Skip to content

Official Bills @ Browns Gameday Thread

The Browns Board
183 36 5.8k 1
  • Dustin Fox sounds like someone pissed in his Cheerios. Guy is such a whine ass.

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Right it took Freddy all his creative juices to put Higgins over there, isolated, to win his 1 on 1 and win us the damn game..

    No 90% of plays in the NFL aren't about creativity. Matchups sure.  But the NFL is all about results and winning your one on one battle.

    @bjh2130 said:

    No 90% of plays in the NFL aren't about creativity. Matchups sure.  But the NFL is all about results and winning your one on one battle.

    Do you want me to tell you that you are right? I can do that, if that’ll help out..

  • I also have to say I was EXTREMELY impressed with Kareem Hunt, especially his blocking. That guy was a man possessed and had multiple key blocks. He was simply beasting. Not only that, he is a noticeable weapon in both the running and passing game. He was impressive, and he's going to score this season. 

  • The browns have no playmakers, no luck, no coaching, and no hope. This is worse than 0-16

    @typicalbrowns50 said:

    The browns have no playmakers, no luck, no coaching, and no hope. This is worse than 0-16

    Sorry we have more playmakers on this team than most- but they're either not getting used- or not making plays when they're targeted. I believe we targeted OBJ 12 times....  

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I also have to say I was EXTREMELY impressed with Kareem Hunt, especially his blocking. That guy was a man possessed and had multiple key blocks. He was simply beasting. Not only that, he is a noticeable weapon in both the running and passing game. He was impressive, and he's going to score this season. 

    And Freddie has yet another weapon he's too dumb to use extensively.....  

  • @typicalbrowns50 said:

    Browns looked like shit but played better than the bills.

    How the fuck are the bills 6-3? This is a legitimate question 

    They win ugly, like they almost did today. They keep it close, fight like mad, and make JUST enough plays. Today, that was US for a change. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    They win ugly, like they almost did today. They keep it close, fight like mad, and make JUST enough plays. Today, that was US for a change. 

    fewer penalties and not turning the ball over 

  • Freddie better get Higgins out of his dog house.  We had Khadarel Hodge on the field on the goalline and he didn't do his job on the rub route screen to Landry (when Landry yelled at him after play) . Higgins meanwhile obviously had the clutch td, but he also had a monster block on a little swing pass to either Hunt or Landry that allowed the receiver to pick up 20 plus yards.  He does everything right including the little things like rub routes and blocking.  He has chemistry with Baker. He needs to be on the field in our 3 receiver sets. I get if he refused to go in a game he should be punished.  He has served his time though and it's time to give him more snaps. 

  • I also have to say I was EXTREMELY impressed with Kareem Hunt, especially his blocking. That guy was a man possessed and had multiple key blocks. He was simply beasting. Not only that, he is a noticeable weapon in both the running and passing game. He was impressive, and he's going to score this season. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I also have to say I was EXTREMELY impressed with Kareem Hunt, especially his blocking. That guy was a man possessed and had multiple key blocks. He was simply beasting. Not only that, he is a noticeable weapon in both the running and passing game. He was impressive, and he's going to score this season. 

    You know, that was something. Hunt got a heavy dose of playing time, and some of that was in a fullback role. I don’t recall Chubb ever following him, but Chubb has a tendency to not follow his lead blocker.  

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I also have to say I was EXTREMELY impressed with Kareem Hunt, especially his blocking. That guy was a man possessed and had multiple key blocks. He was simply beasting. Not only that, he is a noticeable weapon in both the running and passing game. He was impressive, and he's going to score this season. 

    You know, that was something. Hunt got a heavy dose of playing time, and some of that was in a fullback role. I don’t recall Chubb ever following him, but Chubb has a tendency to not follow his lead blocker.  

    @ibleedbrown said:

    You know, that was something. Hunt got a heavy dose of playing time, and some of that was in a fullback role. I don’t recall Chubb ever following him, but Chubb has a tendency to not follow his lead blocker.  

    so you are knocking on chubb

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I also have to say I was EXTREMELY impressed with Kareem Hunt, especially his blocking. That guy was a man possessed and had multiple key blocks. He was simply beasting. Not only that, he is a noticeable weapon in both the running and passing game. He was impressive, and he's going to score this season. 

