Skip to content

WEEK 8 - ONE MAN'S OPINION the BROWNS, injury reports, +13 O/U 46 in NE at 4:25, now +10' again?

The Browns Board
90 16 2.3k
  • The AFCN games have the biggest longshots this week except one in the Thursday Night Football game Washington opened a +14 underdog and quickly moved to a huge Washington +16 already.....at Minnesota.

    The primetime games this coming week are all longshots except one which might be interesting GB -3 at KC without Patrick Mahomes.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @mjp28 said:

    The AFCN games have the biggest longshots this week except one in the Thursday Night Football game Washington opened a +14 underdog and quickly moved to a huge Washington +16 already.....at Minnesota.

    The primetime games this coming week are all longshots except one which might be interesting GB -3 at KC without Patrick Mahomes.

    Thielen had a major hamstring pull on his only reception in the 1st Q, a 25 yd TD. I expect he may be done for most of the season now. Naturally he joins all my walking wounded and inactives like Brees, AJ Green, Guice and Hunt. I had a really good team and Green was only supposed to miss just the first two games. Now winless Cincy is talking after the 9 week bye. Tank job.

  • MONDAY EARLY PM - 

    Cleveland Browns
    NAME STATUS DATE
    Daniel Ekuale, DT Questionable Oct 21
    Comment: Ekuale (concussion) is participating in Monday's practice, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.
    Kareem Hunt, RB Suspension Oct 21
    Comment: Hunt (suspension) has been cleared to practice with the Browns.
    Baker Mayfield, QB Questionable Oct 21
    Comment: Mayfield (hip) is on the field for Monday's practice, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.
    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @mjp28 said:

    MONDAY EARLY PM - 

    Cleveland Browns
    NAME STATUS DATE
    Daniel Ekuale, DT Questionable Oct 21
    Comment: Ekuale (concussion) is participating in Monday's practice, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.
    Kareem Hunt, RB Suspension Oct 21
    Comment: Hunt (suspension) has been cleared to practice with the Browns.
    Baker Mayfield, QB Questionable Oct 21
    Comment: Mayfield (hip) is on the field for Monday's practice, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

    Yes some happy news- here's a little more detail for those who are interested...  https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Browns-Kareem-Hunt-Returns-to-Practice--137309165/

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    OK, question:   Is Hunt suspended for 8 games.....or 8 weeks?   Does the Bye week count as one of his weeks suspended?

  • OK, question:   Is Hunt suspended for 8 games.....or 8 weeks?   Does the Bye week count as one of his weeks suspended?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #10

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, question:   Is Hunt suspended for 8 games.....or 8 weeks?  1) Does the Bye week count as one of his weeks suspended?

    1) No, it doesn't count. 

    8 full games Gip. He can practice, but the first game he can play in is our game with the Bills after the Patriots and Broncos. At least he can practice and get up to speed before he actually plays.   

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    MONDAY NIGHT - a few notable reports.

    MNF NE 7 out, NYJ 8 out

    Patrick Mahomes, QB Out Oct 21
    Comment: Coach Andy Reid acknowledged Monday that it would be a "stretch'' for Mahomes to play Sunday against the Packers, ESPN' Adam Teicher reports. "I don't think you put a timeline on this thing," Reid noted of the status of Mahomes, who dislocated the patella in his right knee this past Thursday. "You go off how he feels and what the doctors say and go with it. I don't think there's a set time, though. I know people want a time, but I don't think you can do that with this injury."
  • OK, question:   Is Hunt suspended for 8 games.....or 8 weeks?   Does the Bye week count as one of his weeks suspended?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, question:   Is Hunt suspended for 8 games.....or 8 weeks?   Does the Bye week count as one of his weeks suspended?

    However I read that the NFL has allowed him to return to practice as of today.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Sure enough after the NE thumping of the NY Nyets plus diminished faith in our playoff bound Browns the line has jumped up to almost +13......any takers?

    https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas

    Screenshot_2019-10-22_100712.jpg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #14

    TUESDAY AM - early report.

    Cleveland Browns
    NAME STATUS DATE
    Kareem Hunt, RB Suspension Oct 22
    Comment: Hunt (suspension) practiced with the Browns on Monday for the first time since preseason, Mar Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.
    Daniel Ekuale, DT Questionable Oct 21

    Comment: Ekuale (concussion) is participating in Monday's practice, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.

    Comment: questionable
         
    New England Patriots
    NAME STATUS DATE
    Ryan Izzo, TE Questionable Oct 22
    Comment: questionable
    Matt LaCosse, TE Questionable Oct 22
    Comment: questionable
    Josh Gordon, WR Questionable Oct 22
    Comment: questionable
    Patrick Chung, S Questionable Oct 22
    Comment: questionable
    Rex Burkhead, RB Questionable Oct 22
    Comment: questionable
    Michael Bennett, DE Suspension Oct 22
    Comment: suspension
  • Sure enough after the NE thumping of the NY Nyets plus diminished faith in our playoff bound Browns the line has jumped up to almost +13......any takers?

    https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas

    Screenshot_2019-10-22_100712.jpg

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @mjp28 said:

    Sure enough after the NE thumping of the NY Nyets plus diminished faith in our playoff bound Browns the line has jumped up to almost +13......any takers?

    https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas

    Just for fun a quick look at WEEK 9 after this game Cleveland is a  +1.5 underdog when they travel to Denver at 4:25 pm.

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS
    #16

    I feel that the Browns could have ran away against Seattle if Baker hit OBJ on the “out” route before the blocked punt.
    Healthy and Hungry Browns?
    Normally I don’t do predictions but at 2-4? Why not.. 

    27-17. Cleveland.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Well, I made my $5.00 bet, and I've only bet that high once before.

    I'm all in. Browns will beat the Patriots.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    It's amazing how many of us have our Browns winning this game, lol. Let me drop a very uncomfortable stat on you guys. "If the Patriots' offense never took the field, they'd be 3-3-1 for the year." 

    Think about that for a minute. 

    That cover 0 blitzing defense completely screwed up about every QB in the league, so I'm not sure how ours is going to fare much better. My only hope is that it's an ugly game and our defense someone figures out how to score while our young QB plays super smart. 

  • It's amazing how many of us have our Browns winning this game, lol. Let me drop a very uncomfortable stat on you guys. "If the Patriots' offense never took the field, they'd be 3-3-1 for the year." 

    Think about that for a minute. 

    That cover 0 blitzing defense completely screwed up about every QB in the league, so I'm not sure how ours is going to fare much better. My only hope is that it's an ugly game and our defense someone figures out how to score while our young QB plays super smart. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @jiggins7919 said:

    It's amazing how many of us have our Browns winning this game

    Put me down for that "me, too," movement...

    I've had the feeling since MNF... and I'm developing a basis... either that or I'm coming down with the flu... 😉

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    It's amazing how many of us have our Browns winning this game

    Put me down for that "me, too," movement...

    I've had the feeling since MNF... and I'm developing a basis... either that or I'm coming down with the flu... 😉

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @tour2ma said:

    Put me down for that "me, too," movement...

    I've had the feeling since MNF... and I'm developing a basis... either that or I'm coming down with the flu... 😉

    LOL. I'm painfully on the train too! Bring it! 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    It's amazing how many of us have our Browns winning this game

    Put me down for that "me, too," movement...

    I've had the feeling since MNF... and I'm developing a basis... either that or I'm coming down with the flu... 😉

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @tour2ma said:

    Put me down for that "me, too," movement...

    I've had the feeling since MNF... and I'm developing a basis... either that or I'm coming down with the flu... 😉

    Monkey wants treat gets shocked but does it again and again, monkey doesn't learn.  😕

    Ok put me on the list too...... must win game #3 or we start draft talk and doing mock drafts!   BROWNS +13 should be good, monkey says.😆

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    It's amazing how many of us have our Browns winning this game

    Put me down for that "me, too," movement...

    I've had the feeling since MNF... and I'm developing a basis... either that or I'm coming down with the flu... 😉

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    Put me down for that "me, too," movement...

    I've had the feeling since MNF... and I'm developing a basis... either that or I'm coming down with the flu... 😉

    @jiggins7919 said:

    LOL. I'm painfully on the train too! Bring it! 

    Ricky has a famous song for those on the train, "Fools Rush In".???

    Me, I think I will wait another week with Simon & Garfunkel "sittin' in the railway station".?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Put me down for that "me, too," movement...

    I've had the feeling since MNF... and I'm developing a basis... either that or I'm coming down with the flu... 😉

    @jiggins7919 said:

    LOL. I'm painfully on the train too! Bring it! 

    Ricky has a famous song for those on the train, "Fools Rush In".???

    Me, I think I will wait another week with Simon & Garfunkel "sittin' in the railway station".?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @texasag1969 said:

    Ricky has a famous song for those on the train, "Fools Rush In".???

    Me, I think I will wait another week with Simon & Garfunkel "sittin' in the railway station".?

    While many others are singing the Monkees "I'm a Believer".  

    Or this:

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Oh Christ just what we want more of the Gipper top 5,000 hits on the board. ZZZZzzzzzzoooooo.  😴

      ?‍♂️

  • Oh Christ just what we want more of the Gipper top 5,000 hits on the board. ZZZZzzzzzzoooooo.  😴

      ?‍♂️

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh Christ just what we want more of the Gipper top 5,000 hits on the board. ZZZZzzzzzzoooooo.  😴

      ?‍♂️

    I don't know about  5000....but I could put a Top 50 on here...though I think it would have to go on the Entertainment (movie review) forum.  My choices would be sublime. (but rest assured....that Hot Chocolate song would not be on it).

  • @mjp28 said:

    Oh Christ just what we want more of the Gipper top 5,000 hits on the board. ZZZZzzzzzzoooooo.  😴

      ?‍♂️

    I don't know about  5000....but I could put a Top 50 on here...though I think it would have to go on the Entertainment (movie review) forum.  My choices would be sublime. (but rest assured....that Hot Chocolate song would not be on it).

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't know about  5000....but I could put a Top 50 on here...though I think it would have to go on the Entertainment (movie review) forum.  My choices would be sublime. (but rest assured....that Hot Chocolate song would not be on it).

    Oh yes we'd all love that we could get rid of our radios and CD collections.