This Week in the AFC North
-
Something that I like to look at other people's predictions......
https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/late-for-work-10-18-predictions-for-ravens-vs-seahawks
The Baltimore Sun’s C.J. Doon: “In the Pete Carroll/Russell Wilson era (since 2012), quarterbacks age 25 or younger are just 2-19 in Seattle. 22-year-old Lamar Jackson will keep the Ravens close, but MVP front-runner Russell Wilson should have no problem dicing up a banged-up Ravens defense relying too much on a crop of recently signed veterans.”
CBS Sports’ John Breech: “Although these two teams are similar, the Seahawks do have one big advantage in this game and that's Russell Wilson. … As for Jackson, he's been good this season, but Wilson has been great. Oh, and Wilson's also been great against AFC teams at home. Since his rookie year in 2012, the Seahawks have gone 14-1 against AFC teams at CenturyLink Field, which means I can't pick the AFC team to win here.”
NFL.com’s Gregg Rosenthal: “It is disarming to see a Ravens-Seahawks game as a matchup of top-five offenses and mediocre defenses. Lamar Jackson and Russell Wilson are the top two fantasy quarterbacks in the land, while Marquise Brown – who missed last week’s game but could return from an ankle injury vs. Seattle – and D.K. Metcalf are two of the top three rookie receivers in yardage.”
Sporting News’ Tadd Haislop: “Neither Baltimore nor Seattle is as great defensively as its brand suggests, especially against the pass, so the team that does a better job hiding its weakness will have the edge.”
Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio: “A couple of teams with a reputation for defense have potent offenses. Seattle’s is more potent.”
Thomas’ familiarity with Wilson favors the Ravens.
The Ravens will ride their running game to victory.
NFL Network’s Bucky Brooks: “I’m going to go with the Baltimore Ravens in this one. When you go back and look at the kryptonite that has typically plagued the Seattle Seahawks in their Superman formula, it is all about the run game and teams that are committed to just running it at them. Well that’s how the Baltimore Ravens play. The Baltimore Ravens are going to play smash-mouth, old school ball, and I just don’t know if the Seattle Seahawks can stack up. And [Seahawks Head Coach] Pete Carroll has always had problems with mobile quarterbacks.”
Haislop: “The Ravens, spearheaded by Lamar Jackson and Mark Ingram, are better equipped to keep the ball moving with a balanced attack to offset the brilliance of Russell Wilson.”
Ravens rookie running back Justice Hill will be a factor.
Baltimore Beatdown’s Taylor Ciotola: “This is a player that will force himself onto the field and that will continue Sunday against the Seahawks to keep them on edge. Justice Hill has the potential to be a lead back on this team when the time is right. The role that he plays now,[comma] is perfect for Lamar Jackson’s development and especially significant to get him into a rhythm when needed. Look for Hill to be used more than any other game this season.”
The Ravens will be able to contain the Seahawks’ strong running game.
NFL Spin Zone’s Samuel Teets: “After starting the season with three mediocre performances, [Seattle running back Chris] Carson has caught fire and posted three straight 100-yard rushing games. ...
However, Carson will be facing a challenge against the Baltimore defense. … Considering how good Baltimore has been against the run this year, Carson will have a hard day breaking loose. Seattle may have to rely more on the passing game as a result.” -
What no CLEVELAND and pitt? Oh well football goes on.
I'm taking JAX -3.5 at Cinci. -and-. SEA -3.5 vs the blackbirds.....but I think they might shock the world. The magic number in the AFCN is 3.5 again this week.
And for four how about my infatuation with GB -6 vs Oakland. -and-. Washington (no not the Senators) +10 vs San Francisco.
And yes Mrs Verlander is a squirrel. -but-. she has a nice rack.
-
Only half the teams in the AFCN playing Sunday. Agree with Z: Both Baltimore and the Bengals lose.
Also, I don't know if this will come through.....but speaking of Kate Upton style racks, if you can see this link, this is an actual... unzoomed photo I took while I was gone:
-
-
Only half the teams in the AFCN playing Sunday. Agree with Z: Both Baltimore and the Bengals lose.
Also, I don't know if this will come through.....but speaking of Kate Upton style racks, if you can see this link, this is an actual... unzoomed photo I took while I was gone:
Only half the teams in the AFCN playing Sunday. Agree with Z: Both Baltimore and the Bengals lose.
Also, I don't know if this will come through.....but speaking of Kate Upton style racks, if you can see this link, this is an actual... unzoomed photo I took while I was gone:
Yes, that wildlife can get up close and personal with you. Unusual for a moose to get that close to the road, you usually see them wading around in shallow water browsing. Last time out in Yellowstone we had a buffalo so close to the car Joe could have reached out the window and petted him.
-
