Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. This too shall pass...

This too shall pass...

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
31 Posts 14 Posters 906 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
    • 4k Posts
    • 2k Reputation
    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I will be 73 years old the 30th of this month. I love my Browns...Always have & always will. In good times & bad, it's much like my marriage (50 years in 2020 with my Bride, Colleen). If you truly love something or someone, that love & loyalty (AND hopes, wishes, & dreams) never die.....no matter how bad things may currently seem. I'm in this for the long haul & we'll weather this current storm.

    GO BROWNS!!......There's a light at the end of this tunnel & I think it looks BRIGHT! 

    Mike

    ps: I enjoyed the '64 Champs & I hope (and plan) to see you younger folks enjoy the next one!

    IN DORSEY I TRUST
    CoachToadC C lodiloboL I 4 Replies Last reply
    👍 ❤
    Quote Reply
    • crunchy crunchyC
      • 94 Posts
      • 33 Reputation
      crunchyC crunchy wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Amen! I too think it looks bright for these Browns. Even though the current record is bad, the number of quality players we have now is higher than ever. It's been frustrating watching this year because you know they can do better, instead of them just not having enough talent like in almost every other year since '99

      Also, congrats on the upcoming 50th anniversary! 

      1 Reply Last reply
      ❤
      Quote Reply
      • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
        • 14k Posts
        • 5k Reputation
        nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Congrats Mike!

        Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
        T 1 Reply Last reply
        ❤
        Quote Reply
        • nickersN nickers

          Congrats Mike!

          TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 23k Posts
          • 6k Reputation
          T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @nickers said:

          Congrats Mike!

          Yep-in the same boat without the long Browns history Mike. 73 in March and 50 years on Valentine's Day. Nice little exclusive club we're in huh??

          Canton MikeC 1 Reply Last reply
          👍 ❤
          Quote Reply
          • T TexasAg1969

            @nickers said:

            Congrats Mike!

            Yep-in the same boat without the long Browns history Mike. 73 in March and 50 years on Valentine's Day. Nice little exclusive club we're in huh??

            Canton Mike Canton MikeC
            • 4k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @texasag1969 said:

            Yep-in the same boat without the long Browns history Mike. 73 in March and 50 years on Valentine's Day. Nice little exclusive club we're in huh??

            Bill,

            We have a Granddaughter graduating HS in San Antonio in 2020 & we'll fly in for that. We need to try to get together while we're there. Keep in touch & congrats to you & your Bride as well!

            Mike

            IN DORSEY I TRUST
            T ATOMA 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

              @texasag1969 said:

              Yep-in the same boat without the long Browns history Mike. 73 in March and 50 years on Valentine's Day. Nice little exclusive club we're in huh??

              Bill,

              We have a Granddaughter graduating HS in San Antonio in 2020 & we'll fly in for that. We need to try to get together while we're there. Keep in touch & congrats to you & your Bride as well!

              Mike

              TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 23k Posts
              • 6k Reputation
              T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @canton-mike said:

              Bill,

              We have a Granddaughter graduating HS in San Antonio in 2020 & we'll fly in for that. We need to try to get together while we're there. Keep in touch & congrats to you & your Bride as well!

              Mike

              So I would assume that means either late May or early June. We're not planning anything major then that I am aware of. As soon as you have better dates let me know and we'll make our way down there. My wife loves the River Walk and we would likely stay right on it. We found a really nice hotel with great suite type rooms for a song and a dance with a free parking garage.

              The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • T TexasAg1969

                @canton-mike said:

                Bill,

                We have a Granddaughter graduating HS in San Antonio in 2020 & we'll fly in for that. We need to try to get together while we're there. Keep in touch & congrats to you & your Bride as well!

                Mike

                So I would assume that means either late May or early June. We're not planning anything major then that I am aware of. As soon as you have better dates let me know and we'll make our way down there. My wife loves the River Walk and we would likely stay right on it. We found a really nice hotel with great suite type rooms for a song and a dance with a free parking garage.

                The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                • 57k Posts
                • 4k Reputation
                The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @texasag1969 said:

                So I would assume that means either late May or early June. We're not planning anything major then that I am aware of. As soon as you have better dates let me know and we'll make our way down there. My wife loves the River Walk and we would likely stay right on it. We found a really nice hotel with great suite type rooms for a song and a dance with a free parking garage.

