Myles
-
plain and simple: Sissy mason punched Garrett in the jaw while Garrett was being restrained.
He could have had his jaw broken. Wrong to swing the helmet, yep. Should have dropped it, and swung back
at mason and knocked his sissy ass out. Plain and simple. Sissy Mason made this entire episode happen with continued aggression.
Garrett only had one arm/hand available to strike back in self-defense. Too bad it had a helmet in it.....

-
that didn't take long. I suppose the league wants mason to stay on the field. Sissy mason STARTED the whole thing, kept it going. He should have gotten at least one game.
-
Thor's Hammer is a bitch........ I'll put the over/under for Myles returning at week 8 next season. I'm guessing those that thought 1 or 2 games max are a bit surprised right about now.
I am surprised about Pouncey's suspension a bit, but the NFL had to quickly set an example and I'm 100% fine with his 3 games.... no place in the game for head stomping regardless of why.
Myles has saddled this horse, now his teammates and fans get to ride it.
-
Here's my take on the entire event for anyone that cares:
When the fight started between Myles and Mason it was a good ol' football fight between two bitter rivals at the end of an ass kicking by the Browns. Both players grabbing helmets and generally going at..... see it every week in the NFL. Nothing but a 15yd foul for both players and a lot of finger pointing and yo mama calling.
It quickly escalated once Myles ripped off Mason's helmet, and had it have just ended there, then Myles would've probably been kicked out of the game and had a letter from the office in his locker on Tuesday.... nothing else....... so far, no big deal.
Once Myles hit a defenseless player (no headgear) in the head with the helmet, it all changed for Myles, and when Goodell lands the Hammer of Thor on him he'll quickly be reminded of that moment in time..... as will all of his teammates and fans.
Once Myles was tackled down by the 2 Stoolers and one of them (Pouncey?) kicked and punched his PROTECTED BY A HELMET head then he will also receive a letter in his in box from the league, but I doubt any suspension is coming...... I completely understand why Pouncey went batshit crazy after what Myles did and would like to think every single one of my teammates would do the same thing if I were Mason..... That being said, he'll be fined because that went over and above "a good ol' football fight between two rivals".
As for Ogengobi, his move was a pussy blindside sucker shove and he'll also get a nice letter from the league as well, but zero suspension.
..... and that leaves Mason. He'll also get a letter requiring a large donation to the NFL, but like Ogengobi there will be zero suspension.
So to sum it up for me, it started out as a typical Browns/Stoolers football fight but morphed by Myles into something far different.
Here's my take on the entire event for anyone that cares:
When the fight started between Myles and Mason it was a good ol' football fight between two bitter rivals at the end of an ass kicking by the Browns. Both players grabbing helmets and generally going at..... see it every week in the NFL. Nothing but a 15yd foul for both players and a lot of finger pointing and yo mama calling.
It quickly escalated once Myles ripped off Mason's helmet, and had it have just ended there, then Myles would've probably been kicked out of the game and had a letter from the office in his locker on Tuesday.... nothing else....... so far, no big deal.
Once Myles hit a defenseless player (no headgear) in the head with the helmet, it all changed for Myles, and when Goodell lands the Hammer of Thor on him he'll quickly be reminded of that moment in time..... as will all of his teammates and fans.
Once Myles was tackled down by the 2 Stoolers and one of them (Pouncey?) kicked and punched his PROTECTED BY A HELMET head then he will also receive a letter in his in box from the league, but I doubt any suspension is coming...... I completely understand why Pouncey went batshit crazy after what Myles did and would like to think every single one of my teammates would do the same thing if I were Mason..... That being said, he'll be fined because that went over and above "a good ol' football fight between two rivals".
As for Ogengobi, his move was a pussy blindside sucker shove and he'll also get a nice letter from the league as well, but zero suspension.
..... and that leaves Mason. He'll also get a letter requiring a large donation to the NFL, but like Ogengobi there will be zero suspension.
So to sum it up for me, it started out as a typical Browns/Stoolers football fight but morphed by Myles into something far different.
After Myles ripped his helmet off (and got kicked in the balls) he is clearly backing up with two very large Steelers between him and Rudolph. Rudolph charges at him swinging and then Myles completely goes off the rails. I honestly don't understand your "defenseless player" defense of Rudolph. OK, he doesn't have a helmet. But instead of backing away he charges at Garrett. You make it sound like Rudolph was trying to get away and Myles chased him down and bashed his head with a helmet. And BTW, why aren't Pouncey and the other lineman trying to push their quarterback away from the skirmish instead of letting him charge at Garrett?
Rudolph reminds me of Pedro Martinez when he was with the Red Sox. He would throw at hitters, then when the hitter came out to the mound Martinez would hide behind a wall of teammates while still talking shit. (Well, there was the time he stepped up and threw a 72 year old man to the ground.)
-
Thor's Hammer is a bitch........ I'll put the over/under for Myles returning at week 8 next season. I'm guessing those that thought 1 or 2 games max are a bit surprised right about now.
I am surprised about Pouncey's suspension a bit, but the NFL had to quickly set an example and I'm 100% fine with his 3 games.... no place in the game for head stomping regardless of why.
Myles has saddled this horse, now his teammates and fans get to ride it.
Thor's Hammer is a bitch........ I'll put the over/under for Myles returning at week 8 next season. I'm guessing those that thought 1 or 2 games max are a bit surprised right about now.
That is absurd. next season. But, no, not surprised, while 1 or 2 games is like all that is warranted, I expected the league to succumb to media howling and to the optics, while the substance of the action was very minimal. LIke I said, he got hurt worse from the shove from behind than he did when the foam padding of the helmet made contact with his head.
I am surprised about Pouncey's suspension a bit, but the NFL had to quickly set an example and I'm 100% fine with his 3 games.... no place in the game for head stomping regardless of why.
Myles has saddled this horse, now his teammates and fans get to ride it.
As always, it is just: next man up.
-
that didn't take long. I suppose the league wants mason to stay on the field. Sissy mason STARTED the whole thing, kept it going. He should have gotten at least one game.
that didn't take long. I suppose the league wants mason to stay on the field. Sissy mason STARTED the whole thing, kept it going. He should have gotten at least one game.
Further suspensions may follow as they review details. My guess is the red-nosed one will get a suspension as well since he started it by trying to pry off Garrett's helmet from the back of his head. Garrett actually took him down relatively gingerly compared to the one earlier in the season he was fined for.
-
..................... pretty much what every woman beater says to the police when asked how she got that black eye. "If I woulda hit her, she wouldn't be here to talk about it".
^ Life Goals.
Ok dude.... except their is actual video of Myles incident and he clearly is not swinging as hard as he can. And if you are suggesting I am a woman beater because it looked to me that Myles could have swung that thing harder and faster than what he did then I've got nothing more to say to you.
-
Well I backed him to come here, but last night he even knows he is the village idiot for that stunt. The indefinite suspension is the correct one. Myles will have to prove to the NFL powers that be that nothing will ever occur like that again. He should have never retaliated in the first place by ripping off the helmet and he knows it.
-
Well I backed him to come here, but last night he even knows he is the village idiot for that stunt. The indefinite suspension is the correct one. Myles will have to prove to the NFL powers that be that nothing will ever occur like that again. He should have never retaliated in the first place by ripping off the helmet and he knows it.
Well I backed him to come here, but last night he even knows he is the village idiot for that stunt. The indefinite suspension is the correct one. Myles will have to prove to the NFL powers that be that nothing will ever occur like that again. He should have never retaliated in the first place by ripping off the helmet and he knows it.
Amen (out of upvote thingies)
-
..................... pretty much what every woman beater says to the police when asked how she got that black eye. "If I woulda hit her, she wouldn't be here to talk about it".
^ Life Goals.
Ok dude.... except their is actual video of Myles incident and he clearly is not swinging as hard as he can. And if you are suggesting I am a woman beater because it looked to me that Myles could have swung that thing harder and faster than what he did then I've got nothing more to say to you.
Ok dude.... except their is actual video of Myles incident and he clearly is not swinging as hard as he can. And if you are suggesting I am a woman beater because it looked to that Myles could have swung that thing harder and faster than what he did you can just fuck off
Dude, where did I say you are one???? Jeez, what is wrong with your reading skills.
-
2X whatever Rudolph gets is what Garret should get
-
Well I backed him to come here, but last night he even knows he is the village idiot for that stunt. The indefinite suspension is the correct one. Myles will have to prove to the NFL powers that be that nothing will ever occur like that again. He should have never retaliated in the first place by ripping off the helmet and he knows it.
Well I backed him to come here, but last night he even knows he is the village idiot for that stunt. The indefinite suspension is the correct one. Myles will have to prove to the NFL powers that be that nothing will ever occur like that again. He should have never retaliated in the first place by ripping off the helmet and he knows it.
Should Rudolph have attempted to rip Garrett’s helmet off? Or kick him in the balls? Or run after him after they were separated?
-
Ok dude.... except their is actual video of Myles incident and he clearly is not swinging as hard as he can. And if you are suggesting I am a woman beater because it looked to that Myles could have swung that thing harder and faster than what he did you can just fuck off
Dude, where did I say you are one???? Jeez, what is wrong with your reading skills.
-
2X whatever Rudolph gets is what Garret should get
letting sissy mason off completely is a farce. I didn't think they would do it.
-
You said exactly what a woman beater would say while quoting my post and pointing up to it. I apologize for the language though. I edited it but you are quick on the trigger.
lol no worries. I just don't like the defense that (paraphrasing here, not saying you said it!!) <in my best Pittsburgh hillbilly accent> "Myles coulda really hurted him if he wanted to".
I knew last night in the Tavern that he would be gone for a significant amount of time and he should be..... Hell, his teammates and peers that play(ed) the game know he should be too.
Just a bummer for the Browns who don't get a lot of consistent pressure from the front 4 and now they lose their best player on that group.
-
Well I backed him to come here, but last night he even knows he is the village idiot for that stunt. The indefinite suspension is the correct one. Myles will have to prove to the NFL powers that be that nothing will ever occur like that again. He should have never retaliated in the first place by ripping off the helmet and he knows it.
Should Rudolph have attempted to rip Garrett’s helmet off? Or kick him in the balls? Or run after him after they were separated?
Should Rudolph have attempted to rip Garrett’s helmet off? Or kick him in the balls? Or run after him after they were separated?
Nope-but none of that equals what Myles did subsequently. Sorry this is just my unbiased opinion.
-
What has garret done for us? Game changing plays? Turnovers? D scores? Yes he’s been disruptive but that gets balanced by penaltys. I haven’t seen his value yet. Coach don’t help any either.
His value is with teams starting their gameplan to account for his presence and ending the discussion with “find Myles Garrett”. Maybe pose this question to the 10 offensive coordinators that the Browns played.
His value is with teams starting their gameplan to account for his presence and ending the discussion with “find Myles Garrett”. Maybe pose this question to the 10 offensive coordinators that the Browns played.
How do you need to game plan for him? He’s gone now and will have a bullseye on him. If he can’t play, his worth is nada
-
Should Rudolph have attempted to rip Garrett’s helmet off? Or kick him in the balls? Or run after him after they were separated?
Nope-but none of that equals what Myles did subsequently. Sorry this is just my unbiased opinion.
Nope-but none of that equals what Myles did subsequently. Sorry this is just my unbiased opinion.
Rudolph provoked him and prevailed by getting Garrett to react. And the Steelers love him for it.
-
You said exactly what a woman beater would say while quoting my post and pointing up to it. I apologize for the language though. I edited it but you are quick on the trigger.
lol no worries. I just don't like the defense that (paraphrasing here, not saying you said it!!) <in my best Pittsburgh hillbilly accent> "Myles coulda really hurted him if he wanted to".
I knew last night in the Tavern that he would be gone for a significant amount of time and he should be..... Hell, his teammates and peers that play(ed) the game know he should be too.
Just a bummer for the Browns who don't get a lot of consistent pressure from the front 4 and now they lose their best player on that group.
lol no worries. I just don't like the defense that (paraphrasing here, not saying you said it!!) <in my best Pittsburgh hillbilly accent> "Myles coulda really hurted him if he wanted to".
I knew last night in the Tavern that he would be gone for a significant amount of time and he should be..... Hell, his teammates and peers that play(ed) the game know he should be too.
Just a bummer for the Browns who don't get a lot of consistent pressure from the front 4 and now they lose their best player on that group.
Most everyone in the tavern acknowledged he should be out the rest of the season. It wasn't until after multiple views showing what rudolph did that people started to change their tune. I haven't. i still say he should be out the remainder of the year, but saying Rudolph should also be suspended for what he did isn't excusing Garrett or condoning his behavior.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login