Skip to content

Browns interest in Skins OT, Trent Williams

The Browns Board
102 32 5.0k 1
  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #80

    I’d go after Jamal Adams before chasing Trent Williams. 

  • skins asking for Ward in exchange

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @lbc-mike said:

    skins asking for Ward in exchange

    Not just ward. Ward and a first rounder

  • @lbc-mike said:

    skins asking for Ward in exchange

    I’m on the fence about Ward long term.  I dont know if we should pay him his next big contract. But that’s crazy- and we can fetch a ton more than 31 year old tackle for a half of a season 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m on the fence about Ward long term.  I dont know if we should pay him his next big contract. But that’s crazy- and we can fetch a ton more than 31 year old tackle for a half of a season 

    I can't remember who said it, but they made a comparison of Ward to ex-Colts safety Bob Sanders. 

    Both helluva good players when on the field, but the problem with both is that they aren't on the field enough. 

  • @lbc-mike said:

    skins asking for Ward in exchange

    Not just ward. Ward and a first rounder

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #83

    @bjh2130 said:

    Not just ward. Ward and a first rounder

    Or They can hold onto him and get a comp pick 3rd round pick in two years.

    the idiot running that organization

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m on the fence about Ward long term.  I dont know if we should pay him his next big contract. But that’s crazy- and we can fetch a ton more than 31 year old tackle for a half of a season 

    I can't remember who said it, but they made a comparison of Ward to ex-Colts safety Bob Sanders. 

    Both helluva good players when on the field, but the problem with both is that they aren't on the field enough. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @dutch-oven said:

    I can't remember who said it, but they made a comparison of Ward to ex-Colts safety Bob Sanders. 

    Both helluva good players when on the field, but the problem with both is that they aren't on the field enough. 

    Exactly you are no good if you can’t suit up.  

    Right now when he plays he does well he had a better rookie year and his compensation isn’t killing our cap space. Makes him a valuable commodity to other teams... But do you pay him over some of our other guys who will attract top dollar in the next couple years??? And He’s probably a hold out candidate going into his final year.

  • @lbc-mike said:

    skins asking for Ward in exchange

    Not just ward. Ward and a first rounder

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @bjh2130 said:

    Not just ward. Ward and a first rounder

    Well, they are fucking idiots.   It is why they border on being the worst run franchise for the last 20 years.  (neck and neck with the Browns for a lot of that)

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #86

    It's official:

    Trent Williams will not be a Cleveland Brown in 2019. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #87

    And it is now 4:05 by the clock on my computer, so that trading deadline has passed, no?

  • And it is now 4:05 by the clock on my computer, so that trading deadline has passed, no?

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @the-gipper said:

    And it is now 4:05 by the clock on my computer, so that trading deadline has passed, no?

    Yep. Sign him this Spring give up nothing 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #89

    Trent Williams has ended his holdout, will report to Redskins. 

  • Trent Williams has ended his holdout, will report to Redskins. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @dutch-oven said:

    Trent Williams has ended his holdout, will report to Redskins. 

    Doesn't mean he still can't be traded.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Trent Williams has ended his holdout, will report to Redskins. 

    Doesn't mean he still can't be traded.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #91

    @tiamat63 said:

    Doesn't mean he still can't be traded.

    I'd like to know how. 

  • M Momszer wrote on last edited by
    #92

    If the trade DEADLINE has passed it sure as hell means he can't be traded this year.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Doesn't mean he still can't be traded.

    I'd like to know how. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @hoorta said:

    I'd like to know how. 

    Forgot it's 4pm and not 5.   My B. 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #94

    Very glad that we still have our #1 pick.

    We're on to Denver with what we've got.

  • Very glad that we still have our #1 pick.

    We're on to Denver with what we've got.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @orion said:

    Very glad that we still have our #1 pick.

    We're on to Denver with what we've got.

    I'd REALLY like to see Greg Robinson back in the lineup, but I'm guessing that's never going to happen.  As I said in another post, McCray was beyond terrible.  He played worse Sunday than Greg has EVER played, and let's just say Greg hasn't exactly been known as "amazing".  I realize Greg is frustrating, and I also realize his penalties seem to come at the WORST times, but I don't understand trying a new guy at LT midway through the dang season.  You want to try a new RG?  Sure, put Tellar in there.  Why did Tellar only play 11 snaps last game?  I have no idea, but you don't switch your LT to a guy who has never played that position in the NFL.  That's what they call "dumb".  

    This game will be all about stopping the running game, NOT turning it over, and tackling well.  Denver is going to try a million of those short passes because they've got a rookie 6th round QB in there, so you can bet he's going to throw a ton of bubble screens, short RB passes, and whatever else is quick to leave his hand.  We'll have to tackle well and also make plays on the ball when they present themselves.  It's time for OUR team to force some silly turnovers and capitalize off them for a change.  

  • @orion said:

    Very glad that we still have our #1 pick.

    We're on to Denver with what we've got.

