Skip to content

Disappointed but not Meltdown

The Browns Board
10 7 554 1
  • A AP1 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    This season has been disappointing so far and while I don't blame anyone for melting down because of how attached we get to the Browns I'd like to take inventory of our situation.

    1) Freddie shouldn't be fired because nobody in their right mind would come to a franchise that has has nine formal head coaches and two interim head coaches in the last 20 seasons. Freddie needs to be made to hire an OC. As bone-headed as it's been, I believe it's best to let this play out. He/They could do nothing but fail given the expectations that were set plus the publicity. Honestly, what the hell have we got to lose?

    2) Plaster me all you want, but I believe Baker Mayfield gives this franchise it's best shot to win at QB since Bernie. We've tried the QB thing, only 24-25 other times the last two decades. Much like the head coach situation, burning through them hasn't exactly worked. Last year he lived by gambles, this year he's died by gambles. 

    3) I do believe they are heading towards some difficult/maybe not decisions about where to out money. Too much money is tied up in skill positions and not enough is budgeted for the OL. I expect that will change. They need to place priority picks on offensive linemen. 

    4) I live in Colt's Country so that's my media market/sports talk radio exposure. Denzel Ward is looking like Bob Sanders. He can make an impact in the field when he's not hurt, but he always hurt.

    5) A first year coach and a team if personal brands can make things difficult. A year ago Indianapolis was 1-5 and people were questioning Frank Reich and Chris Ballard.

    I believe the Brownies will turn this around. This, too, shall pass.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I am disappointed because Freddie... Supposedly coming from the Parcells/Saban school of Football shows literally no discipline for this team..... He needs to stop blaring the music at practice and start holding these Clowns like Baker,OBJ and anyone else whose skating by accountable... The inmates running the Asylum is getting old.. One thing is consistent... The narrative has been the same for the Clowns.. They always "need to get better".. They always. "Need to make tackles".. When does this shit end with them..??

  • CoachToadC CoachToad wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Well said AP1.  It's a process. Everyone needs to take a deep breathe. 

  • I am disappointed because Freddie... Supposedly coming from the Parcells/Saban school of Football shows literally no discipline for this team..... He needs to stop blaring the music at practice and start holding these Clowns like Baker,OBJ and anyone else whose skating by accountable... The inmates running the Asylum is getting old.. One thing is consistent... The narrative has been the same for the Clowns.. They always "need to get better".. They always. "Need to make tackles".. When does this shit end with them..??

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @nickers said:

    I am disappointed because Freddie... Supposedly coming from the Parcells/Saban school of Football shows literally no discipline for this team..... He needs to stop blaring the music at practice and start holding these Clowns like Baker,OBJ and anyone else whose skating by accountable... The inmates running the Asylum is getting old.. One thing is consistent... The narrative has been the same for the Clowns.. They always "need to get better".. They always. "Need to make tackles".. When does this shit end with them..??

    Don't forget the "I don't coach penalties.  I don't know where they're coming from."

    I've heard him say that crap at least three times this year and I've about had it.  I realize Freddie isn't the one committing the penalties, but damn bro...come up with something better than that lame line.

  • A AP1

    This season has been disappointing so far and while I don't blame anyone for melting down because of how attached we get to the Browns I'd like to take inventory of our situation.

    1) Freddie shouldn't be fired because nobody in their right mind would come to a franchise that has has nine formal head coaches and two interim head coaches in the last 20 seasons. Freddie needs to be made to hire an OC. As bone-headed as it's been, I believe it's best to let this play out. He/They could do nothing but fail given the expectations that were set plus the publicity. Honestly, what the hell have we got to lose?

    2) Plaster me all you want, but I believe Baker Mayfield gives this franchise it's best shot to win at QB since Bernie. We've tried the QB thing, only 24-25 other times the last two decades. Much like the head coach situation, burning through them hasn't exactly worked. Last year he lived by gambles, this year he's died by gambles. 

