Skip to content

A gem in the o line.

The Browns Board
17 12 552
  • Put simply, you don't have the leading rusher in the NFL with a catastrophically bad line like people seem to think we have. As I noted in another thread, our line marks slightly above average most weeks, and the overall rankings is, IMO, skewed downward as we had 2-3 weeks with 1/2 our line out. 

    Do I think and I would be happy if we drafted our next franchise LT? absolutely. I'm just not 110% that's priority numero uno.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Put simply, you don't have the leading rusher in the NFL with a catastrophically bad line like people seem to think we have. As I noted in another thread, our line marks slightly above average most weeks, and the overall rankings is, IMO, skewed downward as we had 2-3 weeks with 1/2 our line out. 

    Do I think and I would be happy if we drafted our next franchise LT? absolutely. I'm just not 110% that's priority numero uno.

    OK....what is?   Going into next years FA/Draft season, what is the #1 priority, position wise?

  • Hold on to your horses, this was against Cincinnati, Teller was terrible against Pittsburgh.

    @mddawg said:

    Hold on to your horses, this was against Cincinnati, Teller was terrible against Pittsburgh.

    Geno Adkins is no slouch.

  • @mddawg said:

    Hold on to your horses, this was against Cincinnati, Teller was terrible against Pittsburgh.

    Geno Adkins is no slouch.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Geno Adkins is no slouch.

    Geno and Dunlap both are pretty stout. We'll have our hands full again with Suggs and Chandler Jones. 

  • Early impression from the pass pro that I saw - kid has active feet.  And is 'always looking for work'.      Saw Geno get across his face a couple times but that is to be expected against a pro bowler.   Not sure how his run blocking grade averaged out, but you see flashes where he works his leverage and 'turns' dline well enough.  Wouldn't call the kid a straight up mauler by any measure though.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Put simply, you don't have the leading rusher in the NFL with a catastrophically bad line like people seem to think we have. As I noted in another thread, our line marks slightly above average most weeks, and the overall rankings is, IMO, skewed downward as we had 2-3 weeks with 1/2 our line out. 

    Do I think and I would be happy if we drafted our next franchise LT? absolutely. I'm just not 110% that's priority numero uno.

    OK....what is?   Going into next years FA/Draft season, what is the #1 priority, position wise?

    @the-gipper said:

    OK....what is?   Going into next years FA/Draft season, what is the #1 priority, position wise?

    IMO?

    DE/OLB, any combination. I'm a staunch believer that QB and DE/OLB are a position you can't have enough depth at, and outside of Garrett no one makes me go "wow". Wilson has filled in admirably, and Kirksey is officially in the "can't be trusted" category. Definitely someone who can stand up and cover though.

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK....what is?   Going into next years FA/Draft season, what is the #1 priority, position wise?

    IMO?

    DE/OLB, any combination. I'm a staunch believer that QB and DE/OLB are a position you can't have enough depth at, and outside of Garrett no one makes me go "wow". Wilson has filled in admirably, and Kirksey is officially in the "can't be trusted" category. Definitely someone who can stand up and cover though.

    @jrb12711 said:

    IMO?

    DE/OLB, any combination. I'm a staunch believer that QB and DE/OLB are a position you can't have enough depth at, and outside of Garrett no one makes me go "wow". Wilson has filled in admirably, and Kirksey is officially in the "can't be trusted" category. Definitely someone who can stand up and cover though.

    It never hurts to have a whole slew of good pass rushers.   I thought we would have that this year......but now, no Garrett, no Vernon,  no Lawrence, no Avery.....

    And that leaves us with what?  (as far as this year is concerned?)

  • Kind of begs the question as to whether adding players to the offensive line or keeping the line intact and allowing them to learn to work together is the optimal plan of action.

    WSS

  • Teller is a keeper.. robinson and hubbard, not so much

    OL is by far priority one this offseason, if we draft 2 hopefully 1 will be worth keeping around.  Yes, always essential to also draft edge so that there is a next man to be up, but we may need a couple DB's this offseason if Randall leaves.

    Thomas seems decent, but the rest of the backup DL is roster filler. 

  • I do hope our OL is solidifying.....but OL still, to me, will be a priority in the next draft/FA class.

    @the-gipper said:

    I do hope our OL is solidifying.....but OL still, to me, will be a priority in the next draft/FA class.

    It should be, Hubbard CAN'T BE the starting RT next season. 

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Geno Adkins is no slouch.

    Geno and Dunlap both are pretty stout. We'll have our hands full again with Suggs and Chandler Jones. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Geno and Dunlap both are pretty stout. We'll have our hands full again with Suggs and Chandler Jones. 

    14 sacks already, no joke. 

  • Kind of begs the question as to whether adding players to the offensive line or keeping the line intact and allowing them to learn to work together is the optimal plan of action.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Kind of begs the question as to whether adding players to the offensive line or keeping the line intact and allowing them to learn to work together is the optimal plan of action.

    WSS

    The tackle position has to be upgraded. At best they are stopgaps.