XFL
-
The NFL minor league and unless proped up will probably fade into obscurity with all of the others.....
The NFL minor league and unless proped up will probably fade into obscurity with all of the others.....
Maybe. But the XFL did just conduct a "draft" ...not a college draft, but one that apparently picked up street Free Agents, including the following names:
Cardale Jones
Connor Cook
Sammie Coates
Matt McGloin
Landry Jones
Orson Charles.
-
Pep Hamilton's a coach eh?
Yeah and so is Marc Trestman I remember him he was Bernie Kosar's coach at the U who sure has bounced all around football.
He entered football coaching at the University of Miami in 1981 as a volunteer coach. In 1983, he was named quarterbacks coach.[8] That year, quarterback Bernie Kosar passed for 2,329 yards and Miami won the national championship. The next year, Kosar completed 262 passes for 3,642 yards, both school records.
In 2005, Trestman returned to college football coaching as the NC State Wolfpack offensive coordinator, guiding the team to a win in the Meineke Car Care Bowl.[9] However, at the end of the 2006 season, he, along with the entire coaching staff, was fired.[10]
-
99% of football fan's thoughts on the XFL:

-
99% of football fan's thoughts on the XFL:
Yea, possibly. It remains to be seen. It is why I said that I thought that the XFL was making a mistake in not putting more teams in Non-NFL markets. It would seem, logically, that fans in cities with no NFL team would have more enthusiasm for a football product. But we saw that that didn't work with the AAF....which did put teams mostly in non NFL cities. So? Will this work....putting winter/spring football in mostly larger southern markets?
If there were an XFL team in Cleveland....would it matter to you then?
-
99% of football fan's thoughts on the XFL:
Yea, possibly. It remains to be seen. It is why I said that I thought that the XFL was making a mistake in not putting more teams in Non-NFL markets. It would seem, logically, that fans in cities with no NFL team would have more enthusiasm for a football product. But we saw that that didn't work with the AAF....which did put teams mostly in non NFL cities. So? Will this work....putting winter/spring football in mostly larger southern markets?
If there were an XFL team in Cleveland....would it matter to you then?
Yea, possibly. It remains to be seen.
If there were an XFL team in Cleveland....would it matter to you then?
No. I'm busy enough with the "real" football, baseball and March madness stuff and the like. I don't need "fake" sports.

GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, TRIBE, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes, I like ND!
-
Yea, possibly. It remains to be seen.
If there were an XFL team in Cleveland....would it matter to you then?
No. I'm busy enough with the "real" football, baseball and March madness stuff and the like. I don't need "fake" sports.

GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, TRIBE, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes, I like ND!
No. I'm busy enough with the "real" football, baseball and March madness stuff and the like. I don't need "fake" sports.

GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, TRIBE, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes, I like ND!
Of course, it could depend on who played for a Cleveland XFL team. Note: two of the name players I mention above are NEOhio products: Cardale Jones of Glenville, Connor Cook of Walsh Jesuit played HS ball here. That could promote some enthusiasm.
And if Mitch Trubisky does not get his act together, he could be headed for an XFL career perhaps.
-
No. I'm busy enough with the "real" football, baseball and March madness stuff and the like. I don't need "fake" sports.

GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, TRIBE, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes, I like ND!
Of course, it could depend on who played for a Cleveland XFL team. Note: two of the name players I mention above are NEOhio products: Cardale Jones of Glenville, Connor Cook of Walsh Jesuit played HS ball here. That could promote some enthusiasm.
And if Mitch Trubisky does not get his act together, he could be headed for an XFL career perhaps.
Of course, it could depend on who played for a Cleveland XFL team. Note: two of the name players I mention above are NEOhio products: Cardale Jones of Glenville, Connor Cook of Walsh Jesuit played HS ball here. That could promote some enthusiasm.
And if Mitch Trubisky does not get his act together, he could be headed for an XFL career perhaps.
I'd rather just watch the BUCKEYES than a bunch of stiffs that couldn't even make an NFL taxi squad......hey maybe some were really driving taxis!

