Skip to content

I hate the Ravens

The Browns Board
55 28 2.0k 1
  • They look unbeatable. I don't think even the 49ers will beat them. It looks like Jackson took some hits last night, so that's really the only way I see that they don't win it all. If someone takes Jackson out, they come down to earth, but I have to admit, Ingram looks great. I give most of the credit to Harbaugh for finding an O.C. and building an offense tailored to Jackson.

    @lodilobo said:

    They look unbeatable. I don't think even the 49ers will beat them. It looks like Jackson took some hits last night, so that's really the only way I see that they don't win it all. If someone takes Jackson out, they come down to earth, but I have to admit, Ingram looks great. I give most of the credit to Harbaugh for finding an O.C. and building an offense tailored to Jackson.

    Let’s stop the car right there.  They are beatable.  Jackson is an average qb at best there d is average at best the o- line is among the best.  How to beat them.  I’ll tell you.  First you can set in a zone and have no pressure and give Jackson 6 to 9 seconds to set back there.  Two you have to shut the run down mainly o. The edges.  So personnel comes in to this.  Run a bear front and play man.  On the other side team need to run the ball.  Mainly off tackle.  There secondary is not that good the problem is the nfl is letting there corners mug the receivers.  And there lies the problem,  the nfl is protecting to raven, as there are with the stillers and pats.  Honestly how many holding and pass interference calls did the ravens get away with last night.

  • @lodilobo said:

    They look unbeatable. I don't think even the 49ers will beat them. It looks like Jackson took some hits last night, so that's really the only way I see that they don't win it all. If someone takes Jackson out, they come down to earth, but I have to admit, Ingram looks great. I give most of the credit to Harbaugh for finding an O.C. and building an offense tailored to Jackson.

    Let’s stop the car right there.  They are beatable.  Jackson is an average qb at best there d is average at best the o- line is among the best.  How to beat them.  I’ll tell you.  First you can set in a zone and have no pressure and give Jackson 6 to 9 seconds to set back there.  Two you have to shut the run down mainly o. The edges.  So personnel comes in to this.  Run a bear front and play man.  On the other side team need to run the ball.  Mainly off tackle.  There secondary is not that good the problem is the nfl is letting there corners mug the receivers.  And there lies the problem,  the nfl is protecting to raven, as there are with the stillers and pats.  Honestly how many holding and pass interference calls did the ravens get away with last night.

    @babernakle said:

    Let’s stop the car right there.  They are beatable.  Jackson is an average qb at best there d is average at best the o- line is among the best.  How to beat them.  I’ll tell you.  First you can set in a zone and have no pressure and give Jackson 6 to 9 seconds to set back there.  Two you have to shut the run down mainly o. The edges.  So personnel comes in to this.  Run a bear front and play man.  On the other side team need to run the ball.  Mainly off tackle.  There secondary is not that good the problem is the nfl is letting there corners mug the receivers.  And there lies the problem,  the nfl is protecting to raven, as there are with the stillers and pats.  Honestly how many holding and pass interference calls did the ravens get away with last night.

    Come on man, yes they're beatable but Jackson is going to win MVP of the damn league. He's statistically playing better than Michael Vick's best season as a pro. His one weakness (intermediate to long throws) has improved significantly throughout the season. 

  • @babernakle said:

    Let’s stop the car right there.  They are beatable.  Jackson is an average qb at best there d is average at best the o- line is among the best.  How to beat them.  I’ll tell you.  First you can set in a zone and have no pressure and give Jackson 6 to 9 seconds to set back there.  Two you have to shut the run down mainly o. The edges.  So personnel comes in to this.  Run a bear front and play man.  On the other side team need to run the ball.  Mainly off tackle.  There secondary is not that good the problem is the nfl is letting there corners mug the receivers.  And there lies the problem,  the nfl is protecting to raven, as there are with the stillers and pats.  Honestly how many holding and pass interference calls did the ravens get away with last night.

    Come on man, yes they're beatable but Jackson is going to win MVP of the damn league. He's statistically playing better than Michael Vick's best season as a pro. His one weakness (intermediate to long throws) has improved significantly throughout the season. 

    @jrb12711 said:

    Come on man, yes they're beatable but Jackson is going to win MVP of the damn league. He's statistically playing better than Michael Vick's best season as a pro. His one weakness (intermediate to long throws) has improved significantly throughout the season. 

    You come down to the questions like is it the supporting cast, system, opponents reading him wrong, is he just "in the zone"?

    Or is he young and that really that good?  The AFCN might have LJ vs BM for awhile.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Come on man, yes they're beatable but Jackson is going to win MVP of the damn league. He's statistically playing better than Michael Vick's best season as a pro. His one weakness (intermediate to long throws) has improved significantly throughout the season. 

    You come down to the questions like is it the supporting cast, system, opponents reading him wrong, is he just "in the zone"?

    Or is he young and that really that good?  The AFCN might have LJ vs BM for awhile.

    @mjp28 said:

    You come down to the questions like is it the supporting cast, system, opponents reading him wrong, is he just "in the zone"?

    Or is he young and that really that good?  The AFCN might have LJ vs BM for awhile.

    My POV is teams  had almost  a year's worth of  tape  on Jackson,  and he's  improved  dramatically.  The same could be said  about teams having tape on Baker, but it's taken  him until the  last  four  games  or so to get out of the sophomore slump.  Let's just hope  for the Browns  sake Mayfield's uptick in  performance  isn't a  mirage.  🙂

  • The rams didn't match up well with the ratbuzzards, and that is a huge understatement. The ratbuzzard oline totally dominated the rams. That is their big advantage.Actually, their defense totally dominated the rams, too. It was pitiful.

    Except when they played our Browns. Browns 40, rats 25 was it? We matched up with them on defense vs their offense.

    A lot of it is matchups, especially the big guys upfront. We have those on defense, and the Browns offensive line...on a really good day..

    can sweep the bengals, squealers and rats this season !

  • Offensively, the Ratbirds are unusual.

    Their leading rusher is a QB, and their leading receiver is a TE.

    In all of my years of watching the NFL...I don't recall seeing an offense quite like this one.

  • Offensively, the Ratbirds are unusual.

    Their leading rusher is a QB, and their leading receiver is a TE.

    In all of my years of watching the NFL...I don't recall seeing an offense quite like this one.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Offensively, the Ratbirds are unusual.

    Their leading rusher is a QB, and their leading receiver is a TE.

    In all of my years of watching the NFL...I don't recall seeing an offense quite like this one.

    It's making a mockery of the game IMHO.... Now I can see it.. as the NFL is a copy cat league..  We go from a passing league to caveman 1920's football.. Fuck that shit!! I'm sick of Running QB's.. The Ravens are doing they're best to get Jackson killed.. You just gotta believe running the way he does.. He's gonna get hurt eventually...

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Offensively, the Ratbirds are unusual.

    Their leading rusher is a QB, and their leading receiver is a TE.

    In all of my years of watching the NFL...I don't recall seeing an offense quite like this one.

    It's making a mockery of the game IMHO.... Now I can see it.. as the NFL is a copy cat league..  We go from a passing league to caveman 1920's football.. Fuck that shit!! I'm sick of Running QB's.. The Ravens are doing they're best to get Jackson killed.. You just gotta believe running the way he does.. He's gonna get hurt eventually...

    @nickers said:

    It's making a mockery of the game IMHO.... Now I can see it.. as the NFL is a copy cat league..  We go from a passing league to caveman 1920's football.. Fuck that shit!! I'm sick of Running QB's.. The Ravens are doing they're best to get Jackson killed.. You just gotta believe running the way he does.. He's gonna get hurt eventually...

    No doubt, the Ratbirds are playing with fire. It's only a matter of time that Jackson will get injured. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Hey Gumby nice wrap-up.......but you must have entirely too much spare time on your hands. 😆

    thanks, take over, am now officially late for Work...AGAIN!! ?‍♂️

    @gumby73 said:

    thanks, take over, am now officially late for Work...AGAIN!! ?‍♂️

    Next time just write, "We match up well," and be on time...

    Agree on the loss of the Center, but lordy... what a pair of OGs to bracket a sub.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Come on man, yes they're beatable but Jackson is going to win MVP of the damn league. He's statistically playing better than Michael Vick's best season as a pro. His one weakness (intermediate to long throws) has improved significantly throughout the season. 

    Yup... and it's the improvement in his reads that concern me. Sitting in a zone was the key early, but now he's throwing with more anticipation.

    Just means it's going to be harder this next time.

  • Offensively, the Ratbirds are unusual.

    Their leading rusher is a QB, and their leading receiver is a TE.

    In all of my years of watching the NFL...I don't recall seeing an offense quite like this one.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Offensively, the Ratbirds are unusual.

