Skip to content

WEEK 7 FINALE, MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL, Miami (+ a lot) at Pittsburgh, might be interesting after all.

The Browns Board
11 7 306
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    WEEK 7 FINALE, MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL, Miami (+14.5) at Pittsburgh, might be interesting after all.

    Miami +14.5 up 14-0 in the first quarter, hmmmmm.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Miami beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh would help soothe the loss suffered yesterday. 

    I guess that's where we are now, hoping to get some enjoyment from other's misery, since the Browns have been a dud so far. 

  • Miami beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh would help soothe the loss suffered yesterday. 

    I guess that's where we are now, hoping to get some enjoyment from other's misery, since the Browns have been a dud so far. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #3

    @dutch-oven said:

    Miami beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh would help soothe the loss suffered yesterday. 

    I guess that's where we are now, hoping to get some enjoyment from other's misery, since the Browns have been a dud so far. 

    Naturally.

    Some of these feature games that look like duds can  end up interesting.   GO DOLPHINS!

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Whoa the loyal fans BOOOOOOO the hometown heros.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Omg...the steeler forum is exploding...i had a few laughs for sure.  

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Man... I just watched the Dolphins call a defensive play on 3 and forever that would rival a few of Freddie’s calls.... man that was dumb..

  • Man... I just watched the Dolphins call a defensive play on 3 and forever that would rival a few of Freddie’s calls.... man that was dumb..

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #7

    @hx214 said:

    that would rival a few of Freddie’s calls

    RIVAL!!??   That was one of the dumbest calls I've ever seen in my life.

    Mrs. Wife is a Dolphins fan.   She shut the tv and went to bed.  

    About 22 seconds in the half, 3rd and 22 from the Dolphins 44ish.  The Miami DC called an all out blitz with 3 defenders playing way off the 3 receivers.   A slant goes for a TD.

  • @hx214 said:

    that would rival a few of Freddie’s calls

    RIVAL!!??   That was one of the dumbest calls I've ever seen in my life.

    Mrs. Wife is a Dolphins fan.   She shut the tv and went to bed.  

    About 22 seconds in the half, 3rd and 22 from the Dolphins 44ish.  The Miami DC called an all out blitz with 3 defenders playing way off the 3 receivers.   A slant goes for a TD.

    hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @orion said:

    RIVAL!!??   That was one of the dumbest calls I've ever seen in my life.

    Mrs. Wife is a Dolphins fan.   She shut the tv and went to bed.  

    About 22 seconds in the half, 3rd and 22 from the Dolphins 44ish.  The Miami DC called an all out blitz with 3 defenders playing way off the 3 receivers.   A slant goes for a TD.

    I don’t know, I saw Freddie call a draw play on 4th and 9 one time...

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Dolphins need to pull through, simply for the mental boost. 

  • @orion said:

    RIVAL!!??   That was one of the dumbest calls I've ever seen in my life.

    Mrs. Wife is a Dolphins fan.   She shut the tv and went to bed.  

    About 22 seconds in the half, 3rd and 22 from the Dolphins 44ish.  The Miami DC called an all out blitz with 3 defenders playing way off the 3 receivers.   A slant goes for a TD.

    I don’t know, I saw Freddie call a draw play on 4th and 9 one time...

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @hx214 said:

    I don’t know, I saw Freddie call a draw play on 4th and 9 one time...

    I didn't like that call....but at least it had a 'chance'.  He was trying to catch them backpedaling with a good RB.  (again, I didn't like the call)

    But this Dolphins call is dumb on many fronts.  He sent 8 guys.  And had his 3 defenders play man to man but 15 yards off the receivers!    With a blitz like that you've got to COVER the receivers near the LOS somewhere.  You can't let them have the whole field to run around wide open in!

  • B Buck The Frowns wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Steelers reverted to form by not wrapping up a Miami receiver and practically helping him into the end zone. They were taken to the woodshed in the first half by the worst team in football. They did win, but it was ugly and they should have won anyway.

    I will say that with the amount of talent they have lost in the last few years in various ways(Brown, Bell, James, Tuitt, Shazier, Roethlisberger), if they end up over .500 I’ll eat my hat and Tomlin is coach of the year. This would be the year to beat them, with their second and third string QBs playing. Will the Browns step up a notch or two?