....or Uber guys.
-
Of course, it could depend on who played for a Cleveland XFL team. Note: two of the name players I mention above are NEOhio products: Cardale Jones of Glenville, Connor Cook of Walsh Jesuit played HS ball here. That could promote some enthusiasm.
And if Mitch Trubisky does not get his act together, he could be headed for an XFL career perhaps.
I'd rather just watch the BUCKEYES than a bunch of stiffs that couldn't even make an NFL taxi squad......hey maybe some were really driving taxis!

....or Uber guys.
I'd rather just watch the BUCKEYES than a bunch of stiffs that couldn't even make an NFL taxi squad......hey maybe some were really driving taxis!

....or Uber guys.
The Buckeyes don't play between Feb. and April....unless you are talking the basketball, wrestling or or women's volleyball. And what says you cannot do both? You spend a good part of your day as an invalid watching sports. You could watch the XFL as well as those other winter sports. No Winter Olympics this year.
-
I can do a whole lot more and don't need to hear. "and the starting quarterback and former pizza delivery guy is....".

Relax junior I've been retired for 32 years now and don't have enough hours in the day. Besides who needs "fake" sports it would be like discussing the old defunct AAFC.
-
It would be nice to have a NFL developmental league(s) similar to the minor leagues in MLB; but methinks that the XFL ain't it.
-
I can do a whole lot more and don't need to hear. "and the starting quarterback and former pizza delivery guy is....".

Relax junior I've been retired for 32 years now and don't have enough hours in the day. Besides who needs "fake" sports it would be like discussing the old defunct AAFC.
I can do a whole lot more and don't need to hear. "and the starting quarterback and former pizza delivery guy is....".

