I hate the Ravens
-
Hate... love whatever... the Ravens are the scariest team in the NFL right now.
And when you can whip a team as good as the Rams are supposed to be you can talk all you want...
-
So i took a peek back at the 40-25 win at Ravens ?... Yes!! Lamar does require some Micheal Jordan Rules that the Motor City Bad Boyz semi* mastered..
1) This will sound odd? But hope this next game stays at 1PM.. Even at Louisville Lamar's passing eye depth just seems better at night than during daylight hours..IDK why & am not a doctor, but keep this Cat away from primetime under the lights hours..
2) Lamar 66 rushing..Ingram 77 rushing..They rushed total 173 yards
3) Remember the Birds dropped a ton of footballs. Was TE Andrews worse game. WR M. Brown not great either. Lamar only missed on 10 passes, 24 of 34 for 247 & 3 Td's..Also tossed up 2 rather large Picks.. and was Sacked 4 times & yes -2 yards goes in the books as a sack
4) We played with a 7-0 lead 1st qt. up to 10-7 at the half. That Moe, built to scoring 30 points in the 2nd half..
5) Don't count on C Matt Skura returning this season..that leg looked ugly
..losing starting Centers matter
6) I got no idea what Wade Phillips was dialing up on D.. Weddle looks slower & adding Ramsey just seems to have added more confusion on backend failing to cover anybody
7) Lamar rules has to include contain, stay in your lane & don't miss tackles, by simply taking good angles..and Dear Lord, squeeze wrap this guy till maybe some help arrives (we did a lot of this)
? Finally, Here's who Tackled Lamar from Top down to 2 tackles.. Schobert/Whitehead/Carrie/Wilson/Richardson/Ogun/Murray/Mitchell/Randall.... anybody see a pattern here? winning assignments & winning matchups matter too.. Wilks has got this!!
-
If Lamar is going to be THAT accurate, there's not much you can do. One of the reasons we beat them is because he JUST missed two very important throws, and they had a mix up on a critical 4th down. They're an EXTREMELY good team, and they're red hot.
But I hate them, and I'd absolutely LOVE to beat their asses again!
-
They look unbeatable. I don't think even the 49ers will beat them. It looks like Jackson took some hits last night, so that's really the only way I see that they don't win it all. If someone takes Jackson out, they come down to earth, but I have to admit, Ingram looks great. I give most of the credit to Harbaugh for finding an O.C. and building an offense tailored to Jackson.
They look unbeatable. I don't think even the 49ers will beat them. It looks like Jackson took some hits last night, so that's really the only way I see that they don't win it all. If someone takes Jackson out, they come down to earth, but I have to admit, Ingram looks great. I give most of the credit to Harbaugh for finding an O.C. and building an offense tailored to Jackson.
Let’s stop the car right there. They are beatable. Jackson is an average qb at best there d is average at best the o- line is among the best. How to beat them. I’ll tell you. First you can set in a zone and have no pressure and give Jackson 6 to 9 seconds to set back there. Two you have to shut the run down mainly o. The edges. So personnel comes in to this. Run a bear front and play man. On the other side team need to run the ball. Mainly off tackle. There secondary is not that good the problem is the nfl is letting there corners mug the receivers. And there lies the problem, the nfl is protecting to raven, as there are with the stillers and pats. Honestly how many holding and pass interference calls did the ravens get away with last night.
-
They look unbeatable. I don't think even the 49ers will beat them. It looks like Jackson took some hits last night, so that's really the only way I see that they don't win it all. If someone takes Jackson out, they come down to earth, but I have to admit, Ingram looks great. I give most of the credit to Harbaugh for finding an O.C. and building an offense tailored to Jackson.
