And the North is owned by........
-
There is really one way to beat the Ratbirds. Lamar Jackson is a great running back playing qb. His qg rating yesterday was in the 60's....he was under 50% completions.But, it doesn't matter how you move the ball. Winning is the most important stat. He is really RG3, but more elusive. If you can't stop him, you have to beat them in a shoot out. Russel Wilson is just the guy to do that, normally, but he was having a bad day yesterday. Still...the Ratbirds played a very good game, travelling to Seattle. Their defense stepped up when it needed to. Waiting in the wings for Lamar Jackson, is Belichik. If Jackson piles up yards against N.E. then we have to admit he is something special.
-
...The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right. But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be.
Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change. But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec.
...The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right. But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be.
Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change. But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec.
They have the best record....remains to be seen if they have the best team. It helps them that half their wins have been against teams that now stand 0-7, and it helps when a team that is supposed to be good gift wraps a game to you with turnovers. That said, the one advantage that the Ratfuckers have on the Browns is their coaching. John Harbaugh is a proven, SB winning HC. Freddie is a novice.
-
- I honestly think we match up better with them.
- They had not yet settled on their identity... especially offensively.
Well Tour- the Ravens identity is they happen to have a pretty shifty halfback who can occasionally throw passes.
It's still a legit question, how many teams make the playoffs when your leading rusher is your quarterback? Though so far this year, Lamar has shown remarkable durability and ability to avoid kill shots.
Well Tour- the Ravens identity is they happen to have a pretty shifty halfback who can occasionally throw passes.
It's still a legit question, how many teams make the playoffs when your leading rusher is your quarterback? Though so far this year, Lamar has shown remarkable durability and ability to avoid kill shots.
Operative term: "So far".
-
I feel a sense of resurgence for the concept of “the running quarterback.” For me it started with Michael Vick, and how he was going to dominate the NFL with his arm and his legs.
But mediocrity and law enforcement pretty much quashed that, and RG3 followed, and Tebow, and others, and none have really flashed that style of dominating play with any degree of consistency. Health always seems to be the limiting factor.
But Jackson flashing some success. Guy in Buffalo too.
-
Your "friends" are right. This game just shows that even a great team can shoot itself in the foot and that Lamar Jackson is a good running back who will likely have a fairly short career.
It matters not if Jackson has a long career; what matters is this season. He presents risks. And if you sell out at stopping the rush, he can hurt you deep.
-
...The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right. But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be.
Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change. But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec.
...The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right. But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be.
Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change. But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec.
you are one hundred percent correct....i only wish the browns were as physical as them....don't want to play them now...and yes, i think it was an anomaly....our only hope is that jackson gets injured...don't want to wish that on anyone....not a serious injury maybe a hammi or something that will keep him sidelined for a while to see if we can get back in this thing because right now i think jackson is not only pumping up the offense, he's got the whole team quite pumped up...
-
...The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right. But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be.
Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change. But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec.
They have the best record....remains to be seen if they have the best team. It helps them that half their wins have been against teams that now stand 0-7, and it helps when a team that is supposed to be good gift wraps a game to you with turnovers. That said, the one advantage that the Ratfuckers have on the Browns is their coaching. John Harbaugh is a proven, SB winning HC. Freddie is a novice.
They have the best record....remains to be seen if they have the best team. It helps them that half their wins have been against teams that now stand 0-7, and it helps when a team that is supposed to be good gift wraps a game to you with turnovers. That said, the one advantage that the Ratfuckers have on the Browns is their coaching. John Harbaugh is a proven, SB winning HC. Freddie is a novice.
i agree....you could not say it any better than how ypu put it.....all that hoopla about the browns going to the playoffs and superbowl...well, it is all coming back to what you said and how i saw it before the season started....novice coach....novice qb....but you know gip, we did not have to have a novice coach ...we were on the right track the second half of last yr and in my opinion, we should have built on that...instead it appears we are going backward...not good...
-
how many more games from last season, to this, do DC's need to watch to defend Lamar? Load the box behind the real MVP of the Ravens.. RG Marshall Yanda..I'd swear, 80% of Balt's running game targets behind Yanda..The rest, is winning on the outside edge's to keep Jax contained outside the pocket..For Christ sakes, let the guy beat ya throwing..Mark Andrews just dropped another ball...
-
how many more games from last season, to this, do DC's need to watch to defend Lamar? Load the box behind the real MVP of the Ravens.. RG Marshall Yanda..I'd swear, 80% of Balt's running game targets behind Yanda..The rest, is winning on the outside edge's to keep Jax contained outside the pocket..For Christ sakes, let the guy beat ya throwing..Mark Andrews just dropped another ball...
how many more games from last season, to this, do DC's need to watch to defend Lamar? Load the box behind the real MVP of the Ravens.. RG Marshall Yanda..I'd swear, 80% of Balt's running game targets behind Yanda..The rest, is winning on the outside edge's to keep Jax contained outside the pocket..For Christ sakes, let the guy beat ya throwing..Mark Andrews just dropped another ball...
that yanda guy is a pretty darn good guard.....
-
...The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right. But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be.
Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change. But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec.
Your "friends" are right. This game just shows that even a great team can shoot itself in the foot and that Lamar Jackson is a good running back who will likely have a fairly short career.
Your "friends" are right. This game just shows that even a great team can shoot itself in the foot and that Lamar Jackson is a good running back who will likely have a fairly short career.
