Skip to content

Fishing?

Political Discussion
10 5 895
  • Does anyone know of any good fishing spots in the Cleveland area during the summer? Thanks

  • It has been many years since I fished Lake Erie waters, but when I did on a regular basis, a few hundred yards off avon lake point by the power plant was perch fishing nirvana.

    From what I hear, it still is.

    I assume you are talking from a boat....I never had much luck standing on a pier or break wall.

  • It has been many years since I fished Lake Erie waters, but when I did on a regular basis, a few hundred yards off avon lake point by the power plant was perch fishing nirvana.

    From what I hear, it still is.

    I assume you are talking from a boat....I never had much luck standing on a pier or break wall.

    @ballpeen said:

    It has been many years since I fished Lake Erie waters, but when I did on a regular basis, a few hundred yards off avon lake point by the power plant was perch fishing nirvana.

    From what I hear, it still is.

    I assume you are talking from a boat....I never had much luck standing on a pier or break wall.

    Yea don't have a boat. Obviously in the spring and fall, I'll be hitting river outlets for Steelhead, but until then anyone have any ideas? Anyone know of say an interior lake? HInkley or something like that?

    Thanks

  • @ballpeen said:

    It has been many years since I fished Lake Erie waters, but when I did on a regular basis, a few hundred yards off avon lake point by the power plant was perch fishing nirvana.

    From what I hear, it still is.

    I assume you are talking from a boat....I never had much luck standing on a pier or break wall.

    Yea don't have a boat. Obviously in the spring and fall, I'll be hitting river outlets for Steelhead, but until then anyone have any ideas? Anyone know of say an interior lake? HInkley or something like that?

    Thanks

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Yea don't have a boat. Obviously in the spring and fall, I'll be hitting river outlets for Steelhead, but until then anyone have any ideas? Anyone know of say an interior lake? HInkley or something like that?

    Thanks

    One of the best charter captains is Captain Pat Chrysler at Put In Bay.

    WSS

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Yea don't have a boat. Obviously in the spring and fall, I'll be hitting river outlets for Steelhead, but until then anyone have any ideas? Anyone know of say an interior lake? HInkley or something like that?

    Thanks

    One of the best charter captains is Captain Pat Chrysler at Put In Bay.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    One of the best charter captains is Captain Pat Chrysler at Put In Bay.

    WSS

    Yea I am sure he is. But for 2 fishing charter trips I can buy my own boat.

  • @westside-steve said:

    One of the best charter captains is Captain Pat Chrysler at Put In Bay.

    WSS

    Yea I am sure he is. But for 2 fishing charter trips I can buy my own boat.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Yea I am sure he is. But for 2 fishing charter trips I can buy my own boat.

    Then buy one and take US fishing!

    WSS

  • Does anyone know of any good fishing spots in the Cleveland area during the summer? Thanks

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Does anyone know of any good fishing spots in the Cleveland area during the summer? Thanks

    Hopefully, Stan sees this post. He is or was an ardent fisherman.

    If you get REAL lucky, Gumbo/Carl will sign in and see this.

    I am not from the area but remember them referring to Portage (?) lakes. IIRC both of them used a boat, though.

    Good luck!!!

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Yea I am sure he is. But for 2 fishing charter trips I can buy my own boat.

    Then buy one and take US fishing!

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Then buy one and take US fishing!

    WSS

    I am really looking into getting one. Then I need to get a truck....

  • K -

    We had a Lake Erie boat for a few years. Used to follow fishing charters from a good distance, and watch them

    with our binoculars. Nobody was catching any fish.

    And Lake Erie weather, well, you'll want a 6' safe boat.

    Inland, There's Pymatuning sp? (across into PA), Berlin Res. (in Berlin, SE of Cleveland?),

    Ladue, whereever the heck that is... St. Mary's is way over S. of Toledo I think - it's a huge lake.

    Pontoon boats are the best, especially if you have a family.

    And trucks, well, we're looking - a good car mechanic told me he'd always buy a Chevy - Silverado type,

    because they are much easier to work on.

    For the money $$$ for a charter, you can drive into Canada, or to Minnesota, and camp for a week. @@

    One charter we went on, nobody was catching any fish, again, so he took us to an island over on the Canadian

    side.

    And, for the price of one charter boat, you could probably fly to Alaska and fish for halibut !

  • K -

    We had a Lake Erie boat for a few years. Used to follow fishing charters from a good distance, and watch them

    with our binoculars. Nobody was catching any fish.

    And Lake Erie weather, well, you'll want a 6' safe boat.

    Inland, There's Pymatuning sp? (across into PA), Berlin Res. (in Berlin, SE of Cleveland?),

    Ladue, whereever the heck that is... St. Mary's is way over S. of Toledo I think - it's a huge lake.

    Pontoon boats are the best, especially if you have a family.

    And trucks, well, we're looking - a good car mechanic told me he'd always buy a Chevy - Silverado type,

    because they are much easier to work on.

    For the money $$$ for a charter, you can drive into Canada, or to Minnesota, and camp for a week. @@

    One charter we went on, nobody was catching any fish, again, so he took us to an island over on the Canadian

    side.

    And, for the price of one charter boat, you could probably fly to Alaska and fish for halibut !

    @calfoxwc said:

    K -

    We had a Lake Erie boat for a few years. Used to follow fishing charters from a good distance, and watch them

    with our binoculars. Nobody was catching any fish.

    And Lake Erie weather, well, you'll want a 6' safe boat.

    Inland, There's Pymatuning sp? (across into PA), Berlin Res. (in Berlin, SE of Cleveland?),

    Ladue, whereever the heck that is... St. Mary's is way over S. of Toledo I think - it's a huge lake.

    Pontoon boats are the best, especially if you have a family.

    And trucks, well, we're looking - a good car mechanic told me he'd always buy a Chevy - Silverado type,

    because they are much easier to work on.

    For the money $$$ for a charter, you can drive into Canada, or to Minnesota, and camp for a week. @@

    One charter we went on, nobody was catching any fish, again, so he took us to an island over on the Canadian

    side.

    And, for the price of one charter boat, you could probably fly to Alaska and fish for halibut !

    Yea, I saw a 12 foot fishing boat with trailor for $1900, good shape. I heard the same thing about Silverado's also. My friend is a mechanic, he said that same thing of an F 150. I am basically looking for nothing special, just to get the boat back and forth to the lake. I'll look up Berlin Res. Thanks