Let’s stop the car right there. They are beatable. Jackson is an average qb at best there d is average at best the o- line is among the best. How to beat them. I’ll tell you. First you can set in a zone and have no pressure and give Jackson 6 to 9 seconds to set back there. Two you have to shut the run down mainly o. The edges. So personnel comes in to this. Run a bear front and play man. On the other side team need to run the ball. Mainly off tackle. There secondary is not that good the problem is the nfl is letting there corners mug the receivers. And there lies the problem, the nfl is protecting to raven, as there are with the stillers and pats. Honestly how many holding and pass interference calls did the ravens get away with last night.
Let’s stop the car right there. They are beatable. Jackson is an average qb at best there d is average at best the o- line is among the best. How to beat them. I’ll tell you. First you can set in a zone and have no pressure and give Jackson 6 to 9 seconds to set back there. Two you have to shut the run down mainly o. The edges. So personnel comes in to this. Run a bear front and play man. On the other side team need to run the ball. Mainly off tackle. There secondary is not that good the problem is the nfl is letting there corners mug the receivers. And there lies the problem, the nfl is protecting to raven, as there are with the stillers and pats. Honestly how many holding and pass interference calls did the ravens get away with last night.
Come on man, yes they're beatable but Jackson is going to win MVP of the damn league. He's statistically playing better than Michael Vick's best season as a pro. His one weakness (intermediate to long throws) has improved significantly throughout the season.
-
Let’s stop the car right there. They are beatable. Jackson is an average qb at best there d is average at best the o- line is among the best. How to beat them. I’ll tell you. First you can set in a zone and have no pressure and give Jackson 6 to 9 seconds to set back there. Two you have to shut the run down mainly o. The edges. So personnel comes in to this. Run a bear front and play man. On the other side team need to run the ball. Mainly off tackle. There secondary is not that good the problem is the nfl is letting there corners mug the receivers. And there lies the problem, the nfl is protecting to raven, as there are with the stillers and pats. Honestly how many holding and pass interference calls did the ravens get away with last night.
Come on man, yes they're beatable but Jackson is going to win MVP of the damn league. He's statistically playing better than Michael Vick's best season as a pro. His one weakness (intermediate to long throws) has improved significantly throughout the season.
Come on man, yes they're beatable but Jackson is going to win MVP of the damn league. He's statistically playing better than Michael Vick's best season as a pro. His one weakness (intermediate to long throws) has improved significantly throughout the season.
You come down to the questions like is it the supporting cast, system, opponents reading him wrong, is he just "in the zone"?
Or is he young and that really that good? The AFCN might have LJ vs BM for awhile.
-
Come on man, yes they're beatable but Jackson is going to win MVP of the damn league. He's statistically playing better than Michael Vick's best season as a pro. His one weakness (intermediate to long throws) has improved significantly throughout the season.
You come down to the questions like is it the supporting cast, system, opponents reading him wrong, is he just "in the zone"?
Or is he young and that really that good? The AFCN might have LJ vs BM for awhile.
You come down to the questions like is it the supporting cast, system, opponents reading him wrong, is he just "in the zone"?
Or is he young and that really that good? The AFCN might have LJ vs BM for awhile.
My POV is teams had almost a year's worth of tape on Jackson, and he's improved dramatically. The same could be said about teams having tape on Baker, but it's taken him until the last four games or so to get out of the sophomore slump. Let's just hope for the Browns sake Mayfield's uptick in performance isn't a mirage.
-
The rams didn't match up well with the ratbuzzards, and that is a huge understatement. The ratbuzzard oline totally dominated the rams. That is their big advantage.Actually, their defense totally dominated the rams, too. It was pitiful.
Except when they played our Browns. Browns 40, rats 25 was it? We matched up with them on defense vs their offense.
A lot of it is matchups, especially the big guys upfront. We have those on defense, and the Browns offensive line...on a really good day..
can sweep the bengals, squealers and rats this season !
-
Offensively, the Ratbirds are unusual.
Their leading rusher is a QB, and their leading receiver is a TE.
In all of my years of watching the NFL...I don't recall seeing an offense quite like this one.
