Skip to content

▪︎ Share some of your favorite things about the $tate of ​​​​​​​OHIO ?

Pinned Barber Shop Talk
167 19 9.9k 1
  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You're from Youngstown, that explains it!?

    ive been away since 1972 - is youngstown the new Parma?  or worse?

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by DieHardBrownsFan
    #93

    @fairhooker11 said:

    ive been away since 1972 - is youngstown the new Parma?  or worse?

    Parma is pretty cool.  Youngstown is dead.  But not as bad as Barberton.

  • @fairhooker11 said:

    ive been away since 1972 - is youngstown the new Parma?  or worse?

    Parma is pretty cool.  Youngstown is dead.  But not as bad as Barberton.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #94

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Parma is pretty cool.  Youngstown is dead.  But not as bad as Barberton.

    Have you even been to Barberton?  Why do I seriously doubt it. 

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Parma is pretty cool.  Youngstown is dead.  But not as bad as Barberton.

    Have you even been to Barberton?  Why do I seriously doubt it. 

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @the-gipper said:

    Have you even been to Barberton?  Why do I seriously doubt it. 

    I worked for awhile with a retired cop from Barberton.  He told me all kinds of stories about it.  GHETTO.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Have you even been to Barberton?  Why do I seriously doubt it. 

    I worked for awhile with a retired cop from Barberton.  He told me all kinds of stories about it.  GHETTO.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I worked for awhile with a retired cop from Barberton.  He told me all kinds of stories about it.  GHETTO.

     Well, I have worked with cops, judges, lawyers, mayors, councilmen, business owners and every sort of person you can think of from Barberton.   I had an office in the center of Barberton for  25 years.  Its a working class town..and has had its hard times .like so many others in this area.  Pretty much due to Reaganomics.   Not a ghetto. I don't know if you know what a ghetto is is you call Barberton a ghetto. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #97

    By the way, mjp puts  lot of lottery info on here.    Someone just won a Million dollars on a $5.00 scratch off apparently that he/she bought at the downtown Wadsworth Marathon station.  Just a few blocks away really. 

    It wasn't me.   If I had we'd a had a party. 

  • You or I might not ever see some winning numbers like these on one page again.  $1,750,000,140,000 whew !

    But then I'd be ok with a lot of other tickets out there too.    😉

    Screenshot_2021-01-26_222817.jpg

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @mjp28 said:

    You or I might not ever see some winning numbers like these on one page again.  $1,750,000,140,000 whew !

    But then I'd be ok with a lot of other tickets out there too.    😉

    Screenshot_2021-01-26_222817.jpg

    Has it ever been publicized who did win these huge jackpots? 

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #99

    cedar point and kings island

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    May be an image of text that says 'UNNY How DRINKING 8 CUPS OF WATER A DAY SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE BuT 8 BEERS SHOTS IN TWO HOURS GC DOWN LIKE A FAT KID ON A SEE SAW'

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Well on this date in History in 1886 Ohio made it illegal for men 18 or over in positions of teaching or instruction of women to seduce women under their charge for such activities. the penalty for having intercourse with these women regardless of their age was 2-10 years in prison. Now we know where government oppression started.? ?‍?

    PS-some women used this threat to force marriage on their "oppressor".

  • Cuyahoga county is hardly a ghetto.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Cuyahoga county is hardly a ghetto.

     I think they mean cleveland had East Cleveland

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, it has been eclipsed by other songs.  

    But you do know that it was written by Jim Steinum, who wrote most of Meatloaf's stuff.   I guess it could have been a Meatloaf song, but perhaps they all thought it would be better if  a chick sang it. 

    meatloaf is a joke unless you can make a spiral one in the oven

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @atom said:

    meatloaf is a joke unless you can make a spiral one in the oven

    Meat loaf was great. Heartbreaking he can't sing anymore.

    WSS

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    Fatheads JAFB   Rhinegeist, even Great Lakes and The Brew Kettle  Ohio breweries making some of the best beer in the country.

    WSS

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Saturday afternoon......

    (CNN) A winning jackpot ticket worth an estimated $515 million was sold in Pennsylvania, Mega Millions announced in a statement following Friday's drawing.

    The winning numbers were 6-9-17-18-48, with 8 as the Mega Ball.
    The jackpot won in Pennsylvania is the highest amount won in the state since it became a Mega Millions participant in 2010.
    The amount was the ninth-largest in Mega Millions history and the largest the game has ever awarded in the month of May, according to the statement.
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2021/05/akrons-hoppin-frog-brewery-wins-4-international-medals.html?outputType=amp

     Back to the Ohio breweries Fred's been a friend of mine for a long long time.

    WSS

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2021/05/akrons-hoppin-frog-brewery-wins-4-international-medals.html?outputType=amp

     Back to the Ohio breweries Fred's been a friend of mine for a long long time.

