his mopey crying a$$ in our locker room anymore(major plus!!)......especially in 2 weeks when Hunt re-enters.....

    Personally, I haven't thought of Duke one time since he's been gone and that, to me, is enough to know that we truly didnt need him and the team is just fine w/o him........

  • @jiggins7919 said:

      And at least we have Duke Johnson to help with...oh...never mind.

    I think youve forgotten that Duke was begging to leave.....a distraction to a team getting ready to improve.....he'd probably still be here if not for his whining.....

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I can't wait!  I think it's safe to say that we needed Duke in our first 8 games, and Hilliard didn't give us what we needed.  

    Gotta disagree here too.....Chubb is carrying the load(not Hilliard)....that includes the short passing game.......Chubbs already exceeded his total catches from last season and the main reason is that he's handling the responsibilities that had been Dukes role....

    Right now, Chubb has more catches for more yards than Duke does ...... would you rather sit Chubb to play Duke on passing downs? Cause thats a signal to the other team and, right now, keeping Chubb in makes it harder for them to know whats coming....

    The Duke deal worked out great.....we got 4 good years from him and then traded to get ALLLLLL our money back.....and we do not have his mopey crying a$$ in our locker room anymore(major plus!!)......especially in 2 weeks when Hunt re-enters.....

    Personally, I haven't thought of Duke one time since he's been gone and that, to me, is enough to know that we truly didnt need him and the team is just fine w/o him........

    @mudfly said:

    Personally, I haven't thought of Duke one time since he's been gone and that, to me, is enough to know that we truly didnt need him and the team is just fine w/o him........

    I respect your opinion... but we're just fine without him?! You haven't thought about him during our red zone struggles or when we're choking on 3rd downs? Man, I've been missing him so much. I realize we under-used him last year, but Duke was a pro in pass protection, he could get open, and he was dependable. I agree with you that we got a very respectable amount of compensation for him, but that doesn't help us right now. We gambled and we lost, I guess it happens. We thought Hilliard could get us to Kareem Hunt and that hasn't worked out. 

  • Duke's doing ok in Houston.     37 rushing attempts, 6.5 yards / carry  and 11 receptions, 9.6 yards per reception.

    Hilliard is a far cry from Duke.  But, it HAD to be.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    We Italians are usually the ones showing up at people's door to collect money, though. ?

    Remember.. We Italians don't like any witnesses , let alone Jehovahs witness!

    @nickers said:

    Remember.. We Italians don't like any witnesses , let alone Jehovahs witness!

    Weirdo witnesses, fo sho.