-
Offensively, the Ratbirds are unusual.
Their leading rusher is a QB, and their leading receiver is a TE.
In all of my years of watching the NFL...I don't recall seeing an offense quite like this one.
Offensively, the Ratbirds are unusual.
Their leading rusher is a QB, and their leading receiver is a TE.
In all of my years of watching the NFL...I don't recall seeing an offense quite like this one.
It's making a mockery of the game IMHO.... Now I can see it.. as the NFL is a copy cat league.. We go from a passing league to caveman 1920's football.. Fuck that shit!! I'm sick of Running QB's.. The Ravens are doing they're best to get Jackson killed.. You just gotta believe running the way he does.. He's gonna get hurt eventually...
-
Offensively, the Ratbirds are unusual.
Their leading rusher is a QB, and their leading receiver is a TE.
In all of my years of watching the NFL...I don't recall seeing an offense quite like this one.
It's making a mockery of the game IMHO.... Now I can see it.. as the NFL is a copy cat league.. We go from a passing league to caveman 1920's football.. Fuck that shit!! I'm sick of Running QB's.. The Ravens are doing they're best to get Jackson killed.. You just gotta believe running the way he does.. He's gonna get hurt eventually...
It's making a mockery of the game IMHO.... Now I can see it.. as the NFL is a copy cat league.. We go from a passing league to caveman 1920's football.. Fuck that shit!! I'm sick of Running QB's.. The Ravens are doing they're best to get Jackson killed.. You just gotta believe running the way he does.. He's gonna get hurt eventually...
No doubt, the Ratbirds are playing with fire. It's only a matter of time that Jackson will get injured.
-
thanks, take over, am now officially late for Work...AGAIN!! ?
️
Next time just write, "We match up well," and be on time...
Agree on the loss of the Center, but lordy... what a pair of OGs to bracket a sub.
Come on man, yes they're beatable but Jackson is going to win MVP of the damn league. He's statistically playing better than Michael Vick's best season as a pro. His one weakness (intermediate to long throws) has improved significantly throughout the season.
Yup... and it's the improvement in his reads that concern me. Sitting in a zone was the key early, but now he's throwing with more anticipation.
Just means it's going to be harder this next time.
-
Offensively, the Ratbirds are unusual.
Their leading rusher is a QB, and their leading receiver is a TE.
In all of my years of watching the NFL...I don't recall seeing an offense quite like this one.
Offensively, the Ratbirds are unusual.
Their leading rusher is a QB, and their leading receiver is a TE.
In all of my years of watching the NFL...I don't recall seeing an offense quite like this one.
Yup.... Sustainable? Remains to be seen.... Looks suspiciously like a college offense....
It's making a mockery of the game IMHO.... Now I can see it.. as the NFL is a copy cat league.. We go from a passing league to caveman 1920's football.. Fuck that shit!! I'm sick of Running QB's.. The Ravens are doing they're best to get Jackson killed.. You just gotta believe running the way he does.. He's gonna get hurt eventually...
The problem as I've said is- Jackson is unlike any QB that's come into the league since Michael Vick. IMHO- he doesn't have Vick's cannon arm, but he's a far better runner (and to my eye) more durable in that regard than Vick ever was. A truly unique talent the likes we've never seen before. There's not a QB in the upcoming couple of drafts that are close to Lamar's total skill set- so don't sweat the "copycat" thing. Just take a look at the top QBs- the closest comparison may be Russell Wilson, and he's around 500 rushing yards short of LJ. LOL that Tom Brady is a star runner. Um, NOT.
I think for the time being we should put to rest Lamar is gonna follow the Cam Newton "he's gonna get hurt soon" mantra to rest. That's the rest of the opposition wishin' and a hopin". FWIW, Kyler Murray is probably second to Jackson in the QB rushing department at 400+ yards. When he was drafted, the consensus around here was he was going to get squashed like a bug. Well,, we're still waiting for that to happen.
