Skip to content

Why is OBJ making so much $?

The Browns Board
38 18 993 1
  • @icecube said:

    Is he? Illustrate how. 

    Bro, he can't throw it to himself. Yeah, he had 3 drops that were pretty bad. But if Baker actually knew how to read red zone defenses, OBJ would have 4 more TDS, maybe more. On one play OBJ made his guy FALL DOWN but Baker obviously forced it to Harris (spoiler alert, it didn't work). 

    OBJ hasn't done well, but Baker has been effing awful. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    OBJ hasn't done well, but Baker has been effing awful. 

    RK PLAYER PTS ADDED PASS RUN PENALTY TOTAL EPA QB PLAYS RAW QBR TOTAL QBR
    21 Teddy Twatwater, NO -3.2 14.0 -1.3 -0.6 17.7 237 45.3 47.8
    22 Joe Flacco, DEN -1.8 9.4 0.8 0.4 21.3 274 47.7 46.9
    23 Jameis Winston, TB -12.4 3.7 -1.4 0.2 12.2 279 34.7 42.5
    24 Gardner Minshew II, JAX -8.5 9.7 0.4 0.1 17.6 284 39.6 41.7
    25 Baker Mayfield, CLE -8.5 3.4 3.5 0.4 13.9 248 38.2 39.4
    26 Sam Darnold, NYJ -8.7 1.3 -3.1 1.3 2.8 127 27.4 39.3
    27 Jared Goff, LAR -12.0 18.6 -5.3 0.3 18.5 338 37.7 38.7
    28 Andy Dalton, CIN -15.7 5.0 0.7 1.6 15.0 346 34.5 38.3
    29 Josh Allen, BUF -10.2 7.1 1.3 -0.4 15.0 265 36.7 37.1
    30 Mitchell Trubisky, CHI -10.4 2.4 -0.9 0.9 6.9 193 31.8 34.2
    RK PLAYER PTS ADDED PASS RUN PENALTY TOTAL EPA QB PLAYS RAW QBR TOTAL QBR
    31 Marcus Mariota, TEN -12.9 -5.3 1.5 1.7 8.1 226 30.8 32.0
    32 Josh Rosen, MIA -13.7 -6.3 -0.2 1.4 -0.2 136 19.4 18.8
    Glossary
    • * Season Leaders: On pace for 320 action
  • Lots of “blind” Browns fans. OBJ was a huge reason why we beat Baltimore. 
    stats aren’t everything.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Lots of “blind” Browns fans. OBJ was a huge reason why we beat Baltimore. 
    stats aren’t everything.

    so far he is a bust....we had better continuity last yr with our wr's by a long shot....there is no way we should have screwed with the chemistry we had last yr judging by the way we finished....we are now in regression mode....and as far as hunt goes...trade him....please trade him for some playmakers on defense....maybe starting with that kid from ohio state...he is a beast........

  • He's the 3rd highest paid WR in the NFL....and he's 26th in yards, 37th in receptions and has 1 TD. 

    Oh, and he's a constant distraction with his petulant child routine. 

    I was trying to be patient, but I'm not so sure this was a wise move by Dorsey. 

    @icecube said:

    He's the 3rd highest paid WR in the NFL....

    Oh, and he's a constant distraction with his petulant child routine. 

    @icecube said:

    PLUS, being a daily distraction, throwing tantrums like a baby? Sounds perfect. 

    @icecube said:

    But watch. It won't end: He will find some way to draw attention to himself, and usually paint himself as the poor victim.   

    @icecube said:

    Is he? Illustrate how. 

            OBJ has been down many of these dirty media roads before...He just went through it, with the bigger NY media market with "The Eli Sucks"... In both markets you will get nothing from his teammates but OBJ is a great locker room Stand up guy..Yet another example ^^^  and just because it's our Rambo/Rocky week in Russia West... 

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Lots of “blind” Browns fans. OBJ was a huge reason why we beat Baltimore. 
    stats aren’t everything.

    So you're OK with a WR making $17 mill a year being 37 in receptions and posting 1 TD? OK, there. 

    PLUS, being a daily distraction, throwing tantrums like a baby? Sounds perfect. 

    @icecube said:

    So you're OK with a WR making $17 mill a year being 37 in receptions and posting 1 TD? OK, there. 

    PLUS, being a daily distraction, throwing tantrums like a baby? Sounds perfect. 

    Which is the same reason why I think Myles Garrett is OVERRATED!.. He does not dominate games like you would expect a "Generational" player does.. His sacks are like token garbage time sacks.. They have 0 affect on the games.. But now 20 people will jump all over me and tell I'm nuts.. So be it!