Relax junior I've been retired for 32 years now and don't have enough hours in the day. Besides who needs "fake" sports it would be like discussing the old defunct AAFC.
So, again, if you have no interest in the Cleveland Browns...why are you here?
-
The only thing exciting about the XFL is the sexy cheerleaders.. But I will say.. "He Hate Me" was my favorite name in Football.... But like last time.. I expect this league to flop again!...
The only thing exciting about the XFL is the sexy cheerleaders.. But I will say.. "He Hate Me" was my favorite name in Football.... But like last time.. I expect this league to flop again!...
Unless it gets a boatload of money from the NFL it won't last long. Only one of the four American Football Leagues (1960-1969) had any real recent impact by getting absorbed into the NFL and starting the new current Superbowl era. Here's a list should be close to the real thing so when does the new XFL get added to the list? The American people have shown repeatedly that the NCAA and NFL are enough football. I agree.
Professional football.......buy your new XFL merchandise now, they might be collector's items.
- AAF–Alliance of American Football (2019)
- AAFC–All-America Football Conference (1946–1949)
- AFL–American Football League (1926)
- AFL–American Football League (1936–1937)
- AFL–American Football League (1940–1941)
- AFL–American Football League (1960–1969, now the American Football Conference of the major league NFL)
-
AFL–Arena Football League (1987–2008)
- The AFL returned in 2010, but is a separate legal entity from the original AFL. The current league purchased the assets of the original AFL in a bankruptcy auction, enabling it to brand itself as the first league's successor.
-
af2 (2000–2009), the Arena Football League's official minor league
- Many of the teams in the revived AFL are former af2 teams. In fact, the original lineup of Arena Football 1, the league that morphed into the revived AFL, included more af2 teams than former AFL teams.
- CFL–Continental Football League (1965–1969)
- FXFL–Fall Experimental Football League (2014–2015)
- IFL–Indoor Football League (1999–2000)
- IPFL–Indoor Professional Football League (1999–2001)
- PIFL–Professional Indoor Football League (1998)
- PSFL–Professional Spring Football League (1991 – Training Camp)
- UFL–United Football League (2009–2012)
- USFL–United States Football League (1983–1985)
- WFL–World Football League (1974–1975)
- XFL (2001)
-
It would be nice to have a NFL developmental league(s) similar to the minor leagues in MLB; but methinks that the XFL ain't it.
It would be nice to have a NFL developmental league(s) similar to the minor leagues in MLB; but methinks that the XFL ain't it.
The AAF thought it could be that. Maybe the XFL will attempt to be. They are supposed to be revising their model from the original ...to be more totally football oriented. Including not having the cheerleaders be more or less strippers, and no funny nicknames.
-
The only thing exciting about the XFL is the sexy cheerleaders.. But I will say.. "He Hate Me" was my favorite name in Football.... But like last time.. I expect this league to flop again!...
Unless it gets a boatload of money from the NFL it won't last long. Only one of the four American Football Leagues (1960-1969) had any real recent impact by getting absorbed into the NFL and starting the new current Superbowl era. Here's a list should be close to the real thing so when does the new XFL get added to the list? The American people have shown repeatedly that the NCAA and NFL are enough football. I agree.
Professional football.......buy your new XFL merchandise now, they might be collector's items.
- AAF–Alliance of American Football (2019)
- AAFC–All-America Football Conference (1946–1949)
- AFL–American Football League (1926)
- AFL–American Football League (1936–1937)
- AFL–American Football League (1940–1941)
- AFL–American Football League (1960–1969, now the American Football Conference of the major league NFL)
-
AFL–Arena Football League (1987–2008)
- The AFL returned in 2010, but is a separate legal entity from the original AFL. The current league purchased the assets of the original AFL in a bankruptcy auction, enabling it to brand itself as the first league's successor.
-
af2 (2000–2009), the Arena Football League's official minor league
- Many of the teams in the revived AFL are former af2 teams. In fact, the original lineup of Arena Football 1, the league that morphed into the revived AFL, included more af2 teams than former AFL teams.
- CFL–Continental Football League (1965–1969)
- FXFL–Fall Experimental Football League (2014–2015)
- IFL–Indoor Football League (1999–2000)
- IPFL–Indoor Professional Football League (1999–2001)
- PIFL–Professional Indoor Football League (1998)
- PSFL–Professional Spring Football League (1991 – Training Camp)
- UFL–United Football League (2009–2012)
- USFL–United States Football League (1983–1985)
- WFL–World Football League (1974–1975)
- XFL (2001)
Unless it gets a boatload of money from the NFL it won't last long. Only one of the four American Football Leagues (1960-1969) had any real recent impact by getting absorbed into the NFL and starting the new current Superbowl era. Here's a list should be close to the real thing so when does the new XFL get added to the list? The American people have shown repeatedly that the NCAA and NFL are enough football. I agree.
Professional football.......buy your new XFL merchandise now, they might be collector's items.
- AAF–Alliance of American Football (2019)
- AAFC–All-America Football Conference (1946–1949)
- AFL–American Football League (1926)
- AFL–American Football League (1936–1937)
- AFL–American Football League (1940–1941)
- AFL–American Football League (1960–1969, now the American Football Conference of the major league NFL)
-
AFL–Arena Football League (1987–2008)
- The AFL returned in 2010, but is a separate legal entity from the original AFL. The current league purchased the assets of the original AFL in a bankruptcy auction, enabling it to brand itself as the first league's successor.
-
af2 (2000–2009), the Arena Football League's official minor league