    3) I do believe they are heading towards some difficult/maybe not decisions about where to out money. Too much money is tied up in skill positions and not enough is budgeted for the OL. I expect that will change. They need to place priority picks on offensive linemen. 

    4) I live in Colt's Country so that's my media market/sports talk radio exposure. Denzel Ward is looking like Bob Sanders. He can make an impact in the field when he's not hurt, but he always hurt.

    5) A first year coach and a team if personal brands can make things difficult. A year ago Indianapolis was 1-5 and people were questioning Frank Reich and Chris Ballard.

    I believe the Brownies will turn this around. This, too, shall pass.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @ap1 said:

    This season has been disappointing so far and while I don't blame anyone for melting down because of how attached we get to the Browns I'd like to take inventory of our situation.

    1) Freddie shouldn't be fired because nobody in their right mind would come to a franchise that has has nine formal head coaches and two interim head coaches in the last 20 seasons. Freddie needs to be made to hire an OC. As bone-headed as it's been, I believe it's best to let this play out. He/They could do nothing but fail given the expectations that were set plus the publicity. Honestly, what the hell have we got to lose?

    2) Plaster me all you want, but I believe Baker Mayfield gives this franchise it's best shot to win at QB since Bernie. We've tried the QB thing, only 24-25 other times the last two decades. Much like the head coach situation, burning through them hasn't exactly worked. Last year he lived by gambles, this year he's died by gambles. 

    3) I do believe they are heading towards some difficult/maybe not decisions about where to out money. Too much money is tied up in skill positions and not enough is budgeted for the OL. I expect that will change. They need to place priority picks on offensive linemen. 

    4) I live in Colt's Country so that's my media market/sports talk radio exposure. Denzel Ward is looking like Bob Sanders. He can make an impact in the field when he's not hurt, but he always hurt.

    5) A first year coach and a team if personal brands can make things difficult. A year ago Indianapolis was 1-5 and people were questioning Frank Reich and Chris Ballard.

    I believe the Brownies will turn this around. This, too, shall pass.

    the best point you made is the skilled positions....i would trade hunt for sure...we don't need another skilled player for christs sake...we need ol and d playmakers.....jeez....

  • I am disappointed because Freddie... Supposedly coming from the Parcells/Saban school of Football shows literally no discipline for this team..... He needs to stop blaring the music at practice and start holding these Clowns like Baker,OBJ and anyone else whose skating by accountable... The inmates running the Asylum is getting old.. One thing is consistent... The narrative has been the same for the Clowns.. They always "need to get better".. They always. "Need to make tackles".. When does this shit end with them..??

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @nickers said:

    I am disappointed because Freddie... Supposedly coming from the Parcells/Saban school of Football shows literally no discipline for this team..... He needs to stop blaring the music at practice and start holding these Clowns like Baker,OBJ and anyone else whose skating by accountable... The inmates running the Asylum is getting old.. One thing is consistent... The narrative has been the same for the Clowns.. They always "need to get better".. They always. "Need to make tackles".. When does this shit end with them..??

    i'm with you hundred percent...it is the coaches responsibility for all the shit you mentioned....you know what...do what the pats do...the players that are chronic at penalties, either bench them or cut them....find someone else....sick of we need to get better slogan too...what a bunch of bullshit...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #7

    No melt down here.... thank God...

    I'm having issues enough with feeling "let down"...

  • No melt down here.... thank God...

    I'm having issues enough with feeling "let down"...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @tour2ma said:

    No melt down here.... thank God...

    I'm having issues enough with feeling "let down"...

    And I was being admitted for a 4 day stay in the VA hospital just before the ko. Thank goodness I didn't see it. I might still be there.??

  • CoachToadC CoachToad wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I hope you are feeling better soon Texas. Thanks for your service. 

  • I hope you are feeling better soon Texas. Thanks for your service. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @coachtoad said:

    I hope you are feeling better soon Texas. Thanks for your service. 

    Thanks. And I am feeling well enough to try racquetball Friday. Tomorrow would be a little bit too early.