    You know, that was something. Hunt got a heavy dose of playing time, and some of that was in a fullback role. I don’t recall Chubb ever following him, but Chubb has a tendency to not follow his lead blocker.  

    @ibleedbrown said:

    You know, that was something. Hunt got a heavy dose of playing time, and some of that was in a fullback role. I don’t recall Chubb ever following him, but Chubb has a tendency to not follow his lead blocker.  

    Chubb followed him on a couple of stretch runs.  I was very impressed with his conditioning.  He played a ton of snaps and we utilized him well in the pass game although some times we got to cute. What sucks is he is a great receiver in screens but our offensive line can not block up a screen to save their life. They just run around looking lost and blocking the wrong guys. 

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    You know, that was something. Hunt got a heavy dose of playing time, and some of that was in a fullback role. I don’t recall Chubb ever following him, but Chubb has a tendency to not follow his lead blocker.  

    so you are knocking on chubb

    @atom said:

    so you are knocking on chubb

    No way. He’s terribly effective doing what he does, but l notice he just doesn’t always follow his lead blocker. 

  • Another trip inside the five and no TD...

    and a false start call pushes the Browns to get the FG

    @tinythinker said:

    Another trip inside the five and no TD...

    and a false start call pushes the Browns to get the FG

    Which, by the way was the absolute smart move by the RT.   It gave the Browns the points that were the margin of victory.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    You know, that was something. Hunt got a heavy dose of playing time, and some of that was in a fullback role. I don’t recall Chubb ever following him, but Chubb has a tendency to not follow his lead blocker.  

    so you are knocking on chubb

    @atom said:

    so you are knocking on chubb

    I love chubb but I made a note of this in the tavern.  Hunt should be our goalline back. Hunt just goes to where the hole is (or where its supposed to be) when running short yardage.  Chubb 2 steps in the backfield because that's his run style. He's a patience and vision runner (and a tough tackle) but we need a guy running full steam at the line of scrimmage in short yardage situations. 

  • @tinythinker said:

    Another trip inside the five and no TD...

    and a false start call pushes the Browns to get the FG

    Which, by the way was the absolute smart move by the RT.   It gave the Browns the points that were the margin of victory.

    @the-gipper said:

    Which, by the way was the absolute smart move by the RT.   It gave the Browns the points that were the margin of victory.

    I very easily could be wrong (wont be the first or last time), but I don't believe the browns were ever going to go for that unless there was a receiver uncovered when they lined up. I think they were going to try to draw offsides and get a free play and maybe go if they jumped and moved the ball from the 4 to the 2. The playclock was at one when Hubbard jumped and didn't look like they had any intention of snapping the ball. 

  • @atom said:

    so you are knocking on chubb

    No way. He’s terribly effective doing what he does, but l notice he just doesn’t always follow his lead blocker. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    No way. He’s terribly effective doing what he does, but l notice he just doesn’t always follow his lead blocker. 

    can u blame him ?

  • Hmm... go jumbo package and stuff it in on 1. What a concept

    @hx214 said:

    Hmm... go jumbo package and stuff it in on 1. What a concept

    Maybe they need to do the Refrigerator Perry thing, and get our heaviest player in their to play fullback.  We have a DT called Eli Ankou on the active roster.  Plow him up the middle.

    I mean, it can't hurt, can it, since nothing else Ferd does works. 

  • ?Welcome✋ to 3-6 ?

    Cleveland have achieved half the number of wins as their number of losses on the season and remain two games ahead of the Bengals

    @tinythinker said:

    ?Welcome✋ to 3-6 ?

    Cleveland have achieved half the number of wins as their number of losses on the season and remain two games ahead of the Bengals

    You really are a "tiny thinker" aren't you?


