Skip to content

Freddie: "I don't look at stats."

The Browns Board
45 19 882 1
  • I still think not having a rock solid interior of yer offensive line is hurting the Browns' offense hugely. Losing Njoku and Higgins hurt more.

       Bitonio is doing double duty trying to help Robinson so much of the time... Just ...wait til next year. After the d word I hate to talk about so soon...

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @calfoxwc said:

    I still think not having a rock solid interior of yer offensive line is hurting the Browns' offense hugely. Losing Njoku and Higgins hurt more.

       Bitonio is doing double duty trying to help Robinson so much of the time... Just ...wait til next year. After the d word I hate to talk about so soon...

    But when there is time what is the excuse?and is Chubb doing this all by himself?

    its the low hanging fruit argument all year. The line gives up a couple pressures and Baker holds the ball and takes sack and all of sudden the post game analysis is “well if we had a better line”.  You don’t get an abundance of time in NFL to set your feet and make throws.  You have 300 lb dancing bears caving pockets and the NFL rule book against you.  Watch Brady three step ball out.  

    Im actually starting to beat the drum for a Safety really early in this upcoming draft.  Randall can leave and make 10M somewhere else.  The Fant TD should never happen to an NFL team.

    And When do stop protecting the poor play of Baker and the other dimwit calling plays and managing our game plan?  And when do cut the stupid penalties out each game

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Zombo said:

    I listened to the interview, which gives you the correct context. Basically, he is saying Baker is close.

    If Belichick said "I dont need stats, I know what I see" then everybody nods their head. 

    When you are a slow-talking former running backs coach who is 2-6 with a 6-2 roster then it is fodder to pile on.

    I like this statement.  Well, really I don't....but I do think it is basically accurate.

    I'm rooting hard for Freddy to turn this around, that would be great for everybody. Change is not appealing right now, figuring things out and punching Buffalo and Pittsburgh in the mouth is.

    It would be great for Freddy to turn it around, he is certainly a likeable enough guy to want to see him succeed.  But boy, the evidence for that future success eludes me right now.  And now would be the time to show it. 

  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Zombo said:

    I listened to the interview, which gives you the correct context. Basically, he is saying Baker is close.

    If Belichick said "I dont need stats, I know what I see" then everybody nods their head. 

    When you are a slow-talking former running backs coach who is 2-6 with a 6-2 roster then it is fodder to pile on.

    I'm rooting hard for Freddy to turn this around, that would be great for everybody. Change is not appealing right now, figuring things out and punching Buffalo and Pittsburgh in the mouth is.

    Z

    Like you said, come on man, they win 2 games and everything changes. 

  • Zombo said:

    I listened to the interview, which gives you the correct context. Basically, he is saying Baker is close.

    If Belichick said "I dont need stats, I know what I see" then everybody nods their head. 

    When you are a slow-talking former running backs coach who is 2-6 with a 6-2 roster then it is fodder to pile on.

    I'm rooting hard for Freddy to turn this around, that would be great for everybody. Change is not appealing right now, figuring things out and punching Buffalo and Pittsburgh in the mouth is.

    Z

    Like you said, come on man, they win 2 games and everything changes. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @icecube said:

    Like you said, come on man, they win 2 games and everything changes. 

    So true, and the pulse reappears.  You just hate for every game to become a must win game.

    GO BROWNS, impress us!

  • Zombo said:

    I listened to the interview, which gives you the correct context. Basically, he is saying Baker is close.

    If Belichick said "I dont need stats, I know what I see" then everybody nods their head. 

    When you are a slow-talking former running backs coach who is 2-6 with a 6-2 roster then it is fodder to pile on.

    I'm rooting hard for Freddy to turn this around, that would be great for everybody. Change is not appealing right now, figuring things out and punching Buffalo and Pittsburgh in the mouth is.

    Z

    Like you said, come on man, they win 2 games and everything changes. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @icecube said:

    Like you said, come on man, they win 2 games and everything changes. 

    I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket. I'm feeling "dangerous" now.?

  • @icecube said:

    Like you said, come on man, they win 2 games and everything changes. 

    So true, and the pulse reappears.  You just hate for every game to become a must win game.

    GO BROWNS, impress us!

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @mjp28 said:

    So true, and the pulse reappears.  You just hate for every game to become a must win game.

    GO BROWNS, impress us!

    That's kind of why last week was so damn important.  We played better on so many fronts, but we just couldn't stick the ball in the end zone (again).  Buffalo has a better defense than Denver (IMO) but they're no slouch.  Also, we moved the ball relatively well against the Patriots, and they had a very solid defense too.  If our red zone woes are fixed, we can win.  

    One time for the home crowd...

  • @icecube said:

    Like you said, come on man, they win 2 games and everything changes. 

    I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket. I'm feeling "dangerous" now.?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket. I'm feeling "dangerous" now.?

    Oh God "Vegas Aggie" is here!   😆

  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #30

    The first of inane statements from losing Browns coaches on death march

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by OldBrownsFan
    #31

    "

    "Stats, I don't look at no stats,  I don't need no stats, I don't need to look at any stinking stats"

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #32

    So which one? Freddy the freeloader or Fat Freddy?  It sure hasn’t been coach Freddy 

    9F2A284A-5108-4816-917E-60ABFE422ECC.jpeg

    F60DCB5E-5A1F-4D2B-881E-850187F965C4.jpeg

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Freddie doesn't look at stats, which is the primary reason Chad Thomas is still on our team.  If Freddie DID look at stats, he'd notice that Chad Thomas literally DOESN'T HAVE ANY.

    BTW, I sure am glad we got rid of Genard Avery.  That 4th round pick we got for him in 2029 will sure come in handy!  Just remember that Avery got a sack in his first SNAP last week and we're starting Chad Thomas Sunday.

    Chad effing Thomas.  Part of the dynamic 2nd and 3rd round picks by John Dorsey.  Austin Corbett and Chad Thomas.  Thank GOD we were able to get Nick Chubb, but I still can't get over completely whiffing on Corbett AND Thomas.  

  • Freddie doesn't look at stats, which is the primary reason Chad Thomas is still on our team.  If Freddie DID look at stats, he'd notice that Chad Thomas literally DOESN'T HAVE ANY.

    BTW, I sure am glad we got rid of Genard Avery.  That 4th round pick we got for him in 2029 will sure come in handy!  Just remember that Avery got a sack in his first SNAP last week and we're starting Chad Thomas Sunday.

    Chad effing Thomas.  Part of the dynamic 2nd and 3rd round picks by John Dorsey.  Austin Corbett and Chad Thomas.  Thank GOD we were able to get Nick Chubb, but I still can't get over completely whiffing on Corbett AND Thomas.  

    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Freddie doesn't look at stats, which is the primary reason Chad Thomas is still on our team.  If Freddie DID look at stats, he'd notice that Chad Thomas literally DOESN'T HAVE ANY.

    BTW, I sure am glad we got rid of Genard Avery.  That 4th round pick we got for him in 2029 will sure come in handy!  Just remember that Avery got a sack in his first SNAP last week and we're starting Chad Thomas Sunday.

    Chad effing Thomas.  Part of the dynamic 2nd and 3rd round picks by John Dorsey.  Austin Corbett and Chad Thomas.  Thank GOD we were able to get Nick Chubb, but I still can't get over completely whiffing on Corbett AND Thomas.  

    ? Chad Thomas stat line is usually 0-0-0. Dorsey "the football guy" blew a lot of the draft capital Sashi bequeathed him with, right now the only surefire pick is Chubb.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Freddie doesn't look at stats, which is the primary reason Chad Thomas is still on our team.  If Freddie DID look at stats, he'd notice that Chad Thomas literally DOESN'T HAVE ANY.