Only half the teams in the AFCN playing Sunday. Agree with Z: Both Baltimore and the Bengals lose.
Also, I don't know if this will come through.....but speaking of Kate Upton style racks, if you can see this link, this is an actual... unzoomed photo I took while I was gone:
Yes, that wildlife can get up close and personal with you. Unusual for a moose to get that close to the road, you usually see them wading around in shallow water browsing. Last time out in Yellowstone we had a buffalo so close to the car Joe could have reached out the window and petted him.
Yes, that wildlife can get up close and personal with you. Unusual for a moose to get that close to the road, you usually see them wading around in shallow water browsing. Last time out in Yellowstone we had a buffalo so close to the car Joe could have reached out the window and petted him.
That also happened to me this past week. A buffalo walked right down the middle of the road following the yellow line. I could have practically reached out and touched him. Was not going to take that chance.
-
Yes, that wildlife can get up close and personal with you. Unusual for a moose to get that close to the road, you usually see them wading around in shallow water browsing. Last time out in Yellowstone we had a buffalo so close to the car Joe could have reached out the window and petted him.
That also happened to me this past week. A buffalo walked right down the middle of the road following the yellow line. I could have practically reached out and touched him. Was not going to take that chance.
That also happened to me this past week. A buffalo walked right down the middle of the road following the yellow line. I could have practically reached out and touched him. Was not going to take that chance.
Did you tell the buffalo about the city of Cleveland's 13 pro football championships? ?
-
Only half the teams in the AFCN playing Sunday. Agree with Z: Both Baltimore and the Bengals lose.
Also, I don't know if this will come through.....but speaking of Kate Upton style racks, if you can see this link, this is an actual... unzoomed photo I took while I was gone:
Yes, that wildlife can get up close and personal with you. Unusual for a moose to get that close to the road, you usually see them wading around in shallow water browsing. Last time out in Yellowstone we had a buffalo so close to the car Joe could have reached out the window and petted him.
Yes, that wildlife can get up close and personal with you. Unusual for a moose to get that close to the road, you usually see them wading around in shallow water browsing. Last time out in Yellowstone we had a buffalo so close to the car Joe could have reached out the window and petted him.
This summer I came across a female moose with almost grown calf standing in a trail and beside it where in was boggy. I was around 20 ft. or so and knew not to make any further moves other than looking for the nearest tree I could jump behind to get it between her and me. She paid me no never mind and kept on munching until she moved off with junior far enough for me to proceed. You don't know how really big they are until you get that close.
-
That also happened to me this past week. A buffalo walked right down the middle of the road following the yellow line. I could have practically reached out and touched him. Was not going to take that chance.
Did you tell the buffalo about the city of Cleveland's 13 pro football championships? ?
Did you tell the buffalo about the city of Cleveland's 13 pro football championships? ?
That might have scared him back to Canada.
-
That also happened to me this past week. A buffalo walked right down the middle of the road following the yellow line. I could have practically reached out and touched him. Was not going to take that chance.
Did you tell the buffalo about the city of Cleveland's 13 pro football championships? ?
Did you tell the buffalo about the city of Cleveland's 13 pro football championships? ?
Ididn't have to because he and everyone knows the facts of it.
But he did ask how many championships the city of Buffalo has. Can you tell him?
-
Only half the teams in the AFCN playing Sunday. Agree with Z: Both Baltimore and the Bengals lose.
Also, I don't know if this will come through.....but speaking of Kate Upton style racks, if you can see this link, this is an actual... unzoomed photo I took while I was gone:
Yes, that wildlife can get up close and personal with you. Unusual for a moose to get that close to the road, you usually see them wading around in shallow water browsing. Last time out in Yellowstone we had a buffalo so close to the car Joe could have reached out the window and petted him.
Yes, that wildlife can get up close and personal with you. Unusual for a moose to get that close to the road, you usually see them wading around in shallow water browsing. Last time out in Yellowstone we had a buffalo so close to the car Joe could have reached out the window and petted him.
How close do you want to be? Again, this is an unzoomed photo. This moose was practically on my front bumper. And with that rack he had to be 8 feet tall.

