I hate the Ravens
-
They look unbeatable. I don't think even the 49ers will beat them. It looks like Jackson took some hits last night, so that's really the only way I see that they don't win it all. If someone takes Jackson out, they come down to earth, but I have to admit, Ingram looks great. I give most of the credit to Harbaugh for finding an O.C. and building an offense tailored to Jackson.
Let’s stop the car right there. They are beatable. Jackson is an average qb at best there d is average at best the o- line is among the best. How to beat them. I’ll tell you. First you can set in a zone and have no pressure and give Jackson 6 to 9 seconds to set back there. Two you have to shut the run down mainly o. The edges. So personnel comes in to this. Run a bear front and play man. On the other side team need to run the ball. Mainly off tackle. There secondary is not that good the problem is the nfl is letting there corners mug the receivers. And there lies the problem, the nfl is protecting to raven, as there are with the stillers and pats. Honestly how many holding and pass interference calls did the ravens get away with last night.
Let’s stop the car right there. They are beatable. Jackson is an average qb at best there d is average at best the o- line is among the best. How to beat them. I’ll tell you. First you can set in a zone and have no pressure and give Jackson 6 to 9 seconds to set back there. Two you have to shut the run down mainly o. The edges. So personnel comes in to this. Run a bear front and play man. On the other side team need to run the ball. Mainly off tackle. There secondary is not that good the problem is the nfl is letting there corners mug the receivers. And there lies the problem, the nfl is protecting to raven, as there are with the stillers and pats. Honestly how many holding and pass interference calls did the ravens get away with last night.
I stopped reading after the second line in your post
-
We had a flamebaiting troll around who probably soured the whole Board on the Ravens. Just lose baby!!!
hate the ravens but unless jackson suffers a season ending injury, they are going to the superbowl.....they will beat the shit out of the pats again which would be the only thing that would make me happy....
-
Screw Baltimore.
I will say, Lamar is playing amazing. I don't think it's fair to knock him just because Baltimore sucks in general.
The Rams suck this year, they aren't the team they used to be.
We beat Baltimore, they're overrated.
However, I've seen San Francisco in person. They AREN'T overrated, and they will shut down Baltimore. bank on it.
-
Screw Baltimore.
I will say, Lamar is playing amazing. I don't think it's fair to knock him just because Baltimore sucks in general.
The Rams suck this year, they aren't the team they used to be.
We beat Baltimore, they're overrated.
However, I've seen San Francisco in person. They AREN'T overrated, and they will shut down Baltimore. bank on it.
Screw Baltimore.
I will say, Lamar is playing amazing. I don't think it's fair to knock him just because Baltimore sucks in general.
The Rams suck this year, they aren't the team they used to be.
We beat Baltimore, they're overrated.
However, I've seen San Francisco in person. They AREN'T overrated, and they will shut down Baltimore. bank on it.
I hope you're right. I feel like Baltimore is on a roll but if the 9ers can put the brakes on them and win a low scoring game, it will bring the Ravens back down to earth a bit..
-
Screw Baltimore.
I will say, Lamar is playing amazing. I don't think it's fair to knock him just because Baltimore sucks in general.
The Rams suck this year, they aren't the team they used to be.
We beat Baltimore, they're overrated.
However, I've seen San Francisco in person. They AREN'T overrated, and they will shut down Baltimore. bank on it.
However, I've seen San Francisco in person. They AREN'T overrated, and they will shut down Baltimore. bank on it.
Bettin' the house are ya? Hope you've scoped out your local overpasses...
Ravens' #3-ranked run D (88 YPG) will put the game squarely in Jimmy G's hand(s) while SF's #19 run D (111 YPG) has to face Jackson's feet on top of Inman's.
Rushing Offense: 1. BLT 211 YPG; 2. SF 146 YPG
Oldest adage in football... "run the ball... stop the run."
-
They look unbeatable. I don't think even the 49ers will beat them. It looks like Jackson took some hits last night, so that's really the only way I see that they don't win it all. If someone takes Jackson out, they come down to earth, but I have to admit, Ingram looks great. I give most of the credit to Harbaugh for finding an O.C. and building an offense tailored to Jackson.