  • @icecube said:

    So you're OK with a WR making $17 mill a year being 37 in receptions and posting 1 TD? OK, there. 

    PLUS, being a daily distraction, throwing tantrums like a baby? Sounds perfect. 

    Which is the same reason why I think Myles Garrett is OVERRATED!.. He does not dominate games like you would expect a "Generational" player does.. His sacks are like token garbage time sacks.. They have 0 affect on the games.. But now 20 people will jump all over me and tell I'm nuts.. So be it!

    @nickers said:

    Which is the same reason why I think Myles Garrett is OVERRATED!.. He does not dominate games like you would expect a "Generational" player does.. His sacks are like token garbage time sacks.. They have 0 affect on the games.. But now 20 people will jump all over me and tell I'm nuts.. So be it!

    You are probably nuts....but not necessarily about this.  I think I agree somewhat.  But, I also think it changes here in the last half of the season. Garrett will begin to dominate games.    I mean, it is has been tough to dominate against  Brady, Russell etc.....and teams that have gone 8-0 and 8-0 and 6-2 and etc. Now they go against lesser lights.  I mean Garrett, and the Browns now have to start beating the bums on their schedule coming up. 

  • @icecube said:

    So you're OK with a WR making $17 mill a year being 37 in receptions and posting 1 TD? OK, there. 

    PLUS, being a daily distraction, throwing tantrums like a baby? Sounds perfect. 

    Which is the same reason why I think Myles Garrett is OVERRATED!.. He does not dominate games like you would expect a "Generational" player does.. His sacks are like token garbage time sacks.. They have 0 affect on the games.. But now 20 people will jump all over me and tell I'm nuts.. So be it!

    @nickers said:

    Which is the same reason why I think Myles Garrett is OVERRATED!.. He does not dominate games like you would expect a "Generational" player does.. His sacks are like token garbage time sacks.. They have 0 affect on the games.. But now 20 people will jump all over me and tell I'm nuts.. So be it!

    At least you are consistent in your poor football knowledge... ?

  • @icecube said:

    So you're OK with a WR making $17 mill a year being 37 in receptions and posting 1 TD? OK, there. 

    PLUS, being a daily distraction, throwing tantrums like a baby? Sounds perfect. 

    I’m aware that OBJ’s lack of production isn’t on him. Maybe partially, but this is an overreaction. He’s a top WR, in the world.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I’m aware that OBJ’s lack of production isn’t on him. Maybe partially, but this is an overreaction. He’s a top WR, in the world.

    Just not in Cleveland.?

  • @icecube said:

    So you're OK with a WR making $17 mill a year being 37 in receptions and posting 1 TD? OK, there. 

    PLUS, being a daily distraction, throwing tantrums like a baby? Sounds perfect. 

    Which is the same reason why I think Myles Garrett is OVERRATED!.. He does not dominate games like you would expect a "Generational" player does.. His sacks are like token garbage time sacks.. They have 0 affect on the games.. But now 20 people will jump all over me and tell I'm nuts.. So be it!

    @nickers said:

    Which is the same reason why I think Myles Garrett is OVERRATED!.. He does not dominate games like you would expect a "Generational" player does.. His sacks are like token garbage time sacks.. They have 0 affect on the games.. But now 20 people will jump all over me and tell I'm nuts.. So be it!

    I don't think you're crazy, as I made a very similar statement earlier. We differ a bit in that I don't believe Myles is overrated per say, but I want "game changing plays" from him and our other stars. What do I mean? When we're in a one score game and we need a stop... I want a forced fumble. A big sack. A deflected pass...SOMETHING.

    To be fair to Myles, he actually HAS done this twice. In natural Browns fashion we screwed it up twice, but what can you do? Last year against the Steelers he hit Ben and caused the late INT. Genard Avery SHOULD have made the game winning block but he didn't see the opposition and one guy pushed Schobert out. What did Myles do then? He had the absolute worst block in the back penalty I've ever seen and we had to take a much longer FG which of course got blocked. Myles had another one against the Rams, but again, we blew it (ugh! Lol). 

    Myles is my favorite player, but dang...I sure would like him to get that ball out more. Oh, and I just remembered something. Remember when Myles scored that touchdown against the Bears but Nassib was inexplicably lined up offsides?! My God we can't do anything right sometimes. LMFAO 

    I think your point, and the point of many others, is that our playmakers need to start making plays. I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised tomorrow. 

  • @nickers said:

    Which is the same reason why I think Myles Garrett is OVERRATED!.. He does not dominate games like you would expect a "Generational" player does.. His sacks are like token garbage time sacks.. They have 0 affect on the games.. But now 20 people will jump all over me and tell I'm nuts.. So be it!