- Many of the teams in the revived AFL are former af2 teams. In fact, the original lineup of Arena Football 1, the league that morphed into the revived AFL, included more af2 teams than former AFL teams.
- CFL–Continental Football League (1965–1969)
- FXFL–Fall Experimental Football League (2014–2015)
- IFL–Indoor Football League (1999–2000)
- IPFL–Indoor Professional Football League (1999–2001)
- PIFL–Professional Indoor Football League (1998)
- PSFL–Professional Spring Football League (1991 – Training Camp)
- UFL–United Football League (2009–2012)
- USFL–United States Football League (1983–1985)
- WFL–World Football League (1974–1975)
- XFL (2001)
Only 2 of those really count: The ones that merged with the NFL, being the AAFC and the AFL..60-69 version.
-
It would be nice to have a NFL developmental league(s) similar to the minor leagues in MLB; but methinks that the XFL ain't it.
The AAF thought it could be that. Maybe the XFL will attempt to be. They are supposed to be revising their model from the original ...to be more totally football oriented. Including not having the cheerleaders be more or less strippers, and no funny nicknames.
The AAF thought it could be that. Maybe the XFL will attempt to be. They are supposed to be revising their model from the original ...to be more totally football oriented. Including not having the cheerleaders be more or less strippers, and no funny nicknames.
The quickly defunct AAF went under fast because they couldn't pay their bills or payroll or satisfy the long term contracts they entered into. (hard to remember because it was gone so fast)
-
Unless it gets a boatload of money from the NFL it won't last long. Only one of the four American Football Leagues (1960-1969) had any real recent impact by getting absorbed into the NFL and starting the new current Superbowl era. Here's a list should be close to the real thing so when does the new XFL get added to the list? The American people have shown repeatedly that the NCAA and NFL are enough football. I agree.
Professional football.......buy your new XFL merchandise now, they might be collector's items.
- AAF–Alliance of American Football (2019)
- AAFC–All-America Football Conference (1946–1949)
- AFL–American Football League (1926)
- AFL–American Football League (1936–1937)
- AFL–American Football League (1940–1941)
- AFL–American Football League (1960–1969, now the American Football Conference of the major league NFL)
-
AFL–Arena Football League (1987–2008)
- The AFL returned in 2010, but is a separate legal entity from the original AFL. The current league purchased the assets of the original AFL in a bankruptcy auction, enabling it to brand itself as the first league's successor.
-
af2 (2000–2009), the Arena Football League's official minor league
- Many of the teams in the revived AFL are former af2 teams. In fact, the original lineup of Arena Football 1, the league that morphed into the revived AFL, included more af2 teams than former AFL teams.
- CFL–Continental Football League (1965–1969)
- FXFL–Fall Experimental Football League (2014–2015)
- IFL–Indoor Football League (1999–2000)
- IPFL–Indoor Professional Football League (1999–2001)
- PIFL–Professional Indoor Football League (1998)
- PSFL–Professional Spring Football League (1991 – Training Camp)
- UFL–United Football League (2009–2012)
- USFL–United States Football League (1983–1985)
- WFL–World Football League (1974–1975)
- XFL (2001)
Only 2 of those really count: The ones that merged with the NFL, being the AAFC and the AFL..60-69 version.
Only 2 of those really count: The ones that merged with the NFL, being the AAFC and the AFL..60-69 version.
And yet most people only remember one because it was a good league and began the highly successful Superbowl era. The other was about 70 years ago and wasn't really a success and even old geezers like you and I can not remember it.....and I'm only 69.
Oh and it died, nobody else really cares, the records are not even in the NFL HOF.......let it rest in peace. It's totally dead and gone.
-
Only 2 of those really count: The ones that merged with the NFL, being the AAFC and the AFL..60-69 version.
And yet most people only remember one because it was a good league and began the highly successful Superbowl era. The other was about 70 years ago and wasn't really a success and even old geezers like you and I can not remember it.....and I'm only 69.
Oh and it died, nobody else really cares, the records are not even in the NFL HOF.......let it rest in peace. It's totally dead and gone.
And yet most people only remember one because it was a good league and began the highly successful Superbowl era. The other was about 70 years ago and wasn't really a success and even old geezers like you and I can not remember it.....and I'm only 69.
Oh and it died, nobody else really cares, the records are not even in the NFL HOF.......let it rest in peace. It's totally dead and gone.
Well....the Cleveland Browns are not gone, the San Francisco 49ers are not got....the Baltimore Colts are gone...but just to Indy.
Again....if you hate the Browns and wish to constantly denigrate their history, their chances.... why are you even on here?
-
And yet most people only remember one because it was a good league and began the highly successful Superbowl era. The other was about 70 years ago and wasn't really a success and even old geezers like you and I can not remember it.....and I'm only 69.
Oh and it died, nobody else really cares, the records are not even in the NFL HOF.......let it rest in peace. It's totally dead and gone.
Well....the Cleveland Browns are not gone, the San Francisco 49ers are not got....the Baltimore Colts are gone...but just to Indy.
Again....if you hate the Browns and wish to constantly denigrate their history, their chances.... why are you even on here?
Again....if you hate the Browns and wish to constantly denigrate their history, their chances.... why are you even on here?
Easy because I've been a DieHard browns fan since the 1950s and basically an all Ohio sports fan.
GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, TRIBE, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes, I like ND!
GO BROWNS, naturally.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login