They look unbeatable. I don't think even the 49ers will beat them. It looks like Jackson took some hits last night, so that's really the only way I see that they don't win it all. If someone takes Jackson out, they come down to earth, but I have to admit, Ingram looks great. I give most of the credit to Harbaugh for finding an O.C. and building an offense tailored to Jackson.
This.
Yeah, I hate those guys with a passion but you have to admit Harbaugh adjusts to his team's talent, and doesn't force a "system" all the time.
-
You know what really sucks? Our last game is against Cincy and not the Ravens. Had we played the Ravens last, there's a chance they could've rested all starters (many starters anyway) and given us basically a layup. I realize a lot would have to happen and all that, but certainly there would've been a chance at them resting key players if they couldn't advance their seating. Cuz man, I don't see them losing right now. This game against the 49's is gonna be big boy football.
-
-
They look unbeatable. I don't think even the 49ers will beat them. It looks like Jackson took some hits last night, so that's really the only way I see that they don't win it all. If someone takes Jackson out, they come down to earth, but I have to admit, Ingram looks great. I give most of the credit to Harbaugh for finding an O.C. and building an offense tailored to Jackson.
This.
Yeah, I hate those guys with a passion but you have to admit Harbaugh adjusts to his team's talent, and doesn't force a "system" all the time.
-
-
You know what really sucks? Our last game is against Cincy and not the Ravens. Had we played the Ravens last, there's a chance they could've rested all starters (many starters anyway) and given us basically a layup. I realize a lot would have to happen and all that, but certainly there would've been a chance at them resting key players if they couldn't advance their seating. Cuz man, I don't see them losing right now. This game against the 49's is gonna be big boy football.
You know what really sucks? Our last game is against Cincy and not the Ravens. Had we played the Ravens last, there's a chance they could've rested all starters (many starters anyway) and given us basically a layup. I realize a lot would have to happen and all that, but certainly there would've been a chance at them resting key players if they couldn't advance their seating. Cuz man, I don't see them losing right now. This game against the 49's is gonna be big boy football.
Too early to say that. Dependent on what the Patriots, Chiefs, and whoever will get the #4 seed do. If New England loses one, it will behoove the Ratbirds to try and win out to lock up the #1 overall seed. (They hold the tiebreaker over the Patsies)
-
I give 90% of the credit for their success to Harbaugh.....and only 10% to Jackson.
Sorry Gip. Jackson is the leader in the Clubhouse to nail down the MVP. 50\50 at worst. You can credit Harbaugh with the scheme, but how many wins you think the Ravens would have with our old pal RG III running the show? 4? 5?
-
2001: How will the NFL ever stop Tom Brady?
18 years later, they are still trying to figure that one out.
Nothing like an outlier.... Like how many sixth round picks are lock HOFers, and considered the GOAT at their position?
-
Screw Baltimore.
I will say, Lamar is playing amazing. I don't think it's fair to knock him just because Baltimore sucks in general.
The Rams suck this year, they aren't the team they used to be.
We beat Baltimore, they're overrated.
However, I've seen San Francisco in person. They AREN'T overrated, and they will shut down Baltimore. bank on it.
I hope you're right. I feel like Baltimore is on a roll but if the 9ers can put the brakes on them and win a low scoring game, it will bring the Ravens back down to earth a bit..
I hope you're right. I feel like Baltimore is on a roll but if the 9ers can put the brakes on them and win a low scoring game, it will bring the Ravens back down to earth a bit..
9ers have the best collection of 9 guys blocking on their run plays that I’ve seen. Sometimes Jimmy G gets involved. They have lineman making second level blocks every play, their TE blocks like a lineman and their WRs move the secondary. We had no shot in that game early this year. I don’t see the Ravens getting in their way.
-
Take the ball first and score and dictate their play calls. Jackson zinging it 30+ times is not their game.
- Take away the TE. Make a young QB go to second and third reads. I don’t see any progression football from Jackson
- Zone coverage drop 7 on passing downs.