    I don't think you're crazy, as I made a very similar statement earlier. We differ a bit in that I don't believe Myles is overrated per say, but I want "game changing plays" from him and our other stars. What do I mean? When we're in a one score game and we need a stop... I want a forced fumble. A big sack. A deflected pass...SOMETHING.

    To be fair to Myles, he actually HAS done this twice. In natural Browns fashion we screwed it up twice, but what can you do? Last year against the Steelers he hit Ben and caused the late INT. Genard Avery SHOULD have made the game winning block but he didn't see the opposition and one guy pushed Schobert out. What did Myles do then? He had the absolute worst block in the back penalty I've ever seen and we had to take a much longer FG which of course got blocked. Myles had another one against the Rams, but again, we blew it (ugh! Lol). 

    Myles is my favorite player, but dang...I sure would like him to get that ball out more. Oh, and I just remembered something. Remember when Myles scored that touchdown against the Bears but Nassib was inexplicably lined up offsides?! My God we can't do anything right sometimes. LMFAO 

    I think your point, and the point of many others, is that our playmakers need to start making plays. I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised tomorrow. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I don't think you're crazy, as I made a very similar statement earlier. We differ a bit in that I don't believe Myles is overrated per say, but I want "game changing plays" from him and our other stars. What do I mean? When we're in a one score game and we need a stop... I want a forced fumble. A big sack. A deflected pass...SOMETHING.

    To be fair to Myles, he actually HAS done this twice. In natural Browns fashion we screwed it up twice, but what can you do? Last year against the Steelers he hit Ben and caused the late INT. Genard Avery SHOULD have made the game winning block but he didn't see the opposition and one guy pushed Schobert out. What did Myles do then? He had the absolute worst block in the back penalty I've ever seen and we had to take a much longer FG which of course got blocked. Myles had another one against the Rams, but again, we blew it (ugh! Lol). 

    Myles is my favorite player, but dang...I sure would like him to get that ball out more. Oh, and I just remembered something. Remember when Myles scored that touchdown against the Bears but Nassib was inexplicably lined up offsides?! My God we can't do anything right sometimes. LMFAO 

    I think your point, and the point of many others, is that our playmakers need to start making plays. I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised tomorrow. 

    I'll be waiting!

  • @nickers said:

    Which is the same reason why I think Myles Garrett is OVERRATED!.. He does not dominate games like you would expect a "Generational" player does.. His sacks are like token garbage time sacks.. They have 0 affect on the games.. But now 20 people will jump all over me and tell I'm nuts.. So be it!

    At least you are consistent in your poor football knowledge... ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    At least you are consistent in your poor football knowledge... ?

    You never struck me as being the sharpest knife in the drawer... So there's that!

  • @dutch-oven said:

    At least you are consistent in your poor football knowledge... ?

    You never struck me as being the sharpest knife in the drawer... So there's that!

    @nickers said:

    You never struck me as being the sharpest knife in the drawer... So there's that!

    Oh please... I could get a lobotomy and still run circles around you intellectually... ?

  • @nickers said:

    You never struck me as being the sharpest knife in the drawer... So there's that!

    Oh please... I could get a lobotomy and still run circles around you intellectually... ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh please... I could get a lobotomy and still run circles around you intellectually... ?

    I doubt it , Homer!

  • OBJ is a world class receiver, Kitchens isn’t using him effectively.  The offense lacks identity, they should design it around Chubb then use play action which will get OBJ the ball. Right now the offense is just a lot of experimentation (with some good play design occasionally), the problem is if they don’t start winning Freddie won’t have the opportunity to perfect it. 

  • The money paid is 100% on the owner. Nobody threatened or put a gun to Haslams head in order to get the money. Right now, Jimmy Haslam is the sole reasonOBJ is getting paid the big bucks.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Oh please... I could get a lobotomy and still run circles around you intellectually... ?

    I doubt it , Homer!

    @nickers said:

    I doubt it , Homer!

    It's great to see you 2 sick bastards still going at it... 

  • He's the 3rd highest paid WR in the NFL....and he's 26th in yards, 37th in receptions and has 1 TD. 

    Oh, and he's a constant distraction with his petulant child routine. 

    I was trying to be patient, but I'm not so sure this was a wise move by Dorsey. 

    @icecube said:

    He's the 3rd highest paid WR in the NFL....and he's 26th in yards, 37th in receptions and has 1 TD. 

    Oh, and he's a constant distraction with his petulant child routine. 

    I was trying to be patient, but I'm not so sure this was a wise move by Dorsey. 