FWIW, Jackson is easily going to shatter Vick's QB single season rushing record of 1.039 yards, he only needs to average 37 a game to do so. The career rushing record is 6,100. Just gotta put my current hatred of the Ravens aside for a minute- (fueled by a particularly obnoxious Baltimore troll) and look at things objectively...
-
As much as I hate the Ravens (I wanted to stab my eyeballs yesterday, so much for rough part of their schedule), their current success is based on a stable organization with a winning philosophy. Heck a GM walking out the door drafts to win. What's the best offensive piece for a QB who can't throw well? A TE who if I recall was drafted higher than said QB. Coach obviously buys in (remember Ozzie Newsome is no longer there) and hires an OC that can design an offense around LJ's strengths and weaknesses. Jackson's weakness are identified and he works hard to correct them in the offseason.
That's how you get winning football from average talent and punch above your weight because on paper the Browns are more talented than the Ravens.
-
They look unbeatable. I don't think even the 49ers will beat them. It looks like Jackson took some hits last night, so that's really the only way I see that they don't win it all. If someone takes Jackson out, they come down to earth, but I have to admit, Ingram looks great. I give most of the credit to Harbaugh for finding an O.C. and building an offense tailored to Jackson.
Let’s stop the car right there. They are beatable. Jackson is an average qb at best there d is average at best the o- line is among the best. How to beat them. I’ll tell you. First you can set in a zone and have no pressure and give Jackson 6 to 9 seconds to set back there. Two you have to shut the run down mainly o. The edges. So personnel comes in to this. Run a bear front and play man. On the other side team need to run the ball. Mainly off tackle. There secondary is not that good the problem is the nfl is letting there corners mug the receivers. And there lies the problem, the nfl is protecting to raven, as there are with the stillers and pats. Honestly how many holding and pass interference calls did the ravens get away with last night.
Let’s stop the car right there. They are beatable. Jackson is an average qb at best there d is average at best the o- line is among the best. How to beat them. I’ll tell you. First you can set in a zone and have no pressure and give Jackson 6 to 9 seconds to set back there. Two you have to shut the run down mainly o. The edges. So personnel comes in to this. Run a bear front and play man. On the other side team need to run the ball. Mainly off tackle. There secondary is not that good the problem is the nfl is letting there corners mug the receivers. And there lies the problem, the nfl is protecting to raven, as there are with the stillers and pats. Honestly how many holding and pass interference calls did the ravens get away with last night.
I stopped reading after the second line in your post
-
We had a flamebaiting troll around who probably soured the whole Board on the Ravens. Just lose baby!!!
hate the ravens but unless jackson suffers a season ending injury, they are going to the superbowl.....they will beat the shit out of the pats again which would be the only thing that would make me happy....
-
Screw Baltimore.
I will say, Lamar is playing amazing. I don't think it's fair to knock him just because Baltimore sucks in general.
The Rams suck this year, they aren't the team they used to be.
We beat Baltimore, they're overrated.
However, I've seen San Francisco in person. They AREN'T overrated, and they will shut down Baltimore. bank on it.
-
Screw Baltimore.
I will say, Lamar is playing amazing. I don't think it's fair to knock him just because Baltimore sucks in general.
The Rams suck this year, they aren't the team they used to be.
We beat Baltimore, they're overrated.
However, I've seen San Francisco in person. They AREN'T overrated, and they will shut down Baltimore. bank on it.
Screw Baltimore.
I will say, Lamar is playing amazing. I don't think it's fair to knock him just because Baltimore sucks in general.
The Rams suck this year, they aren't the team they used to be.
We beat Baltimore, they're overrated.
However, I've seen San Francisco in person. They AREN'T overrated, and they will shut down Baltimore. bank on it.
I hope you're right. I feel like Baltimore is on a roll but if the 9ers can put the brakes on them and win a low scoring game, it will bring the Ravens back down to earth a bit..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