- 5 down on running downs. Occupy their G, C G try to get Ingram and company going East and west.
- change the way you blitz. Rush lanes- controlled blitz contain the pocket.I maintain You need to see them before you can beat them. Too many cocky D coordinators out their trying to run their scheme and not modify their approach. Chiefs Pats Bills Browns may all be playoff teams and they’ve seen Jackson it’s a huge benefit
if I’m the Raven next year I draft a rangy tall redzone target WR for Jackson next year. Someone that can make up for footballs that aren’t placed perfectly. Watch out when that happens.
this offseason we need to draft Or acquire a Jackson spy.
-
You know what really sucks? Our last game is against Cincy and not the Ravens. Had we played the Ravens last, there's a chance they could've rested all starters (many starters anyway) and given us basically a layup. I realize a lot would have to happen and all that, but certainly there would've been a chance at them resting key players if they couldn't advance their seating. Cuz man, I don't see them losing right now. This game against the 49's is gonna be big boy football.
Too early to say that. Dependent on what the Patriots, Chiefs, and whoever will get the #4 seed do. If New England loses one, it will behoove the Ratbirds to try and win out to lock up the #1 overall seed. (They hold the tiebreaker over the Patsies)
Too early to say that. Dependent on what the Patriots, Chiefs, and whoever will get the #4 seed do. If New England loses one, it will behoove the Ratbirds to try and win out to lock up the #1 overall seed. (They hold the tiebreaker over the Patsies)
Oh I know. Just having a bit of long distance fun. ?
-
I give 90% of the credit for their success to Harbaugh.....and only 10% to Jackson.
Sorry Gip. Jackson is the leader in the Clubhouse to nail down the MVP. 50\50 at worst. You can credit Harbaugh with the scheme, but how many wins you think the Ravens would have with our old pal RG III running the show? 4? 5?
Sorry Gip. Jackson is the leader in the Clubhouse to nail down the MVP. 50\50 at worst. You can credit Harbaugh with the scheme, but how many wins you think the Ravens would have with our old pal RG III running the show? 4? 5?
He would have more than that he would have maybe six. I do think it is the entire team that is playing well and I give that to the coach. But I’m more or less get your point
-
I give 90% of the credit for their success to Harbaugh.....and only 10% to Jackson.
The same Harbaugh was 4-5 until he finally inserted Jackson to close the 2018 regular season 10-6.
You and Nickers argued with me earlier this year that Jackson sucks and 1 of you gave me the old "ever hear of RG3?" RG3 is fragile and not nearly as agile. Bad comparison. Jackson is as elusive/difficult to get a clean shot at as Russell Wilson with the break away speed of Michael Vick (maybe even better) - only Jackson has a much better OL than Wilson has usually had. And here we are with Jackson and Wilson being the 2 top candidates for MVP. Not for nothing, but a lot of people like to forget Lamar Jackson won a Heisman with what he accomplished with his arm at a place like Louisville.
While Harbaugh and his OC (Greg Roman) has done a nice job playing to the QB's strengths - none of it works if there aren't strengths. It feels like a lifetime ago when Tom Landry used to cringe when Roger Staubach refused to be a stationary pocket passer that got far more dangerous outside of the pocket/on the improvise. Craig Morton was the stationary pocket passer kind of like Flacco was in Baltimore. Who sparked the team? Just the Head Coach in both situations?
And didn't you assure me Baltimore's defense wouldn't be able to overcome the loss of T. Suggs (who's 37), GJ Mosley (who's been injured most of 2019), and Eric Weddle (currently starring at Melrose Place at 34 years of age). A defense's best friend is a QB that can move the chains and win time of possession battles while putting TDs on the board. Its other best friend is an OL that helps its running game rank #1 in rushing (and dominating time of possession) ever since the week after Joe Flacco was replaced interestingly enough...
If memory serves me right here - Mason Rudolph was your favorite QB in the 2018 draft class.
-
Now, now boys, play nice! After all, it IS Thanksgiving......Have a GREAT TURKEY DAY!!! ?

Mike
-
I give 90% of the credit for their success to Harbaugh.....and only 10% to Jackson.