    The subject heading and post is TRYING to be patient?  Why do I get the feeling you also really want to lead us directly into another Baker bash?    Your favorite ESPN daily talk show host (and Supervisor at work?) must really appreciate all your efforts in here. 

    Anyway, it was a GREAT move to sign him.  His position coach that developed him at LSU for super-stardom is the WR Coach for the Browns.  His college teammate/roommate  was also here at the time heavily endorsing this franchise to his buddy.  Think about that.  A well respected veteran in the league )Jarvis Landry) came to Cleveland AND LOVED being here.  We're not really missing Dwayne Bowe and Kenny Brat are we?  

    Back to the college position coach being here.  Find me a WR tandem in this league that blocks better on the perimeter despite their combined Pro Bowls from receiving numbers attained. I'll save you the time - there isn't one like it or not.  That's not I-B4-Team that's Team-B4-I.  Drawing double teams to free up others is more Team-B4-I.  He's had some back shoulder drops and and a couple other drops on high passes that I could understand some frustration about.  

    I think what's making more nervous here is the maturation unfolding without any complaints about the current situation.  He's done everything that's been asked of him at a high level.   He's drawn double coverage to make life easier on teammates; but I suppose you want us to blame him for Calloway's suspension and Higgins' injury preventing us from capitalizing on it. Or wait - you want us to give Baker a lot of the credit for not threading the needle in double coverage. Gee, we didn't see that one coming... ?

    There's 9 games left that don't include: the 49ers, Rams, Pa-try-its or Seahawks again.  We're getting people back healthy on the perimeter and when/if they start making opponents pay for the attentions given to OBJ - that'll help.  We even get our 1st round TE back for the final 5 games to improve the dynamics even more.  While we're at it, Kareem Hunt catching passes out of the backfield also improves our pass game dynamics out there.

    Do you remember how many games this team won in 2016 and 2017?  1 out of 32 games, which conveniently gets forgotten in the ways someone has tutored you to view Baker Mayfield so you can join him in reminding Cleveland how much better Sam Darnold continues to be. The Jets passing game is absolutely slaying it this year... Both OBJ and Baker have put enough on film to show people what's possible if an Offense isn't coordinated by Hee Haw or Jeff Foxworthy punchlines...  We've had 3 different Offensive Coordinators in Baker's first 14 starts, which means we might be giving the worst OC Baker has had the longest tenure of all as the beneficiary.  We also lost the line coach and QB coach after 1 of the most enjoyable seasons we've had in a while.Make sense?  It shouldn't.  While I GET the frustration of losing in here - jumping on 1 inevitable symptom or 2 and pretending it's the entire problem is as wrong as a bird flying head first into a window (unless it's a Ratbird).

  • Obj is famous for the 1 handed catch....I really cant think of anything else he has done.

  • Obj is famous for the 1 handed catch....I really cant think of anything else he has done.

    @kvoethe said:

    Obj is famous for the 1 handed catch....I really cant think of anything else he has done.

    If we're just going to hand off/pitch it to him or ask him to throw the ball in lieu of throwing it to him - it's a waste of time.  Is that what the 49ers did with Rice 4-5 years into his career or did they tap the goodies he was born to showcase?

    That last play on offense epitomized where this team is going under Freddie and/or Monken.

    Meanwhile, it isn't like money well spent on our defensive line. Every week the outside contain gets sizzled, then they adjust and the shortage of LBers on the field showcases the vulnerability of the LBers.  And for the of God, who in this organization thinks #35 is worthy of active roster, let alone starting job.  Anyone remember the quality we used to have at the Safety positions in the 80s and 90s?  Tackling has been a lost art here at the back end while all I kept hearing during training camp was how great this defensive front was making our entire defense.  Was it really that or was it a sign of things to come about how disappointing this offense is being Coordinated by Dumb and Dumber.

    I read countless times last year how awful Jamie Collins was and he goes back to NE and playing like their Defensive MVP (with the exception of last night).

    There's a lot of players coming off promising football prior to this year that just woke up BAD football players in 2019?  Is that what happened with OBJ or Baker? They're just bad players and they'll never play good football again?  Or, are they just inevitable symptoms of a bigger problem?  Talks shows don't want to bigger picture what's really wrong in Cleveland.  They want it to be either Baker or OBJ so by all means feed the ratings of those hacks like the guy who started this thread always does. 

  • Obj is famous for the 1 handed catch....I really cant think of anything else he has done.

    @kvoethe said:

    Obj is famous for the 1 handed catch....I really cant think of anything else he has done.

    OBJ's spin move on Chris Harris was absolutely freakish sick..Harris's jock was laying on the turf..More the reason, why Freddie/Baker should award the guy as first read on the bomb he had Harris beat on again.. but hey, trust your eyes ?