Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Lawrence CUT!!!

Lawrence CUT!!!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
15 Posts 11 Posters 740 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
    • 14k Posts
    • 5k Reputation
    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I really don't get this move.. He plays his ass off!!

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-release-dt-devaroe-lawrence

    Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
    1 Reply Last reply
    ❤
    Quote Reply
    • tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
      • 13k Posts
      • 5k Reputation
      tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I feel like our depth in the middle is...not ideal.

      nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • tiamat63T tiamat63

        I feel like our depth in the middle is...not ideal.

        nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
        • 14k Posts
        • 5k Reputation
        nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @tiamat63 said:

        I feel like our depth in the middle is...not ideal.

        True.. But does this team really need another WR?

        Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
        tiamat63T 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • nickersN nickers

          @tiamat63 said:

          I feel like our depth in the middle is...not ideal.

          True.. But does this team really need another WR?

          tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
          • 13k Posts
          • 5k Reputation
          tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @nickers said:

          True.. But does this team really need another WR?

          Not at the expense of depth along our lines.

          1 Reply Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
            • 64k Posts
            • 8k Reputation
            C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
            #5

            There must be some good reason for THAT move.

            It isn't ruining the dline depth though:

            https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-elevate-de-porter-gustin-dt-brandin-bryant-to-active-roster

            Browns elevate DE Porter Gustin, DT Brandin Bryant to active roster

            https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/23/brandin-bryant-scouting-report-browns-dt/

            hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • C calfoxwc

              There must be some good reason for THAT move.

              It isn't ruining the dline depth though:

              https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-elevate-de-porter-gustin-dt-brandin-bryant-to-active-roster

              Browns elevate DE Porter Gustin, DT Brandin Bryant to active roster

              https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/23/brandin-bryant-scouting-report-browns-dt/

              hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 20k Posts
              • 5k Reputation
              hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @calfoxwc said:

              There must be some good reason for THAT move.

              It isn't ruining the dline depth though:

              https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-elevate-de-porter-gustin-dt-brandin-bryant-to-active-roster

              Browns elevate DE Porter Gustin, DT Brandin Bryant to active roster

              https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/23/brandin-bryant-scouting-report-browns-dt/

              Count me surprised. Well, I liked Lawrence- but Wilks and Dorsey see stuff in practice we don't. Chalk it up to bottom of the roster churn.... 

              tiamat63T 1 Reply Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • jiggins7919 jiggins7919J Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 5k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I'm not sure I understand it, but whatever. I really liked that guy and hope he makes it somewhere else! 

                1 Reply Last reply
                👍
                Quote Reply
                • Ibleedbrown IbleedbrownI Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 5k Posts
                  • 2k Reputation
                  IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Devaroe always struck me as a good teammate. Seems like more that a few times l saw him all excited and giving congratulatory head butts to teammates after a big play.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • hoortaH hoorta

                    @calfoxwc said:

                    There must be some good reason for THAT move.

                    It isn't ruining the dline depth though:

                    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-elevate-de-porter-gustin-dt-brandin-bryant-to-active-roster

                    Browns elevate DE Porter Gustin, DT Brandin Bryant to active roster

                    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/23/brandin-bryant-scouting-report-browns-dt/

                    Count me surprised. Well, I liked Lawrence- but Wilks and Dorsey see stuff in practice we don't. Chalk it up to bottom of the roster churn.... 

                    tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                    • 13k Posts
                    • 5k Reputation
                    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @hoorta said:

                    Count me surprised. Well, I liked Lawrence- but Wilks and Dorsey see stuff in practice we don't. Chalk it up to bottom of the roster churn.... 

                    When it comes to line play, I trust my own eyes over Dorsey's.         So I'm hoping this Bryant kid is ready to go.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    👍
                    Quote Reply
                    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                      • 57k Posts
                      • 4k Reputation
                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Lawrence was killing it in the preseason, and I thought he held his own during the regular season.   So, who the hell knows what our FO is thinking.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                        • 4k Posts
                        • 2k Reputation
                        Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Caught me by surprise but I'll defer to the experts who see him all the time...I just saw a few good plays.