    BTW, I sure am glad we got rid of Genard Avery.  That 4th round pick we got for him in 2029 will sure come in handy!  Just remember that Avery got a sack in his first SNAP last week and we're starting Chad Thomas Sunday.

    Chad effing Thomas.  Part of the dynamic 2nd and 3rd round picks by John Dorsey.  Austin Corbett and Chad Thomas.  Thank GOD we were able to get Nick Chubb, but I still can't get over completely whiffing on Corbett AND Thomas.  

    ? Chad Thomas stat line is usually 0-0-0. Dorsey "the football guy" blew a lot of the draft capital Sashi bequeathed him with, right now the only surefire pick is Chubb.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @mddawg said:

    ? Chad Thomas stat line is usually 0-0-0. Dorsey "the football guy" blew a lot of the draft capital Sashi bequeathed him with, right now the only surefire pick is Chubb.

    I wouldn't go that far. Lots of other good players possibly besides Chubb last 3 drafts.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Freddie doesn't look at stats, which is the primary reason Chad Thomas is still on our team.  If Freddie DID look at stats, he'd notice that Chad Thomas literally DOESN'T HAVE ANY.

    BTW, I sure am glad we got rid of Genard Avery.  That 4th round pick we got for him in 2029 will sure come in handy!  Just remember that Avery got a sack in his first SNAP last week and we're starting Chad Thomas Sunday.

    Chad effing Thomas.  Part of the dynamic 2nd and 3rd round picks by John Dorsey.  Austin Corbett and Chad Thomas.  Thank GOD we were able to get Nick Chubb, but I still can't get over completely whiffing on Corbett AND Thomas.  

    ? Chad Thomas stat line is usually 0-0-0. Dorsey "the football guy" blew a lot of the draft capital Sashi bequeathed him with, right now the only surefire pick is Chubb.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @mddawg said:

    ? Chad Thomas stat line is usually 0-0-0. Dorsey "the football guy" blew a lot of the draft capital Sashi bequeathed him with, right now the only surefire pick is Chubb.

    My words aren't worth a hill of beans, BUT...you can rest easy knowing Baker Mayfield is the real deal.  I really do believe that, and he's going to play better the final 8 games.  Heck, he played better LAST week.  Let's not forget that Harris should've had better ball control, so Baker should've had another TD pass.  Also, Baker DID get that QB sneak, so whatever.

    Baker is going to continue to get better despite the coaching nightmare.  I feel it.

  • @mddawg said:

    ? Chad Thomas stat line is usually 0-0-0. Dorsey "the football guy" blew a lot of the draft capital Sashi bequeathed him with, right now the only surefire pick is Chubb.

    My words aren't worth a hill of beans, BUT...you can rest easy knowing Baker Mayfield is the real deal.  I really do believe that, and he's going to play better the final 8 games.  Heck, he played better LAST week.  Let's not forget that Harris should've had better ball control, so Baker should've had another TD pass.  Also, Baker DID get that QB sneak, so whatever.

    Baker is going to continue to get better despite the coaching nightmare.  I feel it.

    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @jiggins7919 said:

    My words aren't worth a hill of beans, BUT...you can rest easy knowing Baker Mayfield is the real deal.  I really do believe that, and he's going to play better the final 8 games.  Heck, he played better LAST week.  Let's not forget that Harris should've had better ball control, so Baker should've had another TD pass.  Also, Baker DID get that QB sneak, so whatever.

    Baker is going to continue to get better despite the coaching nightmare.  I feel it.

    My doubts in Baker have started creeping in though right now he looks like a shorter version of Deshone Kizer after his stellar rookie season.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    My words aren't worth a hill of beans, BUT...you can rest easy knowing Baker Mayfield is the real deal.  I really do believe that, and he's going to play better the final 8 games.  Heck, he played better LAST week.  Let's not forget that Harris should've had better ball control, so Baker should've had another TD pass.  Also, Baker DID get that QB sneak, so whatever.

    Baker is going to continue to get better despite the coaching nightmare.  I feel it.

