Skip to content

Freddie Dealing with Myles

The Browns Board
57 18 1.4k
  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I don’t think you’ll get much push back here, but I’m pretty sure the NFL and the court of public opinion will get the job done re: Myles Garrett. 

    There’s a reason courts differentiate premeditated crimes and crimes of passion. The dude lost his head and did inexcusable shit that will not be excused, as inexcusable shit is wont to do. 

    No coach wants to coach the passion out of any player, but rather direct that passion, and frankly, that’s pretty much the pinnacle of coaching. The self actualization of coaching, the top tier of the craft, and expecting a rookie HC to be that guy is a tall order. 

    I’m more concerned with Freddie navigating the rest of the team after this than l am his ability to coach up Myles Garrett in light of this. I’m pretty sure Myles Garrett can correct himself after his penance is paid. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I might be insane for thinking this, but I have this weird feeling that this incident will actually draw the team together.

    Mason Rudolph getting away scot-free might actually benefit the Browns if they use this to come together as a team. 

  • I might be insane for thinking this, but I have this weird feeling that this incident will actually draw the team together.

    Mason Rudolph getting away scot-free might actually benefit the Browns if they use this to come together as a team. 

    hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @dutch-oven said:

    Mason Rudolph getting away scot-free might actually benefit the Browns if they use this to come together as a team. 

    That’s the part that pisses me off so much about the whole thing.... if it pisses me off, I’m sure it really is going to motivate the defense the next time they play..... 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #6

    Am reading a lot of the blame Freddie for everything long Log list..but can ya really blame everything on Freddie?

    He has position coaches & Wilks side of the ball & staff has not been the real issue. 

    Myles issue, almost falls under the... "AB just kicked your kicker in the head, but were a soft team so we (Hue) won't react".. I hope to never see this team, go backwards on team toughness fouls.. to not even sticking up for your own kicker. It gave us a bad look & i back Freddie on this one.. 

    Here's a few Freddie's game management? I'd like to see change

    1) Can Campen continue to watch Robinson get beat like a drum repeat-it-lee? Bench him in game..Pittsburgh uses Zach Banner as a 6th reported lineman..why can't we do this? 

    2) I just watched Freddie use a timeout with 6:10 left in 3rd. 3rd & 10 & you betcha, we dial up a 7 yard pass to Landry ? We punt it into endzone, for a 28 yard net punt & we get a holding call, making the punt a 18 yard net 😛..luckily by drives end, Randall blitzed while Ward gets the tip & Burnette gets the pick..  btw..Burnette ended his season by only trying to turn by opening his right hip & turn with nobody around him..maybe a turf monster got him?

    3)Hunt needs to be used more in the Duke running role & catching moving slants down field.. We can't block a screen play to save our own butts..were also that close to getting called for illegal lineman down field

  • Am reading a lot of the blame Freddie for everything long Log list..but can ya really blame everything on Freddie?

    He has position coaches & Wilks side of the ball & staff has not been the real issue. 

    Myles issue, almost falls under the... "AB just kicked your kicker in the head, but were a soft team so we (Hue) won't react".. I hope to never see this team, go backwards on team toughness fouls.. to not even sticking up for your own kicker. It gave us a bad look & i back Freddie on this one.. 

    Here's a few Freddie's game management? I'd like to see change

    1) Can Campen continue to watch Robinson get beat like a drum repeat-it-lee? Bench him in game..Pittsburgh uses Zach Banner as a 6th reported lineman..why can't we do this? 

    2) I just watched Freddie use a timeout with 6:10 left in 3rd. 3rd & 10 & you betcha, we dial up a 7 yard pass to Landry ? We punt it into endzone, for a 28 yard net punt & we get a holding call, making the punt a 18 yard net 😛..luckily by drives end, Randall blitzed while Ward gets the tip & Burnette gets the pick..  btw..Burnette ended his season by only trying to turn by opening his right hip & turn with nobody around him..maybe a turf monster got him?

