XFL
-
Outside of a few teams with bad QB play, the XFL has been great. Already better than the AAF
Outside of a few teams with bad QB play, the XFL has been great. Already better than the AAF
Yep....I agree...very entertaining. How long before we have a NFL vs. XFL playoff?
-
Outside of a few teams with bad QB play, the XFL has been great. Already better than the AAF
Yep....I agree...very entertaining. How long before we have a NFL vs. XFL playoff?
Yep....I agree...very entertaining. How long before we have a NFL vs. XFL playoff?
100 years (but the XFL might not last 10). The NFL is having viewership issues now the NFL is pretty much at the saturation point especially when you factor in college football. Football every day of the week for months. Plus their schedule is all wrong for a playoff unlike the old AFL vs NFL which had less other competition.
I was even a little surprised when the Arena League folded, I thought small market ball would work but it didn't.
The XFL 2.0 is pretty much big market with NFL teams in the area.
-
Vince McMahon always had some money but in the years between 2001 and now some money blossomed into "a lot of money" as in billions. He could probably afford to float the xfl along through a couple of early rough seasons. If he can get a few key investors who knows what could happen. The fact of the matter is football is king and I would personally rather follow the xfl then the other major sports.
The AAF or whatever it was called that just folded had neither money or broadcast partners.
-
They were smart to avoid sideshow acts like Johnny Manziel and go with guys like Cardale Jones and Landry Jones
-
I hear Antonio Callaway is on a team although injured.
-
I would never have opened this thread, I just don't care......
except I just saw this: lol
https://www.theblaze.com/news/kaepernick-wanted-20-million-to-play-in-xfl
-
Vince McMahon always had some money but in the years between 2001 and now some money blossomed into "a lot of money" as in billions. He could probably afford to float the xfl along through a couple of early rough seasons. If he can get a few key investors who knows what could happen. The fact of the matter is football is king and I would personally rather follow the xfl then the other major sports.
The AAF or whatever it was called that just folded had neither money or broadcast partners.
Vince McMahon always had some money but in the years between 2001 and now some money blossomed into "a lot of money" as in billions. He could probably afford to float the xfl along through a couple of early rough seasons. If he can get a few key investors who knows what could happen. The fact of the matter is football is king and I would personally rather follow the xfl then the other major sports.
The AAF or whatever it was called that just folded had neither money or broadcast partners.
It DID have broadcast partners. Like ESPN and Fox or even NBC. It may not have had money....and apparently it didn't, which was the sole reason it folded. I guess I don't understand how it didn't have money when those networks were paying broadcast rights fees.
I think it is just that spring ball does NOT work. Not the AAF, not the USFL, not the first XFL, and likely not this. Not in the long term.
-
I would never have opened this thread, I just don't care......
except I just saw this: lol
https://www.theblaze.com/news/kaepernick-wanted-20-million-to-play-in-xfl
I would never have opened this thread, I just don't care......
except I just saw this: lol
https://www.theblaze.com/news/kaepernick-wanted-20-million-to-play-in-xfl
Well, that was just silly. He is not in the NFL because he is perceived to just not be that good. If he were a superior talent.....he would have had a job notwithstanding whatever troglodyte attitudes existed toward him.
-
There was a discussion on the radio today that in the event that this XFL expands before too long, that Cleveland.....or maybe even Canton, could get a team. (The HOF stadium can handle 23K....enough for an XFL team).
Then they speculated on names.
If either Cleveland of Canton got a team, what would you call it?
-
The NFL minor league and unless proped up will probably fade into obscurity with all of the others.....
Maybe. But the XFL did just conduct a "draft" ...not a college draft, but one that apparently picked up street Free Agents, including the following names:
Cardale Jones
Connor Cook
Sammie Coates
Matt McGloin
Landry Jones
Orson Charles.
Maybe. But the XFL did just conduct a "draft" ...not a college draft, but one that apparently picked up street Free Agents, including the following names:
Cardale Jones
Connor Cook
Sammie Coates
Matt McGloin
Landry Jones
Orson Charles.
Landry Jones....LOL
-
In game 1 today, ok don't know some of the players.
But coaches Jerry Glanville and Marc Tresman some real oldies. Marc was Kosar's QB coach at the "U".
Next Bob Stoops and Dallas.
-
-
I would never have opened this thread, I just don't care......
except I just saw this: lol
https://www.theblaze.com/news/kaepernick-wanted-20-million-to-play-in-xfl
I would never have opened this thread, I just don't care......
except I just saw this: lol
https://www.theblaze.com/news/kaepernick-wanted-20-million-to-play-in-xfl
LMAO

-
-
I loved seeing Glanville, totally not expected. He pops up on screen, and I'm like "that looks like Glanville." Some of his Oiler teams were good.
oh ya he did have some good teams left tickets for Elvis and drove his harley on the field but while here in P-Town he was just here to collect a check
-
Outside of a few teams with bad QB play, the XFL has been great. Already better than the AAF
Outside of a few teams with bad QB play, the XFL has been great. Already better than the AAF
Well they figured out gimmicky didn't work. Oliver Luck impressed.
-
Love me field goal games.
-
Seattle has allot of fans attending the game.
-
There was a discussion on the radio today that in the event that this XFL expands before too long, that Cleveland.....or maybe even Canton, could get a team. (The HOF stadium can handle 23K....enough for an XFL team).
Then they speculated on names.
If either Cleveland of Canton got a team, what would you call it?
There was a discussion on the radio today that in the event that this XFL expands before too long, that Cleveland.....or maybe even Canton, could get a team. (The HOF stadium can handle 23K....enough for an XFL team).
Then they speculated on names.
If either Cleveland of Canton got a team, what would you call it?
If Canton got an XFL team I would go with the Bulldogs name for the history. I would love to see it happen.
I guess we could update that name to the 21st century XFL...the Canton Mutant Ninja Bulldogs.?
-
There was a discussion on the radio today that in the event that this XFL expands before too long, that Cleveland.....or maybe even Canton, could get a team. (The HOF stadium can handle 23K....enough for an XFL team).
Then they speculated on names.
If either Cleveland of Canton got a team, what would you call it?
If Canton got an XFL team I would go with the Bulldogs name for the history. I would love to see it happen.
I guess we could update that name to the 21st century XFL...the Canton Mutant Ninja Bulldogs.?
If Canton got an XFL team I would go with the Bulldogs name for the history. I would love to see it happen.
FIFY!
Mike
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login