    My doubts in Baker have started creeping in though right now he looks like a shorter version of Deshone Kizer after his stellar rookie season.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @mddawg said:

    My doubts in Baker have started creeping in though right now he looks like a shorter version of Deshone Kizer after his stellar rookie season.

    I get it, I really do, but you don't set the rookie TD record by accident, and I have to believe that talent is in there SOMEWHERE.  Remember how Baker looked "pretty good" before Hue Jackson left?  It was like a switch got flipped and he was much better.  Perhaps that can happen again?  

    It's funny, virtually ALL of the podcast people I listen to are acting like Freddie's gone already.  I never would've guessed it.  I'll tell you this right now, if we lose to the Bills and to the Steelers lead by Mason Rudolph (both home games)...Freddie is toast.  

    But...BUT...let's not act like we can't beat the Bills AND the Steelers.  Let's pause the Freddie is awful and has to be fired until after Sunday's game.  I have a good feeling about this game, and that's not a very common theme.  

  • So which one? Freddy the freeloader or Fat Freddy?  It sure hasn’t been coach Freddy 

    9F2A284A-5108-4816-917E-60ABFE422ECC.jpeg

    F60DCB5E-5A1F-4D2B-881E-850187F965C4.jpeg

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    So which one? Freddy the freeloader or Fat Freddy?  It sure hasn’t been coach Freddy 

    9F2A284A-5108-4816-917E-60ABFE422ECC.jpeg

    F60DCB5E-5A1F-4D2B-881E-850187F965C4.jpeg

    damn i forgot all about the Freak Bros comic books

  • Freddie doesn't look at stats, which is the primary reason Chad Thomas is still on our team.  If Freddie DID look at stats, he'd notice that Chad Thomas literally DOESN'T HAVE ANY.

    BTW, I sure am glad we got rid of Genard Avery.  That 4th round pick we got for him in 2029 will sure come in handy!  Just remember that Avery got a sack in his first SNAP last week and we're starting Chad Thomas Sunday.

    Chad effing Thomas.  Part of the dynamic 2nd and 3rd round picks by John Dorsey.  Austin Corbett and Chad Thomas.  Thank GOD we were able to get Nick Chubb, but I still can't get over completely whiffing on Corbett AND Thomas.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @jiggins7919 said:

    BTW, I sure am glad we got rid of Genard Avery. 

    Here's my prediction: 

    Avery thrives with the Eagles, and when Freddie and the coaching staff is fired after the season, the new DC runs a defense that would have fit Avery nicely, like last season's defense did. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    BTW, I sure am glad we got rid of Genard Avery. 

    Here's my prediction: 

    Avery thrives with the Eagles, and when Freddie and the coaching staff is fired after the season, the new DC runs a defense that would have fit Avery nicely, like last season's defense did. 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @dutch-oven said:

    Here's my prediction: 

    Avery thrives with the Eagles, and when Freddie and the coaching staff is fired after the season, the new DC runs a defense that would have fit Avery nicely, like last season's defense did. 

    Damn. Lol. That's poetically perfect. 

    Vernon injury kills us Sunday. Randall probably back helps though. Hey, at least I'm still excited about the games. Lost season or not. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Here's my prediction: 

    Avery thrives with the Eagles, and when Freddie and the coaching staff is fired after the season, the new DC runs a defense that would have fit Avery nicely, like last season's defense did. 

    Damn. Lol. That's poetically perfect. 

    Vernon injury kills us Sunday. Randall probably back helps though. Hey, at least I'm still excited about the games. Lost season or not. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Damn. Lol. That's poetically perfect. 

    Vernon injury kills us Sunday. Randall probably back helps though. Hey, at least I'm still excited about the games. Lost season or not. 

    I'll be down in Columbus helping family move....

    To be honest, I'm not exactly torn up about not seeing the game live. I'll DVR it and watch it later that night, unless I hear they got their taints handed to them, then I'll just skip it altogether.