    Their leading rusher is a QB, and their leading receiver is a TE.

    In all of my years of watching the NFL...I don't recall seeing an offense quite like this one.

    Yup....  Sustainable? Remains to be seen.... Looks suspiciously like a college offense.... 

    @nickers said:

    It's making a mockery of the game IMHO.... Now I can see it.. as the NFL is a copy cat league..  We go from a passing league to caveman 1920's football.. Fuck that shit!! I'm sick of Running QB's.. The Ravens are doing they're best to get Jackson killed.. You just gotta believe running the way he does.. He's gonna get hurt eventually...

    The problem as I've said is- Jackson is unlike any QB that's come into the league since Michael Vick.  IMHO- he doesn't have Vick's cannon arm, but he's a far better runner (and to my eye) more durable in that regard than Vick ever was. A truly unique talent the likes we've never seen before. There's not a QB in the upcoming couple of drafts that are close to Lamar's total skill set- so don't sweat the "copycat" thing. Just take a look at the top QBs- the closest comparison may be Russell Wilson, and he's around 500 rushing yards short of LJ.  LOL that Tom Brady is a star runner.  Um, NOT. 

    I think for the time being we should put to rest Lamar is gonna follow the Cam Newton "he's gonna get hurt soon" mantra to rest. That's the rest of the opposition wishin' and a hopin". FWIW, Kyler Murray is probably second to Jackson in the QB rushing department at 400+ yards. When he was drafted, the consensus around here was he was going to get squashed like a bug. Well,, we're still waiting for that to happen.  

    FWIW, Jackson is easily going to shatter Vick's QB single season rushing record of 1.039 yards, he only needs to average 37 a game to do so. The career rushing record is 6,100.  Just gotta put my current hatred of the Ravens aside for a minute- (fueled by a particularly obnoxious Baltimore troll) and look at things objectively...  

  • As much as I hate the Ravens (I wanted to stab my eyeballs yesterday, so much for rough part of their schedule), their current success is based on a stable organization with a winning philosophy. Heck a GM walking out the door drafts to win. What's the best offensive piece for a QB who can't throw well? A TE who if I recall was drafted higher than said QB. Coach obviously buys in (remember Ozzie Newsome is no longer there) and hires an OC that can design an offense around LJ's strengths and weaknesses. Jackson's weakness are identified and he works hard to correct them in the offseason.

    That's how you get winning football from average talent and punch above your weight because on paper the Browns are more talented than the Ravens.

  • @lodilobo said:

    They look unbeatable. I don't think even the 49ers will beat them. It looks like Jackson took some hits last night, so that's really the only way I see that they don't win it all. If someone takes Jackson out, they come down to earth, but I have to admit, Ingram looks great. I give most of the credit to Harbaugh for finding an O.C. and building an offense tailored to Jackson.

    Let’s stop the car right there.  They are beatable.  Jackson is an average qb at best there d is average at best the o- line is among the best.  How to beat them.  I’ll tell you.  First you can set in a zone and have no pressure and give Jackson 6 to 9 seconds to set back there.  Two you have to shut the run down mainly o. The edges.  So personnel comes in to this.  Run a bear front and play man.  On the other side team need to run the ball.  Mainly off tackle.  There secondary is not that good the problem is the nfl is letting there corners mug the receivers.  And there lies the problem,  the nfl is protecting to raven, as there are with the stillers and pats.  Honestly how many holding and pass interference calls did the ravens get away with last night.

    @babernakle said:

    Let’s stop the car right there.  They are beatable.  Jackson is an average qb at best there d is average at best the o- line is among the best.  How to beat them.  I’ll tell you.  First you can set in a zone and have no pressure and give Jackson 6 to 9 seconds to set back there.  Two you have to shut the run down mainly o. The edges.  So personnel comes in to this.  Run a bear front and play man.  On the other side team need to run the ball.  Mainly off tackle.  There secondary is not that good the problem is the nfl is letting there corners mug the receivers.  And there lies the problem,  the nfl is protecting to raven, as there are with the stillers and pats.  Honestly how many holding and pass interference calls did the ravens get away with last night.

    I stopped reading after the second line in your post

  • @hoorta said:

    We had a flamebaiting troll around who probably soured the whole Board on the Ravens. Just lose baby!!! 

    hate the ravens but unless jackson suffers a season ending injury, they are going to the superbowl.....they will beat the shit out of the pats again which would be the only thing that would make me happy....

    @browns52 said:

    hate the ravens but unless jackson suffers a season ending injury, they are going to the superbowl.....they will beat the shit out of the pats again which would be the only thing that would make me happy....

    Not me. I want to see that Patriots / 49ers super bowl 

  • Screw Baltimore.

    I will say, Lamar is playing amazing. I don't think it's fair to knock him just because Baltimore sucks in general.

    The Rams suck this year, they aren't the team they used to be.

    We beat Baltimore, they're overrated.

    However, I've seen San Francisco in person. They AREN'T overrated, and they will shut down Baltimore. bank on it.

  • Screw Baltimore.

    I will say, Lamar is playing amazing. I don't think it's fair to knock him just because Baltimore sucks in general.

    The Rams suck this year, they aren't the team they used to be.

    We beat Baltimore, they're overrated.

    However, I've seen San Francisco in person. They AREN'T overrated, and they will shut down Baltimore. bank on it.

    @stillmotion said:

    Screw Baltimore.

    I will say, Lamar is playing amazing. I don't think it's fair to knock him just because Baltimore sucks in general.

    The Rams suck this year, they aren't the team they used to be.

    We beat Baltimore, they're overrated.

    However, I've seen San Francisco in person. They AREN'T overrated, and they will shut down Baltimore. bank on it.

    I hope you're right. I feel like Baltimore is on a roll but if the 9ers can put the brakes on them and win a low scoring game, it will bring the Ravens back down to earth a bit..

  • Screw Baltimore.

    I will say, Lamar is playing amazing. I don't think it's fair to knock him just because Baltimore sucks in general.

    The Rams suck this year, they aren't the team they used to be.

    We beat Baltimore, they're overrated.

    However, I've seen San Francisco in person. They AREN'T overrated, and they will shut down Baltimore. bank on it.

    @stillmotion said:

    However, I've seen San Francisco in person. They AREN'T overrated, and they will shut down Baltimore. bank on it.

    Bettin' the house are ya? Hope you've scoped out your local overpasses...

    Ravens' #3-ranked run D (88 YPG) will put the game squarely in Jimmy G's hand(s) while SF's #19 run D (111 YPG) has to face Jackson's feet on top of Inman's.

    Rushing Offense: 1. BLT 211 YPG; 2. SF 146 YPG

    Oldest adage in football... "run the ball... stop the run."

  • They look unbeatable. I don't think even the 49ers will beat them. It looks like Jackson took some hits last night, so that's really the only way I see that they don't win it all. If someone takes Jackson out, they come down to earth, but I have to admit, Ingram looks great. I give most of the credit to Harbaugh for finding an O.C. and building an offense tailored to Jackson.

    @lodilobo said:

    They look unbeatable. I don't think even the 49ers will beat them. It looks like Jackson took some hits last night, so that's really the only way I see that they don't win it all. If someone takes Jackson out, they come down to earth, but I have to admit, Ingram looks great. I give most of the credit to Harbaugh for finding an O.C. and building an offense tailored to Jackson.

    This. 

    Yeah, I hate those guys with a passion but you have to admit Harbaugh adjusts to his team's talent, and doesn't force a "system" all the time. 

  • You know what really sucks? Our last game is against Cincy and not the Ravens. Had we played the Ravens last, there's a chance they could've rested all starters (many starters anyway) and given us basically a layup. I realize a lot would have to happen and all that, but certainly there would've been a chance at them resting key players if they couldn't advance their seating. Cuz man, I don't see them losing right now. This game against the 49's is gonna be big boy football. 

  • FB_IMG_1574877872301.jpg

  • @lodilobo said:

    They look unbeatable. I don't think even the 49ers will beat them. It looks like Jackson took some hits last night, so that's really the only way I see that they don't win it all. If someone takes Jackson out, they come down to earth, but I have to admit, Ingram looks great. I give most of the credit to Harbaugh for finding an O.C. and building an offense tailored to Jackson.

    This. 

    Yeah, I hate those guys with a passion but you have to admit Harbaugh adjusts to his team's talent, and doesn't force a "system" all the time. 

    @bob806 said:

    This. 

    Yeah, I hate those guys with a passion but you have to admit Harbaugh adjusts to his team's talent, and doesn't force a "system" all the time. 

    I give 90% of the credit for their success to Harbaugh.....and only 10% to Jackson.