Skip to content

Genard Avery Traded

The Browns Board
28 18 728
  • I have to hope he's just stockpiling ammo for Williams

    But man, we had a good thing going last year. We were getting better. I'm starting to think we changed too much this time around. Too many flashy trades, making the RB Coach the HC, etc

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @mld-woody said:

    I have to hope he's just stockpiling ammo for Williams

    But man, we had a good thing going last year. We were getting better. I'm starting to think we changed too much this time around. Too many flashy trades, making the RB Coach the HC, etc

    Oddly similar to some of our personnel and coaching moves from 2014-2015.  

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Makes me wonder what kinda year Dorsey promised Jimmah???

    In the season of Sellers and Buyers... it appears we are both.

  • I have to hope he's just stockpiling ammo for Williams

    But man, we had a good thing going last year. We were getting better. I'm starting to think we changed too much this time around. Too many flashy trades, making the RB Coach the HC, etc

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @mld-woody said:

    I have to hope he's just stockpiling ammo for Williams

    But man, we had a good thing going last year. We were getting better. I'm starting to think we changed too much this time around. Too many flashy trades, making the RB Coach the HC, etc

    The Browns are just another team that "Won the Offseason" and floundered on the field. 

  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Avery was simply a victim of Wilke's scheme. Rather than make him inactive for most of the games, they traded him. He was actually a better fit for Gregg Williams scheme as are cornerbacks Ward and Greedy.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #20

    We should have kept Williams. 

  • We should have kept Williams. 

    hish747H hish747 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @poeticg said:

    We should have kept Williams. 

    Yep. Success was staring us in the face and we turned a blind eye.

  • We should have kept Williams. 

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @poeticg said:

    We should have kept Williams. 

    Like Cam says, hindsight is 50/50

    I am absolutely curious about how this offense (or any offense) would look w/ Saquon and Lamar.

  • @poeticg said:

    We should have kept Williams. 

    Like Cam says, hindsight is 50/50

    I am absolutely curious about how this offense (or any offense) would look w/ Saquon and Lamar.

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @sd_tom said:

    Like Cam says, hindsight is 50/50

    I am absolutely curious about how this offense (or any offense) would look w/ Saquon and Lamar.

    smh.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Schwartz will find a place for Avery. Plays a 4-3 with almost 2 OLB'ers & a middle..Avery is already listed as OLB#2 on most depth charts..Might need some work getting off blocks, but hope to see Avery will be seeing some playing time..Good Luck Genard !!

  • Makes me wonder what kinda year Dorsey promised Jimmah???

    In the season of Sellers and Buyers... it appears we are both.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @tour2ma said:

    Makes me wonder what kinda year Dorsey promised Jimmah???

    In the season of Sellers and Buyers... it appears we are both.

    Ah Tour, think part of it was just  clearing  a roster  spot for  Hunt? Somebody  had to go  after the  Denver  game  regardless.

  • @poeticg said:

    We should have kept Williams. 

    Like Cam says, hindsight is 50/50

    I am absolutely curious about how this offense (or any offense) would look w/ Saquon and Lamar.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @sd_tom said:

    Like Cam says, hindsight is 50/50

    It may be, but prior to the decision this board was in Williams' corner more to the tune of 70:30 IIRC.

  • B Bigalow80 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Has anyone heard from Dorsey about the trade deadline deals? i would be curious as to what his reasoning was for shipping out two of his picks from last year so soon. Especially, Avery whom had a good rookie season. It surprises me that even he would give up that quickly. 

  • TypicalBrowns50T TypicalBrowns50 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    I’m glad he didn’t make a move. A 1st is too much for Williams. Redskins are dumbasses