Skip to content

Chase Young Suspended

College Football Forum
34 6 888
  • Possibly an incident from 2018... That would not be good

  • Meh. If he fucked up, make amends and lets move on.  No point in being Penn State, Clemson, Alabama...etc etc.

    Admit the wrong and correct it. 

    2 game suspension is what Troy got. Sounds about right in this case.

  • Meh. If he fucked up, make amends and lets move on.  No point in being Penn State, Clemson, Alabama...etc etc.

    Admit the wrong and correct it. 

    2 game suspension is what Troy got. Sounds about right in this case.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Meh. If he fucked up, make amends and lets move on.  No point in being Penn State, Clemson, Alabama...etc etc.

    Admit the wrong and correct it. 

    2 game suspension is what Troy got. Sounds about right in this case.

    How convenient it's right over Maryland and Rutgers lol. Especially if it really is something from 2018.

    That being said, I believe players should be able to get paid. Just like I believed they should have been able to sell their awards for tats. But until that's allowed, rules are rules. And if there's any evidence of a cover up like there was last time, that would be bad

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Meh. If he fucked up, make amends and lets move on.  No point in being Penn State, Clemson, Alabama...etc etc.

    Admit the wrong and correct it. 

    2 game suspension is what Troy got. Sounds about right in this case.

    How convenient it's right over Maryland and Rutgers lol. Especially if it really is something from 2018.

    That being said, I believe players should be able to get paid. Just like I believed they should have been able to sell their awards for tats. But until that's allowed, rules are rules. And if there's any evidence of a cover up like there was last time, that would be bad

    @mld-woody said:

    How convenient it's right over Maryland and Rutgers lol. Especially if it really is something from 2018.

    That being said, I believe players should be able to get paid. Just like I believed they should have been able to sell their awards for tats. But until that's allowed, rules are rules. And if there's any evidence of a cover up like there was last time, that would be bad

    Wouldn't be ideal.   Won't argue if it's 3 games and Chase misses Penn State.

  • University self reported it looks like.  I would hope the previous cooperation by tOSU with the NCAA will be taken into account.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Meh. If he fucked up, make amends and lets move on.  No point in being Penn State, Clemson, Alabama...etc etc.

    Admit the wrong and correct it. 

    2 game suspension is what Troy got. Sounds about right in this case.

    How convenient it's right over Maryland and Rutgers lol. Especially if it really is something from 2018.

    That being said, I believe players should be able to get paid. Just like I believed they should have been able to sell their awards for tats. But until that's allowed, rules are rules. And if there's any evidence of a cover up like there was last time, that would be bad

    @mld-woody said:

    How convenient it's right over Maryland and Rutgers lol. Especially if it really is something from 2018.

    That being said, I believe players should be able to get paid. Just like I believed they should have been able to sell their awards for tats. But until that's allowed, rules are rules. And if there's any evidence of a cover up like there was last time, that would be bad

    Here is what it said:

    Tim Nevius, an attorney who was formerly an investigator for the NCAA, said Young "took a small loan from a close family friend last year to cover basic life expenses," the loan was repaid months ago and he is working with Young to restore his eligibility.

    So, as it appears, it was not a booster or a company wanting to use his name or anything at all like that...it was a loan from a personal family friend.  The question is:  why is that even a violation in the first place?  Again, another situation where the athlete is discriminated against, because any normal student on scholarship would be allowed to do this.  The NCAA had like this rule that an athlete could receive a bagel to eat....but if he accepted cream cheese on his bagel...it would be an NCAA violation.  This is about tantamount to that.

  • I generally like to wait until some of the smoke clears and see if there's any thing of substantial left over to worry about.

    The days of legally paid college players is very near.

  • University self reported it looks like.  I would hope the previous cooperation by tOSU with the NCAA will be taken into account.

    @tiamat63 said:

    University self reported it looks like.  I would hope the previous cooperation by tOSU with the NCAA will be taken into account.

    Like when they lied to the NCAA about the whole Tressel thing?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    University self reported it looks like.  I would hope the previous cooperation by tOSU with the NCAA will be taken into account.

    Like when they lied to the NCAA about the whole Tressel thing?

    @mld-woody said:

    Like when they lied to the NCAA about the whole Tressel thing?

    Who is "they"?  You mean when Tressel did?  Sure...   the University itself was more than cooperative.  That was from the NCAA themselves.

    edit: You mean USC with Reggie Bush?  I think that's what you're looking for. 

  • Rumor the family friend is an agent, which likes up with being someone he just let before his freshman year at OSU. 

    We'll see.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    University self reported it looks like.  I would hope the previous cooperation by tOSU with the NCAA will be taken into account.

    Like when they lied to the NCAA about the whole Tressel thing?

    @mld-woody said:

    Like when they lied to the NCAA about the whole Tressel thing?

    The only topic that the Michigan fans versus The Ohio State University BUCKEYES have had to talk about since the EBRUCE/JCOOP era.

    Oh I can see why.   Not W/L, BIG TEN Championships, National Championships, recruiting, etc.    😉

  • Rumor of a 4 game ban.   If true, I would really hate the NCAA for it.  3? Sure, fine.  But taking away The Game?   I don't care if it was a UM player - it would have to be some heinous shit for me to take you away from the biggest game of the year the last time you play in it.        

  • heard that too tia.. More Ka-Ca horsechit by the AA committee to miss The Game.. far to much if no agent was involved

  • 2 games.  We can move on now.

  • 2 games.  We can move on now.

    @tiamat63 said:

    2 games.  We can move on now.

    What an absolute shocker. Misses the two biggest games of the year too, wow. What terrible timing for OSU. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    2 games.  We can move on now.

    What an absolute shocker. Misses the two biggest games of the year too, wow. What terrible timing for OSU. 

    @mld-woody said:

    What an absolute shocker. Misses the two biggest games of the year too, wow. What terrible timing for OSU. 

    Blame whoever alerted the University. Had they timed it better, probably would have missed the last 2 games.