    I'd REALLY like to see Greg Robinson back in the lineup, but I'm guessing that's never going to happen.  As I said in another post, McCray was beyond terrible.  He played worse Sunday than Greg has EVER played, and let's just say Greg hasn't exactly been known as "amazing".  I realize Greg is frustrating, and I also realize his penalties seem to come at the WORST times, but I don't understand trying a new guy at LT midway through the dang season.  You want to try a new RG?  Sure, put Tellar in there.  Why did Tellar only play 11 snaps last game?  I have no idea, but you don't switch your LT to a guy who has never played that position in the NFL.  That's what they call "dumb".  

    This game will be all about stopping the running game, NOT turning it over, and tackling well.  Denver is going to try a million of those short passes because they've got a rookie 6th round QB in there, so you can bet he's going to throw a ton of bubble screens, short RB passes, and whatever else is quick to leave his hand.  We'll have to tackle well and also make plays on the ball when they present themselves.  It's time for OUR team to force some silly turnovers and capitalize off them for a change.  

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I'd REALLY like to see Greg Robinson back in the lineup, but I'm guessing that's never going to happen.  As I said in another post, McCray was beyond terrible.  He played worse Sunday than Greg has EVER played, and let's just say Greg hasn't exactly been known as "amazing".  I realize Greg is frustrating, and I also realize his penalties seem to come at the WORST times, but I don't understand trying a new guy at LT midway through the dang season.  You want to try a new RG?  Sure, put Tellar in there.  Why did Tellar only play 11 snaps last game?  I have no idea, but you don't switch your LT to a guy who has never played that position in the NFL.  That's what they call "dumb".  

    This game will be all about stopping the running game, NOT turning it over, and tackling well.  Denver is going to try a million of those short passes because they've got a rookie 6th round QB in there, so you can bet he's going to throw a ton of bubble screens, short RB passes, and whatever else is quick to leave his hand.  We'll have to tackle well and also make plays on the ball when they present themselves.  It's time for OUR team to force some silly turnovers and capitalize off them for a change.  

    The organization has decided to put the blame on the offensive struggles on the Oline and not our rookie coach and 2nd year QB. 

    Our QB talked about accountability starts at the HC position and the QB position

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I'd REALLY like to see Greg Robinson back in the lineup, but I'm guessing that's never going to happen.  As I said in another post, McCray was beyond terrible.  He played worse Sunday than Greg has EVER played, and let's just say Greg hasn't exactly been known as "amazing".  I realize Greg is frustrating, and I also realize his penalties seem to come at the WORST times, but I don't understand trying a new guy at LT midway through the dang season.  You want to try a new RG?  Sure, put Tellar in there.  Why did Tellar only play 11 snaps last game?  I have no idea, but you don't switch your LT to a guy who has never played that position in the NFL.  That's what they call "dumb".  

    This game will be all about stopping the running game, NOT turning it over, and tackling well.  Denver is going to try a million of those short passes because they've got a rookie 6th round QB in there, so you can bet he's going to throw a ton of bubble screens, short RB passes, and whatever else is quick to leave his hand.  We'll have to tackle well and also make plays on the ball when they present themselves.  It's time for OUR team to force some silly turnovers and capitalize off them for a change.  

    The organization has decided to put the blame on the offensive struggles on the Oline and not our rookie coach and 2nd year QB. 

    Our QB talked about accountability starts at the HC position and the QB position

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #97

    @sdbacker80 said:

    The organization has decided to put the blame on the offensive struggles on the Oline and not our rookie coach and 2nd year QB. 

    Our QB talked about accountability starts at the HC position and the QB position

    What the organization tried to do is to put  an infusion of talent into an area where the talent level is deficient.  (It just didn't happen)  That is what they should be doing among other things.    Dealing with the issues surrounding the HC and QB are wholly separate matter.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    The organization has decided to put the blame on the offensive struggles on the Oline and not our rookie coach and 2nd year QB. 

    Our QB talked about accountability starts at the HC position and the QB position

    What the organization tried to do is to put  an infusion of talent into an area where the talent level is deficient.  (It just didn't happen)  That is what they should be doing among other things.    Dealing with the issues surrounding the HC and QB are wholly separate matter.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @the-gipper said:

    What the organization tried to do is to put  an infusion of talent into an area where the talent level is deficient.  (It just didn't happen)  That is what they should be doing among other things.    Dealing with the issues surrounding the HC and QB are wholly separate matter.

    And What area is that WR? 

    We have one new offensive lineman.

    one new DT.

    im confused 

  • @the-gipper said:

    What the organization tried to do is to put  an infusion of talent into an area where the talent level is deficient.  (It just didn't happen)  That is what they should be doing among other things.    Dealing with the issues surrounding the HC and QB are wholly separate matter.

    And What area is that WR? 

    We have one new offensive lineman.

    one new DT.

    im confused 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #99

    @sdbacker80 said:

    And What area is that WR? 

    We have one new offensive lineman.

    one new DT.

    im confused 

    OL.....this is a topic about Trent Williams...you know, an OT.  What area did you think we were talking about.  Our OL is talent deficient.   We just could not make that deal to upgrade.