    WSS

    Interesting article.

    The competition, founded in 1987, attracted more than 2,600 entries from 402 breweries in 26 countries. Judging was blind. (Here’s the list by category.)

    Hoppin’ Frog Brewery is at 1680 East Waterloo Road, Akron.

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2021/05/akrons-hoppin-frog-brewery-wins-4-international-medals.html?outputType=amp

     Back to the Ohio breweries Fred's been a friend of mine for a long long time.

    WSS

    Interesting article.

    The competition, founded in 1987, attracted more than 2,600 entries from 402 breweries in 26 countries. Judging was blind. (Here’s the list by category.)

    Hoppin’ Frog Brewery is at 1680 East Waterloo Road, Akron.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Interesting article.

    The competition, founded in 1987, attracted more than 2,600 entries from 402 breweries in 26 countries. Judging was blind. (Here’s the list by category.)

    Hoppin’ Frog Brewery is at 1680 East Waterloo Road, Akron.

     We met Fred many years ago when there was a chain of thirsty dog brewpubs and he was the brewmaster for all of them. There was some financial mismanagement and the chain went down that he bought a bunch of the brewing equipment and carried on as the hoppin frog. Thirsty dog has revived itself in Akron.

     His specialty is double and triple strength starts strong ales and even a burly wine. He prefers not to make the Northwestern IPA style that I really like.

    WSS

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    No word yet on the $515M powerball winning ticket in Pennsylvania.  Since they publish your name there some get a lawyer and set up a trust to protect yourself, smart move. And always sign the ticket in ink immediately in black ink and store it in a safe place. Tell nobody !

    Meanwhile in Ohio and what NOT to do in Florida.........

    Even after matching all six numbers, I was in disbelief and took my ticket to a retailer to have it checked,” Thomas Yi said. “The clerk at the counter instantly became excited and kept repeating that I had won the $235 million Powerball jackpot. I knew then that this would be life changing.”

    Screenshot_2021-06-07_085324.jpg

    The Akron Rd.  Speedway  is  only about a mile away from my house.  

    But it wasn't me who won.  DAMN!!

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    No word yet on the $515M powerball winning ticket in Pennsylvania.  Since they publish your name there some get a lawyer and set up a trust to protect yourself, smart move. And always sign the ticket in ink immediately in black ink and store it in a safe place. Tell nobody !

    Meanwhile in Ohio and what NOT to do in Florida.........

    Even after matching all six numbers, I was in disbelief and took my ticket to a retailer to have it checked,” Thomas Yi said. “The clerk at the counter instantly became excited and kept repeating that I had won the $235 million Powerball jackpot. I knew then that this would be life changing.”

    Screenshot_2021-06-07_085324.jpg

    I remember when the lottery first started in the 70's.  The jackpot was much smaller then.  I came within one number of winning one million.  

  • @mjp28 said:

    No word yet on the $515M powerball winning ticket in Pennsylvania.  Since they publish your name there some get a lawyer and set up a trust to protect yourself, smart move. And always sign the ticket in ink immediately in black ink and store it in a safe place. Tell nobody !

    Meanwhile in Ohio and what NOT to do in Florida.........

    Even after matching all six numbers, I was in disbelief and took my ticket to a retailer to have it checked,” Thomas Yi said. “The clerk at the counter instantly became excited and kept repeating that I had won the $235 million Powerball jackpot. I knew then that this would be life changing.”

    Screenshot_2021-06-07_085324.jpg

    I remember when the lottery first started in the 70's.  The jackpot was much smaller then.  I came within one number of winning one million.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I remember when the lottery first started in the 70's.  The jackpot was much smaller then.  I came within one number of winning one million.  

    My father in law  got  5 of the 6 numbers.  With all 6 it would have been a minimum of  3 million.  As it was, I think he won  $1500. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    No word yet on the $515M powerball winning ticket in Pennsylvania.  Since they publish your name there some get a lawyer and set up a trust to protect yourself, smart move. And always sign the ticket in ink immediately in black ink and store it in a safe place. Tell nobody !

    Meanwhile in Ohio and what NOT to do in Florida.........

    Even after matching all six numbers, I was in disbelief and took my ticket to a retailer to have it checked,” Thomas Yi said. “The clerk at the counter instantly became excited and kept repeating that I had won the $235 million Powerball jackpot. I knew then that this would be life changing.”

    Screenshot_2021-06-07_085324.jpg

    I remember when the lottery first started in the 70's.  The jackpot was much smaller then.  I came within one number of winning one million.  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I remember when the lottery first started in the 70's.  The jackpot was much smaller then.  I came within one number of winning one million.  

    Oh yes I remember the Buckeye 300 with a grand prize of $300,000 a big deal back then.

    The current race between the mega millions and the powerball is now designed to hit ? a $1 Billion and it has done that.  Money.