Skip to content

Myles

Locked The Browns Board
525 65 16.8k
  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    Out of curiosity more than anything, how does the suspension affect Garrett’s wallet? Has anyone seen that aspect reported? I assume the Browns are off the hook for whatever paychecks would otherwise be due to him for the length of the suspension, but l haven’t seen it reported.

  • Out of curiosity more than anything, how does the suspension affect Garrett’s wallet? Has anyone seen that aspect reported? I assume the Browns are off the hook for whatever paychecks would otherwise be due to him for the length of the suspension, but l haven’t seen it reported.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Out of curiosity more than anything, how does the suspension affect Garrett’s wallet? Has anyone seen that aspect reported? I assume the Browns are off the hook for whatever paychecks would otherwise be due to him for the length of the suspension, but l haven’t seen it reported.

    No fines on Myles. But loss of game checks is pretty big. He draws no pay while suspended

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Out of curiosity more than anything, how does the suspension affect Garrett’s wallet? Has anyone seen that aspect reported? I assume the Browns are off the hook for whatever paychecks would otherwise be due to him for the length of the suspension, but l haven’t seen it reported.

    No fines on Myles. But loss of game checks is pretty big. He draws no pay while suspended

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    No fines on Myles. But loss of game checks is pretty big. He draws no pay while suspended

    Ah ha! Found it, and you are correct. From a Pat McManamon article...

    8. Garrett’s suspension will cost him $1,139,912 in lost salary for the final six games, according to Spotrac.com.The Browns also have from the end of this season until May 3 to decide whether they will pick up Garrett’s fifth-year option from his rookie contract. That would kick in during the 2021 season, and would be in the $15 million range for that one season. Really, that all really seems pretty unimportant right now.

  • An indefinite suspension is so far over the top that I don't know what to say...

    There is no reason to keep this hanging over MG's head the entire off-season and potentially Week-to-week come July, 2020.

    He deserves a number.

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    An indefinite suspension is so far over the top that I don't know what to say...

    There is no reason to keep this hanging over MG's head the entire off-season and potentially Week-to-week come July, 2020.

    He deserves a number.

    Mason deserves a.number as well

  • Sicko's^^  If your here trying to defend MG's, over the top re-actions? get your dawgcheck, mental health check-up Today.. Un-defend-able ❗

    Heard on NFL radio yesterday, The NFLPA only appealed the suspension due to the wording of the players contract..

    Suspended "Indefinite" is not a wording that can be used for a 'on the field' action suspension 

    Amount of suspended 'Games' should be the wording used

    former TB player Derrick Brooks should be hearing the appeal..

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Sicko's^^  If your here trying to defend MG's, over the top re-actions? get your dawgcheck, mental health check-up Today.. Un-defend-able ❗

    Heard on NFL radio yesterday, The NFLPA only appealed the suspension due to the wording of the players contract..

    Suspended "Indefinite" is not a wording that can be used for a 'on the field' action suspension 

    Amount of suspended 'Games' should be the wording used

    former TB player Derrick Brooks should be hearing the appeal..

    You know what? Fuck that. It happened and it was regrettable but now every time I have to see some douche Steeler fan posting Antonio brown face kicking a punter "by accident" I can remind them that Myles Garrett made their quarterback his punk bitch. Fuck the Steelers and their fans and the horse they rode in on. I'm tired of them getting free passes for their bullshit. It went way over the top no denying that but it's about time the browns stood up to the Steelers. 

  • @vagitron said:

    It's seriously hilarious that you think he was trying to Gouge out his fucking eyes through his facemask. It's pretty clear you've never had a football helmet on.

    What?

    Deshone Watson was kicked in the eye.

    If a foot can fit thru a facemask, then so to can a hand.

    You're not very good at this.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    What?

    Deshone Watson was kicked in the eye.

    If a foot can fit thru a facemask, then so to can a hand.

    You're not very good at this.

    LOL LOL LOL

  • @vagitron said:

    It's seriously hilarious that you think he was trying to Gouge out his fucking eyes through his facemask. It's pretty clear you've never had a football helmet on.

    What?

    Deshone Watson was kicked in the eye.

    If a foot can fit thru a facemask, then so to can a hand.

    You're not very good at this.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    What?

    Deshone Watson was kicked in the eye.

    If a foot can fit thru a facemask, then so to can a hand.

    You're not very good at this.

    Maybe that guy had small feet? You know what they say, the smaller the feet...

  • @vagitron said:

    It's seriously hilarious that you think he was trying to Gouge out his fucking eyes through his facemask. It's pretty clear you've never had a football helmet on.

    What?

    Deshone Watson was kicked in the eye.

    If a foot can fit thru a facemask, then so to can a hand.

    You're not very good at this.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    What?

    Deshone Watson was kicked in the eye.

    If a foot can fit thru a facemask, then so to can a hand.

    You're not very good at this.

    I should have specified at the angle of his helmet. Rudolph isn't Edward scissor hands and he wasn't trying to go for Garrett's fucking eyes. The NFL is a fraternity, the majority of the time no one is really trying to hurt the other so when it does happen it's a massive deal. See myles garrett trying to bury a fence post in rudolph's dome. I figured you of all people wouldn't be buying into gippers psycho babble but I guess you are as much of a dipshit too. What Garrett did is unprecedented. Period. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    What?

    Deshone Watson was kicked in the eye.

    If a foot can fit thru a facemask, then so to can a hand.

    You're not very good at this.

    I should have specified at the angle of his helmet. Rudolph isn't Edward scissor hands and he wasn't trying to go for Garrett's fucking eyes. The NFL is a fraternity, the majority of the time no one is really trying to hurt the other so when it does happen it's a massive deal. See myles garrett trying to bury a fence post in rudolph's dome. I figured you of all people wouldn't be buying into gippers psycho babble but I guess you are as much of a dipshit too. What Garrett did is unprecedented. Period. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

     What Garrett did is unprecedented. Period. 

    I have Albert Haynesworth on line 1 for you....  best not to keep that guy waiting.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    No fines on Myles. But loss of game checks is pretty big. He draws no pay while suspended

    Ah ha! Found it, and you are correct. From a Pat McManamon article...

    8. Garrett’s suspension will cost him $1,139,912 in lost salary for the final six games, according to Spotrac.com.The Browns also have from the end of this season until May 3 to decide whether they will pick up Garrett’s fifth-year option from his rookie contract. That would kick in during the 2021 season, and would be in the $15 million range for that one season. Really, that all really seems pretty unimportant right now.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Ah ha! Found it, and you are correct. From a Pat McManamon article...

    8. Garrett’s suspension will cost him $1,139,912 in lost salary for the final six games, according to Spotrac.com.The Browns also have from the end of this season until May 3 to decide whether they will pick up Garrett’s fifth-year option from his rookie contract. 

     Over the Cap shows a est. fine hit of around 900K... remaining structure of deal may contain language the experts won't get right anyway...Haslam's got hit 250K..Let's make a deal Myles?  

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    On 11/16/2019 at 7:32 AM, gumby73 said:

    Sicko's^^  If your here trying to defend MG's, over the top re-actions? get your dawgcheck, mental health check-up Today.. Un-defend-able 

    **************************************

         I don't see anyone here defending what Miles did. His own players won't. The argument is, without a Suh history - "indefinate" ?

    That is BS. The rest of the season, I understand just fine. Here is the problem, again:

         The weasel squealer qb started it. Kitchens even referred to what sissy mason said to him, while he was trying to rip Miles' helmet off. AND sissy mason kicked Garrett in the groin, WHILE he was being held by a squealer olineman. Miles retaliated - and went after sissy mason and could only reach his helmet. The helmet came off because Miles didn't let go, and the offensive lineman pulled him away from sissy mason.

          Now, everybody wishes Miles had dropped the helmet, but he was being held back...no problem with that. Here is another problem:

    who the hell was holding sissy mason back? EH ? Sissy mason, went after Miles AGAIN, WHILE HE WAS STILL BEING RESTRAINED>

        Now, let's all ask ourselves - why didn't any steeler squealer sombeitch stop sissy mason? They let him go after Miles AGAIN?

    The more I explain it... the more I wonder about how it all happened. We all wish Miles hadn't swung the damn helmet. BAd, bad, bad.

        But sissy mason gets NO suspension for instigating again and again and again? Miles was under attack AGAIN, while he was still being restrained, and the restraining was fine, but then he was pulled to the ground, and dirty pouncy was punching toward his face and was being kicked in the head.

      I don't blame Miles for losing his temper and going into self defense mode...but...swinging the helmet he should have dropped crosses the line in a huge way, granted. If another player swung a helmet and got fewer games/not "indefinate"...then leave it to the garbage NFL commish to dump on the Browns and not care...but an appeal is in order.

       I would think that if the NFL's favoritism toward superbowl teams ($$$$$$$$$$$$$) doesn't end eventually, more and more, fans are going to see the NFL as a farce.

  • @tour2ma said:

    What?

    Deshone Watson was kicked in the eye.

    If a foot can fit thru a facemask, then so to can a hand.

    You're not very good at this.

    I should have specified at the angle of his helmet. Rudolph isn't Edward scissor hands and he wasn't trying to go for Garrett's fucking eyes. The NFL is a fraternity, the majority of the time no one is really trying to hurt the other so when it does happen it's a massive deal. See myles garrett trying to bury a fence post in rudolph's dome. I figured you of all people wouldn't be buying into gippers psycho babble but I guess you are as much of a dipshit too. What Garrett did is unprecedented. Period. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    I should have specified at the angle of his helmet. Rudolph isn't Edward scissor hands and he wasn't trying to go for Garrett's fucking eyes. The NFL is a fraternity, the majority of the time no one is really trying to hurt the other so when it does happen it's a massive deal. See myles garrett trying to bury a fence post in rudolph's dome. I figured you of all people wouldn't be buying into gippers psycho babble but I guess you are as much of a dipshit too. What Garrett did is unprecedented. Period. 

    your ignorant ass slutty trolling is unprecedented. Have a nice day somewhere else. Please.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Sicko's^^  If your here trying to defend MG's, over the top re-actions? get your dawgcheck, mental health check-up Today.. Un-defend-able ❗

    Heard on NFL radio yesterday, The NFLPA only appealed the suspension due to the wording of the players contract..

    Suspended "Indefinite" is not a wording that can be used for a 'on the field' action suspension 

    Amount of suspended 'Games' should be the wording used

    former TB player Derrick Brooks should be hearing the appeal..

    You know what? Fuck that. It happened and it was regrettable but now every time I have to see some douche Steeler fan posting Antonio brown face kicking a punter "by accident" I can remind them that Myles Garrett made their quarterback his punk bitch. Fuck the Steelers and their fans and the horse they rode in on. I'm tired of them getting free passes for their bullshit. It went way over the top no denying that but it's about time the browns stood up to the Steelers. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @the-cysko-kid said:

     It went way over the top no denying that but it's about time the browns stood up to the Steelers. 

    Felt good!! I got even with The same bitchtit Steeler fans i work with for years..I had no fight with them saying our team was soft not responding to AB's kick.(and many others).Those same bitchtits, can't say now, Rudolph did not deserve what he got.. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    What?

    Deshone Watson was kicked in the eye.

    If a foot can fit thru a facemask, then so to can a hand.

    You're not very good at this.

    I should have specified at the angle of his helmet. Rudolph isn't Edward scissor hands and he wasn't trying to go for Garrett's fucking eyes. The NFL is a fraternity, the majority of the time no one is really trying to hurt the other so when it does happen it's a massive deal. See myles garrett trying to bury a fence post in rudolph's dome. I figured you of all people wouldn't be buying into gippers psycho babble but I guess you are as much of a dipshit too. What Garrett did is unprecedented. Period. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    I should have specified at the angle of his helmet. Rudolph isn't Edward scissor hands and he wasn't trying to go for Garrett's fucking eyes. The NFL is a fraternity, the majority of the time no one is really trying to hurt the other so when it does happen it's a massive deal. See myles garrett trying to bury a fence post in rudolph's dome. I figured you of all people wouldn't be buying into gippers psycho babble but I guess you are as much of a dipshit too. What Garrett did is unprecedented. Period. 

    Then you'll  LOVE Browns hatah Colin Cowherd's take on the  situation.  Sorry  Vag I  suppose  it's  OK every time a qb gets sacked  to try and pull the  other guys  helmet off,  and kick him in the  nuts. Not buying  his hand was stuck. 

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

     It went way over the top no denying that but it's about time the browns stood up to the Steelers. 

    Felt good!! I got even with The same bitchtit Steeler fans i work with for years..I had no fight with them saying our team was soft not responding to AB's kick.(and many others).Those same bitchtits, can't say now, Rudolph did not deserve what he got.. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Felt good!! I got even with The same bitchtit Steeler fans i work with for years..I had no fight with them saying our team was soft not responding to AB's kick.(and many others).Those same bitchtits, can't say now, Rudolph did not deserve what he got.. 

       I hadn't remembered that ! "The Browns are sissies" "The Browns are soft". "Football is war" etc etc. "The Browns will never get to the superbowl - they aren't mean enough".

       Now vag is complaining the Browns are too tough. "whaaaaaaaaa".

  • @gumby73 said:

    Felt good!! I got even with The same bitchtit Steeler fans i work with for years..I had no fight with them saying our team was soft not responding to AB's kick.(and many others).Those same bitchtits, can't say now, Rudolph did not deserve what he got.. 

       I hadn't remembered that ! "The Browns are sissies" "The Browns are soft". "Football is war" etc etc. "The Browns will never get to the superbowl - they aren't mean enough".

       Now vag is complaining the Browns are too tough. "whaaaaaaaaa".

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

       I hadn't remembered that ! "The Browns are sissies" "The Browns are soft". "Football is war" etc etc. "The Browns will never get to the superbowl - they aren't mean enough".

       Now vag is complaining the Browns are too tough. "whaaaaaaaaa".

    They can now feel the  pain what  other teams felt when Harrison  was knocking  the other teams  players  out with  head shots. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

       I hadn't remembered that ! "The Browns are sissies" "The Browns are soft". "Football is war" etc etc. "The Browns will never get to the superbowl - they aren't mean enough".

       Now vag is complaining the Browns are too tough. "whaaaaaaaaa".

    They can now feel the  pain what  other teams felt when Harrison  was knocking  the other teams  players  out with  head shots. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    @hoorta said:

    They can now feel the  pain what  other teams felt when Harrison  was knocking  the other teams  players  out with  head shots. 

    Exactly ! "What goes around, comes around"

  • @vagitron said:

    I should have specified at the angle of his helmet. Rudolph isn't Edward scissor hands and he wasn't trying to go for Garrett's fucking eyes. The NFL is a fraternity, the majority of the time no one is really trying to hurt the other so when it does happen it's a massive deal. See myles garrett trying to bury a fence post in rudolph's dome. I figured you of all people wouldn't be buying into gippers psycho babble but I guess you are as much of a dipshit too. What Garrett did is unprecedented. Period. 

    Then you'll  LOVE Browns hatah Colin Cowherd's take on the  situation.  Sorry  Vag I  suppose  it's  OK every time a qb gets sacked  to try and pull the  other guys  helmet off,  and kick him in the  nuts. Not buying  his hand was stuck. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Then you'll  LOVE Browns hatah Colin Cowherd's take on the  situation.  Sorry  Vag I  suppose  it's  OK every time a qb gets sacked  to try and pull the  other guys  helmet off,  and kick him in the  nuts. Not buying  his hand was stuck. 

    Isn’t that from the Old Testament? An eye for an eye, a sack for a sack. I’m pretty sure that’s how the saying goes...

  • @gumby73 said:

    Sicko's^^  If your here trying to defend MG's, over the top re-actions? get your dawgcheck, mental health check-up Today.. Un-defend-able ❗

    Heard on NFL radio yesterday, The NFLPA only appealed the suspension due to the wording of the players contract..

    Suspended "Indefinite" is not a wording that can be used for a 'on the field' action suspension 

    Amount of suspended 'Games' should be the wording used

    former TB player Derrick Brooks should be hearing the appeal..

    You know what? Fuck that. It happened and it was regrettable but now every time I have to see some douche Steeler fan posting Antonio brown face kicking a punter "by accident" I can remind them that Myles Garrett made their quarterback his punk bitch. Fuck the Steelers and their fans and the horse they rode in on. I'm tired of them getting free passes for their bullshit. It went way over the top no denying that but it's about time the browns stood up to the Steelers. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    You know what? Fuck that. It happened and it was regrettable but now every time I have to see some douche Steeler fan posting Antonio brown face kicking a punter "by accident" I can remind them that Myles Garrett made their quarterback his punk bitch. Fuck the Steelers and their fans and the horse they rode in on. I'm tired of them getting free passes for their bullshit. It went way over the top no denying that but it's about time the browns stood up to the Steelers. 

    xLbKcg.gif

    Garrett-Helmet-Attack.gif

    I reality....Jones flip flop of Bradshaw was far more dangerous to the Spermsuckers QB than  Garrett's foam pillow fight was. 

  • @bjh2130 said:

    Saying rudolph should also get a suspension (a much shorter one) is not defending Myles. Why can't people understand that.  Most everyone agrees with what was given to Myles so no need to talk about it.  Pointing out what mason did so he should get a game or 2 suspension is not defending Garrett 

    THANK YOU!

    We all heard Rudolph call Garrett's actions "cowardly" & bush league", yet he in NO way acknowledged his own wrong doing in this & he WAS wrong in his actions & his efforts in trying to remove Garrett's helmet alone were very clear & could easily have caused injury.

    Garrett's penalty (IMHO) is justified, but (also IMHO) Rudolph NOT getting suspended for a game or 2 is a TRAVESTY.

    KUDOs to David DeCastro for his attempts to restrain Garrett. He did NOT kick or punch, but was totally professional in his attempts to end the situation. Yes, I AM a true Browns' Fan, but DeCastro's efforts are to be applauded.

    Mike

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @canton-mike said:

    THANK YOU!

    We all heard Rudolph call Garrett's actions "cowardly" & bush league", yet he in NO way acknowledged his own wrong doing in this & he WAS wrong in his actions & his efforts in trying to remove Garrett's helmet alone were very clear & could easily have caused injury.

    Garrett's penalty (IMHO) is justified, but (also IMHO) Rudolph NOT getting suspended for a game or 2 is a TRAVESTY.

    KUDOs to David DeCastro for his attempts to restrain Garrett. He did NOT kick or punch, but was totally professional in his attempts to end the situation. Yes, I AM a true Browns' Fan, but DeCastro's efforts are to be applauded.

    Mike

    @orion said:

    Though true, I don't see the NFL suspending a team's starting QB.....if they can possibly avoid it.

    The QB started it...then got his own hat ripped off...and then came back at Myles for more.   Unfortunately, Myles gave him more.

    A player's POSITION should never have ANY influence in violations!

    Mike