Skip to content

Myles

Locked The Browns Board
525 65 16.8k
  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    And if the appeals committee wants to cry and say, "yeah but, it looked bad", then they can change the rules right then and there, BUT- Myles Garrett should be Grandfathered into what the rules stated at the time of the incident, just like Josh Gordon's suspension after his sample was tested as positive before they raised the tolerance level. If that stands, Garrett stands. And Cleveland and the Dawgs stand behind him.

  • @d-bone said:

    "my sissy mason" lol   Your posts are more off your meds like than usual.

    my bad. you post stupid like a steeler fan, so I just made a faulty assumption.......

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone

    @calfoxwc said:

    my bad. you post stupid like a steeler fan, so I just made a faulty assumption.......

    Why? Because I post about being mad that one of the best players on my favorite team couldn't control his temper when he was provoked which ended up in him getting kicked out of the league for only God(dell) knows when, selfishly hurting his teammates and fans?  Is that why I "post stupid"???

    Maybe I should sound like you, PoG and the other 14yr old girls that cry, cry and fucking cry some more about how the other dude didn't get in the same trouble too?? Yea, then I'd sound kool........ Nah, nope, not my style and not what makes me tick.

    I'm pissed at Myles and hopefully Myles is pissed at Myles too, and not sitting around blaming someone else for his complete and total loss of control. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    my bad. you post stupid like a steeler fan, so I just made a faulty assumption.......

    Why? Because I post about being mad that one of the best players on my favorite team couldn't control his temper when he was provoked which ended up in him getting kicked out of the league for only God(dell) knows when, selfishly hurting his teammates and fans?  Is that why I "post stupid"???

    Maybe I should sound like you, PoG and the other 14yr old girls that cry, cry and fucking cry some more about how the other dude didn't get in the same trouble too?? Yea, then I'd sound kool........ Nah, nope, not my style and not what makes me tick.

    I'm pissed at Myles and hopefully Myles is pissed at Myles too, and not sitting around blaming someone else for his complete and total loss of control. 

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by PoeticG

    @d-bone said:

    Why? Because I post about being mad that one of the best players on my favorite team couldn't control his temper when he was provoked which ended up in him getting kicked out of the league for only God(dell) knows when, selfishly hurting his teammates and fans?  Is that why I "post stupid"???

    Maybe I should sound like you, PoG and the other 14yr old girls that cry, cry and fucking cry some more about how the other dude didn't get in the same trouble too?? Yea, then I'd sound kool........ Nah, nope, not my style and not what makes me tick.

    I'm pissed at Myles and hopefully Myles is pissed at Myles too, and not sitting around blaming someone else for his complete and total loss of control. 

    Dude, Myles only defended himself against a maniac. And it stopped him in his tracks with one whack. Pouncy is the one that piled on after the fact.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    ^ calfoxwc, I know you don't want to sound like him....... You're way better. 

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by PoeticG

    ^Everyone, I know you don't want to sound like him.... Please suspend my favorite player on my favorite team, in the midst of a playoff run for a 15 yard personal foul, for defending himself against a cock grabbing, facemask grasping, completely reckless QB from a team I allegedly hate but I secretly love because they adorn the same colors as my avatar... 

  • ^Everyone, I know you don't want to sound like him.... Please suspend my favorite player on my favorite team, in the midst of a playoff run for a 15 yard personal foul, for defending himself against a cock grabbing, facemask grasping, completely reckless QB from a team I allegedly hate but I secretly love because they adorn the same colors as my avatar... 

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    ^Everyone, I know you don't want to sound like him.... Please suspend my favorite player on my favorite team, in the midst of a playoff run for a 15 yard personal foul... 

    Goddamn you're a fucking moron. 

  • @poeticg said:

    ^Everyone, I know you don't want to sound like him.... Please suspend my favorite player on my favorite team, in the midst of a playoff run for a 15 yard personal foul... 

    Goddamn you're a fucking moron. 

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    Goddamn you're a fucking moron. 

    Do you know how to read? I'm guessing you do since you're here reading this... unless you're using text to speech. But whatever you're using, try this; Go look into the Official NFL Rulebook, take some time for it to sink in and come back and tell us what the rules say... fail to do that and you are the fucking moron, not me.  