  • I'm grateful for the win.. But honestly speaking.. Dumbfuck Freddie is a tool... I can't ever remember seeing so many dumb in game decisions by a HC.. Bone headed call after bone headed call.. He needs to be an OC... He's way in over his head... The Browns got lucky...

    @nickers said:


    I'm grateful for the win.. But honestly speaking.. Dumbfuck Freddie is a tool... I can't ever remember seeing so many dumb in game decisions by a HC.. Bone headed call after bone headed call.. He needs to be an OC... He's way in over his head... The Browns got lucky...

    @typicalbrowns50 said:

    Browns looked like shit but played better than the bills.

    How the fuck are the bills 6-3? This is a legitimate question 

    I think, honestly that they have also had the weakest schedule in the league to date. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Which, by the way was the absolute smart move by the RT.   It gave the Browns the points that were the margin of victory.

    I very easily could be wrong (wont be the first or last time), but I don't believe the browns were ever going to go for that unless there was a receiver uncovered when they lined up. I think they were going to try to draw offsides and get a free play and maybe go if they jumped and moved the ball from the 4 to the 2. The playclock was at one when Hubbard jumped and didn't look like they had any intention of snapping the ball. 

    @bjh2130 said:

    I very easily could be wrong (wont be the first or last time), but I don't believe the browns were ever going to go for that unless there was a receiver uncovered when they lined up. I think they were going to try to draw offsides and get a free play and maybe go if they jumped and moved the ball from the 4 to the 2. The playclock was at one when Hubbard jumped and didn't look like they had any intention of snapping the ball. 

    Uhmm.  Maybe. 

    (but we are dealing with Freddie....you perhaps give him too much credit for having that sort of forethought.)

  • Freddie better get Higgins out of his dog house.  We had Khadarel Hodge on the field on the goalline and he didn't do his job on the rub route screen to Landry (when Landry yelled at him after play) . Higgins meanwhile obviously had the clutch td, but he also had a monster block on a little swing pass to either Hunt or Landry that allowed the receiver to pick up 20 plus yards.  He does everything right including the little things like rub routes and blocking.  He has chemistry with Baker. He needs to be on the field in our 3 receiver sets. I get if he refused to go in a game he should be punished.  He has served his time though and it's time to give him more snaps. 

    @bjh2130 said:

    Freddie better get Higgins out of his dog house.  We had Khadarel Hodge on the field on the goalline and he didn't do his job on the rub route screen to Landry (when Landry yelled at him after play) . Higgins meanwhile obviously had the clutch td, but he also had a monster block on a little swing pass to either Hunt or Landry that allowed the receiver to pick up 20 plus yards.  He does everything right including the little things like rub routes and blocking.  He has chemistry with Baker. He needs to be on the field in our 3 receiver sets. I get if he refused to go in a game he should be punished.  He has served his time though and it's time to give him more snaps. 

    Am not giving up on finding that block..it was a classic crash..   but got this

     Watch the shake & get off me on Higgins mind. Watch Bake's head & eyes move from off strong to weak side single coverage. Just like ya drew it up in the dirt at home..       

  • @tinythinker said:

    ?Welcome✋ to 3-6 ?

    Cleveland have achieved half the number of wins as their number of losses on the season and remain two games ahead of the Bengals

    You really are a "tiny thinker" aren't you?

    @the-gipper said:

    You really are a "tiny thinker" aren't you?

    If you don't like the bright spots, that's fine. Don't want to celebrate 3-6? Good. It's sobering to see where the Browns are even after their first win in a long time. But there it is. If it ticks you off, look to Dorsey, who promoted Kitchens in no small part because Mayfield reportedly wanted him. Look to Kitchens and his questionable game management. Add in player drama, injuries, etc.

    The Browns came *very* close to going 2-7 today,  or nearly double the losses to wins. Instead they are a step closer to evening things out in their record by hitting 3-6 instead. And, they aren't in last place in the division, which isn't the best thing in the world, but truthfully is one of the best things you can say about this incarnation of the Browns. It isn't what a lot of people were expecting, but, it's where Cleveland is. At this point 8-8 or 7-9 would be a good finish to the season.