Ron Rivera
-
Fun facts....
In 2019 eight teams made HC changes... that's 1/4 of the league, a pretty typical turnover level.
Six hires were first-time HCs. Not sure, but I'd be surprised if the pendulum ever swung that far away from retreads before.
In addition to Rivera, Jay Gruden is already out there.
Prime candidates to join Ron and Jay include:
- Jason Garrett,
- Anthony Lynn,
- Dan Quinn
- Pat Shurmur
- Doug Marrone... that's 7...
Doesn't seem like there are as many "Hot" coordinators out there this season, but a lot of that talk is generated during the playoffs.
Feels like 2020 is setting up to be a retread year....
Fun facts....
Feels like 2020 is setting up to be a retread year....
I guess that's the new norm in the NFL billionaires owners club and the win now or else mentality.
Every single NFL head coach today was hired after 2000, most since 2010 once Belichick, Payton and those guys leave it will be a long time before you see a coach with 20 years with one team again.
An old quote from Bum Phillips "there's two kinds of coaches, them that's fired and them gonna be fired".
Sad really.
-
Fun facts....
In 2019 eight teams made HC changes... that's 1/4 of the league, a pretty typical turnover level.
Six hires were first-time HCs. Not sure, but I'd be surprised if the pendulum ever swung that far away from retreads before.
In addition to Rivera, Jay Gruden is already out there.
Prime candidates to join Ron and Jay include:
- Jason Garrett,
- Anthony Lynn,
- Dan Quinn
- Pat Shurmur
- Doug Marrone... that's 7...
Doesn't seem like there are as many "Hot" coordinators out there this season, but a lot of that talk is generated during the playoffs.
Feels like 2020 is setting up to be a retread year....
Fun facts....
In 2019 eight teams made HC changes... that's 1/4 of the league, a pretty typical turnover level.
Six hires were first-time HCs. Not sure, but I'd be surprised if the pendulum ever swung that far away from retreads before.
In addition to Rivera, Jay Gruden is already out there.
Prime candidates to join Ron and Jay include:
- Jason Garrett,
- Anthony Lynn,
- Dan Quinn
- Pat Shur-loss
- Doug Marrone... that's 7...
Doesn't seem like there are as many "Hot" coordinators out there this season, but a lot of that talk is generated during the playoffs.
Feels like 2020 is setting up to be a retread year....
FIFY.
Pat doesn't have the horses. Jason is done if the Scow-boys don't make the playoffs in the pathetic NFC East. Quinn can put the house up for sale.
At least on the coaching side, it's definitely Not For Long. Win or you're fired. Why I wonder if Feddie will be one and done. He was given plenty of talent- underperformed, and apparently doesn't seem to know how to use it. He gets a mulligan if he loses to the Ravens the second time around, but not losses to the Bengals or Cardinals.
-
-
-
This thread is kind of an exercise in mental masturbation, because I highly doubt Ron Rivera would even want to come to Cleveland. With Jimmah constantly overriding his FO's and analyst's recommendations and coaches having 1-2 years here before they're shit canned, why would Ron Rivera (or any other talented coach) want to waste their time coming here? The fact is, this team's HC job is pretty toxic at the moment.
-
Mike McCarthy is still out there. I have said it before, he's a winner, has a proven track record in both regular season and postseason, has a Superbowl ring. The Browns will eternally be nothing but the doormat of the league until they get a REAL head coach.
And if not, Rivera would be my second option.
-
On the one hand, I don't want to change the coach after only one year, because I want some stability and he was a first time HC and probably needed getting some experience:
On the other hand, he made some stupid mistakes and the team underperformed and even showed a lot of disciplinary problems, so he didn't have a promising start, so let's play the HC change hypothesis:
I don't know any college promising coach, so I'm going to talk about the ones in Tour's list.
My favorites are Quinn, then Rivera and finally Marrone. I would stay away from Garrett and Gruden, and I don't dislike Lynn. Pat is pretty much done.
What I would LOVE, though, is having both an OC and DC calling plays, under a HC's guidelines. Because I'm freaking tired of watching Head Coaches having enough challenges leading a team wanting also playcalling duties. Fuck it, Mayfield always gets 10-15 seconds in the LOS presnap whereas other teams always have 20-25.
-
I just don't see Freddie getting fired after one season, especially if they finish 8-8 or 9-7.
Not saying he's done a good job, because he hasn't, but he's getting another season at least IMO.
-
I just don't see Freddie getting fired after one season, especially if they finish 8-8 or 9-7.
Not saying he's done a good job, because he hasn't, but he's getting another season at least IMO.
I just don't see Freddie getting fired after one season, especially if they finish 8-8 or 9-7.
Not saying he's done a good job, because he hasn't, but he's getting another season at least IMO.
Well....I am of the opinion that the Browns have closed whatever player talent gap may have existed between them and the Spermsuckers and the Ratfuckers.....(except maybe in a couple of spots). But they have definitely NOT closed the gap much more than a scintilla when it comes to coaching talent......and that is with the acknowledgement that the former HC is the worst in the history of the NFL where the HC was not also the owner of the team.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login