    3)Hunt needs to be used more in the Duke running role & catching moving slants down field.. We can't block a screen play to save our own butts..were also that close to getting called for illegal lineman down field

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @gumby73 said:

    1) Can Campen continue to watch Robinson get beat like a drum repeat-it-lee? Bench him in game..Pittsburgh uses Zach Banner as a 6th reported lineman..why can't we do this? 

    Granted l’m only a quarter into rewatching and breaking down the Oline play, but Robinson looking pretty good so far. Hubbard’s the guy getting beat like a drum by Watt’s outside speed rush. 

    Come on Hubbard. He’s gonna keep doing it until you stop it. Why do you keep hitting yourself? Why do you keep hitting yourself? Why do you keep hitting yourself?...

  • I might be insane for thinking this, but I have this weird feeling that this incident will actually draw the team together.

    Mason Rudolph getting away scot-free might actually benefit the Browns if they use this to come together as a team. 

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @dutch-oven said:

    I might be insane for thinking this, but I have this weird feeling that this incident will actually draw the team together.

    Mason Rudolph getting away scot-free might actually benefit the Browns 

    Of course the team has been playing better and better but this may be the catalyst that sends it in to overdrive.

    We can only hope.

  • I don’t think you’ll get much push back here, but I’m pretty sure the NFL and the court of public opinion will get the job done re: Myles Garrett. 

    There’s a reason courts differentiate premeditated crimes and crimes of passion. The dude lost his head and did inexcusable shit that will not be excused, as inexcusable shit is wont to do. 

    No coach wants to coach the passion out of any player, but rather direct that passion, and frankly, that’s pretty much the pinnacle of coaching. The self actualization of coaching, the top tier of the craft, and expecting a rookie HC to be that guy is a tall order. 

    I’m more concerned with Freddie navigating the rest of the team after this than l am his ability to coach up Myles Garrett in light of this. I’m pretty sure Myles Garrett can correct himself after his penance is paid. 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I don’t think you’ll get much push back here, but I’m pretty sure the NFL and the court of public opinion will get the job done re: Myles Garrett. 

    There’s a reason courts differentiate premeditated crimes and crimes of passion. The dude lost his head and did inexcusable shit that will not be excused, as inexcusable shit is wont to do. 

    No coach wants to coach the passion out of any player, but rather direct that passion, and frankly, that’s pretty much the pinnacle of coaching. The self actualization of coaching, the top tier of the craft, and expecting a rookie HC to be that guy is a tall order. 

    I’m more concerned with Freddie navigating the rest of the team after this than l am his ability to coach up Myles Garrett in light of this. I’m pretty sure Myles Garrett can correct himself after his penance is paid. 

    Bingo. I'm not sure Fred will even be back next season regardless. He's been out-coached all season long, and the team seems way too undisciplined, which is the head coach's job. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Mason Rudolph getting away scot-free might actually benefit the Browns if they use this to come together as a team. 

    That’s the part that pisses me off so much about the whole thing.... if it pisses me off, I’m sure it really is going to motivate the defense the next time they play..... 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @hx214 said:

    That’s the part that pisses me off so much about the whole thing.... if it pisses me off, I’m sure it really is going to motivate the defense the next time they play..... 

    I would look out for knee shots to the DL from Pittsburgh's O linemen next game. Word is out of da Burgh is that they are looking for street justice. 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #11

    they don't need excuses for their hitlists... it's whatever helps them win a game.

    Just like Carson Palmer's knee, etc etc etc etc etc.

  • @hx214 said:

    That’s the part that pisses me off so much about the whole thing.... if it pisses me off, I’m sure it really is going to motivate the defense the next time they play..... 

    I would look out for knee shots to the DL from Pittsburgh's O linemen next game. Word is out of da Burgh is that they are looking for street justice. 

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @icecube said:

    I would look out for knee shots to the DL from Pittsburgh's O linemen next game. Word is out of da Burgh is that they are looking for street justice. 

