Skip to content

And the North is owned by........

The Browns Board
53 24 1.9k 1
  • ...The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right.  But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be. 

    Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change.  But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec. 

    hish747H hish747 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @icecube said:

    ...The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right.  But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be. 

    Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change.  But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec. 

    Your "friends" are right. This game just shows that even a great team can shoot itself in the foot and that Lamar Jackson is a good running back who will likely have a fairly short career.

  • Did you watch that game? Did you see Wilson lop a pick six to Peters like he was playing slow pitch softball? 
     

    The Seattle WR drop a ball out of his hands in the open field with nobody around him, Ravens pick it up for 6...

    Jackson completed 9 passes for 143 yards with no Touchdowns. 

    not sure I’d call that Whooping up on the Seahawks. More like Seattle shitting down their own legs.  
     

    figured that Seattle would play elite against the browns and do that against Baltimore.

    I’m not buying a ticket for the Ravens train. 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @hx214 said:

    Did you watch that game? Did you see Wilson lop a pick six to Peters like he was playing slow pitch softball? 
     

    The Seattle WR drop a ball out of his hands in the open field with nobody around him, Ravens pick it up for 6...

    Jackson completed 9 passes for 143 yards with no Touchdowns. 

    not sure I’d call that Whooping up on the Seahawks. More like Seattle shitting down their own legs.  
     

    figured that Seattle would play elite against the browns and do that against Baltimore.

    I’m not buying a ticket for the Ravens train. 

    It's hard to win, not to mention in Seattle. I saw a lot of Balt. just running the ball down their throats. I'm not saying they are infallible (we saw they were not), but all those claiming they suck will be wrong.  Jackson ain't no joke. 

  • @icecube said:

    ...The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right.  But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be. 

    Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change.  But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec. 

    Your "friends" are right. This game just shows that even a great team can shoot itself in the foot and that Lamar Jackson is a good running back who will likely have a fairly short career.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @hish747 said:

    Your "friends" are right. This game just shows that even a great team can shoot itself in the foot and that Lamar Jackson is a good running back who will likely have a fairly short career.

    It matters not if Jackson has a long career; what matters is this season. He presents risks. And if you sell out at stopping the rush, he can hurt you deep. 

  • F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Most likely not beating the pats next week. Winning 7 of the last 9 games, just no way in H.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #17

    QueenSansa.PNG.png.d4aa39de740615474bf36215665a4ba5.png

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @d-bone said:

    QueenSansa.PNG.png.d4aa39de740615474bf36215665a4ba5.png

    Just when I had forgotten about the awful final season... 

  • lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
    #19

    There is really one way to beat the Ratbirds. Lamar Jackson is a great running back playing qb. His qg rating yesterday was in the 60's....he was under 50% completions.But, it doesn't matter how you move the ball. Winning is the most important stat. He is really RG3, but more elusive. If you can't stop him, you have to beat them in a shoot out. Russel Wilson is just the guy to do that, normally, but he was having a bad day yesterday. Still...the Ratbirds played a very good game, travelling to Seattle. Their defense stepped up when it needed to. Waiting in the wings for Lamar Jackson, is Belichik. If Jackson piles up yards against N.E. then we have to admit he is something special. 

  • ...The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right.  But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be. 

    Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change.  But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @icecube said:

    ...The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right.  But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be. 

    Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change.  But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec. 

    They have the best record....remains to be seen if they have the best team. It helps them that half their wins have been against teams that now stand 0-7,   and it helps when a team that is supposed to be good gift wraps a game to you with turnovers.   That said, the one advantage that the Ratfuckers have on the Browns is their coaching.   John Harbaugh is a proven, SB winning HC.  Freddie is a novice.

  • @tour2ma said:

    1. I honestly think we match up better with them.
    2. They had not yet settled on their identity... especially offensively.

    Well Tour- the Ravens identity is they happen to have a pretty shifty halfback who can occasionally throw passes.

    It's still a legit question, how many teams make the playoffs when your leading rusher is your quarterback? Though so far this year, Lamar has shown remarkable durability and ability to avoid kill shots. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @hoorta said:

    Well Tour- the Ravens identity is they happen to have a pretty shifty halfback who can occasionally throw passes.

    It's still a legit question, how many teams make the playoffs when your leading rusher is your quarterback? Though so far this year, Lamar has shown remarkable durability and ability to avoid kill shots. 

    Operative term:   "So far".

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I feel a sense of resurgence for the concept of “the running quarterback.” For me it started with Michael Vick, and how he was going to dominate the NFL with his arm and his legs.

    But mediocrity and law enforcement pretty much quashed that, and RG3 followed, and Tebow, and others, and none have really flashed that style of dominating play with any degree of consistency. Health always seems to be the limiting factor.

    But Jackson flashing some success. Guy in Buffalo too. 

  • @hish747 said:

    Your "friends" are right. This game just shows that even a great team can shoot itself in the foot and that Lamar Jackson is a good running back who will likely have a fairly short career.

    It matters not if Jackson has a long career; what matters is this season. He presents risks. And if you sell out at stopping the rush, he can hurt you deep. 

    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @icecube said:

    And if you sell out at stopping the rush, he can hurt you deep. 

    He can't do that consistently which is why we beat them. However our run defense has been abysmal since then so unless we improve we'll have difficulty sweeping them.

  • ...The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right.  But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be. 

    Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change.  But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec. 

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @icecube said:

    ...The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right.  But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be. 

    Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change.  But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec. 

    you are one hundred percent correct....i only wish the browns were as physical as them....don't want to play them now...and yes, i think it was an anomaly....our only hope is that jackson gets injured...don't want to wish that on anyone....not a serious injury maybe a hammi or something that will keep him sidelined for a while to see if we can get back in this thing because right now i think jackson is not only pumping up the offense, he's got the whole team quite pumped up...

  • @icecube said:

    ...The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right.  But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be. 

    Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change.  But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec. 

    They have the best record....remains to be seen if they have the best team. It helps them that half their wins have been against teams that now stand 0-7,   and it helps when a team that is supposed to be good gift wraps a game to you with turnovers.   That said, the one advantage that the Ratfuckers have on the Browns is their coaching.   John Harbaugh is a proven, SB winning HC.  Freddie is a novice.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @the-gipper said:

    They have the best record....remains to be seen if they have the best team. It helps them that half their wins have been against teams that now stand 0-7,   and it helps when a team that is supposed to be good gift wraps a game to you with turnovers.   That said, the one advantage that the Ratfuckers have on the Browns is their coaching.   John Harbaugh is a proven, SB winning HC.  Freddie is a novice.

    i agree....you could not say it any better than how ypu put it.....all that hoopla about the browns going to the playoffs and superbowl...well, it is all coming back to what you said and how i saw it before the season started....novice coach....novice qb....but you know gip, we did not have to have a novice coach ...we were on the right track the second half of last yr and in my opinion, we should have built on that...instead it appears we are going backward...not good...

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    how many more games from last season, to this, do DC's need to watch to defend Lamar? Load the box behind the real MVP of the Ravens.. RG Marshall Yanda..I'd swear, 80% of Balt's running game targets behind Yanda..The rest, is winning on the outside edge's to keep Jax contained outside the pocket..For Christ sakes, let the guy beat ya throwing..Mark Andrews just dropped another ball...

  • how many more games from last season, to this, do DC's need to watch to defend Lamar? Load the box behind the real MVP of the Ravens.. RG Marshall Yanda..I'd swear, 80% of Balt's running game targets behind Yanda..The rest, is winning on the outside edge's to keep Jax contained outside the pocket..For Christ sakes, let the guy beat ya throwing..Mark Andrews just dropped another ball...

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @gumby73 said:

    how many more games from last season, to this, do DC's need to watch to defend Lamar? Load the box behind the real MVP of the Ravens.. RG Marshall Yanda..I'd swear, 80% of Balt's running game targets behind Yanda..The rest, is winning on the outside edge's to keep Jax contained outside the pocket..For Christ sakes, let the guy beat ya throwing..Mark Andrews just dropped another ball...

    that yanda guy is a pretty darn good guard.....

  • @icecube said:

    ...The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right.  But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be. 

    Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change.  But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec. 

    Your "friends" are right. This game just shows that even a great team can shoot itself in the foot and that Lamar Jackson is a good running back who will likely have a fairly short career.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @hish747 said:

    Your "friends" are right. This game just shows that even a great team can shoot itself in the foot and that Lamar Jackson is a good running back who will likely have a fairly short career.

    I don't know about a short career for Action Jackson. But that Crow fan trolling about the greatness of the Ravens is off base. Said it elsewhere The Seahawks were -2 in the turnover department against the Ravens- including two defensive touchdowns for the Ratbirds. They were +3 against the Browns. Reverse those numbers, and I'd say it would have been about 48-12 Browns. 

    @browns52 said:

    that yanda guy is a pretty darn good guard.....

    Another guy headed for the HOF when he retires....  

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Not like any of it really matters this year. Whoever comes out of the AFCN is just going to be meat for the grinder for the other AFC teams this year. 

    I view it like I viewed the Indians this season. The “super bowl” is to win the division. Don’t have the experience or guns to compete with the other teams (you could say in football you have a better chance, just because it’s the game of football)

    Even if the Browns get beat out by a game by the Ravens, I’d still rather be in Cleveland’s shoes. 2nd youngest team in the league, with a QB that is actually a QB going forward. 
     

    At this point, just work on getting better every game and beat the team in front of you.

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by SD_Tom
    #30

    Yeah.  Lamar happens to be far better at passing than Baker is this season,  and it's not even debatable 

  • Yeah.  Lamar happens to be far better at passing than Baker is this season,  and it's not even debatable 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @sd_tom said:

    Yeah.  Lamar happens to be far better at passing than Baker is this season,  and it's not even debatable 

    That every other starting qb in the NFL is currently doing better than Baker isn't debatable either. I had to go to page two of the stats to find him when it comes to QBR.  Baker 66, Mariotta 92- and he got benched. 

  • We're falling pretty far back in the division now.  And with a loss to the Pat's staring us in the face...

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #32

    @orion said:

    We're falling pretty far back in the division now.  And with a loss to the Pat's staring us in the face...

    Which is why it's time to begin looking at the Conference as a whole.... and a WC berth...

    • Div winners look like Pats, Chiefs, Ravens. Colts.
    • I can't see Bills continuing their early pace.
    • Texans have a tradition of pissing away playoff spots.
    • Raiders? They're already sellers going into the trade deadline.
    • Jags/Tits? Vert similar teams with QB questions... expect one to contend.
    • Of those below us only the Chargers, who often come alive late, concern me.

    image.thumb.png.c5549ab728815454fa2c3e5dab4ee9be.png