                        Mike

                        IN DORSEY I TRUST
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 11k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          At first peek of this😮..I logged off to go chase more info..got nothing.. I did learn neither Gustin nor Bryant could be put back on PS till after 1st Cinn. game. DT Eli Ankou, Dorsey picked off Jags PS. I believe, pickups off other teams PS, the player must go to 53 man roster for at least 3 Games also? Ankou was inactive at Pats & played 3 snaps at Denver while Lawrence only played 9... I have followed Lawrence for a long time including Auburn & Saints. He's just One of those guys you can't help but root for..Now playing healthy, I'd almost bet on his 'not shy honest mouth', that he's not happy on sharing those snap counts.. Ankou had 13 at Pitt. up to 35 Mia..Bryant saw 22 against Mia. just up from PS.. Roe Lawrence got his normal 27 with Pitt, but only saw 1 more against Mia. with 28...

                          3 Tech Ogun rarely ever misses a game snap, hits 50-60/game..Richardson saw 47 snaps Pitt, down Mia to 41. That's Shelton's season game average snap count too..  

                          am sicken more on this move than I was over losing Avery.. From coaches saying "He's un-blockable to un-roster-able? I don't get it.. it also seems like the coaches like Ankou getting those resting reps from Richardson?  But if i know the class act of Roe Lawrence? He will have nothing bad to say about nobody..But i will continue to follow this move..Heck, i could get to a dozen players to move off this roster now before Devroe name was a thought.. G?d Luck Roe!! but I'll still be following  https://heavy.com/sports/2019/11/browns-release-tackle-devaroe-lawrence/     

                          Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                          OrionO 1 Reply Last reply
                          👍
                          Quote Reply
                          • gumby73G gumby73

                            At first peek of this😮..I logged off to go chase more info..got nothing.. I did learn neither Gustin nor Bryant could be put back on PS till after 1st Cinn. game. DT Eli Ankou, Dorsey picked off Jags PS. I believe, pickups off other teams PS, the player must go to 53 man roster for at least 3 Games also? Ankou was inactive at Pats & played 3 snaps at Denver while Lawrence only played 9... I have followed Lawrence for a long time including Auburn & Saints. He's just One of those guys you can't help but root for..Now playing healthy, I'd almost bet on his 'not shy honest mouth', that he's not happy on sharing those snap counts.. Ankou had 13 at Pitt. up to 35 Mia..Bryant saw 22 against Mia. just up from PS.. Roe Lawrence got his normal 27 with Pitt, but only saw 1 more against Mia. with 28...

                            3 Tech Ogun rarely ever misses a game snap, hits 50-60/game..Richardson saw 47 snaps Pitt, down Mia to 41. That's Shelton's season game average snap count too..  

                            am sicken more on this move than I was over losing Avery.. From coaches saying "He's un-blockable to un-roster-able? I don't get it.. it also seems like the coaches like Ankou getting those resting reps from Richardson?  But if i know the class act of Roe Lawrence? He will have nothing bad to say about nobody..But i will continue to follow this move..Heck, i could get to a dozen players to move off this roster now before Devroe name was a thought.. G?d Luck Roe!! but I'll still be following  https://heavy.com/sports/2019/11/browns-release-tackle-devaroe-lawrence/     

                            Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 9k Posts
                            • 4k Reputation
                            OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @gumby73 said:

                            am sicken more on this move than I was over losing Avery.. From coaches saying "He's un-blockable to un-roster-able? I don't get it..

                            Like you, and many, I'm not a fan of this move.  I hope the new DL guys that we kept instead prove to be good...because Lawrence wasn't bad.

                            BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            👍
                            Quote Reply
                            • Nero NeroN Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 2k Posts
                              • 1k Reputation
                              NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              This reminds me of the Nassib movement. When we got rid of our financial expert, he hadn't put big numbers, but he had made some big plays that made him look like a reliable rotational player. 

                              Is this a bad movement? Once again, it will come down to who steps up and how those players perform. But, as of today, I haven't seen the Browns as a dominant force in the interior of the line, so I'm not an enthusiast of this move.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 11k Posts
                                • 4k Reputation
                                gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Devaroe Lawrence met with the KC Chiefs this past Saturday & was signed to Chiefs practice squad... 

                                Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                👍 ❤
                                Quote Reply

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                Register Login
                                Reply
                                • Reply as topic
                                Log in to reply
                                • Oldest to Newest
                                • Newest to Oldest
                                • Most Votes


                                Theme
                                • System
                                • Light
                                • Dark
                                The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                0
                                • Forums
                                • Recent
                                • Popular
                                • Users
                                • Donate