Skip to content

Da Bears -  Time to move on past Trubisky?  Another draft casualty? 

The Browns Board
47 10 784 1
  • Ability to read defenses and throw with anticipation are so key. It's why I like the kid out of LSU so much, and why I'd take him over Tua. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Ability to read defenses and throw with anticipation are so key. It's why I like the kid out of LSU so much, and why I'd take him over Tua. 

    I am so with you on that...

  • @tour2ma said:

    Here's the thing... you cannot take a QB prospect early with no video evidence as to what is between his ears... and that is what the Bears (and Gipper) did with Mitch.

    Glad I finished my beverage before I got to that last part.   And who woulda thunk I'd stick up more for Trubisky in this thread than Hoorta...  

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @flugel said:

    Glad I finished my beverage before I got to that last part.   And who woulda thunk I'd stick up more for Trubisky in this thread than Hoorta...  

    lol... thanks phor the Dobler memory....

    ...but I don't remember anyone pimping Trubs harder than Gipper prior to the 2017 drapht...

    ... oph course that was then...

    Gotta unstick this "ph" key....

  • @flugel said:

    Glad I finished my beverage before I got to that last part.   And who woulda thunk I'd stick up more for Trubisky in this thread than Hoorta...  

    lol... thanks phor the Dobler memory....

    ...but I don't remember anyone pimping Trubs harder than Gipper prior to the 2017 drapht...

    ... oph course that was then...

    Gotta unstick this "ph" key....

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... thanks phor the Dobler memory....

    ...but I don't remember anyone pimping Trubs harder than Gipper prior to the 2017 drapht...

    ... oph course that was then...

    Gotta unstick this "ph" key....

    You're welcome!  And, you are correct about who his #1 fan was. 

    I'll give a funny Conrad Dobler story that took place when he was allegedly winding down his career to the best of my recollection.  There was a Buffalo Bill that was on a radio show after Conrad Dobler finished playing there.  If memory serves me right it was OT Joe Devlin. And he was asked what it was like to be his teammate.  He said "I'll give you an idea of how crazy and fun the guy was.   He got me and a couple other guys to sneak out of training camp at night to the nightlife.  Conrad would drink funnels with the kids at the bar, he would drink out of people's shoes and 1 cute girl got him to drink beer through her toes.  He kept us out til the place closed; but he still woke ready up ready to practice early the next day."  Then he was asked?  Does he really bite people's fingers in piles?  "That was only done to guys dumb enough to put their hands/fingers inside his helmet - where Conrad deemed it time to protect his eyes. Pretty smart when you think about it..."

  • @the-gipper said:

    You are the one that is way behind.  You are the one bringing up fucking DeShone Kizer with your caveman thinking.  Let that stinking corpse rot.   😆

    Wrong again.  Someone else brought it up I was replying on the dangers of any quarterback coming in green out of college and trying to run an NFL team. (they were right)

    The Kizer and Trubisky situations are similar, I personally think that Trubisky is better.

    NFL quarterback the hardest job in team sports.

    I thought you were better than that try reading the thread again.    😉

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @mjp28 said:

    Wrong again.  Someone else brought it up I was replying on the dangers of any quarterback coming in green out of college and trying to run an NFL team. (they were right)

    Maybe someone else brought him up....but you have perpetuated it. 

    The Kizer and Trubisky situations are similar, I personally think that Trubisky is better.

    That is a complete no brainer.

    NFL quarterback the hardest job in team sports.

    Well...that is an opinion...that I am not sure about.  Maybe, maybe not.

    I thought you were better than that try reading the thread again.    😉

    I have read all I need to of you apparently defending Kizer as merely a guy that was just thrown to the wolves too early.  Kizer was prey to the wolves because he is the QB equivalent of a muskox. There was nothing in his nature that said he was ever going to be anything but fodder for the predators of the NFL.

  • @flugel said:

    Glad I finished my beverage before I got to that last part.   And who woulda thunk I'd stick up more for Trubisky in this thread than Hoorta...  

    lol... thanks phor the Dobler memory....

    ...but I don't remember anyone pimping Trubs harder than Gipper prior to the 2017 drapht...

    ... oph course that was then...

    Gotta unstick this "ph" key....

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... thanks phor the Dobler memory....

    ...but I don't remember anyone pimping Trubs harder than Gipper prior to the 2017 drapht...

    ... oph course that was then...

    Gotta unstick this "ph" key....

    Except that Ghoolie pimped him more than I did. (and don't forget his Paxton Lynch pimping).   As did Stan....he just didn't want to commit to him being a top draft pick. 

    But, no, the ph key is the perfect key for you.   Ph as in phony.   You yabber about me maybe getting something wrong on a matter of talent evaluation (which is still completely up in the air....yet you are too craven to put yourself on the line with a matter of talent evaluation).

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Ability to read defenses and throw with anticipation are so key. It's why I like the kid out of LSU so much, and why I'd take him over Tua. 

    I like him too Jigs!   I'm hearing and reading a lot of good stuff about his leadership intangibles.  Did you know the same LSU QB you speak of transferred out of Ohio State when Haskins beat him out last year?  

    Speaking of the college QBs with limited starting experience - looks like Haskins should have stayed in school another year...

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @flugel said:

    I like him too Jigs!   I'm hearing and reading a lot of good stuff about his leadership intangibles.  Did you know the same LSU QB you speak of transferred out of Ohio State when Haskins beat him out last year?  

    Speaking of the college QBs with limited starting experience - looks like Haskins should have stayed in school another year...

    I had no idea. Dang! 

  • Ability to read defenses and throw with anticipation are so key. It's why I like the kid out of LSU so much, and why I'd take him over Tua. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Ability to read defenses and throw with anticipation are so key. It's why I like the kid out of LSU so much, and why I'd take him over Tua. 

    In his family I think he grew up reading plays before he read books.??