Skip to content

Odell Beckham vague on future with Browns amid worst season

The Browns Board
56 25 1.4k 1
  • It's interesting that Jarvis Landry, after two pretty bad seasons(2017 ranks as one of the worst receiving seasons in nfl history imo) has had a nice year so far this year.  He's getting down the field more, and his average route run appears to be longer.

    In 2017 he somewhere managed to turn 160 targets into less than 1000 receiving yards.  How does one do that?  2018 was mediocre at best.  Then in 2019 he's become a plus player.

    The question is whether or not 2019 represents something, or whether or he will revert back to 2017 and 2018?  Because if this year represents a move towards running routes of more value and more YAC in general, he's ok even at his current contract.  But I sense it is more the former, and if so he will be cut whenever that contract means the Browns can get out of it without a cap hit.  IIRC it's not this offseason but the next. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @tacosman said:

    in 2017 he somewhere managed to turn 160 targets into less than 1000 receiving yards.  How does one do that?  2018 was mediocre at best. 

    In 2017 he was in Miami...and did he not have over 100 receptions.  And in 2018 he had 80 something catches.  That's mediocre?   

  • @tacosman said:

    in 2017 he somewhere managed to turn 160 targets into less than 1000 receiving yards.  How does one do that?  2018 was mediocre at best. 

    In 2017 he was in Miami...and did he not have over 100 receptions.  And in 2018 he had 80 something catches.  That's mediocre?   

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @orion said:

    In 2017 he was in Miami...and did he not have over 100 receptions.  And in 2018 he had 80 something catches.  That's mediocre?   

    I'm still trying to figure out why we'd cut him in the case of "the former" which is he continues to play at a "2019 represents" elevated level...

    @tacosman said:

    The question is whether or not 2019 represents something, or whether or he will revert back to 2017 and 2018?  Because if this year represents a move towards running routes of more value and more YAC in general, he's ok even at his current contract.  But I sense it is more the former, and if so he will be cut whenever that contract means the Browns can get out of it without a cap hit.  IIRC it's not this offseason but the next.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #15

    OBJ can't go anywhere we don't want to send him.

    And if he has ideas about acting up to get out, then he needs to ask Antonio Brown how that worked out for him.

  • @browns52 said:

    it don't matter....other teams can pick up his contract....contracts have looopholes...he could be gone...and who cares...none of this shitty experiment worked anyway....

    A lot of it is on Freddie. His is an imbecile that would rather target fucken Demetrius Harris in the End Zone then a generational talent. Doesn't help that Baker is throwing INTs like Kluber is throwing off speed stuff. The whole situation is quite sad.

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @warriorsrpussies said:

    A lot of it is on Freddie. His is an imbecile that would rather target fucken Demetrius Harris in the End Zone then a generational talent. Doesn't help that Baker is throwing INTs like Kluber is throwing off speed stuff. The whole situation is quite sad.

    Baker is the one targeting the players I'm the redzone. I can promise you the plays aren't just "OBJ don't run a route or try to get open we're gonna throw to Harris and Landry."

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Forget it, he's rolling.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #18

    But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg

  • If Freddie's back, OBJ will want out and he won't be timid about asking for it.  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @d-bone said:

    If Freddie's back, OBJ will want out and he won't be timid about asking for it.  

    Or he'll just use the ABrown strategy and have a hissy fit until he gets cut and will go outside and do a strange dance on video of course which will then go viral and then get a call from Billy B. and the NE scavengers and sign a one year deal but will forget where he's at and do something stupid and get cut and end up unemployed and out of football.

    Or something like that.  😕

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    So far I've been nothing but impressed by his patience and teamwork. He has every right to be frustrated, but I see nothing but incompetent journalists trying their hardest to make a story when their isn't one. Even bad teams with star WRs get their guy the ball...what's the freakin problem? 

  • So far I've been nothing but impressed by his patience and teamwork. He has every right to be frustrated, but I see nothing but incompetent journalists trying their hardest to make a story when their isn't one. Even bad teams with star WRs get their guy the ball...what's the freakin problem? 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @jiggins7919 said:

    So far I've been nothing but impressed by his patience and teamwork. He has every right to be frustrated, but I see nothing but incompetent journalists trying their hardest to make a story when their isn't one. Even bad teams with star WRs get their guy the ball...what's the freakin problem? 

    it's a nothingburger. "it's a business" he doesn't know. If he says "I never want to leave the Browns" the question will be "does he care about winning?" or something.

        Just more dumb journalist questions, mary kay cabbage and tony rizzo style.

  • @warriorsrpussies said:

    A lot of it is on Freddie. His is an imbecile that would rather target fucken Demetrius Harris in the End Zone then a generational talent. Doesn't help that Baker is throwing INTs like Kluber is throwing off speed stuff. The whole situation is quite sad.

    Baker is the one targeting the players I'm the redzone. I can promise you the plays aren't just "OBJ don't run a route or try to get open we're gonna throw to Harris and Landry."

    WarriorsRpussiesW WarriorsRpussies wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @bjh2130 said:

    Baker is the one targeting the players I'm the redzone. I can promise you the plays aren't just "OBJ don't run a route or try to get open we're gonna throw to Harris and Landry."

    It's both of them man. Like I said it's fucken sad. Had both of them on fantasy because I thought they would blow the fuck up but and they have costed me dearly (like literal actual money).

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #23

    You had Harris in Daily Fantasy?

    What did he cost... six-bits?

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Hes not the only one vague about future with browns

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #25
  • bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @d-bone said:

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2866030-baker-mayfield-odell-beckham-jrs-injury-wasnt-handled-right-by-browns

    I didn't hear that Glazer report. That's very interesting to me.  I don't fully believe it because he and Jarvis are so tight and I really think Jarvis loves it here.  It would be a slap in the face to his best friend.  When OBJ is on the field he's giving 100% blocking for teammates and is legitimately happy when teammates score. 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #27

    ... plus winning helps.

    Meanwhile I have to wonder how many more passes Baker gets when he speaks even a little out of turn.

  • ... plus winning helps.

    Meanwhile I have to wonder how many more passes Baker gets when he speaks even a little out of turn.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #28

    @tour2ma said:

    ... plus winning helps.

    Meanwhile I have to wonder how many more passes Baker gets when he speaks even a little out of turn.

    I was 100% OK with his immediate quote on live TV after the Myles Meltdown, but he has got to learn to not be quite so honest regarding other players and their business...........

    "I don't know about any of that, and that's between _____________ and the team" will serve him well as a leader in the future.  

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #29
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #30

    This team has a ton of soul-searching to do this offseason.

    And growing up to do, too. 

  • OBJ can't go anywhere we don't want to send him.

    And if he has ideas about acting up to get out, then he needs to ask Antonio Brown how that worked out for him.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @tour2ma said:

    OBJ can't go anywhere we don't want to send him.

    And if he has ideas about acting up to get out, then he needs to ask Antonio Brown how that worked out for him.

    obj will not be here next yr.....i'll tell you who he will be with.....the patriots.....no doubt....or possibly a west coast team...my guess, the pats...but he won't be here....

  • This team has a ton of soul-searching to do this offseason.

    And growing up to do, too. 

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @dutch-oven said:

    This team has a ton of soul-searching to do this offseason.

    And growing up to do, too. 

    there won't be alot of players or coaches here next yr...so i don't know what kind of soul searching you can do when it looks like another rebuild...what will it be now....20 rebuilds....hahahahahaaaaaa.....