The same Harbaugh was 4-5 until he finally inserted Jackson to close the 2018 regular season 10-6.
You and Nickers argued with me earlier this year that Jackson sucks and 1 of you gave me the old "ever hear of RG3?" RG3 is fragile and not nearly as agile. Bad comparison. Jackson is as elusive/difficult to get a clean shot at as Russell Wilson with the break away speed of Michael Vick (maybe even better) - only Jackson has a much better OL than Wilson has usually had. And here we are with Jackson and Wilson being the 2 top candidates for MVP. Not for nothing, but a lot of people like to forget Lamar Jackson won a Heisman with what he accomplished with his arm at a place like Louisville.
While Harbaugh and his OC (Greg Roman) has done a nice job playing to the QB's strengths - none of it works if there aren't strengths. It feels like a lifetime ago when Tom Landry used to cringe when Roger Staubach refused to be a stationary pocket passer that got far more dangerous outside of the pocket/on the improvise. Craig Morton was the stationary pocket passer kind of like Flacco was in Baltimore. Who sparked the team? Just the Head Coach in both situations?
And didn't you assure me Baltimore's defense wouldn't be able to overcome the loss of T. Suggs (who's 37), GJ Mosley (who's been injured most of 2019), and Eric Weddle (currently starring at Melrose Place at 34 years of age). A defense's best friend is a QB that can move the chains and win time of possession battles while putting TDs on the board. Its other best friend is an OL that helps its running game rank #1 in rushing (and dominating time of possession) ever since the week after Joe Flacco was replaced interestingly enough...
If memory serves me right here - Mason Rudolph was your favorite QB in the 2018 draft class.
The same Harbaugh was 4-5 until he finally inserted Jackson to close the 2018 regular season 10-6.
You and Nickers argued with me earlier this year that Jackson sucks and 1 of you gave me the old "ever hear of RG3?" RG3 is fragile and not nearly as agile. Bad comparison.
It seemed fair at the time...but I agree with you that Jackson does seem far more durable.
Jackson is as elusive/difficult to get a clean shot at as Russell Wilson with the break away speed of Michael Vick (maybe even better) - only Jackson has a much better OL than Wilson has usually had. And here we are with Jackson and Wilson being the 2 top candidates for MVP. Not for nothing, but a lot of people like to forget Lamar Jackson won a Heisman with what he accomplished with his arm at a place like Louisville.
While Harbaugh and his OC (Greg Roman) has done a nice job playing to the QB's strengths - none of it works if there aren't strengths. It feels like a lifetime ago when Tom Landry used to cringe when Roger Staubach refused to be a stationary pocket passer that got far more dangerous outside of the pocket/on the improvise. Craig Morton was the stationary pocket passer kind of like Flacco was in Baltimore. Who sparked the team? Just the Head Coach in both situations?
And didn't you assure me Baltimore's defense wouldn't be able to overcome the loss of T. Suggs (who's 37), GJ Mosley (who's been injured most of 2019), and Eric Weddle (currently starring at Melrose Place at 34 years of age).
Yes, I did....are you trying to claim that it was NOT reasonable to think that the loss of that kind of talent would diminish the strength of that defense? The continued strength of that defense goes to what? It goes to the coaching. Lamar Jackson has fuckall to do with how the defense there has performed.
A defense's best friend is a QB that can move the chains and win time of possession battles while putting TDs on the board. Its other best friend is an OL that helps its running game rank #1 in rushing (and dominating time of possession) ever since the week after Joe Flacco was replaced interestingly enough...
Well, maybe it helps some, but still that defense is performing well on its own.
Well, it sounds to me that you are turning it around, that you are giveing
If memory serves me right here - Mason Rudolph was your favorite QB in the 2018 draft class.
No, that would be wrong. I said that Rudolph could be in the mix to be as good as the other QBs that were available in that draft....with Allen/Rosen/Jackson/Darnold. though I thought Baker would be the best of the bunch. Are you trying to sit here and say that you were all hot on Jackson before last year's draft? I don't recall that.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