                I will be there in July for a few days before we head over to Galveston for the cruise and my daughter’s wedding. 

                T 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

                  I will be 73 years old the 30th of this month. I love my Browns...Always have & always will. In good times & bad, it's much like my marriage (50 years in 2020 with my Bride, Colleen). If you truly love something or someone, that love & loyalty (AND hopes, wishes, & dreams) never die.....no matter how bad things may currently seem. I'm in this for the long haul & we'll weather this current storm.

                  GO BROWNS!!......There's a light at the end of this tunnel & I think it looks BRIGHT! 

                  Mike

                  ps: I enjoyed the '64 Champs & I hope (and plan) to see you younger folks enjoy the next one!

                  CoachToad CoachToadC Banned
                  • 169 Posts
                  • 20 Reputation
                  CoachToadC CoachToad wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @canton-mike said:

                  I will be 73 years old the 30th of this month. I love my Browns...Always have & always will. In good times & bad, it's much like my marriage (50 years in 2020 with my Bride, Colleen). If you truly love something or someone, that love & loyalty (AND hopes, wishes, & dreams) never die.....no matter how bad things may currently seem. I'm in this for the long haul & we'll weather this current storm.

                  GO BROWNS!!......There's a light at the end of this tunnel & I think it looks BRIGHT! 

                  Mike

                  ps: I enjoyed the '64 Champs & I hope (and plan) to see you younger folks enjoy the next one!

                  That is a cool message. You are an awesome fan. Congratulations on 50 years of marriage. I am sure she is a beautiful bride. When they turn this around lots of folks will jump on the bandwagon but for you it will be a much sweeter experience. 

                  hoortaH Canton MikeC 2 Replies Last reply
                  👍
                  Quote Reply
                  • CoachToadC CoachToad

                    @canton-mike said:

                    I will be 73 years old the 30th of this month. I love my Browns...Always have & always will. In good times & bad, it's much like my marriage (50 years in 2020 with my Bride, Colleen). If you truly love something or someone, that love & loyalty (AND hopes, wishes, & dreams) never die.....no matter how bad things may currently seem. I'm in this for the long haul & we'll weather this current storm.

                    GO BROWNS!!......There's a light at the end of this tunnel & I think it looks BRIGHT! 

                    Mike

                    ps: I enjoyed the '64 Champs & I hope (and plan) to see you younger folks enjoy the next one!

                    That is a cool message. You are an awesome fan. Congratulations on 50 years of marriage. I am sure she is a beautiful bride. When they turn this around lots of folks will jump on the bandwagon but for you it will be a much sweeter experience. 

                    hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 20k Posts
                    • 5k Reputation
                    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @coachtoad said:

                    That is a cool message. You are an awesome fan. Congratulations on 50 years of marriage. I am sure she is a beautiful bride. When they turn this around lots of folks will jump on the bandwagon but for you it will be a much sweeter experience. 

                    That's just it- a lot of folks jumped on the bandwagon preseason- I'm willing to bet they jumped off just as fast. The lifelong fans like Mike and many of the others here will support the team regardless of how bad it gets. We lived through Modell and 0-16, it has to get better eventually.  

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    👍
                    Quote Reply
                    • The GipperT The Gipper

                      @texasag1969 said:

                      So I would assume that means either late May or early June. We're not planning anything major then that I am aware of. As soon as you have better dates let me know and we'll make our way down there. My wife loves the River Walk and we would likely stay right on it. We found a really nice hotel with great suite type rooms for a song and a dance with a free parking garage.

                      I will be there in July for a few days before we head over to Galveston for the cruise and my daughter’s wedding. 

                      TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 23k Posts
                      • 6k Reputation
                      T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @the-gipper said:

                      I will be there in July for a few days before we head over to Galveston for the cruise and my daughter’s wedding. 

                      S.A. as well Gip? And is your daughter getting married on the cruise? We may be in Estes Park depending on when you are coming. Send me a PM with details and I'll drive down to meet you there. Already been to the Alamo? I would assume you have.