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    Can you concede the fact that of what the rules say? ... or are you going to bury your head in the sand? 

  • Can you concede the fact that of what the rules say? ... or are you going to bury your head in the sand? 

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    Can you concede the fact that of what the rules say? ... or are you going to bury your head in the sand? 

    My last reply to you as you are now the one any only fucking pussy that I have on my ignore list. I can no longer stand your crying and I feel sorry for any kid you "coach"...... I mean any kid you Daddy Ball.

    Later fucktard. 

  • @poeticg said:

    Can you concede the fact that of what the rules say? ... or are you going to bury your head in the sand? 

    My last reply to you as you are now the one any only fucking pussy that I have on my ignore list. I can no longer stand your crying and I feel sorry for any kid you "coach"...... I mean any kid you Daddy Ball.

    Later fucktard. 

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by PoeticG

    @d-bone said:

    My last reply to you as you are now the one any only fucking pussy that I have on my ignore list. I can no longer stand your crying and I feel sorry for any kid you "coach"...... I mean any kid you Daddy Ball.

    Later fucktard. 

    Goodnight snowflake, melt away... ❄️

  • @icecube said:

    If I threw a frisbee at you, and you turned around and shot me with a 12-gauge of buckshot, that is essentially what happened here. 

    Except in this case you were to me basically completely messed with the 12 gauge shotgun Because the so-called victim was not harmed whatsoever not whatsoever

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Except in this case you were to me basically completely messed with the 12 gauge shotgun Because the so-called victim was not harmed whatsoever not whatsoever

    And for that reason, I find it funny, in a 3 Stooges kind of way. Luckily, no one was seriously hurt, but it could have gone very bad, but it didn't. ?

  • @d-bone said:

    Why? Because I post about being mad that one of the best players on my favorite team couldn't control his temper when he was provoked which ended up in him getting kicked out of the league for only God(dell) knows when, selfishly hurting his teammates and fans?  Is that why I "post stupid"???

    Maybe I should sound like you, PoG and the other 14yr old girls that cry, cry and fucking cry some more about how the other dude didn't get in the same trouble too?? Yea, then I'd sound kool........ Nah, nope, not my style and not what makes me tick.

    I'm pissed at Myles and hopefully Myles is pissed at Myles too, and not sitting around blaming someone else for his complete and total loss of control. 

    Dude, Myles only defended himself against a maniac. And it stopped him in his tracks with one whack. Pouncy is the one that piled on after the fact.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    Dude, Myles only defended himself against a maniac. And it stopped him in his tracks with one whack. Pouncy is the one that piled on after the fact.

    The funniest thing about Pouncey attack....if you punch a dude with his helmet on, you only hurt yourself. I bet his hands hurt bad. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    my bad. you post stupid like a steeler fan, so I just made a faulty assumption.......

    Why? Because I post about being mad that one of the best players on my favorite team couldn't control his temper when he was provoked which ended up in him getting kicked out of the league for only God(dell) knows when, selfishly hurting his teammates and fans?  Is that why I "post stupid"???

    Maybe I should sound like you, PoG and the other 14yr old girls that cry, cry and fucking cry some more about how the other dude didn't get in the same trouble too?? Yea, then I'd sound kool........ Nah, nope, not my style and not what makes me tick.

    I'm pissed at Myles and hopefully Myles is pissed at Myles too, and not sitting around blaming someone else for his complete and total loss of control. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    I'm pissed at Myles and hopefully Myles is pissed at Myles too, and not sitting around blaming someone else for his complete and total loss of control. 

    so am I. But I'm also intelligent - i also hate the steelers and how they get away with garbage. I never once excused Garrett at all.

     What do you call a freakin pro nfl qb that throws a hissy fit over being legally sacked on the last play of a game, tries to rip off the helmet of the great DE who just easily sacked him cleanly, and tries to scratch his eyes out??? whatever, and then kicks the DE in the groin twice WHILE THE DE IS BEING RESTRAINED, then after that, said quarterback goes after to punch the DE AGAIN, while the DE is still being RESTRAINED?

    I'll delete my other post that got moved and buried... read this:

    *********************************************

    I have a few questions for Troy Vincent, NFL guy who decided punishments.

