Thanksgiving anecdotes
-
Give your Thanksgiving stories/photos...whatever here.....as it relates to the Browns or to football in general. For instance, I found this:
Why does this Patriots hat that TB is wearing while eating a turkey leg look like it has Browns colors?

-
Always and forever:

-

-
pumpkin pie - follow the recipe on the LIbby's pure pumpkin can - except add a 1/4 tsp more of your favorite spices, I don't like ginger, so I don't add more of that. And, depending, add a good bit more sugar, depending on how sweet you want it. It makes a pie so good, I can't stand much pumpkin pie bought anywhere, almost, or at any restaurant.
btw, we went to the Dutch Valley restaurant out in Amish country, near Sugarcreek? The coconut cream pie was ...
magnificent. Unbelievably awesome. The chocolate cream pie was ok, but the coconut cream pie was ...wow.
-
Do the Browns still give away free turkeys to rookies? That was always fun to read about
-
Buttermilk pie with a healthy dose of nutmeg sprinkled/baked on top. But I like the Libby's pumpkin pie cal mentioned as well. Cinnamon helps it a lot.?
-
Bob Evans Coconut Cream Pie. Bakers Square any kind of pie.
-
Do the Browns still give away free turkeys to rookies? That was always fun to read about
Do the Browns still give away free turkeys to rookies? That was always fun to read about
I don't know if the Browns still pull the Turkey prank:
Edit: Sorry, don't know why it came out like that on here. That is not the way it was on the link.
Turkey nicknameEdit
Turkey Jones was a defensive end for the Browns in the early 1970s. He earned his nickname during his rookie season at Thanksgiving. The veterans always played a trick on the rookies, sending them off to distantfarms to get "free turkeys" for the holiday. Jones never caught on, and continued the futile search for hours. The next year, the vets did it to the rookies, and Jones, again. That's how Turkey got hisnickname.[citation needed] Jones wasn't as gullible on the field, however. By the end of his rookie season, he had worked his way into the starting lineup, but a knee injury sidelined him in 1972. Cleveland traded him to the Philadelphia Eagles in 1974, but he was cut the next year, and he re-signed with Cleveland.
-
Do the Browns still give away free turkeys to rookies? That was always fun to read about
I don't know if the Browns still pull the Turkey prank:
Edit: Sorry, don't know why it came out like that on here. That is not the way it was on the link.
Turkey nicknameEdit
Turkey Jones was a defensive end for the Browns in the early 1970s. He earned his nickname during his rookie season at Thanksgiving. The veterans always played a trick on the rookies, sending them off to distantfarms to get "free turkeys" for the holiday. Jones never caught on, and continued the futile search for hours. The next year, the vets did it to the rookies, and Jones, again. That's how Turkey got hisnickname.[citation needed] Jones wasn't as gullible on the field, however. By the end of his rookie season, he had worked his way into the starting lineup, but a knee injury sidelined him in 1972. Cleveland traded him to the Philadelphia Eagles in 1974, but he was cut the next year, and he re-signed with Cleveland.
I don't know if the Browns still pull the Turkey prank:
Turkey nicknameEdit
Turkey Jones was a defensive end for the Browns in the early 1970s. He earned his nickname during his rookie season at Thanksgiving. The veterans always played a trick on the rookies, sending them off to distantfarms to get "free turkeys" for the holiday. Jones never caught on, and continued the futile search for hours. The next year, the vets did it to the rookies, and Jones, again. That's how Turkey got hisnickname.[citation needed] Jones wasn't as gullible on the field, however. By the end of his rookie season, he had worked his way into the starting lineup, but a knee injury sidelined him in 1972. Cleveland traded him to the Philadelphia Eagles in 1974, but he was cut the next year, and he re-signed with Cleveland.
Yep, forgot about that one. I keep a Wild Turkey in a bottle just in case someone should come looking. I don’t think even the fleetest of the Browns could run down the ones out back.
Plus it was a good way for the guys to bond as a team. Screw that putt putt or bowling.
-
-
When I think of Browns and Thanksgiving.
Sigh.

Chuck Heaton and Hal Lebovitz. Wow.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2016/11/3_times_browns_fans_had_thanks.html
-
When I think of Browns and Thanksgiving.
Sigh.

Chuck Heaton and Hal Lebovitz. Wow.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2016/11/3_times_browns_fans_had_thanks.html
When I think of Browns and Thanksgiving.
Sigh.

Chuck Heaton and Hal Lebovitz. Wow.
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2016/11/3_times_browns_fans_had_thanks.html
One game....63 years ago?
I personally have absolutely NO problem with the fact that the Browns have rarely ever played on Thanksgiving. It would always be an away game it seems in either Dallas or Detroit, and I think they have never won on T-day. So, to hell with the Browns playing on Thanksgiving.
https://dawgpounddaily.com/2017/11/23/cleveland-browns-thanksgiving-infrequent/
And....looking at that paper you posted....did Paul Brown name the Cincinnati Bengals after the Benedictine HS team? (Maybe Chuck Noll told him to do it that way)
-
Buttermilk pie with a healthy dose of nutmeg sprinkled/baked on top. But I like the Libby's pumpkin pie cal mentioned as well. Cinnamon helps it a lot.?
Buttermilk pie with a healthy dose of nutmeg sprinkled/baked on top. But I like the Libby's pumpkin pie cal mentioned as well. Cinnamon helps it a lot.?
??
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login