I don't know about a short career for Action Jackson. But that Crow fan trolling about the greatness of the Ravens is off base. Said it elsewhere The Seahawks were -2 in the turnover department against the Ravens- including two defensive touchdowns for the Ratbirds. They were +3 against the Browns. Reverse those numbers, and I'd say it would have been about 48-12 Browns.
that yanda guy is a pretty darn good guard.....
Another guy headed for the HOF when he retires....
-
Not like any of it really matters this year. Whoever comes out of the AFCN is just going to be meat for the grinder for the other AFC teams this year.
I view it like I viewed the Indians this season. The “super bowl” is to win the division. Don’t have the experience or guns to compete with the other teams (you could say in football you have a better chance, just because it’s the game of football)
Even if the Browns get beat out by a game by the Ravens, I’d still rather be in Cleveland’s shoes. 2nd youngest team in the league, with a QB that is actually a QB going forward.
At this point, just work on getting better every game and beat the team in front of you.
-
Yeah. Lamar happens to be far better at passing than Baker is this season, and it's not even debatable
Yeah. Lamar happens to be far better at passing than Baker is this season, and it's not even debatable
That every other starting qb in the NFL is currently doing better than Baker isn't debatable either. I had to go to page two of the stats to find him when it comes to QBR. Baker 66, Mariotta 92- and he got benched.
-
We're falling pretty far back in the division now. And with a loss to the Pat's staring us in the face...
We're falling pretty far back in the division now. And with a loss to the Pat's staring us in the face...
Which is why it's time to begin looking at the Conference as a whole.... and a WC berth...
- Div winners look like Pats, Chiefs, Ravens. Colts.
- I can't see Bills continuing their early pace.
- Texans have a tradition of pissing away playoff spots.
- Raiders? They're already sellers going into the trade deadline.
- Jags/Tits? Vert similar teams with QB questions... expect one to contend.
- Of those below us only the Chargers, who often come alive late, concern me.
-
Yeah. Lamar happens to be far better at passing than Baker is this season, and it's not even debatable
That every other starting qb in the NFL is currently doing better than Baker isn't debatable either. I had to go to page two of the stats to find him when it comes to QBR. Baker 66, Mariotta 92- and he got benched.
-
...The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right. But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be.
Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change. But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec.
you are one hundred percent correct....i only wish the browns were as physical as them....don't want to play them now...and yes, i think it was an anomaly....our only hope is that jackson gets injured...don't want to wish that on anyone....not a serious injury maybe a hammi or something that will keep him sidelined for a while to see if we can get back in this thing because right now i think jackson is not only pumping up the offense, he's got the whole team quite pumped up...
you are one hundred percent correct....i only wish the browns were as physical as them....don't want to play them now...and yes, i think it was an anomaly....our only hope is that jackson gets injured...don't want to wish that on anyone....not a serious injury maybe a hammi or something that will keep him sidelined for a while to see if we can get back in this thing because right now i think jackson is not only pumping up the offense, he's got the whole team quite pumped up...
You are correct on all accounts. And Jackson isn't "just a running QB," he is more unique than that. Sure his prime skill is his incredible speed and shiftiness with his rushing, but it goes beyond just being fast. He is a surgeon out there and he is not only the fastest player on the field but his ability to stop and start and dart is extraordinary. And he can hit you deep if you focus too much on stopping the rush. Will such a QB ever win a ring? It's not traditional, but all things evolve. And one of his attributes is his intangibles. like leadership, which players like Mike Vick never had, as well as work ethic, which Vick never had either.
Some may claim I am a Ravens' fan, but I am not. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate and opponent's ability.
-
you are one hundred percent correct....i only wish the browns were as physical as them....don't want to play them now...and yes, i think it was an anomaly....our only hope is that jackson gets injured...don't want to wish that on anyone....not a serious injury maybe a hammi or something that will keep him sidelined for a while to see if we can get back in this thing because right now i think jackson is not only pumping up the offense, he's got the whole team quite pumped up...
You are correct on all accounts. And Jackson isn't "just a running QB," he is more unique than that. Sure his prime skill is his incredible speed and shiftiness with his rushing, but it goes beyond just being fast. He is a surgeon out there and he is not only the fastest player on the field but his ability to stop and start and dart is extraordinary. And he can hit you deep if you focus too much on stopping the rush. Will such a QB ever win a ring? It's not traditional, but all things evolve. And one of his attributes is his intangibles. like leadership, which players like Mike Vick never had, as well as work ethic, which Vick never had either.
Some may claim I am a Ravens' fan, but I am not. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate and opponent's ability.
You are correct on all accounts. And Jackson isn't "just a running QB," he is more unique than that. Sure his prime skill is his incredible speed and shiftiness with his rushing, but it goes beyond just being fast. He is a surgeon out there and he is not only the fastest player on the field but his ability to stop and start and dart is extraordinary. And he can hit you deep if you focus too much on stopping the rush. Will such a QB ever win a ring? It's not traditional, but all things evolve. And one of his attributes is his intangibles. like leadership, which players like Mike Vick never had, as well as work ethic, which Vick never had either.
Some may claim I am a Ravens' fan, but I am not. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate and opponent's ability.
i am a browns fan njumber 1 but also a football fan....love the game....so i give credit where credit is due....after watching the ravens beat seattle, i think our chances for the division are not very good and we better watch out because the steelers are on our heels...as far as the wildcard goes....i think that will be a long shot but we shall see....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
