Two of the Best places to retire are in Cleveland area
-
No. 2: Brecksville, Ohio
Neighborhood: Royalton Road / Old Royalton Road
Scout's Retirement Score 97 of 100 (excellent)
Median House Value: $213,600
About 15 miles south of Cleveland, Brecksville is surrounded by hilly, wooded terrain, manicured country clubs, and an urbane, educated community. Visitors are amazed by the beauty of the surrounding countryside. If you hadn't thought of retiring to the Cleveland area, Brecksville's charm and sophistication might surprise you.
No. 14: Lyndhurst, Ohio
Neighborhood: Richmond Road / Cedar Road
Scout's Retirement Score 84 of 100 (very good)
Median House Value: $192,900
This Richmond Road and Cedar Road area, in this beautiful all-American town east of Cleveland, is a quiet, walkable neighborhood full of sophisticated, educated seniors and two magnificent country clubs, the Mayfield and the Acacia. By national standards, real estate prices are amazing for such a high-quality locale.
-
Too bad you live in Parma, jk. This is surprising.
-
Says who??
Where are the others? I wouldn't want to live in either of those places.
-
Says who??
Where are the others? I wouldn't want to live in either of those places.
That's your opinion I guess. Personally I like both. Brecksville is only about 7 miles from where I live. Nice community, quiet with Metro parks and golf courses. Lyndhurst is also nice, Legacy Village, Beachwood Place, etc. I don't see anything wrong with either choice.
Link: http://www.walletpop.com/retirement/best-r...tirement-values
-
The only good thing about living in Parma is that the bowling alleys stay open all night.
sure beats playing shuffle board in the snow, boy its Hot down here at the beach!

-
The Kielbasi and Pierogi are great. Try getting those in NC.
Pierogi's are the best food in the world. I got to make it out to Parma.
-
Says who??
Where are the others? I wouldn't want to live in either of those places.
That's your opinion I guess. Personally I like both. Brecksville is only about 7 miles from where I live. Nice community, quiet with Metro parks and golf courses. Lyndhurst is also nice, Legacy Village, Beachwood Place, etc. I don't see anything wrong with either choice.
Link: http://www.walletpop.com/retirement/best-r...tirement-values
That's your opinion I guess. Personally I like both. Brecksville is only about 7 miles from where I live. Nice community, quiet with Metro parks and golf courses. Lyndhurst is also nice, Legacy Village, Beachwood Place, etc. I don't see anything wrong with either choice.
Link: http://www.walletpop.com/retirement/best-r...tirement-values
Thanks for the link..I just wanted to see the others.
i didn't mean to sound snippy earlier and sorry if it came across that way...I have been to Brecksville...nice area....never to Lyndhurst.
It is just my opinion....I grew up in Bay..if I ever moved back, I suppose it would be there.
-
The Kielbasi and Pierogi are great. Try getting those in NC.
Can you send me some, the specialty around here is BarbQ that is soaked in vinegar. blah!
I bought some bratts last week and cooked them on the grill, now those were good.
-
The Kielbasi and Pierogi are great. Try getting those in NC.
Can you send me some, the specialty around here is BarbQ that is soaked in vinegar. blah!
I bought some bratts last week and cooked them on the grill, now those were good.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login