-
Yes, that wildlife can get up close and personal with you. Unusual for a moose to get that close to the road, you usually see them wading around in shallow water browsing. Last time out in Yellowstone we had a buffalo so close to the car Joe could have reached out the window and petted him.
How close do you want to be? Again, this is an unzoomed photo. This moose was practically on my front bumper. And with that rack he had to be 8 feet tall.

-
I think Zombo posted the rack we all want to see...
OK.....but they are both VERY impressive, no?
And besides....those bouncy boobs of hers brought some good luck because now the Astros have made it to the World Series with their beat down of the Yankees last night:

Nevertheless, I would like to see the Washington Nationals take the WS.
-
Yes, that wildlife can get up close and personal with you. Unusual for a moose to get that close to the road, you usually see them wading around in shallow water browsing. Last time out in Yellowstone we had a buffalo so close to the car Joe could have reached out the window and petted him.
How close do you want to be? Again, this is an unzoomed photo. This moose was practically on my front bumper. And with that rack he had to be 8 feet tall.

How close do you want to be? Again, this is an unzoomed photo. This moose was practically on my front bumper. And with that rack he had to be 8 feet tall.

Yeah, moose are big, we saw one with an even bigger rack than that in Alaska.
And my pal who lives up there says they're a major driving hazard in the winter. Ya see, moose don't like wading through deep snow. So, those plowed roads are very convenient. You hit a patch of black ice with one of those guys in front of you, and your car is totaled.
-
That also happened to me this past week. A buffalo walked right down the middle of the road following the yellow line. I could have practically reached out and touched him. Was not going to take that chance.
Did you tell the buffalo about the city of Cleveland's 13 pro football championships? ?
Did you tell the buffalo about the city of Cleveland's 13 pro football championships? ?
You wanna know the quickest way to get a Pats to shut the fuck up? Let them know we won 13 nfl championships.
I wish I were going to the Pats game. Hoping badly we win, but if we lose that's what I would say.
-
Did you tell the buffalo about the city of Cleveland's 13 pro football championships? ?
You wanna know the quickest way to get a Pats to shut the fuck up? Let them know we won 13 nfl championships.
I wish I were going to the Pats game. Hoping badly we win, but if we lose that's what I would say.
You wanna know the quickest way to get a Pats to shut the fuck up? Let them know we won 13 nfl championships.
I wish I were going to the Pats game. Hoping badly we win, but if we lose that's what I would say.
Just for your edification : Browns have won 4 NFL titles, and 4 AAFC titles. Northeast Ohio has also won the following NFL titles: Cleveland Rams 1, Cleveland Bulldogs 1, Canton Bulldogs 2, Akron Pros 1. Those are just the facts. Do with them what you will.
And FYI...."New England" has also won a title that does not belong to the Patriots: The Providence Steamroller also has an NFL title (1928 I believe). And FYI, where the Patriots stadium is: Foxboro, is actually closer to downtown Providence than it is to downtown Boston.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