    News bulletin- Pittsburgh is full of wannabe thugs and rapists. That's their MO. And partly, mostly the reason for Myles Garrett having to play whack-a-troll with their spineless QB.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #13

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Every one of the hits that players take without a helmet on are worse than the one that blitzen took. When a player is wearing the helmet it has weight behind it. I keep hearing Myles used a deadly weapon in his "attack"...  swinging an empty helmet is like a gun without bullets in it.

  • I might be insane for thinking this, but I have this weird feeling that this incident will actually draw the team together.

    Mason Rudolph getting away scot-free might actually benefit the Browns if they use this to come together as a team. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @dutch-oven said:

    I might be insane for thinking this, but I have this weird feeling that this incident will actually draw the team together.

    Mason Rudolph getting away scot-free might actually benefit the Browns if they use this to come together as a team. 

    I stated this a little differently elsewhere. It's an opportunity  for the rest of the team to get better collectively without a "star" to attract extra attention from offenses. Now they all have to play up to their billing!. They can be far better next year after he returns than before he was suspended.

  • Every one of the hits that players take without a helmet on are worse than the one that blitzen took. When a player is wearing the helmet it has weight behind it. I keep hearing Myles used a deadly weapon in his "attack"...  swinging an empty helmet is like a gun without bullets in it.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @poeticg said:

    Every one of the hits that players take without a helmet on are worse than the one that blitzen took. When a player is wearing the helmet it has weight behind it. I keep hearing Myles used a deadly weapon in his "attack"...  swinging an empty helmet is like a gun without bullets in it.

    Just stop. You sound as idiotic as Carmen Policy telling people that beer bottles don't pack much of a wallop when chucked at referees.

  • @poeticg said:

    Every one of the hits that players take without a helmet on are worse than the one that blitzen took. When a player is wearing the helmet it has weight behind it. I keep hearing Myles used a deadly weapon in his "attack"...  swinging an empty helmet is like a gun without bullets in it.

    Just stop. You sound as idiotic as Carmen Policy telling people that beer bottles don't pack much of a wallop when chucked at referees.

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @dutch-oven said:

    Just stop. You sound as idiotic as Carmen Policy telling people that beer bottles don't pack much of a wallop when chucked at referees.

    So the position you are gonna take is a helmet swung is more dangerous being speared by someone wearing the same helmet? Okay, who's idiotic now?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Just stop. You sound as idiotic as Carmen Policy telling people that beer bottles don't pack much of a wallop when chucked at referees.

    So the position you are gonna take is a helmet swung is more dangerous being speared by someone wearing the same helmet? Okay, who's idiotic now?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @poeticg said:

    So the position you are gonna take is a helmet swung is more dangerous being speared by someone wearing the same helmet? Okay, who's idiotic now?

    You. 

    When you are involved in a game of "Who is the idiot?" you are always the winner. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @poeticg said:

    You. Make. No. Sense. 

    When you are involved in a game of "Who's the faggot?" you always open your mouth as wide as possible.

    You kiss your wife/cousin with that mouth? 

  • @poeticg said:

    Every one of the hits that players take without a helmet on are worse than the one that blitzen took. When a player is wearing the helmet it has weight behind it. I keep hearing Myles used a deadly weapon in his "attack"...  swinging an empty helmet is like a gun without bullets in it.

    Just stop. You sound as idiotic as Carmen Policy telling people that beer bottles don't pack much of a wallop when chucked at referees.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @dutch-oven said:

    Just stop. You sound as idiotic as Carmen Policy telling people that beer bottles don't pack much of a wallop when chucked at referees.

    Well, plastic bottles don't if they're empty. Yeah- was at Bottlegate. Different story when they're throwing fully loaded 16 ouncers out of the upper deck.   

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @poeticg said:

    Oh, does that offend you snowflake?

    Why would you being married to your cousin offend me?

    I've been to Alliance from time to time. Your marriage is par for the course for Alliance. 

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #22