Skip to content

Goodbye Whitehead

The Browns Board
62 28 2.5k 1
  • Nothing like an idiot with a twitter account... JHC!

    @falcon7 said:

    Nothing like an idiot with a twitter account... JHC!

    Boy oh boy!  Love the subtlety.

  • I guess my question is:    Are you insulted by being called a "cracker". ..if you are white.     My reply to that would be  "Ritz or Saltine"?  

    In its original meaning, a cracker referred to the guys who whipped slaves to put them "in line".  I mean, those guys used those whips as their way of trying to assert dominance over others.  It seems anomalous that the victims of that practice would use that term as being derogatory toward their torturers.  So, I guess, I just don't get it how it is supposed to work as an insult. 

    I mean, I could see it as derogatory if you called an African-American a "crackee". But not the other.

    Its like "honky".   I don't really know what that is supposed to mean, nor why it should be considered derogatory. 

    Explain please. 

  • Accountability 101

  • I guess my question is:    Are you insulted by being called a "cracker". ..if you are white.     My reply to that would be  "Ritz or Saltine"?  

    In its original meaning, a cracker referred to the guys who whipped slaves to put them "in line".  I mean, those guys used those whips as their way of trying to assert dominance over others.  It seems anomalous that the victims of that practice would use that term as being derogatory toward their torturers.  So, I guess, I just don't get it how it is supposed to work as an insult. 

    I mean, I could see it as derogatory if you called an African-American a "crackee". But not the other.

    Its like "honky".   I don't really know what that is supposed to mean, nor why it should be considered derogatory. 

    Explain please. 

    @the-gipper said:

    I guess my question is:    Are you insulted by being called a "cracker". ..if you are white.     My reply to that would be  "Ritz or Saltine"?  

    In its original meaning, a cracker referred to the guys who whipped slaves to put them "in line".  I mean, those guys used those whips as their way of trying to assert dominance over others.  It seems anomalous that the victims of that practice would use that term as being derogatory toward their torturers.  So, I guess, I just don't get it how it is supposed to work as an insult. 

    I mean, I could see it as derogatory if you called an African-American a "crackee". But not the other.

    Its like "honky".   I don't really know what that is supposed to mean, nor why it should be considered derogatory. 

    Explain please. 

    He means it to be offensive so it should be taken as such. 

    Fuck this asshole I'm glad he's gone. 

  • @bbedward said:

    Whitehead sucks anyway, losing him will make us better. Fully expect the browns to cut him tomorrow.

    Does that girly try to tackle him count?  

    @hoorta said:

    Does that girly try to tackle him count?  

    What does 3 girly tackles on one play mean?   Is stupidity contagious?

    33847414_181545769349305_3268033765053562880_n (1).jpg

  • His threats he should be arrested a normal everyday person would be!

  • @the-gipper said:

    I guess my question is:    Are you insulted by being called a "cracker". ..if you are white.     My reply to that would be  "Ritz or Saltine"?  

    In its original meaning, a cracker referred to the guys who whipped slaves to put them "in line".  I mean, those guys used those whips as their way of trying to assert dominance over others.  It seems anomalous that the victims of that practice would use that term as being derogatory toward their torturers.  So, I guess, I just don't get it how it is supposed to work as an insult. 

    I mean, I could see it as derogatory if you called an African-American a "crackee". But not the other.

    Its like "honky".   I don't really know what that is supposed to mean, nor why it should be considered derogatory. 

    Explain please. 

    He means it to be offensive so it should be taken as such. 

    Fuck this asshole I'm glad he's gone. 

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    He means it to be offensive so it should be taken as such. 

    I don't know about that.   I, you, anyone could make a statement about someone that they wholly believe to NOT be offensive, yet, someone may in fact take offense.  Is it then offensive, if there was no intent to be?

    And likewise, if someone means offense, but you take none, is it then offensive?

    I mean, if I were to say that your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries....would you really be offended?

    (besides....here we are talking about  subjective offense.   There are things that are objectively offensive, I guess. )

  • The guy made death threats. I would say that is just a skosh illegal in itself let alone offensive

  • @mld-woody said:

    Resized_Screenshot_20191103-201555_Chrome.jpg

    u are still but hurt about peppers arnt you 

    @atom said:

    u are still but hurt about peppers arnt you 

    These guys are only picking on Whitehead cause he went to Michigan right??? (No he didn't) I mean that's why fans were saying shit to jabrill. It wasn't because he played bad. 

  • The guy made death threats. I would say that is just a skosh illegal in itself let alone offensive

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    The guy made death threats. I would say that is just a skosh illegal in itself let alone offensive

    I was not talking about those...certainly those could be offensive.