                      The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • CoachToadC CoachToad

                        @canton-mike said:

                        I will be 73 years old the 30th of this month. I love my Browns...Always have & always will. In good times & bad, it's much like my marriage (50 years in 2020 with my Bride, Colleen). If you truly love something or someone, that love & loyalty (AND hopes, wishes, & dreams) never die.....no matter how bad things may currently seem. I'm in this for the long haul & we'll weather this current storm.

                        GO BROWNS!!......There's a light at the end of this tunnel & I think it looks BRIGHT! 

                        Mike

                        ps: I enjoyed the '64 Champs & I hope (and plan) to see you younger folks enjoy the next one!

                        That is a cool message. You are an awesome fan. Congratulations on 50 years of marriage. I am sure she is a beautiful bride. When they turn this around lots of folks will jump on the bandwagon but for you it will be a much sweeter experience. 

                        Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                        • 4k Posts
                        • 2k Reputation
                        Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @coachtoad said:

                        That is a cool message. You are an awesome fan. Congratulations on 50 years of marriage. I am sure she is a beautiful bride. When they turn this around lots of folks will jump on the bandwagon but for you it will be a much sweeter experience. 

                        @hoorta said:

                        That's just it- a lot of folks jumped on the bandwagon preseason- I'm willing to bet they jumped off just as fast. The lifelong fans like Mike and many of the others here will support the team regardless of how bad it gets. We lived through Modell and 0-16, it has to get better eventually.  

                        Thanks & you guys get it! There are still quite a few lifelong Browns' Fans on this board & I applaud them. To those of you who haven't yet experienced a Browns' Championship (now Super Bowl), I can't wait to see and share your unbridled joy when it happens......and it WILL!!

                        Thanks to all who responded.

                        Mike

                        IN DORSEY I TRUST
                        The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                        👍
                        Quote Reply
                        • T TexasAg1969

                          @the-gipper said:

                          I will be there in July for a few days before we head over to Galveston for the cruise and my daughter’s wedding. 

                          S.A. as well Gip? And is your daughter getting married on the cruise? We may be in Estes Park depending on when you are coming. Send me a PM with details and I'll drive down to meet you there. Already been to the Alamo? I would assume you have.

                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                          • 57k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @texasag1969 said:

                          S.A. as well Gip? And is your daughter getting married on the cruise? We may be in Estes Park depending on when you are coming. Send me a PM with details and I'll drive down to meet you there. Already been to the Alamo? I would assume you have.

                          Yep, in July..See the PM.  And, oh yea, been to the Alamo a few times.  My brother actually lived in that area before my daughter was born.... in Kerrville, you know, JMZ's home town.  So I have been there.  My brother long since moved away. (sometime in late 80s). But she ended up there.

                          T 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

                            @coachtoad said:

                            That is a cool message. You are an awesome fan. Congratulations on 50 years of marriage. I am sure she is a beautiful bride. When they turn this around lots of folks will jump on the bandwagon but for you it will be a much sweeter experience. 

                            @hoorta said:

                            That's just it- a lot of folks jumped on the bandwagon preseason- I'm willing to bet they jumped off just as fast. The lifelong fans like Mike and many of the others here will support the team regardless of how bad it gets. We lived through Modell and 0-16, it has to get better eventually.  

                            Thanks & you guys get it! There are still quite a few lifelong Browns' Fans on this board & I applaud them. To those of you who haven't yet experienced a Browns' Championship (now Super Bowl), I can't wait to see and share your unbridled joy when it happens......and it WILL!!

                            Thanks to all who responded.

                            Mike

                            The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                            • 57k Posts
                            • 4k Reputation
                            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @canton-mike said:

                            Thanks & you guys get it! There are still quite a few lifelong Browns' Fans on this board & I applaud them. To those of you who haven't yet experienced a Browns' Championship (now Super Bowl), I can't wait to see and share your unbridled joy when it happens......and it WILL!!

                            Thanks to all who responded.

                            Mike

                            At our age, we have at least seen one title:   1964.  I certainly remember it.  I was 12.

                            Canton MikeC 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • The GipperT The Gipper

                              @canton-mike said:

                              Thanks & you guys get it! There are still quite a few lifelong Browns' Fans on this board & I applaud them. To those of you who haven't yet experienced a Browns' Championship (now Super Bowl), I can't wait to see and share your unbridled joy when it happens......and it WILL!!

                              Thanks to all who responded.

                              Mike

                              At our age, we have at least seen one title:   1964.  I certainly remember it.  I was 12.

                              Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                              • 4k Posts
                              • 2k Reputation
                              Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @the-gipper said:

                              At our age, we have at least seen one title:   1964.  I certainly remember it.  I was 12.

                              I was 18 Gip & I will never forget it!!

                              Mike

                              IN DORSEY I TRUST
                              gumby73G 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • The GipperT The Gipper

                                @texasag1969 said:

                                S.A. as well Gip? And is your daughter getting married on the cruise? We may be in Estes Park depending on when you are coming. Send me a PM with details and I'll drive down to meet you there. Already been to the Alamo? I would assume you have.

                                Yep, in July..See the PM.  And, oh yea, been to the Alamo a few times.  My brother actually lived in that area before my daughter was born.... in Kerrville, you know, JMZ's home town.  So I have been there.  My brother long since moved away. (sometime in late 80s). But she ended up there.

                                TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 23k Posts
                                • 6k Reputation
                                T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @the-gipper said:

                                Yep, in July..See the PM.  And, oh yea, been to the Alamo a few times.  My brother actually lived in that area before my daughter was born.... in Kerrville, you know, JMZ's home town.  So I have been there.  My brother long since moved away. (sometime in late 80s). But she ended up there.

                                I just went to a graveside service just outside Kerrville for a friend I went to A&M with in my unit & class year. Pretty ride through Texas wine country on the way via Fredricksburg.

                                The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Kvoethe KvoetheK Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 3k Posts
                                  • 924 Reputation
                                  KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  So will my kidney stone...?

                                  Tour2maT The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • KvoetheK Kvoethe

                                    So will my kidney stone...?

                                    Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                    • 30k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @kvoethe said:

                                    So will my kidney stone...?

                                    Bear me to it...

                                    "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

                                      @the-gipper said:

                                      At our age, we have at least seen one title:   1964.  I certainly remember it.  I was 12.

                                      I was 18 Gip & I will never forget it!!

                                      Mike

                                      gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 11k Posts
                                      • 4k Reputation
                                      gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
                                      #18

                                      @canton-mike said:

                                       forget it!!

                                      Sunday 12-27-1964..In the almost frozen tundra of The Muni ?️. 34 degrees/15 mph winds/felt like 23 degrees with wind chill.

                                      A 0-0 tie at halftime turned into 17-0 Browns lead heading into the 4th.

                                      Browns pour on 10 more in the 4th to a final score of 27-0 as the final over the Unitas Colts 😁...

                                      Dad tells me later in life, We stayed in Cleveland for days after.. 

                                      I was a year & 8 months old.

                                      This could have been me in the back seat of the car?     Jv0.gif                                                 Congrats Mike!!             

                                      Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      👍
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • T TexasAg1969

                                        @the-gipper said:

                                        Yep, in July..See the PM.  And, oh yea, been to the Alamo a few times.  My brother actually lived in that area before my daughter was born.... in Kerrville, you know, JMZ's home town.  So I have been there.  My brother long since moved away. (sometime in late 80s). But she ended up there.

                                        I just went to a graveside service just outside Kerrville for a friend I went to A&M with in my unit & class year. Pretty ride through Texas wine country on the way via Fredricksburg.

                                        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                        • 57k Posts
                                        • 4k Reputation
                                        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @texasag1969 said:

                                        I just went to a graveside service just outside Kerrville for a friend I went to A&M with in my unit & class year. Pretty ride through Texas wine country on the way via Fredricksburg.

                                        The thing that most people may not know is that Texas Hill Country is also pretty good wine country.  Hoorta surely would, but not many others likely.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • KvoetheK Kvoethe

                                          So will my kidney stone...?

                                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                          • 57k Posts
                                          • 4k Reputation
                                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @kvoethe said:

                                          So will my kidney stone...?

                                          But your gall stone won't.  It has to be cut out. 

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate