XFL
-
Vince McMahon always had some money but in the years between 2001 and now some money blossomed into "a lot of money" as in billions. He could probably afford to float the xfl along through a couple of early rough seasons. If he can get a few key investors who knows what could happen. The fact of the matter is football is king and I would personally rather follow the xfl then the other major sports.
The AAF or whatever it was called that just folded had neither money or broadcast partners.
Vince McMahon always had some money but in the years between 2001 and now some money blossomed into "a lot of money" as in billions. He could probably afford to float the xfl along through a couple of early rough seasons. If he can get a few key investors who knows what could happen. The fact of the matter is football is king and I would personally rather follow the xfl then the other major sports.
The AAF or whatever it was called that just folded had neither money or broadcast partners.
It DID have broadcast partners. Like ESPN and Fox or even NBC. It may not have had money....and apparently it didn't, which was the sole reason it folded. I guess I don't understand how it didn't have money when those networks were paying broadcast rights fees.
I think it is just that spring ball does NOT work. Not the AAF, not the USFL, not the first XFL, and likely not this. Not in the long term.
-
I would never have opened this thread, I just don't care......
except I just saw this: lol
https://www.theblaze.com/news/kaepernick-wanted-20-million-to-play-in-xfl
I would never have opened this thread, I just don't care......
except I just saw this: lol
https://www.theblaze.com/news/kaepernick-wanted-20-million-to-play-in-xfl
Well, that was just silly. He is not in the NFL because he is perceived to just not be that good. If he were a superior talent.....he would have had a job notwithstanding whatever troglodyte attitudes existed toward him.
-
There was a discussion on the radio today that in the event that this XFL expands before too long, that Cleveland.....or maybe even Canton, could get a team. (The HOF stadium can handle 23K....enough for an XFL team).
Then they speculated on names.
If either Cleveland of Canton got a team, what would you call it?
-
The NFL minor league and unless proped up will probably fade into obscurity with all of the others.....
Maybe. But the XFL did just conduct a "draft" ...not a college draft, but one that apparently picked up street Free Agents, including the following names:
Cardale Jones
Connor Cook
Sammie Coates
Matt McGloin
Landry Jones
Orson Charles.
Maybe. But the XFL did just conduct a "draft" ...not a college draft, but one that apparently picked up street Free Agents, including the following names:
Cardale Jones
Connor Cook
Sammie Coates
Matt McGloin
Landry Jones
Orson Charles.
Landry Jones....LOL
-
In game 1 today, ok don't know some of the players.
But coaches Jerry Glanville and Marc Tresman some real oldies. Marc was Kosar's QB coach at the "U".
Next Bob Stoops and Dallas.
-
-
I would never have opened this thread, I just don't care......
except I just saw this: lol
https://www.theblaze.com/news/kaepernick-wanted-20-million-to-play-in-xfl
I would never have opened this thread, I just don't care......
except I just saw this: lol
https://www.theblaze.com/news/kaepernick-wanted-20-million-to-play-in-xfl
LMAO

-
-
I loved seeing Glanville, totally not expected. He pops up on screen, and I'm like "that looks like Glanville." Some of his Oiler teams were good.
oh ya he did have some good teams left tickets for Elvis and drove his harley on the field but while here in P-Town he was just here to collect a check
-
Outside of a few teams with bad QB play, the XFL has been great. Already better than the AAF
Outside of a few teams with bad QB play, the XFL has been great. Already better than the AAF
Well they figured out gimmicky didn't work. Oliver Luck impressed.
-
Love me field goal games.
-
Seattle has allot of fans attending the game.
-
There was a discussion on the radio today that in the event that this XFL expands before too long, that Cleveland.....or maybe even Canton, could get a team. (The HOF stadium can handle 23K....enough for an XFL team).
Then they speculated on names.
If either Cleveland of Canton got a team, what would you call it?
There was a discussion on the radio today that in the event that this XFL expands before too long, that Cleveland.....or maybe even Canton, could get a team. (The HOF stadium can handle 23K....enough for an XFL team).
Then they speculated on names.
If either Cleveland of Canton got a team, what would you call it?
If Canton got an XFL team I would go with the Bulldogs name for the history. I would love to see it happen.
I guess we could update that name to the 21st century XFL...the Canton Mutant Ninja Bulldogs.?
-
There was a discussion on the radio today that in the event that this XFL expands before too long, that Cleveland.....or maybe even Canton, could get a team. (The HOF stadium can handle 23K....enough for an XFL team).
Then they speculated on names.
If either Cleveland of Canton got a team, what would you call it?
If Canton got an XFL team I would go with the Bulldogs name for the history. I would love to see it happen.
I guess we could update that name to the 21st century XFL...the Canton Mutant Ninja Bulldogs.?
If Canton got an XFL team I would go with the Bulldogs name for the history. I would love to see it happen.
FIFY!
Mike
-
If Canton got an XFL team I would go with the Bulldogs name for the history. I would love to see it happen.
FIFY!
Mike
FIFY!
Mike
I was thinking it would be nice for Cleveland to have an XFL team but when Gip brought up Canton I like that even better with the football history of Canton.
Here is another name you might like:
"The Canton Mikes" ?
-
The HOF stadium in Canton would be a perfect sized stadium for the XFL, but I just can't see them putting a team in that market.
Honestly, Columbus would probably get a team before Cleveland or Canton. They could play in the Columbus Crew new stadium.
-
The HOF stadium in Canton would be a perfect sized stadium for the XFL, but I just can't see them putting a team in that market.
Honestly, Columbus would probably get a team before Cleveland or Canton. They could play in the Columbus Crew new stadium.
The HOF stadium in Canton would be a perfect sized stadium for the XFL, but I just can't see them putting a team in that market.
Honestly, Columbus would probably get a team before Cleveland or Canton. They could play in the Columbus Crew new stadium.
I agree Columbus would more likely be the city to get an XFL team but Canton would be a sentimental favorite for me. I would love to see it happen for Canton but no doubt they would go for the larger Columbus market.
-
The HOF stadium in Canton would be a perfect sized stadium for the XFL, but I just can't see them putting a team in that market.
Honestly, Columbus would probably get a team before Cleveland or Canton. They could play in the Columbus Crew new stadium.
The HOF stadium in Canton would be a perfect sized stadium for the XFL, but I just can't see them putting a team in that market.
Honestly, Columbus would probably get a team before Cleveland or Canton. They could play in the Columbus Crew new stadium.
That market is the same as this market
-
The HOF stadium in Canton would be a perfect sized stadium for the XFL, but I just can't see them putting a team in that market.
Honestly, Columbus would probably get a team before Cleveland or Canton. They could play in the Columbus Crew new stadium.
I agree Columbus would more likely be the city to get an XFL team but Canton would be a sentimental favorite for me. I would love to see it happen for Canton but no doubt they would go for the larger Columbus market.
I agree Columbus would more likely be the city to get an XFL team but Canton would be a sentimental favorite for me. I would love to see it happen for Canton but no doubt they would go for the larger Columbus market.
Agreed, but IF Canton got a team & it was named the BULLDOGS, the stadium would be PACKED & this area would definitely support the Team. No other Pro team or major college program splitting interest. The official beer could be Thirsty Dog Brewery's "Old Leghumper"!!
Mike
-
A local XFL team would be sweet
The games today were entertaining but many teams still suffer from bad QB play.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login