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/it-was-an-easy-decision-to-suspend-myles-garrett-for-the-season-troy-vincent-tells-cbs-sports-mason-rudolph-will-be-fined.html

    "Vincent also explained his thinking on suspending Browns defensive end Larry Ogunjobi, who ran up to a stationery Rudolph from behind and shoved him to the ground just moments after he had been struck in the head by Garrett with the helmet. Rudolph had already suffered one concussion this season, when he was knocked out cold by Earl Thomas in the Ravens games last month. He missed one game with it.

    "This is an individual who, in our view, was going out of his way to escalate this situation," Vincent said. "This is an action that could start another melee. It is a potential re-escalation."

    **********************************************************

        So, Troy... wasn't the ripping on Garrett's helmet, kicks to Garrett's groin.. an "escalation" ???

    Wasn't Garrett, allowing himself to be restrained with no animosity towards DeCastro, and pulled away from sissy mason....

    the victim of sissy mason's attacking Garrett AGAIN? Is not the latter ANOTHER RE-ESCALATION ?

    And why, if Ogunjobi gets suspended one game for a re-escalation...why not sissy mason?

       For the integrity? of the NFL, I believe somebody needs to ask Troy Vincent just what the hell is going on with his logic of not suspending sissy mason, who STARTED the entire fiasco, who RE-ESCALATED the entire fiasco.

      No freaking wonder refs aren't held accountable, eh, Troy?

    ****************************************

      part of my beef is, the serious lack of fairness. Ogunjobi - suspended for one game for an action they called "re-escaltion".

    So why...in...the...hell..... isn't what sissy mason did, in going after Garrett again... not deescalation???

    It's a simple freaking good question. Try answering it, instead of bitching some smart ass stuff at me.

    *********************************************

  • @d-bone said:

    I'm pissed at Myles and hopefully Myles is pissed at Myles too, and not sitting around blaming someone else for his complete and total loss of control. 

    so am I. But I'm also intelligent - i also hate the steelers and how they get away with garbage. I never once excused Garrett at all.

     What do you call a freakin pro nfl qb that throws a hissy fit over being legally sacked on the last play of a game, tries to rip off the helmet of the great DE who just easily sacked him cleanly, and tries to scratch his eyes out??? whatever, and then kicks the DE in the groin twice WHILE THE DE IS BEING RESTRAINED, then after that, said quarterback goes after to punch the DE AGAIN, while the DE is still being RESTRAINED?

    I'll delete my other post that got moved and buried... read this:

    *********************************************

    I have a few questions for Troy Vincent, NFL guy who decided punishments.

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/it-was-an-easy-decision-to-suspend-myles-garrett-for-the-season-troy-vincent-tells-cbs-sports-mason-rudolph-will-be-fined.html

    "Vincent also explained his thinking on suspending Browns defensive end Larry Ogunjobi, who ran up to a stationery Rudolph from behind and shoved him to the ground just moments after he had been struck in the head by Garrett with the helmet. Rudolph had already suffered one concussion this season, when he was knocked out cold by Earl Thomas in the Ravens games last month. He missed one game with it.

    "This is an individual who, in our view, was going out of his way to escalate this situation," Vincent said. "This is an action that could start another melee. It is a potential re-escalation."

    **********************************************************

        So, Troy... wasn't the ripping on Garrett's helmet, kicks to Garrett's groin.. an "escalation" ???

    Wasn't Garrett, allowing himself to be restrained with no animosity towards DeCastro, and pulled away from sissy mason....

    the victim of sissy mason's attacking Garrett AGAIN? Is not the latter ANOTHER RE-ESCALATION ?

    And why, if Ogunjobi gets suspended one game for a re-escalation...why not sissy mason?

       For the integrity? of the NFL, I believe somebody needs to ask Troy Vincent just what the hell is going on with his logic of not suspending sissy mason, who STARTED the entire fiasco, who RE-ESCALATED the entire fiasco.

      No freaking wonder refs aren't held accountable, eh, Troy?

    ****************************************

      part of my beef is, the serious lack of fairness. Ogunjobi - suspended for one game for an action they called "re-escaltion".

    So why...in...the...hell..... isn't what sissy mason did, in going after Garrett again... not deescalation???

    It's a simple freaking good question. Try answering it, instead of bitching some smart ass stuff at me.

    *********************************************

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    so am I. But I'm also intelligent - i also hate the steelers and how they get away with garbage. I never once excused Garrett at all.

     What do you call a freakin pro nfl qb that throws a hissy fit over being legally sacked on the last play of a game, tries to rip off the helmet of the great DE who just easily sacked him cleanly, and tries to scratch his eyes out??? whatever, and then kicks the DE in the groin twice WHILE THE DE IS BEING RESTRAINED, then after that, said quarterback goes after to punch the DE AGAIN, while the DE is still being RESTRAINED?

    I'll delete my other post that got moved and buried... read this:

    *********************************************

    I have a few questions for Troy Vincent, NFL guy who decided punishments.

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/it-was-an-easy-decision-to-suspend-myles-garrett-for-the-season-troy-vincent-tells-cbs-sports-mason-rudolph-will-be-fined.html

    "Vincent also explained his thinking on suspending Browns defensive end Larry Ogunjobi, who ran up to a stationery Rudolph from behind and shoved him to the ground just moments after he had been struck in the head by Garrett with the helmet. Rudolph had already suffered one concussion this season, when he was knocked out cold by Earl Thomas in the Ravens games last month. He missed one game with it.

    "This is an individual who, in our view, was going out of his way to escalate this situation," Vincent said. "This is an action that could start another melee. It is a potential re-escalation."

    **********************************************************

        So, Troy... wasn't the ripping on Garrett's helmet, kicks to Garrett's groin.. an "escalation" ???

    Wasn't Garrett, allowing himself to be restrained with no animosity towards DeCastro, and pulled away from sissy mason....

    the victim of sissy mason's attacking Garrett AGAIN? Is not the latter ANOTHER RE-ESCALATION ?

    And why, if Ogunjobi gets suspended one game for a re-escalation...why not sissy mason?

       For the integrity? of the NFL, I believe somebody needs to ask Troy Vincent just what the hell is going on with his logic of not suspending sissy mason, who STARTED the entire fiasco, who RE-ESCALATED the entire fiasco.

      No freaking wonder refs aren't held accountable, eh, Troy?

    ****************************************

      part of my beef is, the serious lack of fairness. Ogunjobi - suspended for one game for an action they called "re-escaltion".

    So why...in...the...hell..... isn't what sissy mason did, in going after Garrett again... not deescalation???

    It's a simple freaking good question. Try answering it, instead of bitching some smart ass stuff at me.

    *********************************************

    Fact, the guy that started it all, mason is a white dude and got a fine. You saw the video. The three that got suspended are all brothers. Might seem fair to roger but not me. 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    Hearing day. Time to stir the pot..

    Why have the Browns not suspended Garrett yet? Should they have done something first? ?..

    Knowing the safety issues & given towards QB's.. the league won't back down on letting Garrett on the field the rest of the year.. imho

    Yea agree, Mason did everything but she did not swing a Helmet at a players head..

    My best hope is, the NFL reduces Myles to 4 games.. *only if* the Browns have agreed to giving Garrett the other 2 games.. If we make the playoffs? Garrett Plays

    1)This would give the NFL what it wants from 32..

    2) This could also be a huge momentum boost to the Browns 

    Thoughts?

    read ya after work ?? shake your magic ? Roger

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by hx214

    I don't often agree with PoeticG's take....  But how do they get around the rule book on this one? The rule book specifically says 15 yard Penalty and ejection from the game.  

    I'm not sure what the union's stance is on this, but if they don't want their member to lose money.... their lawyers could have a field day.  How do you just change the rules?

  • I don't often agree with PoeticG's take....  But how do they get around the rule book on this one? The rule book specifically says 15 yard Penalty and ejection from the game.  

    I'm not sure what the union's stance is on this, but if they don't want their member to lose money.... their lawyers could have a field day.  How do you just change the rules?

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @hx214 said:

    I don't often agree with PoeticG's take....  But how do they get around the rule book on this one? The rule book specifically says 15 yard Penalty and ejection from the game.  

    I'm not sure what the union's stance is on this, but if they don't want their member to lose money.... their lawyers could have a field day.  How do you just change the rules?

    You don’t get around the rule book. But it gets changed at a whim it seems. The book says one game.  And there’s no IFs about it.  I thought this kind of behavior was reserved for D. C.

  • The rulebook states that using the helmet as a weapon is a 15 yard penalty and ejection from the game. Since there was only 8 seconds left, Myles should sit out the Miami game and return in time for the Steelers rematch. It's in the books and no amount of crying by the snowflake culture should change Football's rules on dime. 

    Myles Garrett should be suspended from the Miami game and a 250K fine should be paid before he can play again. period. period. period... oh, and Mason Rudolph should also be suspended a game for unruly and reckless behavior... and fined 50 cent for being a bitch.

    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    The rulebook states that using the helmet as a weapon is a 15 yard penalty and ejection from the game. Since there was only 8 seconds left, Myles should sit out the Miami game and return in time for the Steelers rematch. It's in the books and no amount of crying by the snowflake culture should change Football's rules on dime. 

    Myles Garrett should be suspended from the Miami game and a 250K fine should be paid before he can play again. period. period. period... oh, and Mason Rudolph should also be suspended a game for unruly and reckless behavior... and fined 50 cent for being a bitch.

    And the NFL wonders why no one takes it's rulings seriously. The league cannot indefinitely suspend a player for on field infractions, it's clearly stated in the CBA but they just threw it out of the window (or threw it at Myles) in response to faux outrage from talking heads.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Except in this case you were to me basically completely messed with the 12 gauge shotgun Because the so-called victim was not harmed whatsoever not whatsoever

    And for that reason, I find it funny, in a 3 Stooges kind of way. Luckily, no one was seriously hurt, but it could have gone very bad, but it didn't. ?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @icecube said:

    And for that reason, I find it funny, in a 3 Stooges kind of way. Luckily, no one was seriously hurt, but it could have gone very bad, but it didn't. ?

    Precisely....it did NOT go bad at all.   It just LOOKED bad.....we all agree on that. 

    But the NFL does not seem to know the difference (in legal terms)  between intention and reality.  

    Certainly I have seen it in a number of situations.   Take Domestic Violence.   A man...or a woman, can get enraged at their spouse....and do something stupid like swing at that other person...or use some household device as a makeshift weapon.....a rolling pin?  frying pan...whatever.  If the makeshit weapon is swung, and just a glancing blow occurs that causes no real harm or injury, that doe NOT excuse the action.....but the fact that the victim is not hurt at all or seriously hurt  absolutely affects what the actual charges would be that are brought...and would absolutely affect the punishment that is administered.   In a proper legal setting, that is.    But, as we know, the NFL disciplinary process is basically a kangaroo court....the punishment being based purely on the whim of the person who applies it.   In many or most circumstances there are no guidelines.  Or if there are, they have come by them with great difficulty, and even then, those guidelines may not be adhered to. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    So, Troy... wasn't the ripping on Garrett's helmet, kicks to Garrett's groin.. an "escalation" ???

    Wasn't Garrett, allowing himself to be restrained with no animosity towards DeCastro, and pulled away from sissy mason....

    the victim of sissy mason's attacking Garrett AGAIN? Is not the latter ANOTHER RE-ESCALATION ?

    And why, if Ogunjobi gets suspended one game for a re-escalation...why not sissy mason?

       For the integrity? of the NFL, I believe somebody needs to ask Troy Vincent just what the hell is going on with his logic of not suspending sissy mason, who STARTED the entire fiasco, who RE-ESCALATED the entire fiasco.

      No freaking wonder refs aren't held accountable, eh, Troy?

    ****************************************

      part of my beef is, the serious lack of fairness. Ogunjobi - suspended for one game for an action they called "re-escaltion".

    So why...in...the...hell..... isn't what sissy mason did, in going after Garrett again... not deescalation???

    It's a simple freaking good question. Try answering it, instead of bitching some smart ass stuff at me.

    See my previous post.  I think you bring up some fair questions ...which I think I have addressed there a bit.  

    I mean, I hate to keep harping on about how this would be handled in a court of law.....but as I said, in a court the arbiter cannot be whimsical.  He must take into account all factors.  Certainly the egregious actions of the accused must be dealt with....but those other factors of provocation and victim impact would also be required to be taken into consideration.  But not, apparently, by the NFL.