Skip to content

Pitt-Browns game time changed to 1 PM

The Browns Board
13 8 817
  • https://triblive.com/sports/nfl-moves-dec-1-steelers-browns-game-to-1-p-m-kickoff/

    What do you make of that? I look at it as the NFL is embarrassed by the whole fight and worries there may be more ugliness and wants the 1:00 time so less people watch it. 

    Kind of a cowardly way out. The NFL just wants this to go away. 

  • https://triblive.com/sports/nfl-moves-dec-1-steelers-browns-game-to-1-p-m-kickoff/

    What do you make of that? I look at it as the NFL is embarrassed by the whole fight and worries there may be more ugliness and wants the 1:00 time so less people watch it. 

    Kind of a cowardly way out. The NFL just wants this to go away. 

    @icecube said:

    .....Kind of a cowardly way out. The NFL just wants this to go away. 

    Exactly even if it would have been a good ratings Sunday late afternoon game. I'm surprised they didn't move it to London at 9 am EST.  🥷

  • Is there an explanation for it?    

    I see where the Cowboys/Patriots play that  4:25 time slot.  I suppose the NFL and the Networks want everybody to watch those two FRAKass teams....and a Browns/Steelers game would take eyeballs off their favored teams.    Since those are the 2 teams, the owners of which the league kowtows to the most. 

    And did they replace our game with another?  The other late game is the Jags/Titans.   An important game...but certainly not the scintillating matchup the Browns game would be. Or did they just move our game? 

    Another question:

    Whatever happened to the guy that used to post the weekly  TV maps of where games will be played.    I always like that feature, but I don't think we have seen it on here in a while.    Can somebody find it and post it? 

  • Im not the one who posted but it's

    506sports.com

    The maps come out Wednesday and that change was already there. I check it every week to see if the Browns will be on TV here in Southern West Virginia (they're not this week).

  • This was reported very early in the week.

    They obviously want as few eyes on the game as possible.......fearing some problems at / during the game.

  • Zombo said:

    Are you locked up somewhere with no access to internet from Monday to Friday?

    Z

    I'm not sure I understand your point, but had it been posted in here already? Why not?

  • dumb and dumber.png

  • Im not the one who posted but it's

    506sports.com

    The maps come out Wednesday and that change was already there. I check it every week to see if the Browns will be on TV here in Southern West Virginia (they're not this week).

    @dusty said:

    Im not the one who posted but it's

    506sports.com

    The maps come out Wednesday and that change was already there. I check it every week to see if the Browns will be on TV here in Southern West Virginia (they're not this week).

    Thanks.   I looked it up and here is that link:

    https://506sports.com/

    I think they just wanted the entire country watching Dallas/New England.....like I said, they apparently just want to appeal to the FRAK assholes. 

  • Is there an explanation for it?    

    I see where the Cowboys/Patriots play that  4:25 time slot.  I suppose the NFL and the Networks want everybody to watch those two FRAKass teams....and a Browns/Steelers game would take eyeballs off their favored teams.    Since those are the 2 teams, the owners of which the league kowtows to the most. 

    And did they replace our game with another?  The other late game is the Jags/Titans.   An important game...but certainly not the scintillating matchup the Browns game would be. Or did they just move our game? 

    Another question:

    Whatever happened to the guy that used to post the weekly  TV maps of where games will be played.    I always like that feature, but I don't think we have seen it on here in a while.    Can somebody find it and post it? 

    @the-gipper said:

    Is there an explanation for it?    

    I see where the Cowboys/Patriots play that  4:25 time slot.  I suppose the NFL and the Networks want everybody to watch those two FRAKass teams....and a Browns/Steelers game would take eyeballs off their favored teams.    Since those are the 2 teams, the owners of which the league kowtows to the most. 

    And did they replace our game with another?  The other late game is the Jags/Titans.   An important game...but certainly not the scintillating matchup the Browns game would be. Or did they just move our game? 

    Another question:

    Whatever happened to the guy that used to post the weekly  TV maps of where games will be played.    I always like that feature, but I don't think we have seen it on here in a while.    Can somebody find it and post it? 

    You ask, you get...  http://506sports.com

    A little surprised the CBS early isn't the Bungles- Squealers game in NE Ohio....  NOT surprised the Pats- Cowboys game is the only show in town. Probably why the Browns game got moved.....  

  • @the-gipper said:

    Is there an explanation for it?    

    I see where the Cowboys/Patriots play that  4:25 time slot.  I suppose the NFL and the Networks want everybody to watch those two FRAKass teams....and a Browns/Steelers game would take eyeballs off their favored teams.    Since those are the 2 teams, the owners of which the league kowtows to the most. 

    And did they replace our game with another?  The other late game is the Jags/Titans.   An important game...but certainly not the scintillating matchup the Browns game would be. Or did they just move our game? 

    Another question:

    Whatever happened to the guy that used to post the weekly  TV maps of where games will be played.    I always like that feature, but I don't think we have seen it on here in a while.    Can somebody find it and post it? 

    You ask, you get...  http://506sports.com

    A little surprised the CBS early isn't the Bungles- Squealers game in NE Ohio....  NOT surprised the Pats- Cowboys game is the only show in town. Probably why the Browns game got moved.....  

    @hoorta said:

    You ask, you get...  http://506sports.com

    A little surprised the CBS early isn't the Bungles- Squealers game in NE Ohio....  NOT surprised the Pats- Cowboys game is the only show in town. Probably why the Browns game got moved.....  

    Uhm...I suspect now that is because we have the Browns and Dolphins in the early game on CBS.

    And apparently we do have the Jags/Titans game on here in the late slot as well.

    That game is actually far more interesting to me, as see our discussions about playoff chances..  The Jags/Tits game has far more affect on the Browns situations that the FRAK1 vs. FRAK 2 game. 

  • Just in case

     They switched for the Oakland- K.C. Game. That was deemed a better match up than Browns at Stoolville by the tv honchos

  • Just in case

     They switched for the Oakland- K.C. Game. That was deemed a better match up than Browns at Stoolville by the tv honchos

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Just in case

     They switched for the Oakland- K.C. Game. That was deemed a better match up than Browns at Stoolville by the tv honchos

    I'd say that game is more meaningful; Pitt-Browns are 2 teams most likely out of playoff contention, Raiders-Chiefs both in the hunt and both fighting for the div. lead.