Skip to content

Fan punched Myles Garrett

The Browns Board
22 15 458
  • I'm just glad Myles showed restraint. I have no doubt he could have taken this guy apart. Letting the law handle it is the best route and I hope this guy gets the maximum punishment for it. Is being an idiot a felony or a misdemeanor?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    I'm just glad Myles showed restraint. I have no doubt he could have taken this guy apart. Letting the law handle it is the best route and I hope this guy gets the maximum punishment for it. Is being an idiot a felony or a misdemeanor?

    Felony or misdemeanor? Hmmm I do know one thing for sure the only known cure for stupidity is death.  😆.   (just kidding.....I think)

  • I'm just glad Myles showed restraint. I have no doubt he could have taken this guy apart. Letting the law handle it is the best route and I hope this guy gets the maximum punishment for it. Is being an idiot a felony or a misdemeanor?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    I'm just glad Myles showed restraint. I have no doubt he could have taken this guy apart. Letting the law handle it is the best route and I hope this guy gets the maximum punishment for it. Is being an idiot a felony or a misdemeanor?

    At least in this state unprovoked fists used on an innocent person no longer qualifies as a teenage fistfight when you become an adult. In Texas it's called simple assault and is a Class B Misdemeanor when no weapon is involved. The law is actually very specific when an athlete is the victim.

    From the Article:  "if the offender assaults the victim in retaliation for his performance in the athletic event (as an athlete or sports official), the crime is a Class B misdemeanor."

                                    "Class B misdemeanor – up to 180 days in jail or a fine up to $2000, or both" 

    https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/simple-assault-texas.htm

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #15

    As long as Stipe doesn't punch him,  he'll be ok

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #16

    drugs, mental illness..whatever.

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    I'm just glad Myles showed restraint. I have no doubt he could have taken this guy apart. Letting the law handle it is the best route and I hope this guy gets the maximum punishment for it. Is being an idiot a felony or a misdemeanor?

    At least in this state unprovoked fists used on an innocent person no longer qualifies as a teenage fistfight when you become an adult. In Texas it's called simple assault and is a Class B Misdemeanor when no weapon is involved. The law is actually very specific when an athlete is the victim.

    From the Article:  "if the offender assaults the victim in retaliation for his performance in the athletic event (as an athlete or sports official), the crime is a Class B misdemeanor."

                                    "Class B misdemeanor – up to 180 days in jail or a fine up to $2000, or both" 

    https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/simple-assault-texas.htm

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @texasag1969 said:

    At least in this state unprovoked fists used on an innocent person no longer qualifies as a teenage fistfight when you become an adult. In Texas it's called simple assault and is a Class B Misdemeanor when no weapon is involved. The law is actually very specific when an athlete is the victim.

    From the Article:  "if the offender assaults the victim in retaliation for his performance in the athletic event (as an athlete or sports official), the crime is a Class B misdemeanor."

                                    "Class B misdemeanor – up to 180 days in jail or a fine up to $2000, or both" 

    https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/simple-assault-texas.htm

    Don't know what it is in Ohio Ag, but Some time in the slammer and a hefty fine sound appropriate. Now there wouldn't be some vigilante Browns fans figuring out where the perpetrator lives and paying him a social call? Nah, never happen.  😁 

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #18

    To a degree, I think this person may have hit Myles HOPING for retaliation & some quick lawsuit $$. Wouldn't surprise me a bit except that he chose the wrong guy. Myles Garrett always seems to exercise outstanding self control.

    Mike

  • To a degree, I think this person may have hit Myles HOPING for retaliation & some quick lawsuit $$. Wouldn't surprise me a bit except that he chose the wrong guy. Myles Garrett always seems to exercise outstanding self control.

    Mike

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @canton-mike said:

    To a degree, I think this person may have hit Myles HOPING for retaliation & some quick lawsuit $$. Wouldn't surprise me a bit except that he chose the wrong guy. Myles Garrett always seems to exercise outstanding self control.

    Mike

    As you wrote this Garrett has just been called for another offsides penalty.?

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Here’s a pic of the alleged perpetrator.

    EE3EEF79-1A3A-483F-9F1E-643DE8D8B96C.jpeg

  • @htownbrown said:

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-star-myles-garrett-apparently-got-punched-in-the-face-by-a-fan-after-stopping-to-take-photo/amp/

    24 year old from Strongsville.  Hmmmm.

    Myles was being nice, and a "Fan" in all likelihood being a drunk jackass.  Garrett laughed it off, but nice way for a shithead to ruin it for a lot of other fans...  

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @hoorta said:

    Myles was being nice, and a "Fan" in all likelihood being a drunk jackass.  Garrett laughed it off, but nice way for a shithead to ruin it for a lot of other fans...  

    It actually sounds more like a playful slap, really. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Myles was being nice, and a "Fan" in all likelihood being a drunk jackass.  Garrett laughed it off, but nice way for a shithead to ruin it for a lot of other fans...  

    It actually sounds more like a playful slap, really. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @icecube said:

    It actually sounds more like a playful slap, really. 

    Well as details have come out, it wasn't right after the game. But still, you just don't pull that kind of crap- ever. You thank Myles profusely for the time. And leave with your picture.