Skip to content

Steve Carlson

The Browns Board
22 10 1.1k
  • @gumby73 said:

    He'd be the 3rd.. joining Randall & Higgins saying the same thing..I'm almost convinced Freddie fell for Hue playing nurse for Duke Johnson in hard knocks..

    Wasn't Freddie the coach who originally brought up the fact that too many players were not on the playing field, basically alluding that he thought Hue was being too easy on them? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Wasn't Freddie the coach who originally brought up the fact that too many players were not on the playing field, basically alluding that he thought Hue was being too easy on them? 

    Fred was the RB coach back then & i don't remember his thoughts..but The sparks flew in hard knocks when Toad Haley had his say on key guys sitting..

  • Yup... it was Todd Haley pushing for players to play.

    On Carlson... I like him as well. Definitely a developmental prospect, but he's got really good speed and agility on a good size frame... stuff you can't teach.

    Still Njoku's position to lose, but with Carlson and Seals-Jones and Harris it is going to be a crowded position come Camp 2020.

    image.png.b69cf1545374bf5324dbbab2c433b4bb.png

  • Yup... it was Todd Haley pushing for players to play.

    On Carlson... I like him as well. Definitely a developmental prospect, but he's got really good speed and agility on a good size frame... stuff you can't teach.

    Still Njoku's position to lose, but with Carlson and Seals-Jones and Harris it is going to be a crowded position come Camp 2020.

    image.png.b69cf1545374bf5324dbbab2c433b4bb.png

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup... it was Todd Haley pushing for players to play.

    For some reason I remembered it started with Freddie, then the torch was passed to Haley, who took it to Hue. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Yup... it was Todd Haley pushing for players to play.

    For some reason I remembered it started with Freddie, then the torch was passed to Haley, who took it to Hue. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    For some reason I remembered it started with Freddie, then the torch was passed to Haley, who took it to Hue. 

         new t-shirt...Fred started It!  

  • I was the one who put that scar on that pussies lip.

    OK....maybe not, it will be the one on the other side.

  • Zombo said:

    Steve Carlson sounds like an accountant.

    I went to school with a Steve Carlson.   (no longer with us)

    I find it odd how Freddie holds Njoku out of the lineup.  He said the other day that there's no 'half-way when you're on the field' about Njoku as a reason to keep him inactive,  yet Vernon was in the lineup limping and obviously gimpy.  Will we see Njoku this week?  (after all, Njoku was drafted in round 1 while Carlson wasn't drafted at all)

  • @dutch-oven said:

    For some reason I remembered it started with Freddie, then the torch was passed to Haley, who took it to Hue. 

         new t-shirt...Fred started It!  

    @gumby73 said:

         new t-shirt...Fred started It!  

    I stand corrected...

    I trust that rewatching that painful scene was punishment enough.

  • Zombo said:

    Steve Carlson sounds like an accountant.

    I went to school with a Steve Carlson.   (no longer with us)

    I find it odd how Freddie holds Njoku out of the lineup.  He said the other day that there's no 'half-way when you're on the field' about Njoku as a reason to keep him inactive,  yet Vernon was in the lineup limping and obviously gimpy.  Will we see Njoku this week?  (after all, Njoku was drafted in round 1 while Carlson wasn't drafted at all)

    @orion said:

    I went to school with a Steve Carlson.   (no longer with us)

    I find it odd how Freddie holds Njoku out of the lineup.  He said the other day that there's no 'half-way when you're on the field' about Njoku as a reason to keep him inactive,  yet Vernon was in the lineup limping and obviously gimpy.  Will we see Njoku this week?  (after all, Njoku was drafted in round 1 while Carlson wasn't drafted at all)

    Think maybe that has to do with depth at the two positions that is healthy/not suspended? Three half way could also mean something along the effects of njoku saying he didn't feel good enough to practice multiple times while Vernon participated every practice. 

  • @orion said:

    I went to school with a Steve Carlson.   (no longer with us)

    I find it odd how Freddie holds Njoku out of the lineup.  He said the other day that there's no 'half-way when you're on the field' about Njoku as a reason to keep him inactive,  yet Vernon was in the lineup limping and obviously gimpy.  Will we see Njoku this week?  (after all, Njoku was drafted in round 1 while Carlson wasn't drafted at all)

    Think maybe that has to do with depth at the two positions that is healthy/not suspended? Three half way could also mean something along the effects of njoku saying he didn't feel good enough to practice multiple times while Vernon participated every practice. 

    @bjh2130 said:

    could also mean something along the effects of njoku saying he didn't feel good enough to practice multiple times while Vernon participated every practice. 

    Well, all I've been hearing lately is Njoku saying he's been ready for weeks.

  • @bjh2130 said:

    could also mean something along the effects of njoku saying he didn't feel good enough to practice multiple times while Vernon participated every practice. 

    Well, all I've been hearing lately is Njoku saying he's been ready for weeks.

    @orion said:

    Well, all I've been hearing lately is Njoku saying he's been ready for weeks.

    I thought I remembered reading the week of Thanksgiving he wasn't on the practice field either Wednesday or Friday when reporters were allowed there.

  • I want to say Carlson made a few plays in the preseason, but I could be confusing him with another TE.  I'm definitely liking what I see and hopefully he can stick around for a while.  I'd be interested to see us run a fade route with him, just to see if that's something he can do.  Njoku was getting pretty good at it, so having another athletic guy out there could be tough to stop.