    I am just talking about the "cracker" comment.    I mean, I would laugh heartily if someone called me that, intending to be offensive. 

  • @atom said:

    u are still but hurt about peppers arnt you 

    These guys are only picking on Whitehead cause he went to Michigan right??? (No he didn't) I mean that's why fans were saying shit to jabrill. It wasn't because he played bad. 

    @bjh2130 said:

    These guys are only picking on Whitehead cause he went to Michigan right??? I mean that's why fans were saying shit to jabrill. It wasn't because he played bad. 

    I didn't even know he went to Michigan.  Did he?

  • @bjh2130 said:

    These guys are only picking on Whitehead cause he went to Michigan right??? I mean that's why fans were saying shit to jabrill. It wasn't because he played bad. 

    I didn't even know he went to Michigan.  Did he?

    @the-gipper said:

    I didn't even know he went to Michigan.  Did he?

    No he didn't I was just facetiously pointing out the fact woody claimed people only gave peppers a hard time because of Michigan background.  I edited original post because it wasn't clear. I think Whitehead went to Auburn. 

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    The guy made death threats. I would say that is just a skosh illegal in itself let alone offensive

    I was not talking about those...certainly those could be offensive.

    I am just talking about the "cracker" comment.    I mean, I would laugh heartily if someone called me that, intending to be offensive. 

    @the-gipper said:

    I was not talking about those...certainly those could be offensive.

    I am just talking about the "cracker" comment.    I mean, I would laugh heartily if someone called me that, intending to be offensive. 

    I find oyster cracker remarks the worst. Gotta watch, those  little suckers might choke you

  • @the-gipper said:

    I didn't even know he went to Michigan.  Did he?

    No he didn't I was just facetiously pointing out the fact woody claimed people only gave peppers a hard time because of Michigan background.  I edited original post because it wasn't clear. I think Whitehead went to Auburn. 

    @bjh2130 said:

    No he didn't I was just facetiously pointing out the fact woody claimed people only gave peppers a hard time because of Michigan background.  I edited original post because it wasn't clear. I think Whitehead went to Auburn. 

    I guess it just goes to show you can talk slowly, spell everything out, and still some people just won't get it 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Cleveland-Browns-Jermaine-Whitehead-cut-137996950/?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=191104_082704_Cleveland Browns&utm_content=Image&liveconnect=1B-C2-1E-69-15-F3-1E-26-47-C2-FB-AF-1F-3D-14-30191104_082704ClevelandBrowns

    A little OT here Ag. But I couldn't help but note who wrote that article. None other than Barry McBride, who goes all the way back to the AOL predecessor of this forum. Met him at the final play- at the old Muni stadium before it got torn down. (I grabbed a chunk of turf from the field that I managed to keep alive for many years) In the "Dark Years" waiting for our expansion team, no one was better than Barry at vaporizing Baltimore trolls as ArtBeitz. He's got pretty good Internet skills, and started by hosting the Ravens Suck Zone. Which with Bernie Kosar's help morphed into Bernie's Insiders, which eventually became part of Scout. com.  Glad to see he's still around. I just might invite him to toss a post or two over on this Board if he has the time. There's at least three or four of the other originals that have gotten lost over time, and I still miss them.... 

  • @bjh2130 said:

    No he didn't I was just facetiously pointing out the fact woody claimed people only gave peppers a hard time because of Michigan background.  I edited original post because it wasn't clear. I think Whitehead went to Auburn. 

    I guess it just goes to show you can talk slowly, spell everything out, and still some people just won't get it 

    @mld-woody said:

    I guess it just goes to show you can talk slowly, spell everything out, and still some people just won't get it 

    Haha just giving you shit woody.

  • @bjh2130 said:

    No he didn't I was just facetiously pointing out the fact woody claimed people only gave peppers a hard time because of Michigan background.  I edited original post because it wasn't clear. I think Whitehead went to Auburn. 

    I guess it just goes to show you can talk slowly, spell everything out, and still some people just won't get it 

    @mld-woody said:

    I guess it just goes to show you can talk slowly, spell everything out, and still some people just won't get it 

    I think bjh actually meant that Whitehead plays like a Michigan Man, not that he actually was one.

  • Looks like Whitehead "when keeping it real goes wrong"-ed himself out of the high paying NFL job he had. 

    giphy.gif.e2890c4d3bea8f42d92824c04572f908.gif

  • Whitehead is a racist pig!

    @nickers said:

    Whitehead is a racist pig!

    Well aren't you the sensitive one. Be best you avoid any All in the Family, Sanford and Son or Jefferson episodes. You sensitivity may leave you emotionally curled up in the fetal position. 

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_Black_Crackers

    I guess people were thicker skinned back in the day.

  • It's not the cracker comments, it's the death threats.