Skip to content

Jury Duty

Barber Shop Talk
32 6 962
  • @the-gipper said:

    Cal....delete all this idiocy off my thread....

    @texasag1969 said:

    Actually I found it quite enlightening as a juror. I was fortunate in that I had served on a daily screening admissions board to the domiciliary in the VA. I was used to detecting lies vs truth on a several times per morning basis for almost 10 years. Trumpy's got nothin' on some of those pros.?

    Tex brought up his usual stupid slue against Pres Trump. He loves his obaMao and higgardly.

    So, like an entire platoon that had to suffer because one recruit

    keeps screwing up...... I'll delete a few of em, and will delete all of them after he deletes his anti-Trump crap.?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @calfoxwc said:

    Tex brought up his usual stupid slue against Pres Trump. He loves his obaMao and higgardly.

    So, like an entire platoon that had to suffer because one recruit

    keeps screwing up...... I'll delete a few of em, and will delete all of them after he deletes his anti-Trump crap.?

    He made one short reference....one 8 word sentence.  No photos.  I will give you equal time in response thereto:   One 8 word sentence.  No pictures.

    I mean...we do want this to be "fair and balanced"....and that would suffice.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Cal....delete all this idiocy off my thread....

    @texasag1969 said:

    Actually I found it quite enlightening as a juror. I was fortunate in that I had served on a daily screening admissions board to the domiciliary in the VA. I was used to detecting lies vs truth on a several times per morning basis for almost 10 years. Trumpy's got nothin' on some of those pros.?

    Tex brought up his usual stupid slue against Pres Trump. He loves his obaMao and higgardly.

    So, like an entire platoon that had to suffer because one recruit

    keeps screwing up...... I'll delete a few of em, and will delete all of them after he deletes his anti-Trump crap.?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @calfoxwc said:

     I'll delete a few of em, and will delete all of them after he deletes his anti-Trump crap.?

    I changed the trumpy reference. All one word of it.?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #22

    liar liar pants on fire.

    lol

  • liar liar pants on fire.

    lol

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #23

    @calfoxwc said:

    liar liar pants on fire.

    lol

    Change didn't take and I had a football game to attend. Got it this time. And removed my other response.

    BTW it felt like Cleveland out there. Upper 40's with 20-30 mph winds. Left at halftime with my granddaughter. Just too damn cold for us.?️

    EDIT: A this point in life I'd rather be accused of lying than what I really did. I edited it, wrote the other response saying I had and then in my hurry to please 

    wifey to get to the game to see our grandson play in the band, forgot to push "save" in the original edit.   LOL! Does that give me halfheimers when I forget 

    to do half of what you have to do??

    I'll push "save" for this EDIT now (before it kicks in again)? Off to racquetball.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    By the way.....being Thanksgiving week for my jury duty.....what I thought might happen did happen.

    I got the call that said:   Your services will not be needed and your jury duty for this year has been satisfied.    That was no surprise.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #25

    I'm retired, it wouldn't be a big deal I suppose. Would rather squirrel hunt, or garage sale with my Wife with our time.

    or go fishing. Or go to NC again - our friends want us to come down and hang out.

  • I'm retired, it wouldn't be a big deal I suppose. Would rather squirrel hunt, or garage sale with my Wife with our time.

    or go fishing. Or go to NC again - our friends want us to come down and hang out.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @calfoxwc said:

    I'm retired, it wouldn't be a big deal I suppose. Would rather squirrel hunt, or garage sale with my Wife with our time.

    or go fishing. Or go to NC again - our friends want us to come down and hang out.

    Well....to my knowledge, Jury Duty isn't something you can go in and volunteer to do.  It doesn't work that way.  You get selected. You can't ask to serve. 

    I mean, as far as I know, there is only one way that you can volunteer to sit and hear cases and decide guilt or innocence and punishment:    and that is to become a Judge. 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Oh, I know. I'm fine if they ever pick me, I just don't want to help em pick me.

    If they ever do, I'll be the best juror on the jury. Probably the most analytical to a fault.

  • I'm retired, it wouldn't be a big deal I suppose. Would rather squirrel hunt, or garage sale with my Wife with our time.

    or go fishing. Or go to NC again - our friends want us to come down and hang out.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @calfoxwc said:

    I'm retired, it wouldn't be a big deal I suppose. Would rather squirrel hunt, or garage sale with my Wife with our time.

    or go fishing. Or go to NC again - our friends want us to come down and hang out.

    Take a miniature hangman's noose in with you and play with it a little. Like pull a pen out of your pocket with it and dangle it a little. Wear a cowboy hat to make it truly effective.??

  • Oh, I know. I'm fine if they ever pick me, I just don't want to help em pick me.

    If they ever do, I'll be the best juror on the jury. Probably the most analytical to a fault.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @calfoxwc said:

    Oh, I know. I'm fine if they ever pick me, I just don't want to help em pick me.

    If they ever do, I'll be the best juror on the jury. Probably the most analytical to a fault.

    Sure, Cal:

    YAWYJTA.jpg

    (this is meant as humor)

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #30

    So...this is an actualy fact:

    2015-04-16T09-55-01-033Z--1280x720.nbcne

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I'm retired, it wouldn't be a big deal I suppose. Would rather squirrel hunt, or garage sale with my Wife with our time.

    or go fishing. Or go to NC again - our friends want us to come down and hang out.

    Take a miniature hangman's noose in with you and play with it a little. Like pull a pen out of your pocket with it and dangle it a little. Wear a cowboy hat to make it truly effective.??

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @texasag1969 said:

    Take a miniature hangman's noose in with you and play with it a little. Like pull a pen out of your pocket with it and dangle it a little. Wear a cowboy hat to make it truly effective.??

    nah. I think that could be considered contempt of court or something. I'm far more subtle than that.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Take a miniature hangman's noose in with you and play with it a little. Like pull a pen out of your pocket with it and dangle it a little. Wear a cowboy hat to make it truly effective.??

    nah. I think that could be considered contempt of court or something. I'm far more subtle than that.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @calfoxwc said:

    nah. I think that could be considered contempt of court or something. I'm far more subtle than that.

    All I had to  do was present my Licensed Social Worker bleeding heart credentials,  so they put me and the preacher on the jury and we hung him as high as the law allowed.  Damn women on the jury were buying way to much of his BS until we reminded them of the logical evidence to the contrary.?